Arctic

[OOC Thread] The World of Ash

Just a heads up: My laptop is away for repairs, so my replies might be spotty / non-existent until this weekend or Monday (when I'll be able to borrow a laptop).

That's totally fine, no worries. ^^

And, apologies, Narvix. I wasn't entirely sure how to make the color you used, and designating brown was the closest I could get. It's been quiiiiite a while since I was here, and I'm rusty on how they do colors that aren't on the provided list and the like.

Also decided to finally designate Red a text color -- surprisingly, it isn't red!! Haha.

Aha that's alright smile.gif I use saddle brown for Jasmine. You can also quote posts and you'll see the code used in said posts.

Poke poke!! Just getting back to school from break, figured I'd check in. Everyone still alive? ^^

Still here! Apologies for the delay. Will do my best to get to it this weekend or sooner. Replied!

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

There are two routes I can take.

1- I ignore logic and anatomy to make up whatever so Jovah's shoulder is relocated.

Or

2- I follow anatomy and logical procedures. This requires knowing what type of dislocation it is.

Anterior (forward) is the most common and occurs in situations like hitting the ground with an outstretched arm.

Posterior (backwards) is more often unnoticed. I didn't find an example but I think this occurs from situations like knocking a door in with your shoulder.

Lastly, inferior (downward) is much less common (about 1%) and usually includes other injuries to vascular, neurological, tendon, or ligament areas. (Again, I couldn't find an example but it's possible to get one from a car accident.)

Arctic, which would you prefer/like?

Your choice! I often like realism with a slight seasoning of hand-waving, as being tucked in a bed recovering from a belly wound for 4 weeks isn't quite as fun as just roleplaying the character having difficulties with their newfound injury, and perhaps having it progressively worsen (as an example).

I actually looked into that before posting that reply, and I came to the determination that it'd *probably* be an anterior dislocation.

Aha, fair enough point. I'll do a mixture then when I'm able to make a post. Hopefully sometime this week. The spring semester starts today and I'm actually just about to head out for class.

I'm going to be posting later tonight once I'm home from school. I need to finish up some homework and refresh my memory about anterior shoulder dislocations.

EDIT:

Alright, everyone is posted for! Let me know if anything's not okay or something else was intended.

Edited by Narvix

Not really, but feel free to reply iffen you like! At this point, it's more of a "in whatever order we feel like, as long as everyone gets to reply". We could go 1, 2, 3, 4, or we could go 1, 4, 2, 3.

Edited by Arctic

Ah, sorry! I know I need to post. I just keep getting distracted by things. I have a job interview to get ready for and go to but, once I'm back home, I'll see if I can't work something up.

I really apologize for the delay |D I've gone and posted finally. Wasn't sure of what direction people wanted to go in so I kind of just tossed an idea out there.