aangs-sister

Christmas /12 Planning, Speculation and Discussion

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[ ] Hollies

(releasing ones that aren't CB in hopes of finding better lineages)

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Winter Magis: CB Gold or Silver

Ribbon Dancers: CB Red or Frill

Snowangels:

Yulebucks: CB White

Hollies:

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP?

Gifting my IOUs and dropping the rest to the AP, unless I decide to gift to more people by then.

What do you think this year’s event will be?

Not sure.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I have no idea, but I'm excited to find out. c:

Which is your favorite Xmas breed?

Holly and Snow Angel

What are you favorite Christmas pairings?

Winter Magi X Silver, Gold, Golden Wyvern

Ribbon Dancer X Red, Frill

Snowangel X White, Silver, Gold

Yulebucks X White, Red, Silver

Holly X Red, White, Gold

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year?

I'm not sure, I've never even spotted a Holly on the AP. But I don't need to worry about it since I'm finally getting my first this year. c:

Basically if anyone asks me for a Christmas Dragon bred I can do 2nd Gens backwards until the Yulebucks (as they were my first Christmas Dragons that were caught on the AP therefore anything out of them is third gen). I don't know if I'll list them on gifting threads or just drop them to the AP but they'll be out there one way or another. Also, since I have the week of Christmas off of work I'll be drinking eggnog and waiting for the new babies at midnight on Christmas Eve. For my sister-in-law and myself being such hard core DC adicts it's our biggest night of the year. biggrin.gif

And I love some of the ideas people are giving for possible activities. I can't wait to see what it actually is. Whoever mentioned the advent calendar is a genius! I so hope it's something like that now. But surely something like that would have to start on the 1st. Maybe next year? biggrin.gif

I know I mentioned the Advent calendar thingie, but I think that ship has sailed laugh.gif Unless they combine it with The Twelve Days of Christmas, nah, I think that shipped has sailed too, lol. Would have been neat to open each "flap" to see a leetle representing 5 golden rings, 3 French hens etc...

Edited by CDM

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

I was lucky enough to catch one Holly on the AP last year, so all I need this year is one more. My ideal Holly would be a 3rd gen checker, but pretty much any nice even-gen would do. I have all the other Christmas dragons.

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

All my Christmas dragons are CBs, except for the Yulebucks (2nd gens) and Holly.

Winter Magis: Turpentine or Red Nebula

Ribbon Dancers: Vine or Sunstone

Snowangels: White or Gold

Yulebucks: 3rd gen yulebuck x stripe checker and 3rd gen yulebuck x stone checker

Hollies: Probably breed him with a CB Gold.

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that, but please do not post actual trade or gifting links.)

I'm hoping to trade my Holly offspring, but if I don't get offered what I want, I'll AP it. The rest I'll either drop to the AP or gift via the Even Gen Trading and Gifting thread.

I don't know! I'm happy to be surprised.

I hope it's a little better than last year. Last year was the first year I actually saw multiple Hollies in the AP, although they were still not easy to catch! In previous years, I was lucky to even see one. So they're definitely more numerous, but still very elusive.

I know I mentioned the Advent calendar thingie, but I think that ship has sailed laugh.gif Unless they combine it with The Twelve Days of Christmas, nah, I think that shipped has sailed too, lol. Would have been neat to open each "flap" to see a leetle representing 5 golden rings, 3 French hens etc...

I think the 12 days of Christmas start after Christmas (or on Christmas) so it's still possible.

I think the 12 days of Christmas start after Christmas (or on Christmas) so it's still possible.

Ah, you're right! Starts on Christmas Day or, in some cultures, the day after (Boxing Day.) Don't think we'll get it then *snaps fingers as an aw-shucks*

I really like the Gingerbread house idea too, or decorating your home, or maybe even wrapping "presents" to send to other users.

Wehee this will be my first Christmas here smile.gif

[x] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks <3

[x] Hollies

*any lineage is fine*

I wish I could

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

no clue biggrin.gif

Yulebucks ( but I also like the other dragons )

Yulebucks X Green Stripe

I don't know *sigh*

Need all of them. It's my first Christmas in DC. tongue.gif

No plans as I have none; I leave this for next year. wink.gif

Not sure. Something related to peace perhaps?

