aangs-sister

Christmas /12 Planning, Speculation and Discussion

I'm worried since I only have 5 egg slots and there will be six christmas dragons. x_x I'm going to need more reds. Other than that I'm very excited for my first Dragcave christmas. happy.gif

Edited by KaelaBoo24

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

[x] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

I have 2 CB Whitewinged Snow Angels, I could probably trade their babies for other 2nd gens.

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

If nobody requests a certain one, then probably breeding one to my CB Silver and the other to my CB Blusang.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP?

Trading, I would gift but I need all the other holidays! Definitely next year I'll have more holidays, so I'll gift some 3rd gens. smile.gif

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

A candle pygmy would be cute, but I don't really have a preference, I'm sure it'll be great, Christmas dragons are my favorites. ^^

Which is your favorite Xmas breed?

Snow Angels, luck I managed to get those <3

What are you favorite Christmas pairings?

Winter Magi X Ice/Frill

Ribbon Dancer X Thunder

Snowangel X Silver/Blusang

Yulebucks X White? Nebula? Not entirely sure.

Holly X Winter/Frill

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year?

Really hard for me, considering how easy it was for others to catch 7 Trihorns like it was nothing and how hard it was for me to catch 1, even on the 5 minute drops. I'll definitely keep trying, though, maybe I'll get lucky and catch one wink.gif

Edited by dragonstar

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[ ] Hollies

[X] A Holly would be nice as I don't have any, but it's not a priority. What I NEED to catch are the new dragons of course. biggrin.gif

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)?

Winter Magis: Winter Seasonal and Nebula

Ribbon Dancers: Red and Winter Seasonal

Snowangels: Golden Wyvern and Black

Yulebucks: Vine

Hollies: don't have any

I'll probably post some transfer links and dump the rest of the eggs.

What do you think this year’s event will be?

I don't know and I don't want to know, it's supposed to be a surprise! biggrin.gif

Ribbon Dancer, hands down!

Winter Magi X alt Black or alt Nebula

Ribbon Dancer X Red

Snowangel X hmmmm not sure, maybe Golden Wyvern, White or Water Horse...?

Yulebucks X Vine

Holly X Gold

[ ] Winter Magis -

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[ ] Hollies

[x] 2012 Christmas Dragon

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Winter Magis: CB Golds or CB Red Nebulas

Ribbon Dancers: CB Luminas

Snowangels: CB Gold/CB Golden Wyvern

Yulebucks: CB Neotropicals

Hollies: Their mates (an Autumn Seasonal and a Vine bred to be a "matching" breeding partners for their respective lineages)

I will dump most of mine to the AP, but I intend on gifting two Holly eggs if I get any when breeding. I have a list of a few people I'd like to surprise with a Holly gift, so I hope I get the eggs.

No clue.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

A silvery/snowy type dragon (though we did get the Winter Magi last....). Maybe one based of Christmas lights... or gingerbread.... or a poinsettia.

Tri-colored Snow Angels, Yulebuck hatchlings, Holly eggs.... but I do like them all.

Winter Magi X Something with gold

Ribbon Dancer X Something with red

Snowangel X Something with gold

Yulebucks X Something with green or striped

Holly X anything really

In truth... I don't mind any pairing... it just depends on my mood.

For me? Easy. I have my two. For others.... it might be a bit easier as the extras go to the AP. That is how I got one of mine last year. Still, Holly hunting is a frustrating game, so I doubt it will be super easy the hunters.

The only Christmas dragon I've ever missed was the Holly dragon...and of course, it would be the one most difficult to obtian. dry.gif

Aside from partaking in capturing the new Christmas dragon, the only thing I'm planning on doing is trying to get a hold of a Holly with at least a 'decent' lineage....

The only Christmas dragon I've ever missed was the Holly dragon...and of course, it would be the one most difficult to obtian.  dry.gif

Aside from partaking in capturing the new Christmas dragon, the only thing I'm planning on doing is trying to get a hold of a Holly with at least a 'decent' lineage....

