aangs-sister

Christmas /12 Planning, Speculation and Discussion

Dang it I was convinced it would start today... :/ This is so badly timed for me. I've had a lonely awful boring month, and the events will start just when I go home, see my family at last and have to revise for my exams.

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they? All of my current dragons are caveborn

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP?

Gifting then dumping unneeded

What do you think this year’s event will be?

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

Which is your favorite Xmas breed?

What are you favorite Christmas pairings?

Winter Magi X

Ribbon Dancer X

Snowangel X

Yulebucks X

Holly X

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year? unfortunatly hard I've been trying every year still no holly

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

I really want an even gen Holly

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Winter Magis: Not sure yet; Possibly CB Winter Magi x CB Golden Wyvern & CB Winter Magi x CB Cavern Lurker

Ribbon Dancers: CB Ribbon Dancer x CB Vine

Snowangels: Not sure yet; probably CB Snow Angel (Tri Color) x CB White

Yulebucks: CB Yulebuck x CB Silver (requested) & CB Yulebuck x CB Pebble (requested)

Hollies:

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that, but please do not post actual trade or gifting links.)

I've had requests for 2nd gens from both Yulebucks and 1 of my Winter magi's. Unless I get a request for the others I'll be dropping them to the AP.

If you want a 2nd Gen Winter Magi, Snow Angel or Ribbon Dancer I'll happily gift/trade one to you. I have 1 Snow Angel and 1 Winter Magi available and 2 Ribbon Dancers.

Holly

Winter Magi X

Ribbon Dancer X Vine

Snowangel X White

Yulebucks X White

Holly X White

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year?

Easier than previous years but still quite difficult

Like a lot of people, I'd still like to snag myself a Holly. I also wouldn't mind one other Yulebuck (because I can't provide a suitable partner for one of the 2nd gen Yulebucks that I have).

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with ? What lineages are they?

Winter Magis: 2 CB WinterMagis, will see if any requests .... if not, might go for ridgewing and lumina

Ribbon Dancers: a 2nd gen with a skywing and a 2nd gen with a purple nebula

Snowangels: I have 2 CB gold wing Snowangels so will see if I get any requests ... If not, I'm thinking of trying with a neotropical

Yulebucks: I'll be breeding a 2nd gen yulebuck with a red

Probably a combination of the three ... not sure yet.

My psychic abilities are pretty lousy smile.gif

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

A Candle dragon sounds lovely. Or maybe a Star Dragon

Which is your favorite Xmas breed? Probably a tie between Snow Angels and Ribbon Dancers

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year? Not too hard (I hope)

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[ X ] Hollies realy want and need 2 but wuld be happy if i got one of em, even if it is the messiest most inbreed lineage out there.

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Winter Magis:still looking for perfect match

Ribbon Dancers: if i manage to get cb winter before breeding time

Snowangels: will breed second gene one with cb alt ridgewing to advance lineage

Yulebucks: undecided as they dont have the best lineage

Hollies: Wish i had any

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that, but please do not post actual trade or gifting links.) will drop em all in AP if no one contacts me for an egg.

What do you think this year’s event will be? I`m hopeing for some christmas stories along with decorateing a christmass tree

Snowangels look the cutest

Winter Magi X

Ribbon Dancer X

Snowangel X

Yulebucks X

Holly X

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year? it will be easy as you can only get 2 eggs, so ppl wont stock cave for a long time.

Hmmm...we're exactly a week away from Christmas now...no tree decorating fun or project like that yet? Can't wait to get into the Christmas fun here! Thought the holidays would be breedable starting breeding their types today too... blink.gif

Ahh well, I'll keep checking and waiting...

Edited by Blazewing

Hmmm, based on lovely pairings I've seen on other people's scrolls, I believe I'll be breeding the following:

Yulebuck x white or red

Snow angel x gold or white

Ribbon dancer x gold wyvern

Winter magi x gold wyvern

And since my holly is x old pink, I bred a pink mate for him from heartseeker x old pink.

Hoping they all turn out as pretty as I think they will! laugh.gif

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies (just need one more)

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Winter Magis: Both are CB (obviously) and I haven't decided what to breed them with yet. Possibly Trios, but I don't know.

Ribbon Dancers: I have 2 2nd gen Ribbon Dancers, both will end up with checker children, the first one is Ribbon Dancer/Black, and the 2nd one is Ribbon Dancer/Sweetling. I have mates for both to make evengen checker children.

Snowangels: I have 2 2nd gen Snowangels, the first is Tan Ridgewing/Snowangel, whose offspring will be checker Tan/Snowangel. The 2nd is Gold/Snowangel whose offspring will also be checker as I was lucky enough to procure a 2nd gen Gold from a matching pairing.

Yulebucks: My CB Yulebuck I haven't decided on a mate for. I have a 2nd gen Yulebuck from Yulebuck/Shadow that I meant to create a mate for this past Halloween, but I wasn't around to do it, so I'll probably just make his offspring stairstep with Shadow Walkers for this year.

