stogucheme

DC Gold

Should a currency economy be added to DC? Please choose the option that BEST fits your opinion. If you null your voice isn't being heard.  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While the ratios could stay intact with this idea, it would directly influence the players not using this new currency.

Why? Because every dragon bought from a store would mean one less dropped in the cave. It's damn hard to get a cb metallic as it is, now imagine every second one just does not drop because it is bought instead... This could easily spiral into no Gold drops, because people are then even more dedicated to getting golds in the store instead of in the biomes.

That's why I suggested - somewhere else - that shop dragons should not count towards the ratios. (Their offspring should, though. And they should be subject to the same breeding ratios as their non-shop brethren.)

(and there i thought you were against this idea from previous posts... boy was i wrong. smile.gif
The way it was suggested, I was dead set against it, as there were too many problems with that - inflation, heavy restrictions... You name it. Then I thought about what it would take to make it work, starting from scratch - and I arrived at the post above. (I'll go edit it to include the thing about shop dragons not counting towards the ratios, though.)

I don't think that someone will stop loving water horses just because they're cheap by cave standards. That person loves them despite them being blockers now, so why would they be bothered by the fact that they don't cost a fortune?

Why would an in-game shop mess up her breeding of water horses or their motivation to do so? Personally, I'd breed even more of them for my perfect lineage and save the gold I got for raising them for the CB gold I can't seem to get any other way. (Okay, so it's not water horses for me, but more like daydreams and skywings and waters and the occasional bluna or shallow water at the moment - but this doesn't change the basic principle.)

You didn't get the point at all.

I'm talking about her game style changing to what the cave is MAKING her play as. Not as she chooses, but what the cave is making her do.

That is what I was getting at. That this suggestion would ruin DC for many who like to play as they do now and adding currency would likely mess them up and for some would make them lose interest in the game.

Why? Because others (with less internet, worse reflexes and less determination to camp out in the cave for however long it takes) will be able to get (for raising endless commons) the same they get their way?

Also, in which way would that water horse lover's play style be affected? What, exactly, is the cave making her do if there's in-game money? You're right, I don't get it right now.

Edited by olympe

Why? Because others (with less internet, worse reflexes and less determination to camp out in the cave for however long it takes) will be able to get (for raising endless commons) the same they get their way?

Also, in which way would that water horse lover's play style be affected?

If they have that much of a problem getting eggs they can ask on the forums if needed. I'd be glad to help. I been breeding eggs for people as gifts.

That isn't the issue at all. It's how much it'll change the game that is the issue. If it became a currency for an egg site I'd probably quit. Currency is the worst thing that could probably be added to the cave in my opinion.

They wouldn't be able to collect the eggs they want as they see fit if the prices on them aren't that cheap. So why should she be punished by having to PAY for an egg that she could have gotten for practically free before?

Doesn't buying eggs from a shop go against the spontaneous egg creation rule? Even if it requires work to get the gold to buy those dragons, so does raising trios to summon GoNs--and yet TJ has still stated he's rather against anything else like that being brought into play.

Even if you disregard that, I still really don't like this because all the methods proposed so far are overly complicated.

Price caps and bid maximums are complicated and likely won't work because people aren't going to want to trade super rares for the gold equivalent of raising 75 commons, which any gold trophy player can do in a month.

Removing said price caps allows for people to charge high prices, which... some things deserve to have, honestly, but apparently some people think it's an issue, but the point is it wouldn't be very different from how trading currently is and thus isn't worth the bother of implementing.

And the last option of just using gold to buy eggs from a cave shop ruins the whole concept of some things being hard to get. Gathering the goods to trade for a CB Metal requires real effort--you usually have to trade and breed and catch to have all the goods at once necessary to equate a CB Metal in worth. Rearing a handful of common hatchies to cash in for a Gold at the store, not so much. As a result there are too many rares in the system and the whole concept of rarity ceases to exist. Even if store bought dragons didn't count towards the ratios, their offspring likely would--unless you would like to suggest they and all their descendants remain untied to the system forever? Then you'd need to create an entirely different ratio system to keep store bought things in balance. Dumb.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Okay, IMO, this could work without completely wrecking the game if done in this way:

Gold can be earned by raising eggs to adulthood. The more eggs you raise, the more gold you get. Maybe the dragon gives you a coin from its hoard as a "thanks" for adopting and raising it. Iunno.