Hahaha, yeah my goal last year was "get my hands on any holly" and this year it's "grab a decent lineaged one". tongue.gif I've got a better connection this year so if I manage to get a nice one early on, I might release my messy one and try my luck at a second. After breeding it of course.

But knowing my luck, I'll probably fail at this. tongue.gif

Edited by StormWizard212

My Hollies don't have lineages that would make most people excited, but I did try to make them look nicer with their "matching" breeding partners. They aren't exact, but at least they mirror each other a bit. Hopefully people will still be happy to get their eggs. unsure.gif

Got everything I need already!

Winter Magi: I really haven't decided for sure yet. I bred this as a tester, but it looks a little plain, and it ups the gen to 3.

Ribbon Dancer: Hoo hoo have I got a good father for Ribbon Dancers.

Snow Angel: I went with a Harvest last two years, and I'll probably stick with it.

Yulebuck: I might do a darker dragon this year to match the dorsal but not an actual Dorsal. Maybe a Greenwing.

Holly: I was disappointed as I wanted to breed my Holly to a new red-colored dragon if one was released this year. Instead, it'll probably be with the same mate as last year. Fingers crossed for 2013!

My Holly's offspring is pledged to the Holly Contest.

I have no plans for my Snow Angels, Yulebucks, or Winter Magis. I'll probably release them to the AP or gift them somewhere.

I was thinking of trading one of the Ribbon Dancer eggs for something nice. I might just give it away with the rest, though.

Urgh. Snowman decorating?

Not sure, but I'm hoping to see a less white-colored dragon. The only ones not majorly white out of the bunch we have are the Hollies and Ribbon Dancers. It would also be interesting to see some dimorphism for once.

Sprite-wise, the Winter Magis. I love the shading of their wings, and how their paws are open, as if they're preparing to cast a spell.

I'm just gonna skip over this because there are so many awesome pairings!

I think over time it already has and will continue to decrease in difficulty slightly each year as more hollies are obtained and bred.

I have everything currently available. I'd like to try to find another holly in the AP, time permitting.

Winter Magis: Not sure, probably ridgewings

Ribbon Dancers: Undecided, possibly CB metals

Snowangels: Subject to change; both originally had CB whites as mates until one later refused its partner & it was changed to a CB moonstone

Yulebucks: one of mine just got a new mate, the other may remain the same

Hollies: he currently has a 4th gen pb white mate

**Any CB Christmas dragons I have stand a chance of having a metallic mate this year, now that I finally have a few to choose from**

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that, but please do not post actual trade or gifting links.)

I plan on sending my eggs to the AP. I am, however, open to requests if anyone would like something off my scroll.

I have something special planned for my holly this year, so unfortunately he will be the only one closed to requests.

No clue. Maybe something similar to this past Valentines, where we sent valentines to each other? Christmas cards we could send to each other would be neat. Cards we could design ourselves, maybe with preset designs/messages to pick from, would be even cooler.

Again, no idea. I rather like being surprised with what we get.

I like them all.

Winter Magi X

Ribbon Dancer X

Snowangel X

Yulebucks X

Holly X

I have yet to exhaust all potential pairings that I would like to try.

I think it will be slightly easier than in years past, as there are more now. All they can do is increase in number.

I've actually managed to obtain all the Christmas dragons, so I'm looking forward to seeing this year's version. (Given the pattern thus far, I'm guessing it will be a male-only breed.)

Consittering I'm a firm believer in monogamous breeding pairs, I only plan to continue what I began last year by breeding my Holly with his Purple dragon mate

Probably going look around and see if there's anyone on a Holly wish list, and see if they're willing to take any Holly eggs.

Well, we've done trees and wreaths already. Maybe a gingerbread house?

