7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Not that I know of, because i've never even heard of that happening in recent games.. huh.gif

my greatest achievement in Y is capture the mascot (yvetal) with a quick ball :3, yay i get to keep my master ball for another day biggrin.gif.

also can people add me to there friends list on 3ds?

The recent cover legendaries have higher catch rates than others, so don't waste your masterball on the cover legend. wink.gif

I'm gonna try to breed myself perfect shinies of each of the Johto starters starting with Totodile since it's my most favorite starter so if anybody gets a 5V Totodile named "NOT ME" over Wonder Trade that's probably one of mine |D

Edited by Pika_Oi

I still haven't used the masterball in X version. I caught all the legendaries pretty easily.

I mean, I guess it's nice for the younger players that they don't end up flinging their 3DS across the room or cry or whatever.... but I wish there was a real "hard" mode on the games (besides battling folks online).

Even so the mewtwo and Zygarde were super easy to catch and those weren't required for progressing the story.

I've been playing through Red version on my gameboy and I just caught zapdos and articuno, and let me tell you, it was a real battle having to get them near 1 HP, put to sleep, and having to use up at least 20 ultraballs and the magical up+B.

Nothing more frustrating than the "the pokeball missed" (does it even do that in the later gens?).

No it does not miss anymore.... it stopped that in Gen 3 I believe. May have even been Gen 2.... but I'm more certain on Gen 3.

And that bit about the master ball..... I do that still. My old ways of "aw crap a legendary... you're gonna be really hard to catch...." still prevail even though I know I completely can chuck a pokeball at it and it'll be caught. Which, oddly enough, also is why I go around chucking pokeballs at every pokemon I catch myself. Traded, of course, may not have that benefit but any pokemon I caught myself I catch with a pokeball. Including the legendaries that I dont throw the master ball at xd.png

thank you for telling about the catch rates, now i can get all the legendaries without a master ball BWAHAHAhahahahehe

Ok that's what I thought on the missing a pokemon. I did a playthrough of Silver about two years ago and don't recall that happening.

Ugh Moltres gave me the same treatment but I got it eventually. I also managed to beat the E4 and Blue/Gary with a level 45 team (plus one level 50 Zapdos) :'D.

I thought about translating my team over to pokemon X version with some modifications to their move sets (since gen 1's move pool was abysmal and there was no steel or dark type - trust me I'm so used to it, the amount of times I've been hitting magnemites with fire moves or panicking because my exeggutor got hit with "bite") but I totally forgot about abilities so they're probably not the best team.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

ugh, have to transfer my pokemon over to white to transfer them to Y, so much work :/ , should i transfer my legenderies as well, like the birds and dogs trio?

Are you trying to complete your pokedex? (If so then yes)

If you have multiple sets (from multiple playthroughs) then just bring one set over.

If you want to transfer both sets, then do so. Although you'd only need one set for the dex.

I'm going to start hunting for a shiny in this dragon-type safari with Fraxure, Druddigon and Noibat. I like their shiny forms, and may as well try and find one.

ok :3, also i can't tell if i got them hacked from my friend a couple of years ago.

also the saving time in pokemon X & Y are freakin fast

Edit i am going to transfer these pokemon to Y: Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Jirachi (possibly hacked), shiny dusknoir (also possibly hacked), Alakazam, Gengar, Latias, Latios, Rotom, Ditto (for breeding so i can trade starters), and Snorlax

Edited by zorua9

Note that hacked Pokemon can't be transferred, because Pokebank scans them when you start it up.

I can testify to that being false. I Pokegenned a hacked Ditto that made it through Bank. Legal and legit Pokémon make it through--illegals don't. Shiny Jirachi also does not, apparently.

Doesn't make sense when my -legitimately caught- Deoxys from firered didn't make it through Pokebank, then.

yay the pokemon who said they might be hacked turned out they didn't, i am still suspicious of the shiny dusknior though

Doesn't make sense when my -legitimately caught- Deoxys from firered didn't make it through Pokebank, then.

Have you tried deleting some of its moves? Some Legit Pokemon can't make it through Pokebank due to their moveset. tongue.gif

And Pokebank has a legality checker. Not a legitimacy checker. This is to make sure that all legit Pokemon can pass through Pokebank, though Nintendo/Gamefreak still didn't do a very good job with that as some legit Pokemon was considered hacked due to their movesets...

Shiny Wishmkr Jirachi can't pass Pokebank because apparently, Wishmkr Jirachi wasn't supposed to have been able to become shiny but Gamefreak screwed up and now they're basically denying that they did via Pokebank. This is really unfair to the players that spent weeks RNG'ing for a shiny Jirachi. sad.gif

Edited by ranger X92

It knows Psychic, Superpower, Taunt and Nightshade. I don't see how it cannot pass through Pokebank with those moves.

Probably because the event to allow it to be caught never happened, it was only distributed.

Congratulations! biggrin.gif That's awesome. Are you planning to evolve it?

I got a shiny Eevee via GTS in Black version (they wanted a Rapidash in exchange for it), but the poor thing was so badly hacked that the stat screen said it came from the year 2055... x3

Ahahaha look what happens when I don't check the dc forum for days. >_>;;;;;

I evolved him into Umbreon. I was wt'ing for a randomized team for a fun experiment with my brother, and after considering what he got (Charmander, Gastly, Kakuna, Pineco, Lapras, and I forget the last one) versus what I got (Ralts, Mawile, Sandshrew, Frillish, Eevee, Florges), I wound up going with Umbreon so I could have something to keep his Gengar off of my fairies. :x

I probably built this team all wrong but that's okay. He's stuck with a Beedrill and I have a Gardevoir and a 4IV Mega Mawile on my side.

Yep... it's been solidified... my Lanturn is a Legendary Killer much of the time.

Yanmega's next up for that title.

Silly people... and Sygil is tied with Yanmega for it- especially when the constant Dark Void is being run... Nobody learned until the very end. At least the opposing two learned that ganging up on me gets you knocked out faster smile.gif *chuckles* that was interesting... too bad I ran out of space for saving the video :/