aangs-sister

Christmas /12 Planning, Speculation and Discussion

[x] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

Hoping to get 3rd even gens or higher for most of them... 0_o;

i need winter magis and hollys =P and w/e the new release is but id rather have a holly than anything else

I just started in March, so I need to catch em all. Luckily, I won't have to go Holly-hunting because I've already traded for two of them (one's a 3rd gen!). I really love Yulebucks, so I hoping to get two nice second gens (:

Edited by Erica8798

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year?

[X] Hollies <- Need one more, hopefully a clean, EG.

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they? I will try to breed neat, nice looking lineages. Some of my non-CB Christmas dragons don't have great looking lineages, but they are clean and I'll keep them that way.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP? (If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that!) Anything that hasn't been requested gets dumped to the AP.

What do you think this year’s event will be? No idea, although I'm looking forward to it.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? Green? We haven't had a green holiday dragon.

Which is your favorite Xmas breed? Hollies, of course.

What are you favorite Christmas pairings? Pretty much anything.

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year? As difficult as always.

Edited by casprrr

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? Green? We haven't had a green holiday dragon.

What about the ribbon dancers? tongue.gif

I don't think this Christmas on DC will be as exciting for me as last year, since it was my first last year and I had to get all the old Christmas dragons. But I'm still looking forward to holly hunting and seeing the new dragons.

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

[ ] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[ ] Hollies (I got so lucky, omg...traded for IOUs for babies from him and him)

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Winter Magis: breeding mine to CB silvers

Ribbon Dancers: I need to find a 2G from ribbon x green

Snowangels:

Yulebucks: I'm trying to get a 2G red nebula from yule, but if I can't in time I'll do this

Hollies:

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP?

Gifting, most likely!

Which is your favorite Xmas breed?

I love hollies and winter magi equally as much :3

What are you favorite Christmas pairings?

Winter Magi X silver

Ribbon Dancer X no clue, I don't really like them D:

Snowangel X gold, maybe?

Yulebucks X red nebula

Holly X winter

I love Christmas so I'm certainly looking forward to my 5th DC Christmas. biggrin.gif

(Wow, has it really been five already? I'm so glad I joined a little over a month before Yulebucks came out.)

I'm happy all I have to do is enjoy the new event and collect the new dragon, which I'm sure will be just as lovely as the rest.

I'm not planning anything and worrying about any lineages as I was with Halloween. So it's going to be a nice and relaxed event for me.

What Christmas dragons do you need to catch this year? Looking for any particular lineage?

Luckily I only need to get the new dragons. smile.gif

What are you planning on breeding your Christmas dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Winter Magi x Golden Wyvern

I'll be breeding one of my WM's to a Gold.

Ribbon Dancer x Vine

(Vines just go so well with Christmas dragons)

Snow Angel x Vine

I'll be breeding one of them to a Gold as well.

Yulebuck x Silver

And as for my Hollies, I have:

This lovely Thuwed lineage and This mirror lineage

Those are my favorite pairings for those dragons so that's what I'll be breeding them to. ^__^

I will most likely just be breeding and announcing them on the departure thread.

I have plans for my Hollies. At least one of them is being gifted, like last year, since both were caught here from the departure threads.

I'm in love with all of them, honestly.

Yulebucks were my first event dragon on DC so they hold a special place in my heart. tongue.gif

[ ] Winter Magis

[x] Ribbon Dancers

[x] Snowangels

[x] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies

I don't really look for a particular lineage, I just want to get the pixels. p:

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

I have to get the dragons first. But if I get multiclutches from my own breeding, they will obviously end up in the AP.

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that!)

As I said in the previous question.

What do you think this year’s event will be?

I have no idea, but it will be awesome for sure.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I don't know but I wish there was more blue color. We usually get white, gold/yellow, green, red. I like the past holiday dragons however the said color pattern is slowly getting boring.

Ribbon Dancers (alts<3) and Winter Magis.

Winter Magi X Golden Wyvern

Ribbon Dancer X Blusang maybe?

Snowangel X White

Yulebucks X White! or Pink, old and new

Holly X Skywing or Winter (Seasonal)

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year?

Last year I saw one or two Hollies in the AP and obviously didn't get any, so I bet this year will be the same.

I've already reached my limit or everything except hollies of course, so I just need to catch them.