Gold wouldn't be transferrable between users. No gold for trading purposes. You'd use it to buy useful things at the "market" or something, but I don't like the idea of using it to trade.

If said hypothetical gold system were put in place, any hypothetical DC shop shouldn't sell eggs. At all. Eggs are caught, not bought.

Things a shop COULD sell, though:

-A mailbox or similar thing to send/receive messages from other users.

-Parchment, to write your messages to other users on.

-Potions for various things, something to make hatchlings grow faster/reduce breeding or BSA cooldowns/whatever.

-Zombie exorcism equipment?

-Scroll ornamentation items (gemstones, flowers, paints, etc.).

-Temporary extra things (temporary extra hatchling freezes, a temporary extra egg slot for bred eggs, I dunno)

-Allowance for a third BRED holiday dragon (with some sort of limit, like you can only buy one space per year, and/or only one per breed, or it would be expensive, or some other thing).

These are all things users have suggested in one form or another, so they're things people want and would spend gold on - and it would give people incentives to pick up and raise eggs.

But, I do not support the use of gold for trading. That would just mess up this entire system.

Just my opinion.

They wouldn't be able to collect the eggs they want as they see fit if the prices on them aren't that cheap. So why should she be punished by having to PAY for an egg that she could have gotten for practically free before?
I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean for an egg shop to replace the cave - I meant it as an additional way to obtain eggs. So, like before, a water horse will probably just as easy to get as it is now.

Price caps and bid maximums are complicated and likely won't work because people aren't going to want to trade super rares for the gold equivalent of raising 75 commons, which any gold trophy player can do in a month.
I'm totally against this system, too. That's why I suggested a different one - which I thought people were discussing with me. (Here's a link if you want to know what I was talking about. xd.png That also explains how pricing would be influenced by a cave shop. (Would you honestly be willing to pay more for a lineaged gold than a CB gold that you could get in the shop - unless it was a super-duper-specially-rare lineage like 2nd gen gold from holly or something?)

Gathering the goods to trade for a CB Metal requires real effort--you usually have to trade and breed and catch to have all the goods at once necessary to equate a CB Metal in worth. Rearing a handful of common hatchies to cash in for a Gold at the store, not so much.
Personally, I was never talking about "rearing a handful of common hatchies to cash in for a gold", but for a couple of hundred commons - up to 1000. That takes a long time - 41 weeks for a gold player with endless incubates (without trading). So, even if you cash in the money equivalent of 1000 commons for one gold, it wouldn't mess with the ratios all that much because you raised more than enough commons to make up for it. Only you would be the one to benefit from your commons raising spree, not some unnamed person with the fastest click or net. And you'd be guaranteed an elusive CB instead of running the risk of getting a messy-lineaged inbred, as can happen to you with any of the "raise commons - get rares" threads.

The waterhorse lover could still get waterhorse eggs from the cave for free. The shop idea isn't meant to replace the cave, but to be a supplement.

It would take work to earn a shop-born gold, you would have to raise a ton of commons-think more like a couple gross than a handful. The price for them would need to be high enough that it still took time and effort to earn it, so that you still felt some sense of accomplishment. Frankly I'd be happier earning a CB gold by months of small tedious tasks than by hoping that I would get lucky enough that in the small amount of time I spend cave-hunting a gold would drop and no one else hunting at the time has better internet or hardware than me. I've got a really nice computer and awfully fast internet and it's still pretty much guaranteed that I will never catch a CB metal because I have miserable luck and I'm usually not refreshing the cave for hours a day.

