7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

New patch blocks Instacheck. I never got to use it, but planned to if there was ever a Mac release :/

I think it would be easier to get a shiny Trapinch in the wild. It's how I got mine anyway.

Really? I'm using the Masuda Method, I think it means there's a better chance than through random encounters? ^^

Anyway, I don't have the patience for REs either, but at least I can use the spoon-under-circle pad thing to hatch things while I'm busy. X3

Up to 150 eggs now. XD

I dunno I'm kind of pleased they're blocking external software like that.

I know some people used it to check trades to make sure they weren't getting scammed, but the amount of people using to get shinies or perfect IVs, I mean that's cheating isn't it? No better than using action replay.

It's like, yah it's time consuming to go through breeding and eggs, but at least you got the pokemon legitimately.

Anyone know when the pokebank comes out if you can use two 3DS' in the same pokebank? I plan on getting a XL sometimes and using both of them and wondered if both could use the same bank.

I dunno I'm kind of pleased they're blocking external software like that.

I know some people used it to check trades to make sure they weren't getting scammed, but the amount of people using to get shinies or perfect IVs, I mean that's cheating isn't it? No better than using action replay.

It's like, yah it's time consuming to go through breeding and eggs, but at least you got the pokemon legitimately.

Technically instachecked eggs are/were still legit, though. Knowing how it works, the same end result (competitive shinies) can be achieved by trading an egg across a string of people, each one hatching and then doing a reset without saving to pass the egg down the line until the egg does hatch shiny. Instacheck couldn't change any of the data, otherwise people would've just changed the SV to their own TSV and set the IVs to whatever they needed for perfection and Hidden Power. If it could cheat anything, they would've skipped the whole fuss with hunting down people who matched. All Instacheck did was shorten the process; you'd still have to breed a few boxes of eggs in order to get those high IVs in the first place, and then risk your trade partner deciding they didn't want to give you back the fruits of your labor. I've seen people with 50-60 eggs they needed checked, and when I looked at the resulting lists those people and their partners generated using Instacheck, most eggs still had several imperfect IVs. And all that aside I still see cloning threads, so the actual cheating is still going on. We're just going to see a lot of clones of existing competitive shinies.

Since the egg prediction trick still works, I can still game the game for high IV eggs. But even if I got my hands on a foreign 6IV Eevee, I'd still be disinclined to hatch another 1000+ eggs in search of a competitive shiny Vaporeon or whatever even if I wanted one.

Edited by Lythiaren

Anyone know when the pokebank comes out if you can use two 3DS' in the same pokebank? I plan on getting a XL sometimes and using both of them and wondered if both could use the same bank.

Nope :C

Pokebank will be linked to your NintendoNetwork ID (which is now required to do eshop purchases, free trial or not) which can only be linked to one 3DS at a time.

(You can do a system transfer to get the ID onto a new system, but you can't use it for two systems)

Nope :C

Pokebank will be linked to your NintendoNetwork ID (which is now required to do eshop purchases, free trial or not) which can only be linked to one 3DS at a time.

(You can do a system transfer to get the ID onto a new system, but you can't use it for two systems)

I didn't even want to join that in the first place! Grrr. >_< Oh well. Now idk what I'm gonna do. I don't want to System Transfer anything cuz I want my downloaded games and all that to still be on the old one so can't really do anything until I get the XL. ;-;

Pokebank goes live the 25th in Europe and the 27th in America. Each 3ds will be linked to a seprate account, but multiple copies of X and Y can be used with one account.

EDIT : ninja.gif 'd

On the same topic, will anyone be wanting a Snivy when Pokebank goes up? I have 12 that I'm willing to give away.

Edited by sailing101

Pokebank goes live the 25th in Europe and the 27th in America. Each 3ds will be linked to a seprate account, but multiple copies of X and Y can be used with one account.

EDIT : ninja.gif 'd

On the same topic, will anyone be wanting a Snivy when Pokebank goes up? I have 12 that I'm willing to give away.

