Arctic

[OOC Thread] The World of Ash

Ahh. Yeah, this door handle is a lot more complex than that.

I did say that I grew up in an OLD house xd.png (though the more modern house I live in now still has that type of handle). But yes, it is interesting how even little things like doorhandles change from place to place.

I've had Alice repair it (makeshift) so it now works as she intended it to. I'm sure the others must think she's insane, spending five minutes on seemingly random lock-tinkering laugh.gif.

So, I just posted a character-specific occurrence in the in character thread. In the future, should I do this transparently in the thread, or do it via private message? I'm asking for y'alls preference - in other communities, I would go the private message route.

So, I just posted a character-specific occurrence in the in character thread.  In the future, should I do this transparently in the thread, or do it via private message?  I'm asking for y'alls preference - in other communities, I would go the private message route.

I'm usually all for sharing information ooc, but that does run the risk of colouring how people react.

For example in this instance, Alice drew her weapon. Her actions (tapping her ear, pointing to the door) should make it clear that she heard something, so (hopefully) the others will know she's not about to attack them, but still... The suspense is different if you know that she heard a beeping sound rather than a growl.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Aye. It is. This (the roleplay) is meant to be suspenseful at times, and I'd say it's rare that something happens that the entire group wouldn't notice, but I might keep it to private messages in the future.

On that note, I'm going to head to bed and wait for others to respond. G'night, all.

Edited by Arctic

The door talk was interesting to read ha. As for the character interaction, I don't mind either approach so long as we're allowed to post what you send us with our character's response? If we wish to.

I've a bit of homework I need to get settled. I'll post ASAP when it's done.

Hm. That would sort of defeat the purpose of it being a private event. The whole idea is to make others wonder what that particular character saw/heard/etc. Alice heard a beeping sound here, but she could have just as easily heard a snarl or somethin' similar. Still, this is a literate roleplay (to a fair extent) and it's sort of expected to mirror what's going on in your own post.

Heh. I'm conflicted. I'll handle it on a case-by-case basis. Just wanted everyone's opinion.

Edited by Arctic

Okay, I've got a post started but my head's been killing me for the past handful of hours and I need sleep for school and work tomorrow. I'll get my post finished and put up soon as I can before the end of this weekend (hopefully). I'm sorry about the delay, Arctic.

Yup, finally posted. Was able to accomplish what I wanted to. Most of my homework's done, just need some help with the finishing touches on one assignment and I need to read up a bit for another. |D

Now, I feel like my post got a little ramble-y in a couple of sections but that's me. My brain's a little muddled from programming code and Spanish. If something doesn't make sense or you wish for me to just dump it entirely and make something else, tell me.

Myself and one other have been interested in joining, but the PM has been unanswered for a few days now...

Is this RP dead? Or what? =/

Myself and one other have been interested in joining, but the PM has been unanswered for a few days now...

Is this RP dead? Or what? =/

Oh, man! I'm so sorry, I didn't notice! I'll get on that right now.

I'll work up a post over the next few days and put it up as soon as I can. Have a bit of a work load to get through tomorrow and in the beginning of the school week.

InsidiousMelon and EmeraldMay removed for inactivity - if you'd like your characters back, just send me a private message.

Arctic, Alice had already closed and 'locked'-ish the door when the music started, so we can't see the stairwell itself. Alice is standing with her back to the group so she wouldn't be able to see Jovah beckoning (she's not the type to take her eyes off a possible threat, which in this case is the door) but perhaps he can call to her softly. She did take a step away from the door in an earlier post - enough for it to swing open without hitting her if something comes up - so maybe that's enough for what Jovah wants to do already?

Somehow I missed that she had closed the door. I was still operating on the assumption the door was open, or cracked (for several posts now, in fact). Nothing would've been heard beyond it after she closed it except for the scraping of metal and the clatter. Also thought I saw that she had looked back at the group at some point.

Editing my post. I need to get more sleep. Heh.

Update; edited.

Edited by Arctic

New character; Helmuth, played by Maus. Give him a warm welcome. Another should follow soon.

Maus - you need a rundown of what's going on currently, shoot me a private message.

Hey! smile.gif I'm excited you can join us in our travels, Maus! Levi's going to have a field day lol. Jasmine might as well. x3

EDIT: Muff x.x I'll post this weekend. I don't know if Mistress planned on making another post after yours, Arctic, and I don't know when Maus plans to jump in.

EDIT 2: It started getting late when I typed up my post. It doesn't seem all the good to me -.- Just more inner focus on my bard's fear/reaction process stuff. Whatever it's called. |D No Levi this post, sorry.

Edited by Narvix

Computer's starting to give up on me; posting frequency might be a little lower, but I'll find time.

Sorry for lack of reply from me, too, guys... Things have been rough lately. Sigh. I'll try to post as soon as possible.

Bump - Narvix, Lim, any word on replies? Heh.

My computer completely died on me recently. Working on getting it back up.

I was just thinking about that, heh. I'm gonna post tomorrow since I'll be home all day unless my mom decides to drag my sister and I out.