olympe

Frankenstorm Gifting Thread

I might be affected by Hurricane Sandy!

Forum Name: Fierce Annie

Scroll link: Fierce Annie

PM link: PM Fierce Annie

Thank you so much for this thread! I am in college in upstate NY and the internet is already not too great on a regular basis and it's even worse right now, unfortunately. If I do have power I will absolutely let you know.

Forum Name: fieryblackrose

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/fieryblackrose

PM link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=04&MID=65711

According to the forecast I might be in one of those areas that will get the brunt of the storm, but here's hoping that it will not happen and that this form will be unnecessary. For those in the US East Coast, be safe.

Um, what happens if the OP is affected?  Who is going to manage this thread?  Have you given any thought to the Dragon Cave Servers going out due to the storm, they are on the east coast no?  Lots of ifs here, and you know how the news is, this can all be a scam to sell flashlights, milk and bread!!!

edit: sorry I hit the edit rather than the quote button - ruby

I won't be affected, I'm not even from the US. (Which is part of why I volunteered to do this.)

~updated to here~

Edited by olympe

Frankenstorm Helper Form:

I'm willing to gift eggs to storm victims!

Forum name:IMay

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 3 new eggs - and I have not bred my Black Marrows so I will be happy to breed some of them for gifting too

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): yes

My husband and I lost almost everything in the Brisbane floods last year - our prayers will be with you.

Forum Name: sara4cows

Scroll link:my scroll

PM link: pm

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than five days left! (Delete or strike through if not applicable!)

Forum Name: Slaptail

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/slaptail

PM link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=04

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than five days left! (It says to delete it or strike through it if I don't want help, but could you wait till they are under 4 days instead of 5? If they go into the ER at 5 days and have a lot of views already, lately my eggs/hatchlings have been getting sick. If I can't get on to fog them, then they will die. If they hatch at 4 days, then they are alright. If they don't then grow up at 4 days, then I would love help.

Edited by Slaptail

Forum Name: Midnight-Skyline

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/Midnight-Skyline

PM link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=183581

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than five days left! (Delete or strike through if not applicable [Could it be less than three days?])

Also, so many thanks. If I do get internet, I'll let you all know since I don't want to take any from people who don't have internet. Thank you so much!

Edited by Midnight-Skyline

Forum name: cynlee717

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: depends on how the heck many I'm able to catch as it is. One at the very least.

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Depends. I had a terrible time last year catching eggies just for myself.

Forum Name: sparkle10184

Scroll link: Scroll

PM link: PM

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than five days left!

TJ has said he is well aware of Hurricane Sandy and will address the situation as it affects those of us on the east coast.

I was going to add my name to the list but I'll wait and see what happens.

Thank you for starting this thread, I know.... and so does TJ... it was needed.

I prey for the best for all of us that must face the next few days of Sandy.

Edited by bigbite100

Not sure how this is going to go. We are definitely in the path of the storm and getting heavy rain right now, but don't know if we will lose power or not.

Forum Name: purplehaze

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/purplehaze

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than five three days left! (Delete or strike through if not applicable!)

Forum name: purplehaze

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 2

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Yes

~updated~

I also changed the timer for adding your eggs/hatchies to AoND to 3.5 days to make it uniform. 3.5 days is well in the ER range, so if your egg hasn't hatched or your hatchling hasn't grown yet, it probably needs the help. I put everyone who put any kind of time for the "save my eggs/hatchlings" request on the list with the 3.5 days left timer. If you want to protest this, please post so.

I'm expecting to lose power for at least a few days if last year is any indication! I'm hopeful that my office building will get power by halloween, at least, and maybe I can log in there, but just in case smile.gif

Forum Name: PolarVortex

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/PolarVortex

PM link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...ODE=4&MID=22348

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than 3.5 days left!

Still have power, wind and rain are dramatically picking up so I am guessing it is only a matter of time. I have water for drinking and other uses stored. I have food. I have emergency supply's. The house is locked up and all the storm windows down. The lawn furniture and the grill are locked up in the shed. Even the kids pumpkins are stored in the basement.

We literally live on the side of a mountain, so don't worry we will be flooded out. We are very safe from that. I am thinking of everyone affected by the storm and hoping you stay safe.

