Arctic

[OOC Thread] The World of Ash

I'm glad I was of a little help in that department, Arctic smile.gif

Whispers, I could only really imagine if Alice ended up losing consciousness during the conversation, "Was I speaking that much?" Levi would catch her and then not really know what to do hah. Unconscious women, out of the blue, is not something he's actually experienced before x3. Certainly would be an interesting outcome.

I'm also accepting of others overhearing them but I figured permission wasn't exactly needed. However, I do give permission as well. smile.gif

It wasn't so much giving permission as indicating that, as far as I'm concerned, they could be overheard. Since we don't know how far apart everyone is, how loud the wind is, how low our voices are, etc smile.gif.

No fainting for Alice yet, but she is stumbling through the snow like a drunkard. I stopped there, since I figured people might notice before she gets to the bit where she keels over.

Whispers, feel free to correct me on anything pertaining to Alice. I don't fully know for sure if she's unconscious. If she's not, I can fix my post so Levi's not carrying her, merely keeping her steady until she finds her feet.

I couldn't exactly figure out how to make Gorf fit into the post smoothly .-. So, just imagine him keeping a watchful nose, ears, and eyes on the surroundings.

No that's fine - I indeed intended for Alice to go out cold.

On a sidenote: I realize that the length of my posts has been skirting the requirements for this RP. My internet time has been somewhat erratic and I'm left between posting multiple short posts, or saving it all up in a doc and risk not posting for an extended time. I've been opting for the former, since I don't want to stall the RP.

When should Alice wake up? I wanted to skip this round of posts and then get back in the round after?

I think that's a decision to mostly be made between you and Arctic. It would depend on how fast he wants things to move. My next post would be decided based on how quickly Alice is to be revived.

I could take a fast or slower route. Smothering her until she jolted awake would be the faster route but would put her into self-preservation mode. Then trickling a bit of water down her face or lightly smacking her cheek would be slower methods. The water, however, might not have much affect as it's already freezing and would make it difficult to be shocked by a splash of cold water.

Entirely up to you. It depends on how debilitating the headache is/was, I suppose. It's clear it has a very quick, unpredictable onset. What's left to decide is if it's something that lingers, or if it's a flash headache that dissipates pretty quickly.

I think the bullet, or the harm it did, is causing occasional shortcircuiting in Alice's brain. Or possibly its moving around in there and pressing against things it shouldn't. Either way, it will probably kill her in the end (unless something else kills her first of course, or she somehow finds a physician skilled enough to remove the bullet) though Alice doesn't realize it.

So the headaches and black-outs are a bit akin to an epileptic attack. They come on quickly and suddenly. I think the headaches are probably quite persistent, but the black-outs less so. I figured the actual unconsciousness would pass with a half hour (though it would get longee if Alice has several blackouts in short succession), but she'll be groggy and sluggish for some time after.

So, I am assuming that Alice is to wake quickly enough but not immediately? You had mentioned reviving her in the post round after this one, Whispers.

So, I am assuming that Alice is to wake quickly enough but not immediately? You had mentioned reviving her in the post round after this one, Whispers.

Basically, yes. That's also because we tend to cover quite a timespan (ic) per post. So I'm counting on half an hour at least if I skip this round.

Alright. Sounds good then. I'll get to posting after I've had some lunch if I've the time. Presently at school and I might not be home until later this afternoon/early evening.

I have to say that trickling water in someone's ear is one of the more innovative ways of waking someone that I've heard of smile.gif. It reminds me a little of

. I'm not sure it's gonna work though - I think waking from what is, essentially, a seizure simply takes its own time.

Haha I wasn't even thinking of that x3 I figured it wouldn't be such a shocking wake up call, merely taking up time as needed.

And, yes, .-. I completely forgot about the dart |D Levi will check for that in my next post. I figure he can cover it up with something along the lines of "having her up will help see if there are any other symptoms."

And, yes,  .-. I completely forgot about the dart |D Levi will check for that in my next post.

Since she is fully (and thickly) clothed and there aren't many places a dart could have gotten through, I take it Levi would also check her head? If so, he would easily find the scar from where the bullet entered her skull. It's under her hair on the right side of her head. There is no exit wound on the left side (obviously).