It is spontaneous egg creation, I said that when I first added the shop idea to the currency suggestion, but spontaneous egg creation is just something TJ has said he doesn't like--using currency, real or virtual, to buy eggs from anyone is actually against the ToS, so this entire thread is operating under the premise that at least one rule would be changed if this was a good enough idea to use.

Shop-born eggs would simply have to not count for the ratios. Their offspring would count of course, but they would be just as unlikely to breed as any other gold would.

All this being said, I still don't quite actually support the idea of currency, I just think this would be a really interesting idea if we could work out all the kinks, and it's fun to discuss.

Edited by Sadako

Olympe my issue with that is--if everyone starts rearing dragons and keeping them to get gold to go buy stuff from a shop, then most people don't bother trading directly with other people any more and the current system falls apart. sad.gif

Olympe my issue with that is--if everyone starts rearing dragons and keeping them to get gold to go buy stuff from a shop, then most people don't bother trading directly with other people any more and the current system falls apart. sad.gif

That's kind of what I would fear, too.

That and HOW WOULD VALUES BE SET ?

DC ain't broken. It works.

That's kind of what I would fear, too.

That and HOW WOULD VALUES BE SET ?

DC ain't broken. It works.

Another valid point. Golds and Silvers have an obvious worth, but trickier things like Blacks and Stripes (fake rares), Seasonals (temporary rares), and Trios (Thunders are usually considered less rare than the others due to their biome)... Prices could be programmed to match with ratios, in theory, but it'd be a very bouncy system.

What about the users who have have set scroll goals? Some users for example collect two CB pairs of every breed. Shopping for eggs would kill their chances to obtain CB rares, unless they changed their playing style.

As far as ratios go; I think you are underestemating the number of users. Sure, if we had to collect 1000 dragons for one gold, in the first year there wouldn't be any damage to the ratios. And then hundreds of players would all of a sudden purchase their gold. One dragon in a year doesn't sound much and it doesn't sound like somerhing that can throw the ratio out of whack. But, you have to multiply that with a number of users who would love to get that rare, and then it becomes really big number.

Well, there are always lineages. For example, I'm working (on and off) on a daydream even-gen lineage where half the CB ancestors are holiday dragons. If I only take my own CB holiday dragons - 20 plus whatever I keep from this Halloween - I won't get beyond 6th generation for over a year - despite daydreams being really common. Not blocker-common, but very common. So, in order to get where I want to get, I need other people to help me out. True, right now, most people offer to gift me because, well, it's just daydreams. tongue.gif But I wouldn't mind giving an appropriate amount of gold or a nice egg (as defined by the other player) in return - within reason, that is.

I think that many other players would still value lineaged dragons, especially if they fit their own lineages. I'm sure trying to get mates for my newly acquired Halloween dragons - for example, I still need a mate for this lady here - and I would be willing to pay - either in eggs or gold. And it would be impossible to buy that from DC. Sure, I could breed her a brother to mate with, but since I don't want to inbreed that lineage... xd.png

Anyway, to make a long story short, trading will still be an important part of the game. Only you wouldn't have to trade for CBs any more. (People might still offer them for less than the cave in order to increase their gold hoard, but that isn't such a bad thing, either. Or is it?)

Well, there are always lineages. For example, I'm working (on and off) on a daydream even-gen lineage where half the CB ancestors are holiday dragons. If I only take my own CB holiday dragons - 20 plus whatever I keep from this Halloween - I won't get beyond 6th generation for over a year - despite daydreams being really common. Not blocker-common, but very common. So, in order to get where I want to get, I need other people to help me out. True, right now, most people offer to gift me because, well, it's just daydreams. tongue.gif But I wouldn't mind giving an appropriate amount of gold or a nice egg (as defined by the other player) in return - within reason, that is.

I think that many other players would still value lineaged dragons, especially if they fit their own lineages. I'm sure trying to get mates for my newly acquired Halloween dragons - for example, I still need a mate for this lady here - and I would be willing to pay - either in eggs or gold. And it would be impossible to buy that from DC. Sure, I could breed her a brother to mate with, but since I don't want to inbreed that lineage... xd.png

Anyway, to make a long story short, trading will still be an important part of the game. Only you wouldn't have to trade for CBs any more. (People might still offer them for less than the cave in order to increase their gold hoard, but that isn't such a bad thing, either. Or is it?)

