sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

How would I get one one of these special list things? Haha, I know I have no chance but it would be nice to find out tongue.gif

How would I get one one of these special list things? Haha, I know I have no chance but it would be nice to find out tongue.gif

You just have to PM one of the winners and hope their list is open? (though, most lists are closed now for a 2nd gen. 3rd gen lists miiight be open). Of course, you don't want to PM them if they state that their list is not open xd.png

I guess things like this means I should stalk the forums more. I didn't even know people were opening breeding lists to begin with! xd.png

You just have to PM one of the winners and hope their list is open? (though, most lists are closed now for a 2nd gen. 3rd gen lists miiight be open). Of course, you don't want to PM them if they state that their list is not open xd.png

My 3rd gen list is still open for now lol

If I didn't like the IOU thing so much, QAndais, I probably would be PMing you right now for a spot...*does not like IOUs*

I'm not on that many lists, certainly not as many as Forty. tongue.gif I'm not awesome, I just put effort into trying to get on lists. It's not as hard as people make out, really. ^^

Though I am on two lists of the same colour of prize... an even gen lineage could be interesting... I will think about that xd.png

I offered an IOU of 3 ND Hatchlings for a spot of a 2nd gen list.

1 - Got Rejected

2 - Suddenly Disappeared On Me

All the others just ignored the PM's. so yes, its VERY hard to get on lists sad.gif

1 - Got Rejected

All the others just ignored the PM's. so yes, its VERY hard to get on lists sad.gif

Well, I was only speaking from personal experience. Yes, I had some ignored PM's too, but I got on some lists. Think of how prizewinners feel, being swamped with PM's; it'd be extremely hard to reply to them all. And I guess there'll be quite a few people PMing winners offering the same ND IOUs and CB metals and stuff. I just tried to be as polite as possible, and gave them a wide choice of things I could offer.

As for 3rd gens that people are talking about, I don't think I'll put too much effort into getting them. I'll probably end up doing 3rd gen swaps with people after a while, but not right away. And please don't PM me about any of my few 2nd gens until I get them. I probably won't accept trades until then.

Edited by TheGrox

1 - Got Rejected

I have a feeling that most people would value CB metals more then NDs. After all, metals can be bred while NDs are just the sprites needed for scroll completion - in other words, unless the person in question hoards NDs, all people need are three adults and four hatchlings in order to have a sprite of each gender.

1 - Got Rejected

I guess you'd have to be very fast? Because after a day or so I think the winners would be immersed in ND and CB metallic offers x_x So yeah, not that easy to get into 2nd gen lists, I got my place in one by sheer kindness of the winner and I still don't have any words for it, I was really really touched and still can't believe it xd.png That's why I will be gifting its offspring to random people from the forums while making random trades along the way

I was contacted by a winner and asked if I was interested in doing a breeding project in exchange for going on their list for a second-gen shimmer. Wasn't expecting that but I'm quite happy about it!

The project involves my CB Bright Pink. Not a CB metal or Neglected or any of that at all. I didn't think I had a chance at Shimmers, so I didn't try contacting anyone. Shows what I know. biggrin.gif

Given how slowly they seem to be breeding, and how far down I am on the particular list I'm on, I'm going to wait until I have an egg before I start thinking about opening a list. Who knows ... by that time, maybe there will be 4th and 5th gens (or higher) that are reproducing like mad, and the lists won't be so crazy.

Edited by terradi

I have a feeling that most people would value CB metals more then NDs. After all, metals can be bred while NDs are just the sprites needed for scroll completion - in other words, unless the person in question hoards NDs, all people need are three adults and four hatchlings in order to have a sprite of each gender.

This exactly I am heavily breeding centric on rt his game and as such dragons like cheeses, NDs, chickens papers etc...

If I catch or make them I gift them away or trade them they are worse than useless for me

This exactly I am heavily breeding centric on rt his game and as such dragons like cheeses, NDs, chickens papers etc...

If I catch or make them I gift them away or trade them they are worse than useless for me

Yes, I'm the same way. That's why I think that the first couple of offers with NDs would have been accepted (since most people don't have them), but after some point they just become worthless to anyone.

I am content to have one of each gender and one genderless. Like you said, after that, they sort of become useless...unless of course your goals is to make an army or something of them. lol

That's how I feel, there's only so many NDs you can really "require" because they don't breed; whereas with CB metals they can breed... although I guess you could also argue there's only so many CB metals you can have before it'd get boring. xd.png

I'm not on that many lists, certainly not as many as Forty. tongue.gif I'm not awesome, I just put effort into trying to get on lists. It's not as hard as people make out, really. ^^

Though I am on two lists of the same colour of prize... an even gen lineage could be interesting... I will think about that xd.png

Yeah, the one person I was able to contact before all lists were closed was doing a raffle to determine slots... and I lost. So I have to wait for slots to open to try again, and based on the breeding so far, that might be awhile. sad.gif

Yeah, the one person I was able to contact before all lists were closed was doing a raffle to determine slots... and I lost. So I have to wait for slots to open to try again, and based on the breeding so far, that might be awhile. sad.gif

I'm sure you'll get on a list some time! Slots will open up sooner or later; it took me more than a year to get a 2nd gen Tinsel, but I finally did. You just have to be a bit patient. :3

Also, as for the ND's thing; I agree. I don't have any ND's, and I will want them at some point to complete my scroll. But I only want one of each sprite (adults and frozen hatchies), nothing more. And I certainly wouldn't trade CB Metals for them; to me CB Metals are worth a lot more. But that's just my opinion. :3

I'm sure you'll get on a list some time! Slots will open up sooner or later; it took me more than a year to get a 2nd gen Tinsel, but I finally did. You just have to be a bit patient. :3

I know... I'm just saying that it was only "easy" within the initial time frame, which I missed. >..< So I'll watch and wait for slots to open, and hopefully be able to come up with something that the winners want when that occurs.

And I agree on NDs... I'd only want the "scroll completion set," and after that, they'd just be trade fodder.

Not that I wouldn't mind a 2g or 3g shimmer, but I'm thrilled to have a 2g fail baby and on a list for at least one more. Hopefully they gender right and I can make pretty shimmerkin lineages to toss to the AP. smile.gif

So excited for them to populate and have several babies! Really want to make a cool lineage with Jewel and Penk! biggrin.gif

I found an shimmer offspring of (satan) on AotND. Has a Cavelurker father. IMO, they don't look good together....

*sigh* Another Shimmerless breeding from the Bronze I'll be receiving an offspring from. Guess I'll be waiting yet another week. tongue.gif

In case anyone is interested, I'm going for a more simple Bronze Shimmer x White. Just because I think it looks like a nice pairing and I didn't have much to pick from as the owner doesn't have too many CB's. But I'm happy with any pairing really.

I did see a bronze shimmer with a shadow walker the other day and that paring also looked rather nice.