7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I must get Deoxys, I forgot to get Meloetta when she was available. I just don't make the time to swing by Gamestop since there are none near me. xd.png

There's a new rumor going around that Sylveon's type is 'Fairy' and will possibly be a new type introduced, thus changing Cleffa/Clafairy/Cleffable, etc.

That could be interesting... but... Fairy type? I lol'ed.

Take with a grain of salt.

That's actually been going around for quite some time now, since it was announced. Personally, I'm hoping for light and sound types, myself.

I take any new type rumors with a large amount of salt. There have been rumors of that ever since we got Dark and Steel in Gen 2. I'd rather see a light-type, since fairy seems less like a proper type and more like a classification...

Fairy is already an egg breeding group, so I suppose it's possible...though I think calling it Magic, Celestial, or Mystic might suit it better.

Oh, I like the idea of a Celestial type, I think that would be cool. Sylveon doesn't strike me as suiting that kind of type, though. I guess I have to see how Sylveon's move list is first.

/loves talking about a hypothetical new type

Yeah, the Fairy typing does sound possible, but rumors are always flying around in the months before a game release, so I'm just waiting too.

I just hope GF can fix all the annoying trades in the GTS. No, children, there are NO legendary Pokemon that are level 9 and under, so stop asking. x_x All I want is to finish the Magnemite Coil and get that Comet Shard from the Join Avenue boss/CEO guy.

I have less then 20 levels to go, and I just wanna get it done. sad.gif

There COULD be, though. They could give away an event legendary that's less than level 9, after all. You could obtain a level 1 Giratina, Palkia, or Dialga in HGSS by transferring over an Arceus to activate the Arceus event.

Other legendaries I don't think exist below level 9, but there's always a possibility I suppose.

Some people think they just do it to show off awesome shinies and stuff since they know nobody can trade them what they're looking for.

Well, there's always the event Mews, which are level 5, as well. And hacks. Lots of hacks.

~

I'm so stoked for the Deoxys event. Come oooonnnnnnn and get heeeeerrrrreeee. I want my Deoxyribonucleic Acid Pokémon!

Actually most people put those trades up because they're attempting to clone the pokemon shown for trade. Some sort of GTS glitch :U

Also, Sylveon totally looks Fairy type to me |D Either Fairy, Flying, or Normal. Anything else is kind of a stretch to me.

There would barely be any pokemon in the fairy type, only Sylveon, Cleffa, Clefairy, and Cleffable, so I think that REALLY won't be a type. Neither will Light. Really? They all sound derpy.

If they brought in a new type, there would probably be more in the new generation besides just Sylveon. Also some retyping might happen.

Discounting legendaries, there are only 9 Dragon-type Pokemon evolution lines. Doesn't seem like that big of a stretch to me~

Actually most people put those trades up because they're attempting to clone the pokemon shown for trade. Some sort of GTS glitch :U

There was also a trick you could do in Gen IV--put an evolves-by-trade Pokémon like Kadabra up for trade, search for a different Pokémon and trade for that, take the evolves-by-trade Pokémon off offer and ta-da! It would evolve. But you'd put something impossible for the evolves-by-trade Pokémon when you offered it, so it wouldn't actually be traded while you pulled off the trick. I don't know if that still works in Gen V though.

If they brought in a new type, there would probably be more in the new generation besides just Sylveon. Also some retyping might happen.

Discounting legendaries, there are only 9 Dragon-type Pokemon evolution lines. Doesn't seem like that big of a stretch to me~

There would probably be TWO in the Fairy, (And some more if they add) and they COULD add Mew to be a fairy... I can see it.

There's probably not many dragons because of how powerful they are. The only one I would say NOT strong, probably Altaria. (Although I like it) But others,(Haxorus, Salamence, Dragonair) are pretty strong.

I would like to get X or Y, alas, my stunning ability to not own a 3DS has haulted my dreams wink.gif

I also think Sylveon will end up being flying C:

There would barely be any pokemon in the fairy type, only Sylveon, Cleffa, Clefairy, and Cleffable, so I think that REALLY won't be a type. Neither will Light. Really? They all sound derpy.

When they first added Dark and Steel there weren't tons of Pokemon in those type lines. There were 6 Pokemon that were added that were Dark-type and 2 re-typed and 4 added that were Steel-typed.

Besides that, they could add more new Pokemon that are of that type.

I could easily see the Chansey and Jigglypuff lines getting Fairy-typing, and I could see re-typing of the Togepi line, too. That's just off the top of my head.

