Arctic

[OOC Thread] The World of Ash

Sure thing. You can take your time, I just wanted to make sure you hadn't disappeared.

Sorry, Arctic. Things have been hectic with college and whatnot. Will try to reply soon. ><

Total sidenote: I noticed a small discrepancy with the thread. The OOC thread reads [Accepting Apps], but the IC thread reads [CLOSED]. No biggie, but I wanted to point it out.

Murph. Okay, I managed to slip something in before needing to get ready for work.

I just want to know, exactly what path will they be taking and the estimated time of arrival to their ultimate destination? Which reminds me, how do they plan to be entering the city? Or is that to be revealed later? Mostly asking this so I know how to form Levi's post if/when he pulls out his map for keeping track of their movements.

Hey there, Arctic wanted me to let you know that he'll be out until Tuesday at the latest. The internet at his house is down.

I'm alive again.

@Whispers - thanks for the notice. Hard to keep track of everything sometmes.

@Narvix - It won't be long. I have something of a storyboard set up for how they can get in. Of course, they could go terribly, ridiculously off course if they wanted to, but I wrote it with the "path most likely traveled" ideal in mind. I'll describe where they are in the actual text posts to keep track. Right now, they're at Sweeney Ridge, which is near the border of the urban sprawl (Sweeney Ridge is an actual location - you can check Google Maps). They'll be at the city within a couple posts, most likely, since traveling doesn't need a great amount of detail.

Alright sounds good.

Also, I'm rather excited about having new people ^^ I get to read their style of writing.

”Not Pack.”  He inhaled, then slowly exhaled, speaking as he did.  “But until Goliath there points that away from me, an enemy.” He continued to stare at the large man.

Alice is now wondering where Jovah knows these people from, since he apparently knows the big guy by name xd.png.

Biblical name, of course. David & Goliath. It was a crack at his size (though Jovah is rather tall himself).

I know that smile.gif. I was referring to the fact that Alice can't read and has probably never heard of David and Goliath. Therefore, she is assuming that Jovah somehow knows the new arrival's name.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Yeap. Arctic's brain don't function too well early in the morning.

Welp. From her point of view it might look like Jovah's betrayed everyone. But then again, he is looking facefirst into a shotgun. Woo!

Edited by Arctic

Welp. From her point of view it might look like Jovah's betrayed everyone. But then again, he is looking facefirst into a shotgun. Woo!

I considered that, but the animosity between Jovah and Goliath doesn't support that theory. It's more likely that Goliath, his girlfriend and the people in the basement (it's too much of a coincidence that they're all here at once - they must be working together) are here to settle a score with Jovah. If that's the case, the rest of the group could choose to support him and get in the thick of things, or hand him over in exchange for free passage. <-- As Alice sees things.

.-. It's not a big response but, I wanted to get something written and put up. Jasmine's arguing with me about whether or not she should give her name, given the situation's a tad bit different from when they encountered Levi.

I hope everyone (who celebrates) has enjoyed their Thanksgiving yesterday! And, if you celebrate Hanukah, I hope you are enjoying the holiday as well! ^^

Short post, but there's not much for Alice to do right now other than wait for the conversation on the parking lot to end or hell to break loose.

Huh. For some reason, my email decided not to notify me of replies 'til now. Happy (late late late) Thanksgiving to you, too!

On another note, I can be a lot more active now. Finally got my computer working after months of messing with it just a couple days ago.

Any word on replies, Maus/Lyxii? Might have the group move on if nothing pops up within a week or two.

Looks like december is a busy month happy.gif. Bumping this in case anyone had intended to post, but simply forgot.

Happy Holidays!

Alright, so. It's been a while, and I haven't heard from Maus or Lyxii (not a private message nor anything). Is everyone, assuming you're still interested in the RP, alright with me shifting them out and getting things rolling again? I'll leave their character profiles there for a little while in case they return.

Edited by Arctic

Alrighty, will do and make a post soon. Sorry for the late response; I've stopped getting email notifications from topic replies for whatever reason. I appreciate the patience.

Yeeup - haven't forgotten. I was actually going to try to post tonight. My job requires 24/7 availability and we just switched to a new scheduling software, so instead of standard 9 to 5 I've been working anywhere in the range of 10am to 10pm. It's taking some time to get used to it. Heh.

Would anyone mind too terribly much if I rewrote the lore and set it up on Google Documents? Nothing major - dates remain the same, etc. New creatures, details and stuff like that, with maybe some extra historical events and some additional information on why San Francisco is so special. There's also a lot of ambiguity relating to technology, which is going to play a large role inside the city itself. The setting is continually changing in my mind, mostly in small ways, and most recently I've become fond of the idea of San Francisco being the only major city untouched by nuclear fire (on the American continent, at least). I've also got ideas regarding volcanic wastes in and around Wyoming, Montana and Idaho (which isn't exactly realistic, per se, but could be interesting) and Mexico blocking passage south due to intense, radiation-carrying winds and ruins. I'd love some feedback or ideas.

I don't mind the changes. The idea with San Francisco, I feel, could provide an interesting opportunity for subplots/events to develop. Blocked borders due to the carried radiation would fit the thread's setting and make for a good challenge should something tug our group in Mexico's direction (or anywhere else with closed borders).

Sorry, I'm not very much of an "idea well." However, I'm up to bouncing ideas back and forth with everyone else.