Arctic

[OOC Thread] The World of Ash

No worries, I completely understand. Glad you're back now, though, and hope things get better for you!

Heya! Insaneway, are you around? Everything alright?

If we don't hear anything in a few days, I suppose Narvix can go ahead and post?

Edited by Arctic

Whoops. Sorry I lied. Got caught up in things and lost track of the days.

I'll be making my post in a little bit. Currently on a break between classes.

I am currently swimming in deadlines and it'll be another week before I can type up a decent reply. Until then, just assume Alice is -disoriented- tagging along.

//casually bumps again

I know it's probably midterm season for those in college, so I wish you the best there. Just checking in to see how/where everyone is.

Figured I'd just bump this, since waiting for Insaneway sort of tapered off into not doing much, period. My fault!

It'd appear that she's not been active since October 7th. If everyone still has interest in this, I figure that I'll (unfortunately) cut her out of the fold and save her character for if she returns. Does that sound good?

I'm not sure - if someone doesn't post for a while, feel free to drop in and post. I'll ask her.

Thanks for showing interest! Heh. Hopefully things'll start moving pretty quick from here on in.

I'm running out of things to post while walking (ic) xd.png. So feel free to skip me this round. Or maybe we could have the group approach their destination?

Yup! I was actually going to make a post within the next couple days, no worries. Eet has not been forgotten. Life just caught up again.

I recently started college, so I've been focusing on that until I get used to it, but I've been having to collaborate with fellow students more recently due to one of my professors' prolonged absence (three classes in a row now).

Turns out, he's had a medical emergency and he won't be able to teach the rest of the semester, so we'll be getting a substitute for the remainder. I've been trying to get that all sorted out.

Oh that's a load of fun. [Note: Sarcasm]

If you need any tips on surviving college I can provide a few of my own experiences. smile.gif

I do hope your original professor heals up well enough. :c Medical emergencies are hardly ever happy experiences.

I have a busy term myself this time x3 One of my professors is just absolutely horrible and I can't learn a single thing. What's worse is that it's a required class I need to pass |D So, I'm going to have to start visiting the math tutoring center in order to fix that. Else wise, I've no chance at passing the exams or the class .-.

It's good to hear that you're still around. I do quite like this RP ^^

Still here, but don't have anything to post ic right now. Maybe we should skip part of the walk and go to the group nearing its destination? Just a suggestion.

That's what I'd planned to do. Environmental elaboration up 'til the city, then some key descriptors along the way, with the group only stopping when something interesting happens/a destination is reached.

Oh, man. Instructors who can't teach are bad enough on their own, but when they're math instructors, it's ten times worse. Math is the one thing you can't really fudge - there's almost always only one right answer, and only one way they want you to approach it. Best of luck with that.

All good with college. We got an interesting substitute who seems to actually understand he won't do any good trying to teach the old professor's curriculum, so he'll be tailoring his teaching to his own knowledge of the subject. I've seen substitutes in high school try to emulate the teacher, and it never worked.

In any case, finally some action! Feel free to describe things on the way. They likely passed more than just a few dogs, or a couple guys. The city isn't exactly alive, but it certainly isn't devoid. Just be careful not to throw the group into combat or some other tense situation that would have been better resolved through RP, I s'pose?

Remember that commercial/residential areas are more or less mixed at this point, and bottom-floor shops are nearby all along the group's route into the city. They've been looted about a hundred times over at this point, but as the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure. There are still trinkets to find that nobody thought of as "useful", especially so the closer you get to the wall. There are also scavengers who make entire livings by sifting for artifacts underneath the snow.

Edited by Arctic

Awesome. I'll be able to make a post soon. Should be done within this week.

Glad to hear your substitute is actually helpful. I've had the experience of subs not doing any work and just sitting at the teacher's desk while the class did what they wanted so long as they completed the worksheet (or were completing it).

|D I have no clue how to start off my post, no clue of what I want to contribute other than a reaction to the Rakers appearing.

Gonna be a few more days before I hopefully get something posted. .-.