7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

It used to stay shiny or not shiny, not depending on the opponent but on the ditto. However, they changed that after generation 2, I think.

I just caught my second shiny today. .____.

A random-encounter Solosis. I actually almost missed it. I looked away from the screen for a second and missed the shiny sparkle thing (and my volume was off). I looked back a split second before I sent out my Pokemon, and thought to myself "why is it blue?". Exams really do something to my brain. |D

I still only have two badges. Pff, I'm taking my sweet time in this game.

there is a thread called Pokemon Games, Gens 1-4. You can access it from the sticky note in this part of the forum.

does anyone have any of the following vivillon? I'm only missing a few more

tundra, sandstorm, meadow, jungle, garden

I am looking to complete my collection of vivillon to.

i'm only missing the monsoon pattern, do you happen to have a spare???

i can trade you a sandstorm in return smile.gif

I don't have extra monsoon, but I will keep an eye out for you. I have an extra high plains, elegant, modern, ocean continental and I can get polar/icy snow/marine from friends if you need any of those or can use them for trading.

Edited by water_angel

Oooh! Pokemon thread! How did I miss this?

Currently have put 100+ hours into the game and I am currently breeding perfect IV pokemon for online battles; something I've never done before ^^

As for Vivillon, I have garden Vivillon and would love to trade for Sandstorm, Savanna or Ocean... they're the only ones I'm missing. x-x

Can't believe I managed to miss this thread! ohmy.gif

Let's see, I've invested 300+ hours into the game already, completed my vivillon collection and caught all the friend safari Pokemon that isn't available in Kalos.

Now, I'm just hunting for my shiny Skarmory in the friend safari but ended up getting a ton of shiny Excadrills and Magnetons instead... If anyone wants one of my spare shinies, just let me know. wink.gif

before I forget... my FC code is 1950-8901-3440 and my in-game name is Louise (Ashes in the safari). I have a flying type Safari with Doduo, Tranquill and Hawlucha.

I'll try to check back and see if people added me, but your best bet is to probably pm me xd.png

Just bought Y version today. I'll be getting my 2DS for Xmas, so I have to wait to start playing xd.png

I have decided on starting with Chesapin (probably spelled that wrong) and Charmander. Any advice for building my team/ going through the game?

Edited by Moonbeam22

Just bought Y version today. I'll be getting my 2DS for Xmas, so I have to wait to start playing xd.png

I have decided on starting with Chesapin (probably spelled that wrong) and Charmander. Any advice for building my team/ going through the game?

Get a fairy during your play through, like Sylveon. They're very useful in the main game.

Speeking of fairy types, and how they're super effective against Dragons, I've been thinking.

The three dragons from Kalos all have counters to this weekness. First, you have Dragalange (don't quote me on the spelling) who'se secondary poison typing gives it an edge against fairies. Then there's Noiverin, with enough speed and attack to sweep any type. However, most surprisingly, is

Goodra, a pure dragon type. Goodra is a special defensive tank, and most fairy type attacks are special. This gooball can take a super effective hit, and only loose 1/6 of it's health, and still follow up with a powerful attack of it's own!

It's funny how gamefreak will do these things, isn't it?

Haha, and to think I bought Y so my legendary wouldn't be a fairy type...

One of my goals was to avoid fairy types, because of their Godmode powers over dragons and the fact that older gen. pokemon are being changed into Fairy types. However, it would make sense to catch one due to the odds of a gymleader or the champion having dragon types (as always...).

The last time they added types there were type changes too. Plus that sort of thing happens in real life all the time so I'm not bothered by that. Being super-effective doesn't really equal Godmoding, either...

The Godmode part is just my opinion. I am fond of dragons outside of Pokemon, so I enjoyed their power in the pokemon world. I guess looking at a Rayquaza and having to say, "Oh, FAIRY could KO that," bothers me. I'll get used to it, but as of now I don't like it at all.

Tier wise though Rayquaza is still in a league above all the fairy Pokemon. Type isn't everything.

The Godmode part is just my opinion. I am fond of dragons outside of Pokemon, so I enjoyed their power in the pokemon world. I guess looking at a Rayquaza and having to say, "Oh, FAIRY could KO that," bothers me. I'll get used to it, but as of now I don't like it at all.

Wouldn't that just be the same as going 'I don't like Ice-types 'cause they can knock out Dragons?'. :P

I think it makes the typing a bit more balanced now but idk. XD Dragons now have 4 Types they resist (Fire/Water/Grass/Electric) and three they are weak to (Dragon/Ice/Fairy).

Its more the fact that the type is Fairy, rather than the fact that dragons have a weakness. Fairy vs Dragon. Fairy wins? Ugh, it doesn't make sense to me.

I'm close to playing one of these games, I have X version, I just need a 2DS to play it with and my borther won't let me play his

One thing no one here has looked at is fairy-type moves: 16 moves total, 10 used for status conditions, 6 used to cause damage. Only 3 have an attack of over 50: Play Rough, Moonblast, and Dazzling Gleam. And since dragon-types can learn poison and steel moves, that adds more of an advantage.

There is absolutely no reason to say fairy-types are super powerful. Give a dragon-type a poison or steel move along with good speed, and bam, that's good.

There is absolutely no reason to say fairy-types are super powerful. Give a dragon-type a poison or steel move along with good speed, and bam, that's good.

Poison Jab comes to mind. And it's a TM, to boot.

I hear gen 6 is slanted toward physical anyway, so the special-heavy fairy moves are pretty mediocre.

Compare to the last time they added types, way back when Magneton accidentally turned invincible.

Edited by Lythiaren

When it comes to fairy types vs dragon types I have to give it to klefki. I hear klefki referred to as 'the dragonslayer." Still can't beat one with my ev trained dragons.

One thing no one here has looked at is fairy-type moves: 16 moves total, 10 used for status conditions, 6 used to cause damage. Only 3 have an attack of over 50: Play Rough, Moonblast, and Dazzling Gleam. And since dragon-types can learn poison and steel moves, that adds more of an advantage.

And only one of those moves (play rough) is a physical move, meaning Goodra, with it's sp def tanking ability will just roll over Faries, other dragons, and even ice types with ought so much a care in the world (and that's not even touching on it's hidden ability: tanking special and lowering foe's speed? Woah mamma, that's a resiliant gooball!)

Edited by sailing101