olympe

Frankenstorm Gifting Thread

This can be closed now, as there are no more Halloween hatchies to give away since the event was 15 days ago.

Welcome to the Frankenstorm Gifting Thread

(Thanks to rubyshoes for approving!)

Okay, everyone who was on the gifting list managed to get themselves some eggs. Wow. What now?

Links: (All have been updated since yesterday!)

What this is about *Updated with a Little Giftee's Guide and a Little Gifter's Guide. Please read!*

FAQ

Rules

Forms

Lists:

List of people requesting help:

1. empty now... xd.png

List of people willing to gift:

1. olympe - up to 3 hatchlings (depending on my luck) - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchie
  2. Deagle - 2 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchie
  3. nynaevesilverwind - 2 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchie (if everybody on the list already has one)
  4. raindear - at least 3 hatchies - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie
  5. Cheystar - 2 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie if everybody has at least 1
  6. Violletta - 2-3 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchie
  7. wbmorgan - 3 hatchies - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchie
  8. Vhale - 2 hatchies - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchie if everybody has at least 1
  9. cymry - 2 - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie
  10. buckskinmist - at least 2 hatchies - willing to keep them fogged - ? (probably willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie after everyone has 2)
  11. Aiobhan - as many as I can - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie
  12. Imay - 3 hatchies - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie
  13. cynlee717 - at least 1 hatchie - willing to keep it/them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie if she gets enough.
  14. Beastrider - at least 2 hatchies - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie after everyone has 2 (or maybe 1?)
  15. BatPopsicle - 2 hatchies + 2 from her daughters - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie
  16. Blackhawke - up to 3 hatchies - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie
  17. Kanaye - 2 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - not willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie
  18. purplehaze - 2 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  19. dernwyn - up to 3 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  20. valencha - up to 3 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  21. xeyla - 4 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - will gift them as pairs (male/female)
  22. ebis13
  23. TempestSea - up to 5 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  24. EmmieSage - up to 2 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  25. Athkore - up to 2 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  26. brairtrainer - all but two - willing to keep them fogged - not willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie
  27. omgitskairi - depends - willing to keep them fogged - only handing out 2nd eggs/hatchies as long as others don't have their first yet? (This one confuses me, but it's what she said.)
  28. ArynChris - up to 3 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  29. Anna Selka - 2 eggs/hathclings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  30. Sunrunner - 2 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  31. Vocalia - 5 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  32. Gluria - 1 hatchling - willing ot keep it fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  33. ladyofthedrgns - 2 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  34. Tiger_Rider - 1 hatchling - willing to keep it fogged - not willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie
  35. Snowytoshi
  36. Thunderwing - all but two
  37. kidshock - up to 5 hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - not willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchling
  38. shovedtbh - 2+ hatchlings - willing to keep them fogged - willing to gift someone a 2nd hatchie if everybody has at least 1
Edited by olympe

What this is about:

Gifting Halloween '12 eggs or hatchies to people affected by ex-hurricane Sandy.

Little Giftee's Guide

So, you need help with Halloween eggs/hatchies because you couldn't grab them yourself because of Sandy? Just post the red form here. (The list will be open until 11/15 now, but I cannot promise that there will still be hatchlings available by then.) Once you're able to go online, grab a random egg of the AP or breed a random egg and put it up for a two-way transfer. Post the link in this thread and ask to be gifted one Halloween egg/hatchling. Once you get an offer, accept it ASAP and either edit your post to state that you have been gifted. (A little thank you note will be appreciated, too.) You can also request for your family members to be gifted if they have their own scrolls, but no forum account.

Do:

• Keep your scroll, scroll-name and adults on your scroll visible.
  • Keep your eggs/hatchlings unfogged.
  • Post a two-way trade with a random egg here, asking to be gifted one Halloween '12 dragon. (Only if you don't have any of them yet!)
  • Once everyone on the list - or at least 90% of them - has at least one Halloween '12 dragon, you may ask to be gifted a 2nd egg/hatchling.
  • If you prefer your gift to be a certain gender, please say so. People are encouraged to influence.
  • Be polite. (This goes without saying.)

Don't:

• Hide your scroll, your adults, any eggs or hatchlings on your scroll. We want to be able to check that you really are in need of a Halloween '12 dragon.
  • Beg, harrass or do anything else to make people here uncomfortable.
  • Kill, neglect, bite, abandon, trade your Halloween '12 dragons. They were meant for you, and you alone - not for other people. The only exception is to gift them to someone else on the list. In such a case, please let us know.
  • Freeze your Halloween '12 dragon - unless you got permission by the person gifting you. If you want to freeze, please put a note in your post where you ask for a Halloween dragon so people can decide whether to gift or not.
  • Ask for more Halloween '12 dragons if you already have 2 or more. If you are found to do that, I will put you on a list of shame that I'll keep in my signature for a whole year!