Wintermagi

I saw several beautiful pairings but I don't have a favourite yet. Although... White and Holly looks really good. wink.gif

From what I read I think it may be as hard as last year. I wait and see.

this all sounds very exciting, its my first christmas on DC... so reading and trying to learn whats going on smile.gif

I would love the wrapping presents for gifting eggs or hatchies to other users, that's an amazing idea.

Also, I hope next year we have an advent calendar type event, that would be awesome. It really makes the anticipation more fun for me. Right now I'm just not feeling the Christmas spirit and by the time DC does an event I will have gone home and I will be really busy.

When do you think the Christmas event will begin, anyway? I keep checking back regularly hoping.

Well, events usually last a week, so we will probably get an announcement in three days.

My plans are:

Replacing my Yulebucks with 2nd gens. I've already arranged trades for Yulebuck X Red Nebula and Yulebuck X Tan Ridgewing.

Replacing one of my Ribbons for a non holiday pairing.

Breeding my Christmas Magis for IOUs.

Breeding siblings of this and this for the AP. I'll also breed 3rd gen Shadow Walker X Snow angel checker for the AP. If anyone needs or wants these dragons just PM me biggrin.gif

Holly hunt! School is practically over for me, so I should have lots of time on my hands. Since one persons owns me a 2nd gen Holly IOU which will be fulfilled next year, I'll trade/gift any hollies (if) I catch this year.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[ ] Hollies

I have only the new release to catch. Last year I was gifted my very first holly and later caught one in the AP

Winter Magis: 2 Cb winter magis unless asked for specific, will breed to a common http://dragcave.net/lineage/lL3lR and http://dragcave.net/lineage/K3q4b

Ribbon Dancers: I have this CB ribbon dancer http://dragcave.net/lineage/V7YQ if noone asks for specific lineage will probably be bred to a Cb BBW

also can make a 3rd gen checkered ribbon dancer x BBW lineage will look like this

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n think one of my kids wanted it tongue.gif

Snowangels: I have these 2 CB snowangels, unless someone asks for a specific lineage I will simply breed to something common http://dragcave.net/lineage/iWkD and http://dragcave.net/lineaeg/kGEA

Yulebucks: I can make a 3rd gen yule from http://dragcave.net/lineage/QRSR, unless someone asks for the offspring(and picks different lineage), it will be bred to a CB Neo

also can make another 3rd gen yule from http://dragcave.net/lineage/iThF and unless someone asks for the offspring(and picks different lineage), it will be bred to a CB Guardian

Hollies: this 6th even gen will be gifted *already have person in mind* http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n it was my very first holly and a gift to me, so all offspring will forever be a gift to continue the love

this 6th gen stairstep offspring has been traded away for 50 hatchies http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP? I plan on gifting them in the holiday gifting thread if it is open for Christmas, if not all go to AP *except hollies and the 3rd gen checkered*

no clue simply looking forward to the new babies biggrin.gif

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? just looking forward to it, don't care what it is laugh.gif

not sure if I can choose which I like more. I love my Thuwed hollies the most I guess as one was a wonderful gift and the other was a very hard catch. But I love the ribbon dancer BBW checkered lineage think it is beautiful

Winter Magi X no clue

Ribbon Dancer X BBW

Snowangel X no clue

Yulebucks X no clue

Holly X Seasonal Winter

Each year it gets a little easier, I think it will still be hard, but think this year will be slightly easier than last. In '09 I saw NONE in AP after days of constantly stalking. Same happened in 2010. But in 2011 I actually saw a few and caught one myself. So this year should see a few more. I think the only allowing one to be gifted has raised the odds of seeing some in AP a bit. Back in 09 and 10 when you could AP catch the code, all of them were gifted to specific people so seeing in AP was very rare.

Edited by Merenwen

[X] Winter Magis

[X] Ribbon Dancers

[X] Snowangels

[X] Yulebucks

[X] Hollies

One of everything, to freeze. I already have an adult of each species so I don't have to worry about that. xd.png

Winter Magis: I haven't a clue. xd.png

Ribbon Dancers: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

Snowangels: http://dragcave.net/lineage/0OFVc This is the lineage of my Snow Angel and I'm going to continue it, but HOLY FREAKING CRAP I TOTALLY PUT OFF CATCHING A MALE FLAMINGO UNTIL NOW DIDN'T I. *runs away*

Yulebucks: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

Hollies: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

Dumping.