Looking through existing Pokemon, I could see the following Pokemon/lines being re-typed to fairy or given dual-type with Fairy:

Subbull Line

Uxie

Azelf

Mesprit

Shaymin

Munna Line

Audino

Minccino line

Gothita line

Elgyem line

Mienfoo line

And a few others I'm more sure I'd be one of the few who would be able to see a potential re-typing as Fairy.

A Light/Holy type would be pretty cool, though, IMO.

I wouldn't mind a fairy typing, would finally kick all those stupid pink puffballs into something special.

I wouldn't mind a fairy typing, would finally kick all those stupid pink puffballs into something special.

Not necessarily. For all we know the theoretical Fairy-type could be utterly useless. No strengths, multiple weaknesses, and zero immunities.

Even worse would be if it had a weakness to Ghost (which I could definitly see), which would totally negate any benefit of it being dual-typed with Normal, because then they'd lose their one immunity. xd.png

Even worse--if it was ACTUALLY be exempt from STABs, or having zero or damaging (or, hell, even useful) moves of it's type, making it effectively the Splash of types. xd.png

Not necessarily.  For all we know the theoretical Fairy-type could be utterly useless.  No strengths, multiple weaknesses, and zero immunities.

Even worse would be if it had a weakness to Ghost (which I could definitly see), which would totally negate any benefit of it being dual-typed with Normal, because then they'd lose their one immunity.  xd.png

Even worse--if it was ACTUALLY be exempt from STABs, or having zero or damaging (or, hell, even useful) moves of it's type, making it effectively the Splash of types.  xd.png

Immunities trump all, so it would actually be beneficial to have it part normal. Think of Zapdos - Earthquake does not affect him because flying negates it (unless under special conditions).

And they'd have to do it for a combo of balance reasons and perhaps because people are expecting a new type (hype, anyone)? It wouldn't be completely useless. Perhaps it's SE against dragon? Or resists it, maybe. Think of a knight in shining armour.

Edited by High Lord November

Immunities trump all, so it would actually be beneficial to have it part normal. Think of Zapdos - Earthquake does not affect him because flying negates it (unless under special conditions).

And they'd have to do it for a combo of balance reasons and perhaps because people are expecting a new type (hype, anyone)? It wouldn't be completely useless. Perhaps it's SE against dragon? Or resists it, maybe. Think of a knight in shining armour.

Not if they change game mechanics. ;D

I mean, I doubt that they would make a type that is utterly useless. But it's fun to think about all the things they'd change to make it utterly useless, haha. xd.png

More likely it would be decently balanced if it's a new type. But it's fun to imagine it being the Splash of types, haha.

Hey the Deoxys event went live. But they seemed to have changed their minds and it's not actually available for Black and White. Just Black 2 and White 2.

I was really hoping for two of them..... but I guess one is great. Now I just need Jirachi.

(And then I get to transfer all of them in october and catch another 100 or so pokemon to finish that dex...)

Darn, was hoping for 4 to have one of each forme. Oh well, 2's plenty happy.gif

So Corocoro may or may not have leaked. Looking at the new Pokémon, I don't know if I care if they're real or not, but the goat monster looks kind of cool.

You can ride a goat. Like, that, is so awesome. I hope this is 100% real because I want to ride a goat through the streets.

Professor will probably be all like, you can't ride that thing inside /stern face

And I'll be like, argument invalid, I'm riding a goat.

The images here

http://serebii.net/corocoro5131.jpg

http://serebii.net/corocoro5132.jpg

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

You can ride a goat. Like, that, is so awesome. I hope this is 100% real because I want to ride a goat through the streets.

Professor will probably be all like, you can't ride that thing inside /stern face

And I'll be like, argument invalid, I'm riding a goat.

The images here

http://serebii.net/corocoro5131.jpg

http://serebii.net/corocoro5132.jpg

Okay, if that's a real leak, I am super excited. If it is, I especially hope we can also ride past pokémon, such as Ponyta and Rapidash. That would be so epic <3 I also really love that they are adding the ability to customize your character's hair and skin color smile.gif I hope eye color and clothing color are also options to customize. The one thing I dislike about the male character, however, is that his hair is so flat, it makes his head look like a block xd.png

"MAD SCIENTIST'S words echoed. PieGuy, there's a time and a for everything, but riding a goat inside is ****ING IRRESPONSIBLE AND RUDE, and it RUINS people's floors, so you BETTER GET OFF AND CRAM IT IN A POKÉBALL, OR I'MA SHOOT CHOO WIT MAH LAZAAAARRRRR!""

(Sorry for caps; I got a teensy bit carried away with how fun writing that was tongue.gif) I really would love if the error message were something funny like that.

Edited by PieMaster