The thing is I'm worried that if we get a money system like you are suggesting suddenly users will quit being generous. Suddenly that daydream is a way of getting gold to buy a cb gold with. So they'll make you trade for them because they aren't going to give something of value away. This would ruin gifting threads, because suddenly no one wants to gift because they need to raise dragons to buy themselves a cb gold. Also (someone with programing knowledge correct me if I'm wrong) all dragons on scrolls count toward ratios if they are under one year old, it would be very difficult to make a dragon that comes from the shop not count without chances of gliches that would be hard to catch.

Think back (wasn't here then but some older people were) to when breeding wasn't affected by ratios, just the raw chance to get an egg and cb golds and silvers weren't dropping in the cave. If you have a glich that has to do with ratios it will take a large amount of time to fix.

Also (someone with programing knowledge correct me if I'm wrong) all dragons on scrolls count toward ratios if they are under one year old, it would be very difficult to make a dragon that comes from the shop not count without chances of gliches that would be hard to catch.
Actually, the coding for that should already be in place - for old and new pinks. Old pinks are obviously different, as they are a female-only breed and have a bright pink sprite. However, they still manage to breed new pinks.

So, why not do the same for shop eggs? The shop egg would count as a different breed (think old pink), but have the same sprites and descriptions as the regular breed (unlike the pinks) and only ever produce the regular breed (like bright pinks only produce pale pink eggs). And, yes, they should be able to produce offspring of their mate's breed, too. Naturally.

Think back (wasn't here then but some older people were) to when breeding wasn't affected by ratios, just the raw chance to get an egg and cb golds and silvers weren't dropping in the cave. If you have a glich that has to do with ratios it will take a large amount of time to fix.
Don't remind me! I've seen more than one metallic draught by now, and I'd say we're in the midst of the third (or fourth?). When I started 3 years ago, it was shortly after TJ discovered a glitch in the metallic ratios, and it took over 1.5 years for the ratios to even out again. Then they finally appeared again, only to all but disappear again when TJ realized that the ratios weren't enforced for breeding purposes. And yet, with the tiny cosmetical trick above, this should work. Hopefully.

So they'll make you trade for them because they aren't going to give something of value away. This would ruin gifting threads, because suddenly no one wants to gift because they need to raise dragons to buy themselves a cb gold.
On the one hand, I wouldn't mind giving something in return, it only seems fair. And yet, I wouldn't stop gifting because of currency. (Okay, so I'm not big on gifting because I hardly ever have anything worth gifting - but when I have something, I gift about half the time. Not NDs, though. tongue.gif) Edited by olympe

Actually, the coding for that should already be in place - for old and new pinks. Old pinks are obviously different, as they are a female-only breed and have a bright pink sprite. However, they still manage to breed new pinks.

So, why not do the same for shop eggs? The shop egg would count as a different breed (think old pink), but have the same sprites and descriptions as the regular breed (unlike the pinks) and only ever produce the regular breed (like bright pinks only produce pale pink eggs). And, yes, they should be able to produce offspring of their mate's breed, too. Naturally.

Don't remind me! I've seen more than one metallic draught by now, and I'd say we're in the midst of the third (or fourth?). When I started 3 years ago, it was shortly after TJ discovered a glitch in the metallic ratios, and it took over 1.5 years for the ratios to even out again. Then they finally appeared again, only to all but disappear again when TJ realized that the ratios weren't enforced for breeding purposes. And yet, with the tiny cosmetical trick above, this should work. Hopefully.

