aangs-sister

Christmas /12 Planning, Speculation and Discussion

This is a thread to talk about this year’s upcoming Xmas event. Feel free to talk about anything to do with it.

If this is your first DC Christmas, feel free to also ask questions. EDIT: HERE is a link to the DC official holiday FAQ. If you still have any questions or need clarification, feel free to post.

You may post that you are planning to gift/breed for others this year or that you will be hunting for a particular breed/lineage, but anything else must be handled privately though PMs or gifting/trading groups once holiday breeding begins. You may NOT beg for Xmas dragons here or post trades.

I received some questions about this thread. To clarify this is a discussion topic not a trade or gifting topic.

Do not use this thread to trade or gift eggs or to request eggs. This is a discussion thread not a gifting/trading thread.

The Holiday Gifting Association's The Holiday Gifting Thread is now open for all breeds except hollies. If this is your first Christmas and you are worried about not being able to catch all of the breeds, check it out!

TJ has just posted the 2012 Holiday Event information!

Breeding will begin on midnight of the 19th and continue until midnight on the 26th.

Feel free to post comments or questions about the event as well!

Here’s a questionnaire to help get the discussion started:

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[ ] Hollies

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Winter Magis:

Ribbon Dancers:

Snowangels:

Yulebucks:

Hollies:

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP?

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that, but please do not post actual trade or gifting links.)

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

Which is your favorite Xmas breed?

What are you favorite Christmas pairings?

Winter Magi X

Ribbon Dancer X

Snowangel X

Yulebucks X

Holly X

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year?

edited by Rubyshoes - Do not use this thread to trade or gift eggs or to request eggs. This is a discussion thread not a gifting/trading thread.

Edited by aangs-sister

I joined on the 23rd December last year...so this will be the first Christmas I actually take part in biggrin.gif

So on the 23rd I'm going to pick up seven eggs; a guardian, a water, an albino and a balloon (my first four dragons) a whiptail and a spitfire (my original third and fourth,which I abandoned to save their lives) and a winter seasonal to a: remind me of the season, and b: To fulfill my unreached dream of having a female winter which I had when I started. Will incubate them all so be unlocked for Christmas biggrin.gif

A very nice person said they would breed me a snow angel I need for a lineage project- you know who you are <3 I've bribed my brother into breeding me a 2G Winter Magi - for the others I will just be taking too the AP biggrin.gif Judging from the screenshots of last year I shouldn't have that much trouble biggrin.gif

...and now to the questionaire biggrin.gif

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

[x] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

I need to catch all of them (the two I specifically need to catch mentioned above), but I'm not going to try for a Holly. If I catch one then yay - but I've only been playing a year, and no way am I wasting my Christmas hunting pixels with the revision and wrapping to do biggrin.gif

What do you think this year’s event will be?

Caroling for sure smile.gif Maybe visiting other's scrolls and leaving a song or something? smile.gif

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

CANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDLES <3 A candle dragon, or something around that theme.. <3 Or something with lots of fur - more than pillows biggrin.gif

Snow angels <3

Easier than last year, but still goddamn tough.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies (have one, but would like another with a shorter gen)

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

It's my giftees' choice for who they would like as mates.

Winter Magis: One x Gold and the other is x Red

Ribbon Dancers: Both x Brimstones

Snowangels: One x SW and the other x Gold

Yulebucks: one will be bred with a Terrae

Hollies: x Sunstone (to follow lineage)

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that!)

All of my Christmas dragons are spoken for wub.gif But of course extras will auto-abandon to the AP.

I'm really hoping for another story event similar to last year. That was great. Or maybe a sort-of Advent calendar? Where each day, you open up a little window to reveal a new ornament or leetle?

Eggnog! No, I'm kidding, lol. No idea what it could be, but I would still love to see the reds and greens or golds that I associate with Christmas. Just doesn't feel Christmassy without those colours somewhere on the dragon. But I am pretty sure that I will love this year's dragon no matter what smile.gif

I would have to say that mine is the Winter Magi. I love the creamy yellows/golds along with the reds and greens. I use them whenever I can.

