7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Missed the zubat thing. The one day i'm nowhere near wi-fi. Figures.

I guess i can stop breeding luxury ball zubats now :U

I just caught 30 Ivysaurs. Not one had Chlorophyll. 30 Overgrows in a row, ughhh.

Why are you catching them instead of leading with a Trace Gardevoir to check the ability and running from all the Overgrows? I never caught a single Xatu that didn't have Magic Bounce but I sure as heck ran away from a ton.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Why are you catching them instead of leading with a Trace Gardevoir to check the ability and running from all the Overgrows? I never caught a single Xatu that didn't have Magic Bounce but I sure as heck ran away from a ton.

Because I don't currently have a trace Gardevoir. tongue.gif

Same reason I wasted a ton of ultra balls on FS Dittos; I had no Magikarp at the time to game the catch rate. >_>

Plus I'd rather use synchronize for natures. owo;

Obtain Tracevoir, use Synchronize in lead then switch to see if you have the right nature? :3

Obtain Tracevoir, use Synchronize in lead then switch to see if you have the right nature? :3

Clarification:

Synchronize boosts the chances of a wild Pokémon having the same nature as the leading Pokémon, and Trace copies the foes ability for one battle, so Leading with synchronize, then switching to trace is a good plan for finding the right nature and ability.

Edited by sailing101

So I did a wonder trade, I felt like being nice by giving out my Ampharos I had evolved to over wonder trade (minus the stone of course).

But I named it Amphabulous...

The best part, is in return I got a Dugtrio named Lazy Design

xd.png

I'm breeding Marill for IVs now

They all have Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, and Superpower if anybody needs one for anything :V

Clarification:

Synchronize boosts the chances of a wild Pokémon having the same nature as the leading Pokémon, and Trace copies the foes ability for one battle, so Leading with trace, then switching to synchronize is a good plan for finding the right nature and ability.

You have to lead with Synchronize.

What is the best way to train up a Larvitar? I asked this a while back because I have one that seems to have decent stats and may work for competitive battling but no clue what to do with it.

Stats:

Hp: 12

Attack: 6

Defense: 6

Sp. Attack: 5

Sp. Defense: 6

Speed: 5

Nature: Jolly

Characteristic: Proud of its power

Ability: Guts

Nature: Jolly

Characteristic: Proud of its power

Ability: Guts

It depends what you want to do with it, and what your other team pokemon are.

Jolly ups Speed and lower Special Attack, which isn't bad.

'Proud of its power' is describing its highest stat, which is attack. However, the actual value could be many different numbers, the highest being 30; or this stat could be mediocore, and all the others are lower. It's just saying Attack is highest, not that it's good.

It's probably going to serve you well in game, but will not cut it competetively.

It depends what you want to do with it, and what your other team pokemon are.

Jolly ups Speed and lower Special Attack, which isn't bad.

'Proud of its power' is describing its highest stat, which is attack. However, the actual value could be many different numbers, the highest being 30; or this stat could be mediocore, and all the others are lower. It's just saying Attack is highest, not that it's good.

It's probably going to serve you well in game, but will not cut it competetively.

My team as of right now is Delphox, Charizard, Pikachu, Honedge (who Larvitar will be replacing), Pidgeot, and Lucario.

My mom hid Y from me until report cards. I got good grades, but she doesn't know where she hid it xd.png Guess I'll start over again on my X version while I wait. It's always fun to play through the game with different teams.

Missed the zubat thing. The one day i'm nowhere near wi-fi. Figures.

I guess i can stop breeding luxury ball zubats now :U

Zubat thing?

I've beat the game like 80 or so times cause like every other pokemon game, it's to easy

The Elite 4 and champion in X were way too easy. I need a challenge.

Anyway, I just threw together a team plan quickly: Tentacruel, Charizard, Goodra, Florges, Bisharp, and Reuncilus. Let's see how well I do.

My team as of right now is Delphox, Charizard, Pikachu, Honedge (who Larvitar will be replacing), Pidgeot, and Lucario.

The world of competitive Pokemon battling is quite rich and diverse, and has many different facets. Way to much info for me to pack into a reasonable length. I highly recommend watching the videos I posted, as there is an intro into battling, a simplified explanation of IV breeding, and EV training.

Here is a good site to read over as well, it's best to take it in small chunks, though.

http://www.smogon.com/

The world of competitive Pokemon battling is quite rich and diverse, and has many different facets. Way to much info for me to pack into a reasonable length. I highly recommend watching the videos I posted, as there is an intro into battling, a simplified explanation of IV breeding, and EV training.

Here is a good site to read over as well, it's best to take it in small chunks, though.

http://www.smogon.com/

Alright thanks. Will watch them in a bit. I understand a bit but not enough to be able to build a team yet.

@Gamekatt101

Actually Charmander happens to be my favorite starter pokemon. xd.png

The game is easy until you try battling online (dependent on you you fight) or get into the higher level streaks of the battle maison.

Oh man eevees, I have like a million of them. Got my jolteon today and now have a full eeveelution set.

P.S. anyone have an articuno they would trade for my moltres?

Zubat thing?

Zubat thing.

They also had a Halloween one.

You know, I really like these fan organized events. Game freak certainly knew that many people would try to trade only useless Pokémon for something amazing, but they gave us wonder trade in spite of that. And what people have done with it instead is truly wonderful.

Edited by sailing101

I dunno if simulating the good old days of ZUBATS EVERYWHERE was wonderful, but it was hilarious. xd.png

(Ivysaur news: even with trace and both my DSes online... no luck. HELLO ABILITY CAPSULE :C )

Oh, before you use ability capsule.

It does not work for hidden abilities. It'll only switch between abilities you could find normally.

Like if you have a scizor that has Swarm, you could use the capsule to switch it to Technician.

But you couldn't use it to get scizor's hidden ability of Light Metal