On the one hand, I wouldn't mind giving something in return, it only seems fair. And yet, I wouldn't stop gifting because of currency. (Okay, so I'm not big on gifting because I hardly ever have anything worth gifting - but when I have something, I gift about half the time. Not NDs, though. tongue.gif)

The coding is probably set to 0 on the bright pinks and frills. I have no idea how pale pinks come from that (probably some rule that if it lands in bright pink area it spits out a pale pink egg instead) but then store bought dragons would have to have another identity attached, and that alone can cause problems. Would two store bought dragons refuse because they each can only spit out their mates breed or the other breed they are assigned? Would they actually end up breeding more than they should (breeding their true idedentity in the code by accident?)

Also I'm aware of the droughts I was bringing it up because this could cause a bigger one if suddenly there are 100 extra golds who are being bred each week that didn't count toward the ratios but their children do. Causing more people to be frustrated when they obtain one as they can't use it for lineages.

As for the gifting, I really believe that once you attach money and value to something in a game most people won't give it away or only give it to friends. Think about it this way. The Holly Contest focuses on catching BBW's and the person who catches and raises the most wins. Most people who are in that contest are not going to just give away BBW's unless they need the egg space because they want to win the Holly. The BBW has an outside worth.

But if all dragons had an outside worth to be raised you may see a thread where people offer common hatchlings for cheap to help newbes but you won't have the out and out gifting to random people, only to friends because the value is so high outside of the value the egg/hatchling has to you.

I really don't much care for this idea. Just by reading this thread, trying to understand how all the caps, limits and so forth would work, the coding for this sounds like it would lag the sight horribly. That and i like how it's set now. I don't see how the site is broken.

Store bought eggs I am completly against for multipul reasons. One, it utterly destroys the ratio system the cave is run by. Two, it is considered spontanious egg creation, aka, gantereed egg without fighting others for it. Both of these are something to be avoided and TJ did state no more spontanious egg creation, that the GoN summon is the only one to be.

I would not like the addition of an in game currency to DC. It would entirely change the way the game functions, and I like how it functions right now.

Edited by Stromboli

Yes--because there shouldn't be a "their way" instituted for every person who can't get what they want within the confines of the game. That's what suggestions like these tend to boil down to: people who see themselves at a disadvantage--whether it's through slower reflexes, connection, or the time they can put into the game--want a way to get certain dragons. And that way usually changes or hinders game play as it is in a major way.

The basic purpose of this game is to catch and raise dragons. The cool thing about DC is that even if I don't have the fastest connection or reflexes (which I personally don't), I can still get rares through a bit of luck and a lot of patience and determination. The cooler things about DC is, if I can't do that, there's an awesome community that can help without fundamentally changing the way the game works. We can trade or gift. We can set our own values for trade. We can set our own values for gifting (such as the cave-blocker projects). All of this is already done without changing how people play and without forcing values onto the community.

Edit: To also allow people to buy something which is difficult to catch devalues the 'catching' aspect of the game. People already get something for raising a certain number of dragons--a badge. To give them currency with which to buy something that is extremely difficult to catch simply for raising a certain number of dragons devalues that dragon for me if I caught it (if that makes sense? I'm a bit tired here. xd.png)

Edited by fainewebbe

Can anyone explain to me the difference between getting a rare dragon for raising commons for one of the cave clearance thread and buying a rare dragon with currency earned by raising commons?  Assuming the rares and commons are linked to the ratios in both scenarios, I don't think there *is* a difference (other than you'll likely get a bred rare with the first method and a CB with the second). Especially if bought eggs don't generate currency (and they shouldn't imo).  Don't some of those threads already rate commons with points values? 5 points for an Albino, 10 for a Waterwalker, or whatever?  You raise the dragons, total your points and "buy" your rare.  This'd be the site keeping an official score of that and encouraging players to collect those dragons with an actual mechanic. There are enough threads about trying to achieve that exact goal.  The Cave would still need to exist or where are those commons going to come from?  You'd hardly be expected to buy them, or indeed anything else if you have the time to sit and hunt for what you want.  DC, when you get right down to it, is all about time - time spent catching or breeding a desired egg, hatching that egg, raising the hatchling.  We choose how to spend our time in a way that benefits our goals, and we already have mechanics in place to modify the time for certain things to take place (incubate, I'm looking at you, influence and fertility have an effect too). If the pricing management is done right, a shop isn't going to mean that CB Golds will be as easy to buy as CB Balloons - most people simply wouldn't be able to afford them without raising a serious amount of commons.  They may prefer to find a trade on the forums or camp the main Cave instead - it might suit their playstyle better.