For nostalgia sake, my fave would be the Holly of course tongue.gif

Winter Magi X Gold

Ribbon Dancer X Gold

Snowangel X Gold

Yulebucks X Gold/Silver

Holly X White

Due to more Hollies being bred than there was before, I think it will be easier than past years, but still insanely hard, and still really hard to find lower gen or non-messy ones. There are more of them out there, but everyone still wants one wink.gif

[x] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

This will be my first Christmas, so I don't have any dragons to breed. I definitely will next year, when and if I catch some Christmas dragons.

As I said before, this will be my first Christmas.

No idea. It might involve a story.

I don't know, maybe a green or Christmas tree dragon. I'm not hoping to see anything, really. Whatever it is, the spriters will probably do a great job on it.

Yulebucks, especially the hatchling! wub.gif

Winter Magi X?

Ribbon Dancer X?

Snowangel X?

Yulebucks X?

Holly X?

I do not know. I'm thinking of trying some myself.

How difficult is it usually?

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[ X ] Hollies (just need one, preferably female)

Winter Magis: Not sure yet.

Ribbon Dancers: Most likely whatever their non-holiday parent is.

Snowangels: Can't stand to look at them, so not breeding them.

Yulebucks: Both frozen, so no breeding. ^^'

Hollies: I *think* I have a CB Skywing set aside just for my Holly to continue the spiral...

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP?:

My eggs will be dumped into the AP except for one Holly egg if I get it. I'm going to try and trade that one for...something. Not having IOUs as an option really cuts down what I can look for.

What do you think this year’s event will be?:

I dunno, but I hope it's fun. And I hope the prize giveaway is a little more...fair, this year.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?:

I'd like to see a darker, or more sinister, dragon this year in honor of 2012.

Which is your favorite Xmas breed?:

Tri-colored or white snow angels. Not the gold ones. Uck.

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year?:

Hopefully easier than last year.

Edited by Derranged

Since I joined recently this will be my first Christmas on DC

which means I can only catch 4 if it takes less than a week >_>

how many days does xmas takes here on DC?

but I'd really like one of each, if I can c:

[x] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

I don't know?

SNOW ANGELS <3

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[X] Yulebucks Hopefully a nice 2nd gen.

[X] Hollies

Winter Magis: with Magma and with Tangar (I think the last one looks quite refreshing xd.png )

Ribbon Dancers: with Gold Wyvern and with Lumina

Snowangels: with Black Marrow and with Turpentine

Yulebucks: this <3

Hollies: don't have one cool.gif

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that!)

I have a request from someone who has no Christmas dragons yet. The rest goes to the AP.

I have absolutly no idea. Last years event was soooo awesome!

And again, no idea. We already have the Holly, we have an Angel, we have Ribbons, Candy Canes and... the Winter Magis xd.png Maybe a beautiful Christmas tree?

Ribbon Dancers <3

Winter Magi X Magma or Tangar

Ribbon Dancer X Gold Wyvern, Harvest or Green Nebula

Snowangel X Black Marrow, Turpentine... Luminas might look good with them, too!

Yulebucks X no idea xd.png

Holly X and no idea again

As difficult as it always was wink.gif

The event actually won't be nearly as interesting for me this year, since I don't need ANY of the past holiday dragons.

I have my two hollies.

So all I need is the new dragon when it comes out smile.gif

I'm looking forward to whatever event happens, should be fun.

The event actually won't be nearly as interesting for me this year, since I don't need ANY of the past holiday dragons.

I have my two hollies.

So all I need is the new dragon when it comes out smile.gif

I'm looking forward to whatever event happens, should be fun.

What she said.

Though I am looking forward to gifting the Hollies I have promised for this year - and seeing where the holidays I breed end up smile.gif

I only want a Holly.

That is the only breed I don't have so far and I'd sell my soul to get one.

