olympe

Frankenstorm Gifting Thread

A very big thank you to everyone who is helping everyone else affected by the storm.

I might be affected by Hurricane Sandy!

Forum Name:Xeyla

Scroll link:http://dragcave.net/user/xeyla

PM link:http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=4&MID=44269

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than 3.5 days left! (Delete or strike through if not applicable!)

EDIT: didn't lose power! seems i am in the clear for now. please remove me from the victim list.

Right now I still have power (Derby, CT), but the winds are being very nasty, and my town is having brownouts. I want to try to help if I don't lose power, also.

Frankenstorm Helper Form:

I'm willing to gift eggs to storm victims!

Forum name:Xeyla

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 4 total, 2 male 2 female if hatchlings

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): yes, in fact i will gift a pair if I have them.

Edited by xeyla

Forum name: shovedtbh

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: two possibly more

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Y

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): If everyone from the list already has gotten at least one egg

I would like be kept on the victim list seeing as I could still lose power, but I have been very lucky so far. I slept through the entire day an just woke up an to my surprise out of the 600,000 without power on the island, I still have power. I want to be added on the helpers list in case I still have power come Wednesday. There is suppose to be another high tide tomorrow which means more flooding, so we will see how that goes.

I did lose power but we have it back now, so I think I'm in the clear. You can remove me from the victims list.

Sandy passed through and I didn't lose power. ^^ I should be good for halloween (unless work crews mess up and make me lose power), so you can also remove me from the victims list.

I both lost and got power back, so I can also be removed from the victims list and added as an official gifting person.

I actually think my town got by with mild injuries...although I haven't gone through town yet.

Still, Sandy is now a strong snow maker in the Appellation Mountains...with snow hanging on until Wednesday or Thursday. She also still has winds of 45 MPH. 8 million without power because of one storm, with more likely to happen. Behold the power of the weather...

I lost power for over 25 hours but just got it back on. I'm willing to help those who still don't have it.

Forum name: Kanaye

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift:Two

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): No.

We have been lucky enough not to lose power and the storm appears to be past us, now, so you can remove me from the list of those who may need help and add me to the list of gifters. smile.gif

I still have power so I think I'll be fine tomorrow! You can strike me out on the list of requesters and add me to the official list of gifters:

Forum name: dernwyn

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: up to 3

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): if everyone has at least one

Edited by dernwyn

Forum name: Tempestsea

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 5

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes):

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes):

I can be removed from the list smile.gif (especially since Halloween dragons have been extended to drop on November 3rd instead).

I think I can be removed from the first list and fully join the helper list biggrin.gif

I have lost power few times last night, but after a brief moments it came back. The street next to us have lost power, so I think I am really lucky in every way. Sandy is coming closer, but now it is no longer a hurricane, so I think I will be able to withstand a tropical storm.

Please remove me from the victim list. I'll be able to gift eggs, now that the drop has been moved.

Please remove me from the victim list. We have power, its flickering but its power nonetheless. Thank you so much for the help.

I might be affected by Hurricane Sandy!

Forum Name: faezzi

Scroll link: dragcave.net/user/faezzi

PM link: forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=04&MID=178649

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than 3.5 days left!

I'm not affected by sandy itself, but affected by the fact, that the drop is moved to sat. This is my last day online before I go on holidays. Woke up this morning to catch my eggs and set them in hatchery... Saw the announcement on the first page, and ... sad.gif

Might be, that the drop is further postponed, and I will be able to catch eggs by myself, then I would give...

Forum name: faezzi

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 2

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Y

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Y

I would be able to influence one m and one f if needed.

edit: saw the thread mpolo mentioned. Trying to enter the list there, as I do not want to take a place of a 'real victim' of sandy.

Edited by faezzi

Forum name: EmmieSage

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: up to 2

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Yes

Edit: I may not be able to get on this Saturday to catch new eggs, will see how I go

Edited by EmmieSage

Since I didn't lose power and the date has been moved I need to be moved off the victims list. Also, I need what I am willing to give edited. Because of the new day and it seems less people are affected I will now give away all but two eggs. If that can be modified on the first post please do so.

The question is whether this thread is still necessary after TJ decided to have the new eggs on November 3rd. I'm just not sure. What do you people think?

Edit: ~updated~ - at least on my text file. Update will be posted soon. xd.png

Edited by olympe

I didnt loos3 power so if the thread remains i can be removed from the needing help part smile.gif

Well there is still the good possibility of people getting power turned off for periods of time while the lines are being worked on. I usually get a text from the power company if they are going to do so, but with all the massive problems that might not happen. Then you have people in jersey that know they will be without power for at least the next few weeks. I actually considering going and picking my grandmother up and bringing her back to pa. She is at my uncles, buts this has to be hard for her.

Due to the moved drop and the fact that I currently have power, I shouldn't need to be on the list anymore.

I would say that it may be a good idea to keep this thread up for now, just to see if there are users still affected in spite of the moved drop. I know that a lot of people are expected to be without power for quite some time yet.

I have a friend in NYC proper who has been told locally that restoring power may take a week or more. I sincerely hope this is not true (she also mentioned that the stores are running out of food already), but it is something to keep in mind. If that's possible in the city, it's very likely to happen elsewhere.

Forum name: ArynChris

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 3

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): I honestly doubt that this will even come up. But if we're fortunate enough to have that many gifters to giftees, then yes, happy to gift a second.