I dunno. xd.png I'd like another drag-and-drop. That was fun.

I don't care, Christmas dragons are always beautiful. xd.png But a candley dragon would be cool. Candles don't exactly scream Christmas, but you see them around a lot. Oh, I know—menorah dragon. xd.png

I don't know, I rather like Hollies, Ribbon Dancers, and Silver Tinsels, so I can't decide. xd.png

Hollies will still be a bit scarce, but considering I was a complete n00b last year and I managed to catch one... I think a lot of people will finally get their Holly. I hope so, because I know there are some who've been searching for two or three years, and that's long enough.

The ones for this year and a holly so that I can spread more love next year.

Winter Magis: both will be 2nd gen magi x rosebuds

Ribbon Dancers: not sure yet

Snowangels: not sure what the 2nd gen will be, but one will definitely be 3rd gen stair from flamingo x angel

Yulebucks: 5th gen stair from yule x winter and 5th gen stair from stripe probably

Hollies: with a skywing for a 6th gen spiral

Dumping snowangels, ribbon dancers, yulebucks, and winter magis into the AP. Am open to trading a holly for a holly to do a lineage swap. If it doesn't work out, I am gifting it to a friend.

Something gingerbready.

See above.

Snow angels

I like them all.

I think it will be fairly difficult, but there will be more available than last year definitely.

[ ] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

I didn't like my lineages so I released them all. I already have been promised Ribbon Dancers, Snow Angels and Yulebucks. smile.gif They are third gen.

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Winter Magis: One to an albino, one to a stripe.

Ribbon Dancers: n/a

Snowangels: n/a

Yulebucks: n/a

Hollies: n/a

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that, but please do not post actual trade or gifting links.)

Just the abandoned page, I think.

I don't know but I hope it's something fun! Maybe another raffle. smile.gif

Something to do with snow!

Winter Magis. <3

Winter Magi X

Ribbon Dancer X

Snowangel X

Yulebucks X

Holly X

I don't know, I'm not into lineages that much.

From the sound of things, very.

NONE! biggrin.gif I already have all the past holiday dragons, but since I wasn't even here when the hollies were first released, my holly is a 4th gen. I was SUPER excited when I managed to catch it in 2010. xd.png

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they? Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

I have no clue what I plan on breeding my christmas dragons with. Normally I just do random breeding, although for my holly, I might breed it with a red stripe or a magi since both of those breeds appear in it's lineage. tongue.gif

I have NO problem gifting my dragons for those who need them. Except my holly. I still need my 2nd one which I plan to obtain this year. Was hoping to last year, but it was for an IOU and I was hoping to get more than one egg from the offspring. dry.gifBut if anyone is in need of past christmas dragons and don't want to worry about catching any from the AP, you can contact me!

Have no idea, but I liked the decorating events. smile.gif

Not a clue.

I would have to say either the snowangels (the mostly white version) or the winter magis.

Winter Magi X gold

Ribbon Dancer X green nebula

Snowangel X white dragon

Yulebucks X red nebula

Holly X red stripe/red dragon/red nebula

Most likely VERY difficult as always.

[X] Winter Magis

[X] Ribbon Dancers

[X] Snowangels

[X] Yulebucks

[X] Hollies

I need all of them because I'm new here. tongue.gif About the lineage, I'm not sure, as long as they are not inbred and too messy, it's perfectly fine smile.gif

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Winter Magis: Striped, Moonstone or Lumina? Since Winter Magis are very colourful, I think a Winter Magi vs White Striped/Lumina/Moonstone would look nice. Or perhaps with a regular Magi, since they both are Magi.

Ribbon Dancers: Same about Winter Magis, but excluding regular Magi.

Snowangels: The prettiest Christmas dragon in my opinion smile.gif perhaps ice, winter or skywing would match her!

Yulebucks: I was thinking of Horse or Red dorsal/striped?