I caught all the other past Christmas dragons last year and I will continuoe their lineages (all are 2nd gen or 3rd stair).

I will breed one of my Winter Magis with a Magi, I'm not quite sure about the other yet. Maybe a Cavern Lurker, or Royal Blue ... something dark.

The only thing I need is a Holly. I've been saving my spot for one and this will be the second year of looking. I only want one from a magi line (preferably second gen) or none at all. I'm going to breed one of each of my holiday dragons to a magi. Last year the snow angel was bred to a gold, but this time it will be a magi. My Yule is second gen so he will make a third gen checker. As for my other ribbon dancer and 2011 holiday, I'm thinking electric and something else.

This will be my first DC Christmas, so I'm unfortunately going to need everything. Not expecting to get a holly, but I'll be happy if I can manage it... the moreso if it's of a clean lineage that I can continue. Hoping to get 2nd gens of everything else, but not sure how realistic a goal that is.

Also hoping my snow angel color is white... but there's no way to know that until they grow up, so I'm not too worried about it.

This will be my first DC Christmas too, so I'll try to catch one of each Christmas dragon (except Holly, because it seems too hard got it).

I hope to have luck and that everything goes well.

Edited by -Eris-

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[X] Hollies

Winter Magis: Healing Winter and Healing Magi

Ribbon Dancers: Warm Ribbons and Healing Ribbon

Snowangels: Healing Snow and Another healing snow

Yulebucks: Spooking Yulebuck and Yuletide Yulebuck

Hollies: None sad.gif

I'm open to gifting & trading (though I may need help on the other side. I only have so many Magi)

No clue, but I'm sure it will be good.

We've already done Holly, Candy Cane, Angel, Ribbon and the Magic surrounding the season. If I had to take a blind guess, it's either mistletoe, a tree design, or a dragon that loves helping others for no real reason (That is what the season is all about: Give and expect nothing in return).

Snow Angel. So pretty...and such a variety.

Winter Magi X White

Ribbon Dancer X Reds OR Whites

Snowangel X Whites OR Silvers

Yulebucks X Reds?

Holly X Whites

Perhaps a bit easier since we now have the binomes, but I still expect a fight...

Edited by warriorjames

How difficult is (the holly hunt) it usually?

Near impossible. Many users assume they won't get one unless they are gifted. That being said, the holly population goes up every year so it gets easier, but also new people are always joining and people with hollies are always leaving DC, so the population surplus can only go so far.

Since I joined recently this will be my first Christmas on DC

which means I can only catch 4 if it takes less than a week >_>

how many days does xmas takes here on DC?

but I'd really like one of each, if I can c:

The Christmas breeding period is exactly 7 days long so that each dragon can be bred once. If scroll space is an issue, I recommend gathering some reds before Christmas starts.

It will be my first DC Christmas as well, so I'll definitely be on the lookout for every type of Christmas dragon! xd.png

Will the dragons of the new breed be the only ones that appear in the cave like on Halloween, or are there new caveborns of all the Christmas breeds? Also, can the dragons only breed once per year, like the Halloween dragons, or are they limited even if you use Reds to make the generation born this year able to grow up/breed sooner?

Edited by Sycamore

My first Christmas here too!~ Super excited! biggrin.gif

So, I need everything, and I'd like to get only 1 of everything. My only problem will be my OCD and getting cool lineages (really hoping to get some 2nd gens from White) so I'm not sure what'll go down when the time comes.

Haha, merry early-Christmas everyone~

Well, this is my first Christmas on DC, so I need all of them! 2 adults of each type, if possible. I want 2nd gens if possible, though if I find longer lineages that I like, I may just keep those. And if I manage to catch a Holly, I'll keep it no matter what the lineage.

I don't have any yet (first Christmas here and all) and I haven't got favorite mates for the existing breeds. I'm hoping to find some interesting ones in the AP.