Well, let's say

- 2x 2nd or 3rd even gen hollies = dream goal

- 1x long, messy and inbred holly = more realistic goal

- 0x holly = what I will probably get rolleyes.gif

My dragons are

2nd gen snowangel x white http://dragcave.net/lineage/F3eH

2nd gen snowangel x red http://dragcave.net/lineage/a78v

2nd gen yule x harvest http://dragcave.net/lineage/K3bl

2nd gen yule x purple dorsal http://dragcave.net/lineage/2GnhD

Which I plan breeding to get 3rd even checkered lineages

cb ribbon - will be bred with vine

cb ribbon - will be bred with red

2x cb winter magi - have not decided yet. I may breed them with a gold wyvern and with a blusang if I don't have different requests

Probably tri-color snowangel

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I think some Chinese kind dragon, very colorful to remind Christmas festoons

I need Hollies. Like every year xd.png Two years ago I saw none, last year I saw a couple, now maybe this year I'll catch one.

[x] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[x] Hollies (As if I will actually catch a Holly xd.png)

Winter Magis:

Ribbon Dancers: I'm not sure what I'm going to breed my RDs too. Any suggestions? I usually pair them with my BBWs but I'm not sure.

Snowangels:I might make a Snow Angel x Deepsea stairstep but unfortunately I don't have a CB stripe for my other Snow Angel

Yulebucks: If I can get my paws on a CB white, I'll start off a Yulebuck x White stairstep

Hollies:

(If you are open to taking requests from your dragons or looking for a trade, feel free to post that!)

I'm going to dump them in the AP or gift, most likely. Of course, all my dragons are open to breeding so if anyone wants any reserved, I can.

I'm not sure, perhaps more decorating, maybe Christmas cards?

I think possibly some kind of snow dragon, as we only really have Ices and Winter Seasonals (Snow Angels are more angelic than snowy). I think Mistletoe might be a nice idea though, a kissy dragon! x3

Tri-colour Snow Angel or Holly... though I have no Hollies and only White and Gold Snow Angels, my least favourite! x3

I honestly haven't seen very many, so I'm not sure. I do like my Yulebuck x White and Snow Angel x Stripe I have, though. They look very pretty. It's a shame i've no CB yules/snow angels or Stripes to continue them though

As difficult as it is every year, see one or two hollies and everyone divebombs for em x3

I know a person from another forum, she got a CB Holly from last year's contest, and she bred it a few times, also for gifting. But she has not ben on for at least 6 months... I'm hoping she'll breed it at least, even if she does not gift the eggs.

I missed two Xmas (3 if we count 2007), so I'll be catching Winter Magis and Ribbon Dancers. My Yulebucks already have a place to stay but my Snow Angels are still looking for a home. Either that or I will drop them in the AP.

I will also aim for Hollies, I will try to get it with gifts, since I don't really have any trading possiblities.

Yay I was waiting for a thread like this !

[X] Winter Magis (2 of them. 2nd gens, pretty pairings)

[X] Ribbon Dancers (hopefully 2, 2nd gens from pretty pairings)

[ ] Snowangels (I have a pair already)

[X] Yulebucks (I need 1, and I think I will breed him from mine, even though he will have an ugly lineage, he will probably have more meaning to me. But I'll decide when I see how easy Yulebucks are to catch)

[ ] Hollies (I don't really care for them, and with how in demand they are, I don't expect to see any.)

Winter Magis: Don't have any.

Ribbon Dancers: Don't have any.

Snowangels: I will breed both, the babies will be 2nd gen. Unless I change my mind, a CB stripe for one, and a CB Frill for the other.

Yulebucks: I will breed mine but his lineage isn't very pretty, and I might keep his offspring depending on how hard Yulebucks are to catch.

Hollies: Don't have any.

Well... I was planning on just dumping the Snow Angel eggs in the AP, but if anyone really wants one, just shoot me a PM and I'll consider gifting them to you. Still not sure what I will do with the Yulebuck baby as I realize his lineage is not spectacular.

Decorating probably ? Not sure, I missed all the previous Christmas events, this will be my first. I was hoping it would start earlier because I am lonely and need something to keep my spirits up, and around Christmas itself I will be very busy, but it seems it won't be that way. I'm really not feeling the Christmas spirit so an event would have helped build the anticipation. Oh well. Fingers crossed it will start soon.