Hollies: Maybe red striped dragon. smile.gif

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP? (If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that, but please do not post actual trade or gifting links.)

Not for this year. First I want to get many dragons so next year maybe I will be able to start trading/gifting some. smile.gif

I have no clue, I've never been in Dragoncave during any event.

More snow! smile.gif Maybe a male version of Snowangel? Or a totally new cute breed.

Snowangel!

Winter Magi X Striped White

Ribbon Dancer X Striped White

Snowangel X Skywing

Yulebucks X Red Striped or Dorsal

Holly X Red Striped

Average to hard.

Edited by Slytherin7

None, I have a 3rd gen holly and will be getting another 3rd gen this year. I think that I would have to be lucky to get a 2nd gen xd.png. I am happy with what I have!

So far the only dragons that have for sure lineages is my holly. I need to either find traders for my CB christmas dragons or find someone to gift the 2nd gens to ^^

If I cant find trades, I normally post in the departure thread saying I am gifting them and to PM me if you want them. Better than dumping them to the AP (last year most of my AP drops were killed =/)

No idea! xd.png I can't wait to see what it is though!

I am hoping it will be something like gingerbread or Christmas tree or something like that!

It would have to be a tie between the holly and the ribbons. I love how the ribbons look but I love the "christmas" feel when you look at hollies.

Winter Magi X Gold

Ribbon Dancer X Silver

Snowangel X Ice

Yulebucks X Black

Holly X Black

It is hard to say, I have been trying for hollies every year and got lucky that my friend went holly catching crazy and gifted some out. Otherwise I wouldn't have any. But this year there are more hollies than last year so hopefully it wont be hard!

This was fun! xd.png

Wow - my 5th Christmas event here! xd.png

I'm planning on sending my Christmas eggs to the AP, although if anyome wants me to breed something specific for them, they can PM me. One of my Yulebucks is already reserved for a forum member.

I'm hoping my Holly will produce an egg - - - I'd like to trade for a male neglected IOU.

EDIT: Reserved for another forum member

Happy holidays everyone!

Edited by Leidarendi

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

Lineage? I'll take whatever I can get my hands on.

Seeing as there's no news topic for it as of yet, I'm going to assume it won't be a "Twelve

Days of Christmas" sort of thing the way it was last year. But I guess we'll just have to

wait and see.

Theme? Hmm. Something red would be nice, I think.

My favourite would have to be the Snow Angels. I like Ribbon Dancers, too. The way the

dragon itself looks. I'm not a huge fan of the colour scheme, though.

Hopefully a bit less difficult than last year, but there's no way to know.

I managed to get last year everything but Holly. I know they are rare but I really hope I get my hands on one.

I'll just continue their lineages with a mate of the same breed as their non-christmas parent.

A friend of mine just created her scroll around a month ago so I'm planning on gifting her some x-mas dragons. If there are any remaining ones I'll most likely trade them for something I need.

No idea but I'm positive it will be great.

I really like the Yulebucks and the Snow Angels but the Mistletoes from last year are just gorgeous. I can't unglue my eyes off them and it has been an year already.

Mistletoe x Autumn

Snowangel x Blusang

Yulebuck x Turpentine

Ribbondanser x no idea what, don't really like this dragon.

Last year it was pretty easy so I'm not expecting it to be much harder now.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies (Naturally a nice lineage would be awesome, but I'd be happy with catching anything)

Winter Magis: Maybe my gold? Iduuno

Ribbon Dancers:

Snowangels:

Yulebucks:

Hollies: Haha I wish

Probably just dumping all of them, but I would be happy to gift them too if someone needs them.

I hope another wreath/tree thing. Those were fun.

Hmmm, I really don't know.

I still really like snow angels.

Winter Magi X

Ribbon Dancer X

Snowangel X

Yulebucks X

Holly X

Wistful half-logic thinks/hopes easier than last year.

[X] Winter Magis

[X] Ribbon Dancers (just one of these though)

[X] Snowangels

[X] Yulebucks

[X] Hollies

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they? Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

I do not know yet

No not really i need these christmas eggs cause i have none well except one

Have no idea.

Not a clue.

Holly

Love them all

Very hard everybody wants one maybe i will be gifted one by a nice person