I'm not really fussy about it, to be honest. Although, it would be kinda cool to see a clockwork dragon, or something reminiscent of the old tin toys of yesteryear.

I gotta say, I think the Winter Magi is the most gorgeous of all the past Christmas breeds. But I also love the tri-colored Snow Angel. (Wish my scroll had been eligible for that version, but at least I came up with a good name for the full-gold one I did get.)

I actually don't pay attention to different Christmas pairings, to be honest. As I said earlier, I prefer monogamous breeding pairs. (But it would be cool to see a tri-colored Snow Angel paired with a Winter Magi.)

It's bound to be a bit easier than last year, since there are probably more bred Hollies out there now. I imagine it will get easier each year, as long as the Hollies continue to increase in number.

Looking forward to the new holiday dragons, and to the rest of the Christmas event! Otherwise I'm good - I've got CBs of everything but Hollies, and I've got a lovely IOU for a second Holly this year!

Winter Magis: No firm plans yet! I think they might look pretty with Nebulas and Winter Magis x Magis would make me laugh, but if someone wants a different second gen that's cool too.

Ribbon Dancers: No firm plans here either. Maybe one with a Frill and one with a Vine, or with a Blusang since I can't resist those.

Snowangels: One bred with a Heartseeker, which should be pretty! Not sure yet what kind of mate the other'll have.

Yulebucks: One bred with a Black and one bred with a Winter!

Hollies: He'll have a Skywing mate this year! Wow, I'm all about the exclamation points in this post.

Gifting most of them, if I can. Four already have homes ready, three as gifts and one as an IOU! Otherwise I'll be scoping out the forum to see who needs/wants what.

Oh man, I hope it involves decorating again. Festooning a dragon with tinsel? Awesome. But I really like the other ideas put forward in this thread, too, like Christmas cards or any other decorating event.

Uh... something... edible? A cookie or sugarplum dragon would be awesome! Or a snowflake dragon, though I'm also kind of hoping for a midwinter release with some seasonally appropriate breeds.

ALL OF THEM. Not even kidding. I feel like a lot of love and effort goes into all the holiday dragons (okay, all the breeds, actually) and they're all so festive!

Welp, based on my previous breedings:

Yulebuck x Winter

Snow Angel x Shadow Walker (which I definitely love, and those offspring tend to get fantastic names)

Snow Angel x Hellfire (for the irony)

Ribbon Dancer x Ridgewing and Canopy

And I really like the idea of any Christmas x Valentine, though I hadn't thought of it before this year!

I think it's always difficult as heck. There's plenty of Holly offspring out there by now, but we keep gaining new members, too! But based on what I saw last year, I think the rarity of Hollies remains about the same as it's ever been - we're limited to two apiece, so the difficulty of snagging one kind of levels out along with the number of newbies/those who don't have Hollies and actual Holly offspring produced. If that makes sense.

Just a Holly and the new release. Don't really care about lineages.

My Snow Angel is paired with a White. His lineage is kinda messy, but its short and has a lot of rares in it. My Ribbon Dancer is paired with a CB Neotropical, and my Winter Magi is paired with a CB Royal Blue.

*Points to sig* I'm planning on gifting them, but I don't have any recipients yet. If I don't get any I'll probably just throw them in the AP and hope for the best.

No clue.

Again, no clue.

Holly! I was devastated when the Yulebucks were first revealed because I couldn't get one easily.

Meh, lineages aren't really my thing. I only bother when I know I'm going to gift the eggs. I am happy with my Winter Magi x Royal Blue, though.

As hard as it was last year, at least. Which means I'm probably not going to get one sad.gif

[x] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

I always freeze one and let one dragon grow up, but last year I accidentally let both my Winter Magi's grow up. So I need to release one of them, and get another one to freeze. I'll probably just use the egg I breed myself for that; I know how much some people hate to see their offspring frozen, heh.

Of course I'll also be catching the new release!