Because in player generated contests/games/whatever they should be called, the eggs being offered as prizes already exist or will naturally exist at some point. In buying these from a store, this forces one to be made not naturally, so to speak. It's not one that was going to pop up in the cave or in a breeding. It's one that a player offered money for and so now exists, forcing lower numbers of this breed in cave grabbing or breeding. This is dipping into ratios and pulling eggs away from regular gameplay so they can exist in this store. This makes currency not optional and forces the game to go a different route than it does now.

As for rating eggs with points on those threads - as is our idea of common/uncommon/rare dragons - these are user dependent, not game supported. TJ has been adamant in that the game does not have an idea of common/uncommon/rare like we do. There are ratios, sure, but we users are the ones who place values on dragons by how much they are liked, how often we see them in the cave, and how easy it is to breed or catch them. Adding some kind of value system like this to the cave, again, changes the whole way the cave works. Now we have official values and rarities, so to speak. So now this suggestion not only changes the ratios, as explained above, but it also changes trading, as now we'll have an official basis on what to ask for what.

We could unlink shop ratios from cave and breeding ratios, but this still changes how the game works and defeats the purpose of the store. This would mean that only so many people could get x type of dragon from the store or that you would have to depend on currency + x chance that you'll get the dragon. The point of the store is to make it available to all, so this obviously won't work.

Or, as suggested later on from this quote, store dragons could just not count towards the ratios. But this still changes the whole way the game works. Now we have dragons that are essentially worth nothing that just take a little time and effort and you are guaranteed on. But since they're not a part of the ratios and therefore can't have any kind of common/uncommon/rare status, this is also going to strongly affect trading and even lineages. Trading because you know we are going to have people that are going to want 'real' gold eggs, not some 'cheap store' gold egg, so now trading is going to get picky and hard in determining the difference in these or just being paranoid that all trades you're asking for you did work for your side of the offer, but not the same amount of work went into the other side of the offer, making it unfair for you to accept. Lineages because, well, look already at the emphasis we place on these. Deadlines you basically can't get anything for in trade. Spriters alts are more wanted because there's less of them. Dragons have to match exactly to be thought of as pretty (so on the bottom of the lineage there is a deep sea x gold instead of a royal blue x gold as the rest of the lineage is and so it's less ideal, for example). Look at the controversy in the ascension thread over whether or not to show sprites as ascended in lineage view or not. Some are for yes because they feel it would make more sense and other things already change in lineages (dead, unnamed, zombified). Some are for no because they feel this would ruin the look of the lineage they may have worked hard on. I can easily see people valuing lineages that took more time and effort to create (ie they had to grab and breed) than lineages where someone "cheated" and just bought the dragon they needed, rather than 'working' for it. So this changes the whole game of trading and lineages and even the very basis and point of having ratios. Why should we have ratios in cave and breeding if you can just raise some dragons and easily buy it in the store?

Also, as this was mentioned earlier, I just wanted to comment on it: overpricing in trades. It was talked about how things are already overpriced, so what did it matter, and it was pointed out that people are willing to pay it so obviously it's not overpriced.

The problem with this is, once someone rises to the occasion and decided to pay for it because they really want it, now that person knows they can get what they want for a dragon that many could feel is overpriced. So now users have no choice to bend to this and pay the demands to get an egg. Whichever tinsel it was that the original owner's scroll got burned and the dragon had only produced one 2g tinsel, so the person with that tinsel was free to demand whatever. For the longest time, I don't believe they got anything. But people grumbled because they needed it to complete their tinsel goals. So I believe the community finally came together to meet the demands of the offer and get some more people with descendents from the lineage so they could spread it for less pay or gift it to users. Yes, people were willing to overpay, but that didn't change the fact that they thought it was overpriced but couldn't find a way around that to get the egg without overpaying.

