TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Well, I've been collecting recipes all night (there are so many!)

I think it's time to take a long nap right now. xd.png

Happy cooking/hunting everyone!

Question:

Do we have to get the star recipes to make them? Because I've been trying to cook star recipes from the google docs list and it's not working. So I assume for star ones, we have to get them first?

@Shajana: 17 ingredients to collect, not sure how many recipes though

Ah thank you for that!

I found a recipe but I need Marshmallows (and I dont know how to create them ) sad.gif

Try water, sugar and herbs prepared via oven. smile.gif

Any of you guys in the Recipe document last night (like, 4 hrs ago since it wasn't night for all of you~)...This morning I ate some super-cereal like I said, and I think I'll be fine~ wink.gif

Anyways! This cooking game is fun, but super frustrading too, haha. I've had fun with it though~

I juust got put of surgery yesterday and with the meds I'm on the text from the image is making my eyes hurt. can anyone pleasse explan it to me?

Text from the image:

2012 Holiday Event

Kick off the holiday by trying to grab some past holiday dragons. The rules are the same as last year: Dragons can breed from midnight on December 19 until midnight on December 26 - A ful seven days. Holiday pairings may produce up to four eggs, but you'r still limited to two per person. Get into the holiday spirit by sharing with others.

If you haven't caught previous year's event dragons, make sure to check for abandoned eggs; there will be plenty to go around.

This year,it's time to get cooking! Gather the ingredients and recipes that are scattered around the site, then see what you can make.

Recipes with a red star in he corner give you entries into a site-wide raffle. To qualify, you have to gather the racipe and make the dish.

Winners of the raffle will receive an all-new, never-before-released prize dragon.

The event will be available for two weeks, from midnight December 19 to midnight January 2.

On December 25 at midnight, everyone who has baked at least one gingerbread house will also unlock a minigame. Decorate your gingerbread house and show it off to your frineds!

Finally, a new event dragon will drop for a full three days, starting at midnight on December 25, and ending midnight ecember 28.

This will be the only time these eggs drop in the cave, so get them while you can.

Hope this helps smile.gif

This cooking game is addicting biggrin.gif Does anyone know how to make a gingerbread house?

Also, are the dragons going to dress up this year?

Sadly, this does not always work. wink.gif

I definitely do not make dough like that, and you would think that Cocoa Beans + Sugar (or something like) makes chocolate if the recipe for dough has been simplified so much, but it doesn't.

For Plain Dough, use the

Blank Preparation Recipe

+ Flour and Eggs

Not the oven one. smile.gif

Red Star Recipes can't be made until you get the card, even if you get the right combination.

And so on. Soon you'll have lots of basic ingredients, basic recipes and will start getting the red star ones. smile.gif

Thank you for your answers! ^-^

Edited by LaHaine

YES! I just caught a second gen holly! biggrin.gif My first holly! Yay!

Edited by DarkFire1

I found a recipe but I need Marshmallows (and I dont know how to create them ) sad.gif

Water, sugar and herbs.

Don't know if others are experiencing this, but the only browser that I'm able to "cook" in is Firefox... the event doesn't seem to work in either IE8, Chrome, or on my Droid 2.3.5.

YES! I just caught a second gen holly! biggrin.gif My first holly! Yay!

Congratulations! You're quite a lucky fellow~

Question: How do you make gingerbread house? And if one unlocks the minigame, does that mean one can have access to it for only this holiday season or for ever already? Thanks!

Edited by georgexu94

Water, sugar and herbs.

I've tried water sugar and herbs in every combo in both the oven and the stovetop and only get a mess. What's up with that?

Question: How do you make gingerbread house? And if one unlocks the minigame, does that mean one can have access to it for only this holiday season or for ever already? Thanks!

Gingerbread = Spice + Sweet Dough via Oven.

Sweet Dough = Eggs + Sugar + Plain Dough via Preparation.

Hope this helps. smile.gif

You need to get the red star card first but it's Hard Candy + Gingerbread + Gumdrops I believe

Edited by LaHaine

How many basic ingredients are there? And how often do they drop?

17, pretty often if you are refreshing the AP non-stop for Hollies like most people xd.png