I plan to do all of my hunting in the AP. I haven't arranged any trades, but I caught tons of pretty Halloweens during their breeding season just by hunting the AP. Moreover, I've heard Halloweens are harder to catch than other holidays because they don't have scroll limits, so since I did so well then I'm not worried about these. I won't be competing with as many people (except when it comes to Hollies). I probably won't gift or trade anything I get from the AP, unless I find someone who is specifically searching for a lineage I've caught. In which case I will definitely trade, as I have nothing specific in mind. Though a lineage like this I would definitely hang on to, since I need a mate for that one.

I don't know what the event might be. I'll probably enjoy anything they come up with.

Dragon theme? Hmmm. Not sure. Maybe something pine-inspired, with fur/scales like pine needles and gold accents? That might be pretty. But like the event, I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever it turns out to be. Since we have a pygmy-breeding Halloween dragon, a multi-headed dragon or drake might be interesting for Christmas. Unlikely, I know.

Favorite Christmas breed would have to be the tri-colored snow angels I hope those are the ones I get. I love the yulebucks, too--their wings amuse me.

I haven't got favorite mates, I just hope to find interesting combos this year.

Not sure about the holly hunt, though I have heard that many people who have them are planning to breed them this year, so hopefully there will be some for AP hunters like me.

Will the dragons of the new breed be the only ones that appear in the cave like on Halloween, or are there new caveborns of all the Christmas breeds?  Also, can the dragons only breed once per year, like the Halloween dragons, or are they limited even if you use Reds to make the generation born this year able to grow up/breed sooner?

It is almost exactly the same as halloween. A week before the 25th, old holiday breeds (Winter Magis, Ribbon Dancers ,Snowangels, Yulebucks, and Hollies) will be able to breed and you can catch their eggs in the AP, but CBs of them will not appear. You can only get a CB of a Christmas dragon the year it is released. On the 25th, CBs of a brand new breed will start dropping in all biomes until Dec. 27th.

And, yes, each Xmas can only breed once per year. If one grows up during the breeding period it will not be able to breed until afterwards, meaning there can only be one new generation per year.

EDIT: I've added a link to the DC official holiday FAQ (HERE) to the first post. Questions posted here will still be answered, but I recommend reading the FAQ first.

Edited by aangs-sister

I need all of them except Yulebucks... I hope to have 2nd gens, but I'll take what I can get.

Basically I'll do what I did for Halloween, because I managed to miss 3 or so years of that as well. x-x;

And I'll be trying to catch the new eggs, of course biggrin.gif Looking forward to whatever the event turns out to be.

None got them all even my two hollys :3

Winter Magis: I have ZERO clue. Maybe one with my Cb gold and not sure about the other.

Ribbon Dancers: Her silver mate. Here is an offspring from last year Click

Snowangels: Her white mate from last year as well with an example. Click

Yulebucks: Not sure. Either his past mate. Baby example or the one I used last year Baby example

Hollies: I am RIDICULOUSLY Proud of the lineage I made with of these two.

Joyous x Lailah Baby example

Anael x Nathaniel Baby example

My 2nd gen holly Joyous has his even gen offspring spoken for this year but My 3rd gen one Anael does not. If I can't find a trade before x-mas I probably won't breed her at all. I like to know where my babies are going.

My other x-mas dragons are all open for trades this year too. None have been spoken for so far. So if someone wants one and wishes to trade please don't hesitate to Pm me.

I would like to trade for them all if I can line up trades. I already got two CB golds for my 3rd gen holly offspring this year.

As far as the 4th gen looking for a cb metal or a ungendered neglected.

The other holidays? Mainly just dragons from the release I missed due to rl being insane xd.png

Hopefully something fun :3 Like a design your own ornament thing maybe?

I want something RED like nice pretty dark Christmas red. Or maybe something with mistletoe?

Actually I think it's the Ribbon Dancer. After that the Holly. But the flaws in the holly sprite take away the title of favorite for me. If it was ever updated maybe I'd like it more. But as is hands down ribbon dancer and then probably the Yule Buck.

Winter Magi X Gold or Golden Wyvern

Ribbon Dancer X Silver or Nebula

Snowangel X White!