A lot of the reason I don't trade much is because I am not the type of person who can just go out and catch what people are looking for, nor am I likely to have 5 hatchies of the dragon they're looking for sitting on my scroll waiting to be traded. I do find a lot of trades ridiculous, which is why when I offer trades, I always try to offer overpay on my side, because otherwise I don't get any offers.

However, all of this is userbased. A lot of what I feel is overpay is simply because I suck at catching and I suck at remembering to sit in the cave and refresh until I find what I'm looking for. That doesn't make it actually overpriced, just overpriced to me because I can't make the offer. ;p So I agree a little with both sides. Yes, people ask for those things because there are people willing to pay that; however, that doesn't change the fact that not everyone is willing to or can pay that or that they don't find it overpriced. Currency is going to do nothing to fix this, though, IMO, unless we are looking for a complete overhaul of the game. No matter how currency is diced, especially if you tie it in with getting dragons, it is going to change the whole game. Now, I suppose there's some method here which may indeed offer a 'fix' to trading, but you can't deny that this will also change most other aspects of the game.

Also, overpriced is completely subjective anyway, as the value of dragons is pretty much completely user based.

I believe I had one more thing I wanted to attempt to discuss, but after all that, I've forgotten what it was. I think I've written enough for right now, anyway. :3

EDIT: Thought of it!

I was going to ask people to stop nitpicking for reasons of why people do or don't want a suggestion. Suggesting something that will improve your game (and so by extension the games of others like you) is kind of how we operate. "I do/not like it" or "I do/not want it" for supporting or not supporting a suggestion is completely valid. Some people just do not want currency and this is okay. Discussion on the reasons of how this would affect the game is fine, but let's please stop telling people their posts or opinions aren't valid just because they want or don't want it. Your opinion, how you feel about this, without any backing is okay. This is just a simple pixel game and we're allowed to let feeling tell us if the suggestion would improve our game or not. ^^

Now, if you're trying to ask for specific reasoning and someone replied to you without answering your question, it's okay to ask again or whatnot.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I don't like the idea of in game currency.

I keep seeing the idea of raising common dragons as a way to gain gold. Doesn't that just give more of an advantage to older, active players? I can raise 7 eggs at a time, and a newer player that could benefit from currency much more than I can raise 4 or 5 depending...I got more gold at a faster rate, since I also have red dragons that can Incubate.

Suddenly I have all the advantages. I have good reflexes, excellent internet, and no aversion to raising cave blockers(who decides which dragons give currency?) to gain gold.

I don't like the idea of in game currency.

I keep seeing the idea of raising common dragons as a way to gain gold. Doesn't that just give more of an advantage to older, active players? I can raise 7 eggs at a time, and a newer player that could benefit from currency much more than I can raise 4 or 5 depending...I got more gold at a faster rate, since I also have red dragons that can Incubate.

Suddenly I have all the advantages. I have good reflexes, excellent internet, and no aversion to raising cave blockers(who decides which dragons give currency?) to gain gold.

Older players already have the advantages no matter what way you look at it. Connections to other players which will allow them access to rare eggs regardless of whether there is gold or there isn't gold, internet speed, reflexes, knowledge, trophies and large breeding pool.

However, that's where it ends. Older players which are more inactive will be just as disadvantaged as newer players.

Edited by DarkEternity

I don't think the huge power this would grant older players can be pushed aside as, "Just one more thing, not like you don't already have it better."

Trading because you know we are going to have people that are going to want 'real' gold eggs, not some 'cheap store' gold egg, so now trading is going to get picky and hard in determining the difference in these or just being paranoid that all trades you're asking for you did work for your side of the offer, but not the same amount of work went into the other side of the offer, making it unfair for you to accept.\

I'm still dead against this, but one thing to deal with this specific issue would be that eggs from the store would say "bought on" instead of "bred/stolen on". That would make it an easy way to tell if the egg is a store-egg or a natural-egg.