Someone has said something about a gingerbread house, that would be really fun ! Of course it's hard to predict what it would be, but I think I'll be content either way.

Hmmm, I have no clue... Haven't really thought about that. Might come back and edit if I have an idea.

It's a tie between Snow Angels and Winter Magis. We'll see if this year's dragon measures up to them. The Yulebuck hachies are extra cute too.

I'm not sure, I'm not very good at thinking up pairings. Anything that has Christmas colours would be good ? So, Golden Wyverns and Stripes in particular, and any red, green, white or gold coloured dragon.

No idea, I wasn't there for the last Christmas hunts so I have nothing to compare with. Probably very difficult judging from the demand.

Edited by Anna Selka

If someone happens to contact me about any of my christmas dragons I will be more then happy to breed them specifically for that person. But, my plans are to breed them as nicely as I can, and send them off to the AP smile.gif

[1 ] Snowangels- I have two, but one of them doesn't have a good lineage for making pretty babies, so I may abandon him and hunt for a nicer one. Also, I really like hunting for dragons, so it will be fun

[ 2] Hollies- Like that's gonna happen. I'm not going to ask anyone to give one to me this year because I'm not actually that fond of them. I still want two because I'm competitive and need them to be on my scroll.

I really don't know. I'm gonna go with... caroling.

I really like big sturdy dragons, so that would be cool. Or maybe even a glass dragon. Like an ornament?

Snowangel

Winter Magi X White

Ribbon Dancer X Brimstone/BBW

Snowangel X Daydream

Yulebucks X Neotropicals

Holly X I don't know, I've never had a holly so I haven't thought about breeding them

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year? Difficult just like every other year. I don't have very high hopes for catching one.

Edited by Oakash

[ ] Winter Magis (already have 2)

[ ] Ribbon Dancers (already have 2)

[ ] Snowangels (already have 2)

[ ] Yulebucks (already have 2)

[X] Hollies (this is the only one that I'm missing. Would really like a clean, even lineage of a shortish generation. As that's probably quite unlikey I'll settle for a slightly messy lineage, but it must be clean)

Winter Magis: Breeding both - one with a Lumina and the other with a Sunstone. They'll be 2nd gen - eg http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n and http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

Ribbon Dancers: Breeding both with Heartseekers. They'll be 2nd gen - eg http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

Snowangels: Breeding both, one with Sweetling and the other with Lumina. Will be 2nd gen - eg http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n and http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

Yulebucks: Breeding both, father and son. Father with Black to produce 3rd gen, son with '09 Valentine to produce 4th gen - eg http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n and http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

Hollies: Don't have any

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Xmas eggs in the AP? I'd like to be able to trade one for a nice Holly, otherwise I'll gift where possible (I'm in the UK so would have to work something out with any time differences). Any extras will of course go the AP.

If someone needs to trade their (not inbred) Holly egg for a 2nd gen Snow Angel, Ribbon Dancer or Winter Magi, I'll be more than happy to exchange smile.gif They can also request a 3rd or 4th gen Yulebuck for a Holly.

What do you think this year’s event will be? I'll guess at decorating something, or maybe something similar to this year's Valentine card gifting?

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? Another all male breed would be nice smile.gif Expecting 'traditional' Christmas colours to continue, but something completely different would definitely give us some interesting options for breeding them next year!

Which is your favorite Xmas breed? Difficult to pick a favourite, but probably the Ribbon Dancers.

Winter Magi X Lumina

Ribbon Dancer X Heartseekers if they like each other, otherwise Red

Snowangel X regular Gold or Golden Wyvern

Yulebucks X '09 Valentine, Black, White or Red

Holly X anything with plenty of red or green

Very difficult as always, but anything could happen... I'm already on the list at The Ghosts of Christmas Past thread, so if the AP hunt is unsuccessful perhaps I'll have some luck there or on another gifting list if one opens. Otherwise it's all down to a possible trade if I can breed something that's worth trading.

Edited by Tanya9771

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[X] Hollies

Winter Magis: Probably Sunstones.

Ribbon Dancers: Hellfires or Shadow Walkers.

Snowangels: Canopys.

Yulebucks: Either with another holiday dragon or a white.

Hollies:

I tend to just dump them as most Christmases are pretty common now but if anybody wants to request one then that's fine with me.

Either another raffle or a different skill-based contest.