Yulebucks X Neotropical or White

Holly X White!

Not sure. My 2nd gen Holly was a gift from an AMAZING Friend and the 3rd gen I traded a GON for back when you could still trade them. So I have never had to try to hunt for one. But from what other people have said I gather it is hard.

Beyond breeding my old x-mas dragons, I have to work x-mas eve and x-mas so I'll probably just come on for the drop and then get a few hours sleep before work. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Reidragon

EDIT: I've added a link to the DC official holiday FAQ (HERE) to the first post. Questions posted here will still be answered, but I recommend reading the FAQ first.

Thanks for the link, I had totally missed this!

[X] Winter Magis

[X] Ribbon Dancers

[X] Snowangels

[X] Yulebucks

[X] Hollies

None yet!

N/a this year, but hopefully gifting next year.

No idea tongue.gif *so curious*

I would guess something snowy, but the winter version of the seasonal dragon is already similar to that... Maybe reindeer, lol?

Snow Angel

Vine x Snow Angel (especially tri-color)

Halloween seemed to go pretty smoothly, so hopefully not too bad.

Best of luck to everyone! laugh.gif

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

I've already got the rest and I'm happy with their lineages (all are 2nd gens and both of each breed have matching lineages). I have one holly, but I'd like another and if possible, I'd like to upgrade to a better lineage. tongue.gif Mine's a little messy.

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)?

Winter Magis: haven't decided yet! Maybe my CB gold for one. Not sure about the other.

Ribbon Dancers: both will look like this

Snowangels: both will look like this provided I find one more matching 2nd gen sunsong

Yulebucks: both will look like this

Hollies: I'll breed it to a CB of some sort so the lineage doesn't get any worse. Not sure which though.

I've already promised offspring from my ribbon dancers, snow angels and yulebucks to a friend. My holly I'll be trading for I think, but I don't want to organise that in advance. My winter magis will go to the AP.

Hmm... Well we had tree decorating and wreath decorating... maybe we'll be decorating Christmas stockings this year? tongue.gif I'm not sure. I'm sure it'll be something fun though.

Elf themed, elf themed! biggrin.gif I dunno, I'll be excited about any new dragon I think. I can't really think of what's left to do other than generic Christmas. Or a snowman. tongue.gif

I love ribbon dancers. I hate that I don't have CBs of them! sad.gif But I guess I like hollies too. Their sprites aren't my favourite (I prefer the other Christmas sprites) but the fact that they're so rare makes them very desirable. tongue.gif

Winter Magi X gold

Ribbon Dancer X gold tinsel

Snowangel X depends on their wing colour tongue.gif

Yulebucks X bright pink

Holly X winter

Theoretically, it should be easier than last year since there are more numbers out there, but I'm sure it'll still be really hard. I have a fast new computer, but I live in Australia, and internet here is pretty horrible, so... xd.png I have my fingers crossed though.

I think this year's decoration-contest-thing will be a gingerbread house or maybe a stocking. As for the dragon-- I'm sure it'll be something gaudy and cliche. Which is entirely appropriate for the holiday, I suppose =P Like every year, I hope for a yeti-dragon.

[X] Winter Magis

[X] Ribbon Dancers

[X] Snowangels

[X] Yulebucks

[X] Hollies

I have none since I'm fairly new. Hopefully, I will get at least one of the five

Hmmm, I honesty have no idea...

I was thinking since Hurricane Sandy occurred, maybe there would be a dragon based off of a blizzard or snowstorm, but more Christmasy, like with red, green, and gold snow? I know there are the Ice Dragons and Winter Dragons, but I'm just brain-storming here. tongue.gif

I really like the Yulebuck's design, and Winter Magi's colors, but I think all the dragons have pretty neat designs.

Uhh.... I haven't really gone into breeding/lineages that much yet, but I think Winter Magis would go well with Luminas

After seeing everyone's posts, I'm guessing it's going to be extremely hard.