Forum name: Beastrider

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: at least 2 hatchlings

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): (probably willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie after everyone has 2)

Hopefully it won't be needed. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Edited by Beastrider

This wasn't a part of the form that you filled out when I first put in, so I figure I should re-fill the application and put it in at the last minute. (I've now got 4-5 hours before I get hit)

Forum Name:warriorjames

Scroll link: My scroll

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than 3.5 days left!

Probably gonna lose power in 10 min... By 2 o'Clock wind will be 75 mph and rain will get a LOT worse... sad.gif

WHY IS MY BIRTHDAY GETTING SO BAD??? (Well, technically it's on Thursday...) dry.gif

Forum Name: valencha

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/Valencha

PM link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...ODE=4&MID=23046

Forum name: valencha

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: up to 3, depending on how many I can catch

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Yes

How convenient that I just happen to move to the Eastern US when the hurricane is coming? Right now I am getting heavy rain and wind, and I might lose my power. If I am not affected, I will gladly be part of the helping group, though I will have to fight with my luck first rolleyes.gif

Edited by valencha

Forum Name: Briar_Reed

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/Briar_Reed

PM link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...ODE=4&MID=67087

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than 3.5 days left! (Delete or strike through if not applicable!)

Thank you so much for this! It's kind of silly to be concerned about being able to catch Halloween dragons in the midst of worrying about everything else, but I'll admit that it was on my list of concerns. At this point, weather reports are showing the storm sliding right over the Finger Lakes area of NY, where I live, and the wind is picking up quickly so we'll see how things go. If I do have power, I'm more than happy to help users that don't, and though my son doesn't actually play anymore, he said that he would be willing to catch some dragons to gift as well. Don't know if I should fill out the official form, since my participation is iffy at the moment.

Again, thank you.

Forum name:BatPopsicle

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift:2 eggs/hatchlings

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No):Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No):Yes

Also my two young daughters have a Dragon Cave account and would like to help. They do not have a forum account so giftees will be contacted by me but will get the eggs/hatchlings from my daughters account. Hope that made sense. smile.gif So maybe next to my name you could put BatPopsicle 2 eggs/hatchies and SpookyPumpkin 2 eggs/hatchies.........or whatever works best for you. This is my first time waiting and fogging eggs and hatchies so I will try my best to time it right. smile.gif

I have to say this is a wonderful idea and hope a lot of people join in to help others during this time. smile.gif

Forum name:Blackhawke

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift:3 (assuming I manage to catch a full load)

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No):Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No):Yes

One thing I would like to add regarding Hurricane Sandy. The DC community is to be congratulated regarding its willingness to gift eggs to those that miss out. Sadly some members will be so badly affected as to not be able to even have a holiday hatchling gifted to them with a couple of hours left before it dies.

I know this because my family lives in Brisbane, Australia. Last year on January 11, we had 7 foot of floodwater washing through our house. With a mere 20 minutes warning to evacuate not much more than family members and pets were saved. My wife, daughter and I all have scrolls in DC. Fortunately my daughter was able to stay with her mother in an unaffected area while my wife and I picked through the muddy mess and made new plans. As such she was able to maintain all of our family's scrolls. It took approximately a month for my wife and I to get back online. Compared to some, we were lucky.

With Sandy, some people will lose power and get back fairly quickly. Those people we can help with eggs and hatchlings this year. Some people will lose far more and may take months before being able to resume their DC activities. For these people I will also be prepared to breed next halloween, eggs to transfer to them from this year's Holiday dragons, whether they prefer purebred 2nd gen. eggs, or a special breeding mix of their choosing. Its not much, compared to what some can and will lose to Sandy, but having been some of the way along that dreadful journey myself, I know that even small things can bring a smile when you're rebuilding.

God bless to all those in harm's way.

As a belated thought, I'm a Yarolds user (link exchange) with 6k+ credits. It's very very easy to throw a dragon scroll up on Yarolds for 40-100 clicks and most of them are unique. IE< not from people that usually sit on hatchery sites. It's a nice way to help keep views even so hatching proceeds along nicely. I'd be happy to add scrolls per request. Just send me a PM.