Not sure, hopefully a slightly different one to past years. Like what the Cavern Lurker did.

Snowangels for sure, but followed by the Winter Magi.

Winter Magi X Sunstone.

Ribbon Dancer X Shadow Walker or Heartseeker

Snowangel X Canopy

Yulebucks X White

Holly X White

Hopefully easier than last year's since there are more around. I just want to see one at least.

Edited by sarahfish89

[ X] Winter Magis

[ X] Ribbon Dancers

[ X] Snowangels

[ X] Yulebucks

[ X] Hollies

I just started playing in July so I have NO Christmas dragons at all yet ;_;. Luckily I was able to get my silver trophy before Christmas so hopefully I'll be able catch a few of each (especially because I'm sure that I won't be getting any Hollies xd.png)

I'm really excited for the event. I hope will be a contest since I missed out on last year's.

[ ] Winter Magis

[ ] Ribbon Dancers

[ ] Snowangels

[ ] Yulebucks

[X] Hollies

Have no Holly, hoping for one this year. I'll worry about the lineage after getting one xd.png Other than that, my only non-CB X-Mas is the Yule, but he's a 2ndGen so we're OK

Winter Magis: Haven't decided yet

Ribbon Dancers: Not sure, Ribbon DancerxGolden Wyvern seems pretty, so I might stick with that

Snowangels: StripexSnow Angel They're one of my most reliable breeding pairs.

Yulebucks:YulebuckXSkywing checker

Hollies:To be decided when I have one

Usually, I dump all my X-mas eggs to the AP. I'm still a bit peeved about someone killing my Yule eggs last year, but meh I still find AP gifting to be fun. Still, if someone PMs me asking for an egg, I won't say no.

All you can eat chocolate xd.png *Joking*. Not sure, I want to be surprised.

Same as above.

The Yulebuck hatchie is just plain adorable.

I'm not sure, since most of the times, I chose mates on the spot, it's more of a spur of the moment thing. Though I really like StripexSnow Angel, since as I said above, they're one of my best breeding pairs and they look pretty together.

There are more Hollies floating around so it should be easier than last year. But who knows, I'm not getting my hopes up.

[ ] Hollies ~ Just these guys

Winter Magis: gold or frill

Ribbon Dancers:gold or frill

Snowangels: gold or frill

Yulebucks: gold

Hollies: Do not have

I try and gift away everything, I dont feel its in the Christmas spirit for me to take anything for a holiday. So If some one see this and wants anything specific, feel more then free to pm me and ask.

What do you think this year’s event will be? Some body mentioned a gingerbread house, that would be super cool.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? A saint nick or evergreen dragon.

Which is your favorite Xmas breed? ribbon dancers

Winter Magi X gold

Ribbon Dancer X gold

Snowangel X gold

Yulebucks X gold or frill

Holly X gold

How difficult do you think the holly hunt will be this year? Hard, i've been at it a while and I have tried pathetically hard in past years to no luck.

I received some questions about this thread. To clarify this is a discussion topic not a trade or gifting topic.

Do not use this thread to trade or gift eggs or to request eggs. This is a discussion thread not a gifting/trading thread.

I received some questions about this thread. To clarify this is a discussion topic not a trade or gifting topic.

Do not use this thread to trade or gift eggs or to request eggs. This is a discussion thread not a gifting/trading thread.

This is correct. You may post that you are planning to gift/breed for others this year or that you will be hunting for a particular breed/lineage, but anything else must be handled privately though PMs or gifting/trading groups once holiday breeding begins.

EDIT: I've added rubyshoes's quote to the first post for emphasis and made a minor change to the questionnaire to avoid confusion.

Edited by aangs-sister

This is correct. You may post that you are planning to gift/breed for others this year or that you will be hunting for a particular breed/lineage, but anything else must be handled privately though PMs or gifting/trading groups once holiday breeding begins. I've added rubyshoes's quote to the first post for emphasis.

Thank you. smile.gif

Our other concern is that lineages and codes of "catches" should be posted in the existing threads such as lineages found in the AP, congrats or cool code threads (once the holidays start breeding of course) and not in this thread. If they are posted here this thread becomes a duplicate of those rather than its intended "speculation and discussion" thread.

No problem. I've now removed that part, since it hasn't started yet and would make no change to the thread.

Thank you very much smile.gif I appreciate it.

Edited by rubyshoes