Winter Magis:

Ribbon Dancers:

Snowangels:

Yulebucks:

Hollies:

I actually haven't decided yet. All of them will be bred with CB dragons though, so all the offspring will be 2nd gen.

Keeping the Winter Magi, but the rest will be gifted to people from my own forum, or dumped in the AP if they can catch the eggs themselves.

Hrmmmmm I have no idea! Gingerbread house decorating? Really don't have a clue xd.png

Also no clue... gingerbread dragon?

Yulebuck. They were my first ever Christmas dragons smile.gif

Winter Magi X Magi

Ribbon Dancer X Golden Wyvern

Snowangel X Gold

Yulebucks X White

Holly X Anything xd.png

Just as difficult as last year and the year before. Sure, there's more hollies around, but there's also more members around. I don't know how much DC has grown since last year, but it's possible it might even be more difficult now.

[x] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

This will be my first Christmas here, so I don't have Christmas dragons. I don't care about lineages.

Winter Magis and Yulebucks

How difficult is it usually?

I want to get a yulebuck egg from my current Yulebuck/White pair for freezing and I am definitely grabbed two of the new eggs, again one for freezing. My other two slots are for whatever I find in the AP.

What my yulebuck egg(s) will look like!

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that, but please do not post actual trade or gifting links.)

I'm keeping one of the yulebuck eggs and dropping the others in the AP.

Maybe decorating a gingerbread house (or cave lol).

I'm hoping for maybe a Xmas tree themed dragon.

I like the snow angel tri-colored dragons best but LOVE the look of the yulebuck eggs.

Yulebucks X White

Holly X White

First time back in several years, not sure but I'm slightly optimistic. We'll see, either way it's going to be fun!

I need all the chrissy dragons since this is my first year, though i do have a lineage from last years dragon but obviously not a christmas breed, so i'm pretty excited to do some christmas catching biggrin.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing something maybe grinch looking for the next christmas dragon, like another furry dragon so it could represent the grinch or even a christmas tree, honestly all the past dragons look so sweet it doesn't matter but it would be nice to see some more green in a design..or maybe something more wintery looking blue and white maybe to look more like an ice type dragon?

In any case I can not wait for these dragons to be out, a little unfortunately im from Oz so i'll have to time things pretty close to get one due to all the christmas partying that will be done around the time they're released but it'll be worth it i'm sure smile.gif

lol id be happy to get any holiday dragon its my first christmas to

if anybody has any xtra holiday dragons please think of me instead of dopping them in the abondened eggs page plz

ps. i started a week or so ago

I need just about every Christmas Dragon available, as I have left DC before the Holiday releases. I'm hoping for a short, clean lineage with same-surname parents as well as lineages with dragons whose colors complement with its partner. It will also be lovely if the lineage has a distinct pattern as well!

None, because I don't have any. unsure.gif

I hope it involves Bread Pudding and Tea! Or something sweet and warm...

I'm not sure...I hope it's an edible dragon...like fruit cake...or better yet, bread Pudding! I have no plans of eating it, though! xd.png

Maybe it'll be a Poinsettia Dragon? I would love those!

Which is your favorite Xmas breed? Snow Angels! I love how their wings have different varieties~!

Winter Magi X Something bright and colorful...Sunsong Amphithere or Glorydrakes, perhaps?

Ribbon Dancer X Vine.

Snowangel X White Stripe/ Golden Wyverns.

Yulebucks X Ember/ Red Nebula.

Holly X Pink Dragons/ Moonstone/ Royal Blue.

I think it'll be a bit challenging since many people are looking forward to the release...not to mention how fast some eggs vanish and how laggy the site could be when this occurs. But overall, I'm quite excited for a challenge, and for my very first Christmas egg!

Edited by Vakarian

Uh... something... edible? A cookie or sugarplum dragon would be awesome!

Oh man, that would be awesome. xd.png What I'd do to have a Christmas dragon I could eat...