I figured as much cuz I'm gonna beat Y transfer all pokemon to the bank and then reset it and put all the Mega Stones onto X. Then I can just move the old ones from Y back onto it or keep'em in the bank.

Woop, Pokebank!!

I have a whole starter farm in my W2, I have a bunch in my boxes and I can breed any of them for anyone! Just ask uvu

I'm currently trying to complete the dex for the oval charm. And then I'll do way more shiny breeding muahahaha.

Anyone want to swap Vivillon patterns? I have ocean patterns here. My friend code's in my sig. :3

Do you need Modern pattern? That's what I got.

I realized I'm excited for Pokebank but I literally have nothing to do once I get everything transferred other than finishing the nationaldex (if I need to breed/evolve anything).

Already completed the Kalosdex and got my team to 100.

I hope Z version (or whatever it will be) will have a little more post-game content.

Love this generation otherwise, but after the E4 it's kind of an abrupt end.

Do you need Modern pattern? That's what I got.

Yes I do. I don't have any other patterns yet. |D

Ok added you

Le code - 3136-6872-9673

I might have to run to dinner in a bit but otherwise I'll be online for a while

I will take a snivy sailing.

Ali, I can get you polar pattern and marine pattern if you need them.

Ok. :D

Friend code?

Did you want two ocean Vivillon? I don't have much else to trade. I only just got to Route 10. >.>

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

I'd also like a Snivy but I didn't want to be the first person to say anything. >_>;;;;

I didn't even want to join that in the first place! Grrr. >_< Oh well. Now idk what I'm gonna do. I don't want to System Transfer anything cuz I want my downloaded games and all that to still be on the old one so can't really do anything until I get the XL. ;-;

So, what you do is trade all your old school pokemon from let's say White to the Bank, and bring them into X/Y. Then, you can restart White and get all of them over again.

*nods*

And that would be an "Easy" way to get all the Bird Trio, as well.

So, what you do is trade all your old school pokemon from let's say White to the Bank, and bring them into X/Y. Then, you can restart White and get all of them over again.

*nods*

And that would be an "Easy" way to get all the Bird Trio, as well.

Oh no it's not that really. -lol- I have the original 3DS atm and as I hate small screens I want to get the XL if possible so once I get it I am going to probably switch over to playing it mostly and wanted to use the Pokemon Bank on the 3DS and then use it on the 3DS XL so it would be easier to transfer stuff over but turns out it's tied to the Nintendo Network ID thing and I don't want that on my old 3DS because you have to transfer it over and I don't want all my downloaded stuff to go with it. So yeah that's why that upset me a bit. -lol-

Well, when I stop and think about it, the game isn't tied to your nintendo ID (unless you downloaded it)

You could probably just create another nintendo ID on your new 3DS and download pokebank through there.

On your old system just use the free trial and don't bother renewing. (Don't bother renewing on your new one unless you really want it).

The only downside is if you do ever decide to completely switch you couldn't transfer anything from your old 3DS to the new one.

Well, when I stop and think about it, the game isn't tied to your nintendo ID (unless you downloaded it)

You could probably just create another nintendo ID on your new 3DS and download pokebank through there.

On your old system just use the free trial and don't bother renewing. (Don't bother renewing on your new one unless you really want it).

The only downside is if you do ever decide to completely switch you couldn't transfer anything from your old 3DS to the new one.

I don't really want to. I like old games like Mario Land and all that and I think them on a small screen is best so it's not stretched or pixelated so I wanted to keep all downloaded stuff on my 3DS and then use the actual games on the XL.

I don't really want to. I like old games like Mario Land and all that and I think them on a small screen is best so it's not stretched or pixelated so I wanted to keep all downloaded stuff on my 3DS and then use the actual games on the XL.

Psst - if you hold select or start pressed while starting up the game, it won't be stretched or pixelated wink.gif