Hollies: The Holly I have is a little messy (though not inbred), and I generally breed her with a CB Autumn.

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that, but please do not post actual trade or gifting links.)

I may gift them. I generally don't bother trading much with them, but if the right request pops up I will consider it. Most likely I will hold off on breeding until I see someone in need and breed/gift an egg to them. My one exception is my Holly, I haven't decided what to do with her egg just yet.

Haven't a clue, but I can't wait for it to start!

Don't have a clue on the theme, but I'd like another Male gendered Christmas dragon personally, so I guess I'm hoping for that.

I like the design of the Snowangels the best. I wish I'd been paying attention to DC that year because I'd have loved to have a CB one (though, I do like my 2nd gens a lot now).

Winter Magi X ?

Ribbon Dancer X Black

Snowangel X Gold

Yulebucks X ?

Holly X ?

Harder than the other breeds, certainly, but I don't think it will be impossible by any means. I caught a Holly in the AP back in 2008 (the only confirmed AP Holly that year, I believe). And I managed to catch another one during the last Christmas breeding season, though I donated it to a friend who had yet to get a Holly, rather than keeping it since I already had one. I may try to hunt for my 2nd Holly to keep this year, we'll see.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies (any lineage)

Winter Magi x Red

2nd gen Ribbon Dancer x White

2nd gen White Snowangel x Sunstone

3rd gen Yulebuck Stair x Winter

Hollies: have none

all 4 are spoken for, spares will be dropped to the AP anyway ^^

a surprise? *lol*

Gingerbread or some kind of plushie

Yulebuck

Winter Magi X any Blue Dragon

Ribbon Dancer X Red

Snowangel X any Green Dragon

Yulebucks X Purple

Holly X any Blue Dragon

I like all pairings, especially in Checker Lineages (I collect 3rd gen common Checkers)

How difficult do you think the Holly hunt will be this year?

impossible to catch one ^^

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies (any lineage)

Considering trying to snag a 2nd Gen Yulebuck or 2nd Gen Snow Angel, because I have two with nice lineages, but I'd prefer 2nd Gens... undecided on that. Mostly I'll be Holly hunting!

Winter Magi... undecided. One to my CB Gold probably, not sure about the other

Ribbon Dancer: 3rd EG w/ Hellfire and 3rd EG w/ Sunset

Snow Angel: 3rd Checker Gen w/ Stripe (didn't finish my mate for the other in time! Argh!)

Yulebuck: 3rd EG w/ Vine and 4th EG w/ mixed checker

No plans, I might try to find some trades, but I don't think I have anything super desirable lineage-wise (except maybe the Magis). Otherwise they're probably heading to the AP or gifting threads smile.gif

I don't know but I can't wait! I really want to win a Tinsel this year, or even an HM prize xd.png

Hmm, not sure! Gingerbread would definitely be cool. Or a pine tree dragon.

Ribbon Dancer

Winter Magi X Gold

Ribbon Dancer X Hellfire

Snowangel X Gold

Yulebucks X Red

Holly X White

How difficult do you think the Holly hunt will be this year?

Hopefully not toooo terrible. I know of people who were able to catch them last year, so I'm hoping to have a shot at one!

Edited by PolarVortex

I guess TJ will be posting an announcement in the news forum pretty soon? I remember one previous year the even began on the 19th.

I guess TJ will be posting an announcement in the news forum pretty soon? I remember one previous year the even began on the 19th.

I hope so... I'm getting quite nervous and excited about it. There are many things I want to do xd.pngD

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage? (no particular lineage)

[X] Winter Magis (1)

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[X] Snowangels (2)

[X ] Yulebucks (1)

[ ] Hollies - nah, my gift of one will be enough ^^

All of the others are going to be accounted for by generous DC holiday angels or through a previous trade, but I think I will be hunting for the above since I think a couple of other angels have their wings tied with offline stuff - which is more than understandable and that's alright, the thrill is in the chase, right? biggrin.gif

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)?

N/A But next year

What lineages are they?

N/A

More decorating will be fun, or sending cards. I'll take anything at this point. :]

Egg nog type dragon? we have candy cane and ribbon, angels, magic, and good cheer. Maybe wrapping paper? Could be that too.

Toss up between snow angels and Magi

Winter Magi X GW

Ribbon Dancer X Ooo anything really, they're so versatile

Snowangel X White or GW

Yulebucks X white, red, Terrae

Holly X Red, or anythings

Difficult - my internet is not the best grey mare in the stable, but I am very much thankful for the amazing gift of the one I will be receiving. I even have the name picked out for it. ^^

Last year, TJ posted this on the 14th of december and as I remember, the event started the same day. That's actually the reason why I'm waiting since last week xd.png I really hope breeding will start tomorrow, as that was the date it started last year... But in 2010, it started at the 21st of december, so... everything is possible.

