olympe

Frankenstorm Gifting Thread

~updated to here~

I hope I haven't missed anyone!

May I please be removed from the "requesting help" list? I thought my area was in for an extended power outage, but the power only went out for about thirty minutes, so I should be able to help gift. (I'm really sorry for any trouble this causes.)

And I agree with BriarReed.

Edited by Athkore

Just as an update, I still have no power (I'm posting this from a library), and may not have any until Monday. So thank you so much for this thread! If I get power between now and Saturday, I'll re-post.

I have a question, how will we know when someone on the list is able to receive the egg/hatchling from the gifters? Are they supposed to post here?

I have a question, how will we know when someone on the list is able to receive the egg/hatchling from the gifters? Are they supposed to post here?

Olympe will have to post how she plans to do this. One possibility that occurred to me would be for us to:

Use the scroll link and PM link for each requester posted in the first post, look at the scroll to make sure they haven't gotten one yet, and PM them with your offer and track the PM. I suppose we should post here to indicate who we have offered them to, so everyone isn't making the offer to the first on the list. With the PMs tracked, you will know when they get read, which will presumably tell you they have power back.

But we will have to wait for official word from Olympe on what she plans.

All right, we weathered Sandy, lost power for 3 days, trees down everywhere but thankfully no one hurt in my neighborhood or among friends & family, and now the lights are back on!

Internet & cable are still somewhat iffy - they originally said 7-10 days before we'd get power back, so I'm hoping to be on for the postponed egg catching (YAY! Thanks so much, TJ!).

Still intending to gift a couple of hatchies if they're needed, and wishing everyone else affected by Sandy scraped by with as much luck as we did here. wub.gif

Olympe will have to post how she plans to do this. One possibility that occurred to me would be for us to:

Use the scroll link and PM link for each requester posted in the first post, look at the scroll to make sure they haven't gotten one yet, and PM them with your offer and track the PM. I suppose we should post here to indicate who we have offered them to, so everyone isn't making the offer to the first on the list. With the PMs tracked, you will know when they get read, which will presumably tell you they have power back.

I must admit that I haven't given that much thought to it yet. blink.gif

How about this variation:

Someone who hasn't been able to catch Halloween eggs on Saturday comes back after a time. They grab one random egg from the AP, put up a two-way teleport and post the teleport link in this very thread with a short note stating that they are able to take an egg/a hatchling now. Whoever wants to gift an egg/a hatchling will then check out the person's scroll and, if there are none of the new Halloween dragons, make an "offer" on the random AP egg.

pro:

- A giftee can only accept one offer, so they won't get 20 different hatchlings teleported to their scroll.

- Gifters won't have to search endlessly for a person to gift their Halloween dragons to.

con:

- Once the Halloween '12 dragons are hatched, gifters will need an open egg slot to gift.

I must admit that I haven't given that much thought to it yet. blink.gif

How about this variation:

Someone who hasn't been able to catch Halloween eggs on Saturday comes back after a time. They grab one random egg from the AP, put up a two-way teleport and post the teleport link in this very thread with a short note stating that they are able to take an egg/a hatchling now. Whoever wants to gift an egg/a hatchling will then check out the person's scroll and, if there are none of the new Halloween dragons, make an "offer" on the random AP egg.

pro:

- A giftee can only accept one offer, so they won't get 20 different hatchlings teleported to their scroll.

- Gifters won't have to search endlessly for a person to gift their Halloween dragons to.

con:

- Once the Halloween '12 dragons are hatched, gifters will need an open egg slot to gift.

We can find ways of opening up an egg slot, I like this idea a lot because it will be easier for both gifters and recievers

I'll probably have 7 eggs to gift between 830-9am cst. It might help people to know when someone will be around to drop eggs, especially if they are having to use a library for access etc.

Also, even if people are using incubate, I have enough reds that I constantly use it, I can promise that eggs still get softshell up til about 5D21H. So, especially with the extra fan site traffic don't think that eggs can be incubated and stuck in a hatchery. It will kill the eggies and trigger the 24 hour lock.

I want to help, what can I do?

Catch as many of the new Halloween dragons as you can. Decide how many you are willing to gift and fill out the "Frankenstorm Helper Form"! Keep your gift eggs fogged until they are close to running out of time. (Don't incubate them!) Once they have less than one day left on their timer, unfog them, put them in an ER and hatch them. Once you have the hatchling, fog it. And keep an eye on this thread. Important announcements will be in the first post.

It says right here NOT to incubate them, and to fog right away. So NO hatcheries until the last minute. The point is to hold them as long as possible so that those without power can get them, not hatch them as fast as we can.

I was able to grab some eggs, please remove me from the list of people requesting eggs. Thanks! c:

Edit: *able. Not about.

Edited by omgitskairi

It says right here NOT to incubate them, and to fog right away. So NO hatcheries until the last minute. The point is to hold them as long as possible so that those without power can get them, not hatch them as fast as we can.

If you were responding to me, I have no intention of incubating eggs I mean to transfer =p

I mentioned it because one of the scrolls we have in the givee's list has dead eggs from sickness and we were talking about giving people eggs as they log in tomorrow morning, if they can get on a phone or to a library to get access shortly. And I had a newbie ask me to do so in PM (to their scroll) and had to explain why it's a bad idea.

I was, just wanted to re-iterate that cuz it read like you were gonna incubate them. My mis-interpretation, sorry!

So I still have no power at home, but managed to snag eggs at my aunt and uncles, please remove me from the list!

Frankenstorm Helper Form:

I'm willing to gift eggs to storm victims!

Forum name: Anna Selka

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 2

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time : Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon : Yes

The giftee person will need to do a dummy two way trade.

I have never done this fogging and leaving until the last minute thing. Is there no risk of the babies getting sick ?

Or of the hatchlings growing up as soon as we unfog them ? Can one teleport a fogged hatchling ?

Edited by Anna Selka

No, you can't teleport anything that is fogged. And yes, there is the chance that the hatchling will grow up before it can be sent off, just depends on how ER it is and how many views/clicks it has.

But it looks like nearly everyone on the list already has their dragons, only a few don't. And one is completely egg-locked with other eggs, unless they get dumped, they won't be able to take any. So ya may not have to worry about it smile.gif

I did catch 7, so have the 3 I promised to gift, should they still be needed.

Edited by wbmorgan

I managed to grab my eggs! Please to remove me from the 'Requesting Help' list and add to the 'Willing to Gift' one biggrin.gif

Forum name: Sunrunner

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 2

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Yes

I live on the other side of the world where you're more likely to be a bush barbeque and poisoned to death than being caught in a storm (coughcoughaustraliacoughcough) and I managed to snag a lot of eggs. Figured I could lend a hand to fellow users who are unable to get 'em.

Forum name: Vocalia

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 5

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): When the situation permits, happily.

Looks like 3/4's of the people on the list don't need help, which is great that they have power. biggrin.gif

I don't need to be on the rescue list anymore, I will still gift though.

quoted and making a mention I'm still on the rescue list though I don't need to be.

I'm loaded up with eggies and able to make a teleport now. If someone only has trouble with access to the cave today (cellphone, borrowed computer at library). Send me a PM and I'll happily load you up with eggies. I'll be checking my PMs at least by xx:45 each hour!

We got our power back in time for the delayed drop. (would have missed out if it happened on Halloween as scheduled) Thank you TJ!

My boys & I grabbed our eggs & have extra if anyone needs.

Please remove me from the list.

Thank you for creating this thread.

Edited by chryse