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

That does make sense....

I'll be able to post again soon. Sometime tomorrow or Tuesday if I can find the opportunity around homework.

I'm sorry, I lied .-.

I'm trying to finish up some homework that's due tomorrow |D I'll be posting as soon as I can.

Welcome to the RP, CaptainInsaneway!

Also - Jovah is currently on watch looking towards the city, where they're going. Red, I believe, is looking the other way, so she would likely be the one to spot Mary-Martha.

Edited by Arctic

Welcome, CaptainInsaneway!

Is your name a play on my favourite Star Trek captain, by any chance?

Yo! Thanks for the welcome ~ Shall I just hang back until Red's mun decides it's time to spot me?

And yeah, that's where my username comes from! Janeway's my favourite captain too.

Lovely ^^ new member! I just want to chuckle about the rising of red-heads. But now Jasmine isn't the shortest around! She's five-four and Mary-Martha sounds about the same height.

Welcome, welcome!! Nice to have a new person. ^^

And sorry for inactivity, I had my worst final of the bunch today. Will work on getting my reply in pretty quick.

Thanks for the welcomes, guys!

Yeah, I actually didn't even intend to make her a redhead, she just sort of turned out that way. But now there's a lil gang of redheads. Birds of a feather, I guess!

On height, Mary-Martha is quite short, she's just barely five foot one.

|D She's taller than me.... I'm 5', if that .-.

Anyways, I'm thinking about having Jasmine spot her but I don't want to rob Limitless of the chance or ninja her post. So, I'll sit and wait cause the other two might also have responses to my last post and Whisper's recent one.

I'm kind of excited about having a strictly religious character to interact with. Generally, the concept of religion doesn't enter any of my posts because I don't follow a religion. I know the Bible and such, having attended church, youth groups, and several studies but I just... Couldn't find the faith? I don't really know; it just never fit right or clicked for me and I stopped pursuing while my parents continued and became Witnesses. So, as such, only a few of my characters actually have a non-religious stance. However, the majority, I haven't thought of a religious stance for them. I avoid writing out any religion in my posts because I just don't consider myself to be knowledgeable enough to say "hey, I'll have a character who is of x or y religion." Granted, I can easily grab a bible off of the living room bookshelf but that doesn't give me personal knowledge about how church ceremonies like communion or something are executed.

So, in short |D, it's gonna be interesting to see how my characters truly react to a nun. I know Jasmine won't mind the woman so long as Mary-Martha doesn't try shoving the bible down her throat. Levi, however, might show more interest and curiosity. He's open to a bunch of stuff and always hungry for knowledge, no matter what it might be.

Now, Jasmine would certainly love to hear a story. I've been slightly curious about Jasmine's specific way of thinking. Generally, she has a grasp of what is around her, an understanding of the fact that there are these serious dangers but, I think, she has a slight fault in wrapping things up into stories. At least, that's how I'm figuring out her thought process to be. It's likely a cooping mechanism, a method (though unwise) for her to keep just a bit optimistic when everyone around her is depressed or show only gloom.

For her to hear a story Mary-Martha decides to share (depending on the experiences in it) would feed her story-based grasp I think. And it's kind of different that Jasmine is turning out to be far more divergent from her original design than I had intended for character development. I mean, I love stories; she's meant to incorporate some elements of my own being/personality. However, it's strange to realize that she's become something else entirely. In a lot of cases, I'm experiencing a sort of coin-flipping sensation where I'm wrestling between two options/paths for her to take where both seem like something she'd do yet also something she wouldn't.

Thinking further on it now, I think Jasmine would actually be very critical about Mary-Martha's stance in religion. Maybe even to the point of frustration/anger/irritation? Well, at the least, if Mary-Martha should get into a heated discussion about religion with the bard. Though she might not be a Bible-thumper as you detail, Jasmine might still find distaste or discomfort in possibly being prayed for. But she wouldn't mind listening to the stories because she'll see them as just that; stories, based on fiction and/or with little-to-no historical standing.

As I'm tired, my brain is in ramble mode while still comprehending serious thought. So, everyone's free to basically tune out much of what I've written. |D