Since it's getting so close I'm afraid of getting egglocked, but I see so many pretties that I want sad.gif Christmas season will start and I will be at my limit xd.png

I'm freeeeeee!

I have all of the existing holidays, so I expect to have a leisurely Christmas this year. One of my Hollies is spoken for and the other is likely going to end up being gifted. I'll probably breed my other Christmas dragons with whatever someone happens to request of me.

I'm torn as to my favorite Christmas dragon... probably the Ribbon Dancers or the Snowangels.

And I'm betting the Holly hunt won't be too bad. It was better last year than the year before. There will still be disappointed players, but the ones who put the time in hunting the AP will get a Holly. Whether it's the lineage they want or not... that may be more difficult.

I have every dragon except a holly. I will breed anything for a couple of holly eggs.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? Just with whatever's laying around on my scroll

What lineages are they?

They don't really have lineages...

I have all the others besides holly so I'm just going to breed the and give the eggs away.

Maybe a really long scarf.

Or a christmas star.

Oh that's hard... Probably hollies since they're on my mind so much because I'm missing them.

Probably pretty hard. I've never gotten one before despite being here for years, so I'm just gonna have to wait until I get lucky or they become more common.

[x] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies (although will not be outright hunting for these)

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? I, alas, have none.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP? Again, have none

As it's already been posted I suppose it would be cheap of me to say anything happy.gif

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? Im thinking perhaps gingerbread...? Or something to do with a tree.

Yulebucks, I adore them!

Winter Magi X White

Ribbon Dancer X Stripe (white, red or green - or patterned - oooh!)

Snowangel X Gold

Yulebucks X White or Red stripe

Holly X Hmmm... unsure

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year? Impossible !

I would really really like to get 2 2nd-gen Snow Angel X Gold to breed later with the two 2nd-gen Golds from Snows I traded for this year. (To that end, after I breed my Snow Angels, I will have to release them to make room.) That is really my biggest Christmas wish.

After that:

2nd-gen Yulebuck from Silver

and

3rd-gen Yulebuck/White Checker mate for her

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[X] Snowangels (2nd-gen SnowAngel from Gold)

[X] Yulebucks (3rd-gen from White Checker and a 2nd-gen from Silver)

[X] Hollies (I don't have one, but it isn't really a priority)

I would breed them with anything someone wanted, especially if someone wanted something unusual that they thought would be difficult to find in the AP. Otherwise, if I get no requests it would be:

Winter Magis: Gold or Red

Ribbon Dancers: Gold or White

Snowangels: 2nd- White/SnowAngel to make 3rd-gen checker

Yulebucks: Don't know yet

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP? I am open to taking requests for trading or gifting, otherwise I will breed late and drop them into the AP (unless I need to make room for the 4 I need).

Think? No clue.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? Think? No clue. Want? Jack Frost Dragon (but better for next year when it is time for a male) or an Evergreen Dragon with Ornaments.

Yulebuck because it is so unique, Snow Angel for beauty.

Winter Magi X Gold or Red

Ribbon Dancer X Gold, Red, or White

Snowangel X Gold, White, or Black

Yulebucks X Silver or White

Holly X White or Black (for the drama of it)

(sorry, I am not creative)

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year? I'm not holding out hope. I've never caught one and I don't really expect an improvement in my reaction speed, LOL. But it's ok. I'm ok not having one.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

I need one more Holly, but I already know I'm getting one, and with an awesome lineage =D

Winter Magis: I don't know... I guess I'll take requests, if anyone has them, or I'll just breed them to random CB dragons

Ribbon Dancers: ^

Snowangels: Same as before, except I have a request for one of them. The other I'll probably breed to a CB nebula, because I love how they look together

Yulebucks: siblings to this and this

Hollies: I have yet to decide... Probably with a PB ember or white.

I have promised my Holly and one Snowangel's offspring; the rest is available for requests. If I don't get any, I'll punt the eggs, as usual.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? Ah, no idea. I'm going to love anything we get!

Which is your favorite Xmas breed? Snowangel <3

Snowangel X Nebula

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year? Only time will tell u.u I won't be hunting for Hollies this year, though.

[X] Hollies - Any lineage I can get, at this rate I am not picky D:

Winter Magis: Tri-Horn? Lineage

Ribbon Dancers: Alt Nebula Lineage

Snowangels: Sunsong Lineage

Yulebucks: Mint Lineage

Most of them have been bred before.

The only one that will be a first time is the winter magi

Probably dumping, I have my limit for every breed except hollies

Hmmm maybe a tree related one, I think we could use a really nice green holiday dragon

Yulebuck

Harder then last year

I've been trying for four years, I joined the january after their release .__.

Posting another PMed question in case anyone else has the same question.

Do we find the recipes on the scrolls or the forum?

On the main site. Holiday events are not linked to the forums.

I also edited the questionnaire, removing the part about guessing this years event as it has been announced.