sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

Since the Shimmers don't seem to be as good breeders as the Tinsels were, I'm curious: are 3rdGen lists opened yet? And what would one need to get on them?

Since the Shimmers don't seem to be as good breeders as the Tinsels were, I'm curious: are 3rdGen lists opened yet? And what would one need to get on them?

It depends on the person. I know a few people who are on lists for Gen2s who have opened their own Gen3 lists. But there's also some who are waiting until they actually get their egg.

Some are (most didn't receive the egg yet though). I guess it's just about PM'ing the 2nd gen (future)owners and asking if their list is open, that's what happened to me twice, and it was because of those 2 people that I decided to "open" mine (edit: officially open for official trades when I get the egg of course, I meant open to check offers and make a list of who to PM when I do breed the dragon)

Not really sure about trades, I'm just doing about 3 lineage swaps for now to get on a 3rd gen list (for the prizes I liked the most :v )

edit: I will consider every single offer I receive and make a list, from what I want the most to what I need the less

Edited by LaHaine

This coming Monday, I'm first on two lists, so I'm hoping the dragons will be co-operative and breed shinies. One already gave no interest for my turn this week. XD

As for trading... I was hoping to trade for a few CB metals first (since I have a goal I want to reach) and then maybe settling for lineage swaps. c:

I found an shimmer offspring of (satan) on AotND. Has a Cavelurker father. IMO, they don't look good together....

They don't have to look nice or bad, it's a free stuff. unsure.gif

It's the one you did the lotto for isn't it? Thank you for giving people that opportunity~

Looking forward to the day I get my 3rd gen. I'd love to be able to collect an egg from each line.

Not to mention everybody has different ideas of what looks good together. Personally I've never been a huge fan of old pink with reds or hollies, but lots of other people like them. To each their own.

I thought the lurker didn't look half bad at all. Come Halloween maybe I'll luck into a lurker shimmerkin, lol.

Not sure why everyone keeps saying this, shimmers are in fact, statistically breeding better than the tinsels.....but meh, people have short memories

Shimmers are already doing MUCH better than Tinsels, really.

Edited by Karobb

They don't have to look nice or bad, it's a free stuff.  unsure.gif

haha, you are so right!!

On another note, I am thinking with all these lists and lists of lists, the general public may never see one....geez....so sad....I think DC needs a new distraction.

Edited by Karobb

haha, you are so right!!

On another note, I am thinking with all these lists and lists of lists, the general public may never see one....geez....so sad....I think DC needs a new distraction.

Nah, once I have the opportunity, I will be gifting 4th/5th gens to the Prize Gifting Thread, so I think many others will do the same.

Once I get my second and third gen's, I'll breed a third gen and a fourth for myself, and then the rest will be gifted, some will be AP'd :3

They'll be out just like tinsels are soon enough...we just need more players too actually have one and breed them out to even more. Breeding is going a bit slow, so I wouldn't expect them to be out there like tinsels for several months ^^;

And with the people planning on gifting egs out to people...I'm sure they'll be plentiful eventually smile.gif

*shrug* I didn't say I wouldn't take it if it was offered/won. Only actual absolute no goes to me are Water Horses and Mints, in regards to the other parent that is. I actually don't care otherwise....

*shrug* I didn't say I wouldn't take it if it was offered/won. Only actual absolute no goes to me are Water Horses and Mints, in regards to the other parent that is. I actually don't care otherwise....

i like mints, but they are too small for shimmers... but maybe i'll try them together someday, will see

LMAO!

I totally agree though... xd.png

Okay... My plan:

Breed a 3rd gen, gift to random thread

Breed another after CD, keep.

Then AP a few, send out a few...

Well, that's pretty much it! xd.png

I might ap a 2nd or 3rd gen once I'm done with my list.

Silas is taking forever though. Trying him with a new mate next week, so hopefully you'll see an egg from him. Cross your fingers.

I might ap a 2nd or 3rd gen once I'm done with my list.

Silas is taking forever though. Trying him with a new mate next week, so hopefully you'll see an egg from him. Cross your fingers.

Crossing! tongue.gif

Yeah, a lot of us were fairly open about winning. I know only 1 gold winner I think revealed at first. the majority revealed were silver winners at first.

Well, yeah... I saw that, but I would've felt really bad for PMing the winners when I knew they were being bombarded by requests... dry.gif

And I totally missed my chance at a 2nd gen Silver Shimmer... sad.gif

And Wolfsong442, I'll forever cross my fingers xd.png

Edited by mistycloud123

Wow this thread really picked up after I decided not to may attention to it anymore. XD

Anyway, I REALLY hope Shine breeds a Shimmer this week. >___< I want to start handing out eggies to the people on my list...

Hmm. I'm curious.

Those of you who won CB Shimmers, how did you decide which gender you wanted? Did you influence or just let it gender as it may?

Those of you who didn't win, what would've you done?

For me, it would depend on which color: Bronze: Male, Silver: Female, Gold: Female. Pretty random, just based on what my ideal 2nd Gens would be (Bronze x Female Harvest, Silver x Male Moonstone, Gold x Male Terrae or Male Pillow).

Hmm. I'm curious.

Those of you who won CB Shimmers, how did you decide which gender you wanted? Did you influence or just let it gender as it may?

Those of you who didn't win, what would've you done?

For me, it would depend on which color: Bronze: Male, Silver: Female, Gold: Female. Pretty random, just based on what my ideal 2nd Gens would be (Bronze x Female Harvest, Silver x Male Moonstone, Gold x Male Terrae or Male Pillow).

I choose male for Logic because of several reasons:

1. I wanted to do a Frill lineage and I only had one frill, who happens to be a female.

2. Logic's code and current name are based off of a MALE character, so it's be illogical to have him as a female instead xd.png

I have to admit, in regards to the Shimmer wins, it was rather hard to see new people who haven't even been here a year, getting prizes, when I've been here since 08, and have particiapated fully in every contest, and event since, yet no prize.

I know, I know, it was random choose. Still disgruntles a bit. I'm only human. wink.gif

I chose Silas' gender because the character I based him off of is male.

Plus, I'm really into having male "things"...characters, pets.