And I love some of the ideas people are giving for possible activities. I can't wait to see what it actually is. Whoever mentioned the advent calendar is a genius! I so hope it's something like that now. But surely something like that would have to start on the 1st. Maybe next year? biggrin.gif

How difficult is it usually?

Nearly impossible. Many users assume they won't get one unless they are gifted. That being said, the holly population goes up every year so it gets easier, but also new people are always joining and people with hollies are always leaving DC, so the population surplus can only go so far.

And here a question I received via PM. I'll post it in case anyone else has the same question:

I had a question, with Christmas you can breed the Christmas dragons, but if you already have two of them on your scroll the egg will be abandoned automatically, so how can people breed them for others?

When you breed a Christmas egg (or valentines) and select one from the muti-clutch, the egg you select will stay on your scroll for about an hour before the limit kicks in and the egg is dropped from your scroll. If you put the egg in a trade or transfer teleport link, that changes to 24 hrs. In other words, as long as you have a magi you have 24 hrs to trade or gift a holiday egg.

However, some people have reported the 'kept' egg dropping in less then an hour, so you need to get the egg into a teleport link as soon as you can.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[X] Hollies (2nd gen preferably but I'll take what I can get)

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Winter Magis: Probably with blacks

Ribbon Dancers: I'll try to match breeds with my 2nd gen dragons.

Snowangels: Same as above.

Yulebucks: I have one CB so I'll probably pair with my female black I always do.

Hollies: Magis! My only holly will be paired with a PB 3rd gen Magi.

I'll probably dump them into the AP, I do have one IOU to fulfill though.

Not 100% sure.

Garland maybe...?

Hollies, hands down.

Winter Magi X Black or Gold

Ribbon Dancer X Red

Snowangel X White

Yulebucks X Black

Holly X Gold/Silver/Magi

Not as bad as the previous years but pretty damn hard.

Edited by emerald7fire

This is my first Christmas on DC. Hoping to catch all past eggs in AP. smile.gif

[x] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

Can't wait to see what this years theme will be. smile.gif Wishing everyone Happy Holidays.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[ ] Hollies

I'm going to gift my holly offspring to a friend, and then attempt to gift others, too. I hope I only have one holly baby, so I don't see people flipping out over not getting one 0.2 seconds after. xd.png;

Something festive (no idea).

I hope it's some sort of fairy dragon/food dragon.

All of them.

I won my holly, so I honestly have no idea.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies - caught or been promised the rest

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with? What lineages are they?

Winter Magis: Both CBs. I'll likely breed them with dragons colored bright red or bright blue.

Ribbon Dancers: Only own one. The offspring will probably look like this.

Snowangels:

Yulebucks:

Hollies:

I've promised my Winter Magi offspring to someone, but I'll probably either dump my RD's eggs in the AP or trade one off.

I have no idea. Something to do with carols or presents, maybe?

Again, no idea. I just hope it's pretty and maybe female. c:

Yulebucks. The hatchlings are so adorable!

Winter Magi X Royal Blue

Ribbon Dancer X Vine

Snowangel X Pink

Yulebucks X Anything

Holly X Pillow

Probably about the same as last year.

Edited by Ponystar17

Hollies! In a perfect world, maybe one to match this stairstep laugh.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vp8K0

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with? What lineages are they?

cb yule x silver (for a trade promise)

cb yule x 2g angel white wing

2g angel white wing x sweetling

cb ribbon x brimstone? http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...gen=2&mate=dNkv

(or maybe with my gold if I get a good trade request)

Christmas magi probably with luminas

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP? probably a mix of all three

What do you think this year’s event will be?House decorating, with lots of lights and plastic yard decorations xd.png

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?Gingerbread dragon or abominable snowman dragon

What are you favorite Christmas pairings?yules x reds or angel gold wings x gold

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year?I'm hoping not as frustrating as it usually is, lol.

Edited by Tawanda001