Little Gifter's Guide:

So, you want to help. Thanks. If you want to be an official gifter, please fill out the blue form. (If you just feel like pinching in, just offer on the teleport links.)

Today (Nov 3rd), go to the cave and catch as many of the Halloween '12 eggs as you can. Keep those you intend for gifting fogged until they have less than 12 hours left on their counter - if you can. Then put them in a couple of ERs and fog them again ASAP.

Once you find someone here ask for a gift, please offer one of your eggs/hatchies - hatchies, if possible.

Do:

• Keep your gift dragons alive as long as possible - some people will probably out of power for more than a week.
  • Influence, if you can. (Please remember what you influenced which way!)
  • Keep an eye on this thread!
  • Check the giftee's scroll thoroughly before offering to avoid cheating.
  • Report any attempts to circumvent the thread restrictions (like someone trying to get more than 2 eggs) as well as any PMs with trade offers on your eggs/hatchlings. This is not a trading thread, but a gifting thread, and the people will be put on a list of shame.
  • If there will be people on our list of shame, please put the list in your signature for a year. (Ideally, it won't be necessary. tongue.gif )
  • Once everyone on the list - or at least 90% of the people there - has at least one Halloween '12 dragon, you are free to offer two of your dragons to a giftee.

Don't:

• Incubate your gifts. They're supposed to be kept alive without growing up as long as possible.
  • Gift to someone who already has 2 or more Halloween '12 dragons.

I think that's it. If not, let me know.

Edited by olympe

A little introduction / FAQ

What this thread is supposed to do:

What this thread is trying to accomplish is that users not affected by the storm or other natural disasters pinch in to help get some of the new Halloween eggs to the users who can't get them due to the storm and its consequences. Since the power outage can last several days, even far over a week, we will have to keep the gift eggs fogged until they have less than an hour left, then hatch them and fog them again. This way, we can gift hatchies up to 13 days after the event to the affected players.

I want to help, what can I do?

Catch as many of the new Halloween dragons as you can. Decide how many you are willing to gift and fill out the "Frankenstorm Helper Form"! Keep your gift eggs fogged until they are close to running out of time. (Don't incubate them!) Once they have less than one day left on their timer, unfog them, put them in an ER and hatch them. Once you have the hatchling, fog it. And keep an eye on this thread. Important announcements will be in the first post.

I might be affected by hurricane Sandy, but want to help if I'm not. What now??

Right now, fill out both forms. For the time being, I won't put you on the donators' list, but might start a second list for cases like yours, so the info is appreciated.

I want to help with modding. Can I?

Not directly, no - unless you already are a mod. (Pretty please?)

What you can do, though, is help me update any lists yet to come. If you do, just update the list and PM the updated list to SockPuppet Strangler or rubyshoes (or any other mod that might volunteer).

I'm probably going to be affected by hurricane Sandy. What do I have to do to get help?

Fill out the "Frankenstorm Relief Form" and post it in this thread. If the storm passes by and you still have power or can find some other way to obtain your Halloween eggs, please post this, too, so everybody gets their chance at at least one, maybe two new Halloween dragons.

Can I get more than one egg/hatchie from this thread?

Yes, you can get up to two - but only if everybody on the list has at least one.

Can I put down my children/hubby/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend, too?

Yes, if they don't have a forum account.

If Sandy hits me, I might need a scroll-sitter. Can I find one here?

No. But I'll put up another form (and change the original "Frankenstorm Relief Form" accordingly) so you can give a general permission to add your eggs/hatchies which have less than 5 days to live to Allure of Neglected Dragons. Why AoND? Because it's easy to use, has an automated ER, is a high-traffic site and shows the timer of the little ones when you want to add them. Also, I want to avoid people putting your things into more than one hatchery, so picking one that everyone willing to help has to use seems like the best idea to avoid accidental view-bombing.

Don't you think you'll need more forms?

Yes, definitely. But I don't need them right now, but on Halloween at the earliest. (Transfer Form, Got Lucky with the Storm Form...)

Edited by olympe

Rules
  1. If you think you might be affected by Hurricane Sandy or potential power outage, you can post so now, even if the odds aren't that high. However, if it turns out you won't be affected, please post the appropriate form. (It's not there yet, so don't go looking just yet. wink.gif)
  2. If you want to gift, you may post a form - but it's not a requirement. However, it would be nice to know how many Gifters we have, and whether or not they'd be willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling after everybody has got at least one.
  3. No cheating! I don't want to see anyone getting themselves a batch of Halloween or other eggs on Halloween and still ask for gifts here! Please keep your scroll visible and be prepared to unfog any potential eggs and/or hatchlings on request of any gifter! Cheaters may be reported in this thread and will end up on a blacklist List of Shame.
  4. Once you have received your gift, please post in the appropriate form in this thread. (The form isn't there yet, but I won't need it before November 1st, will I?) Alternately, you can ask your gifter to do this.
  5. For Gifters: Please don't post any teleport links in here, send someone in need of a Halloween '12 dragon a PM.
  6. No killing, trading away, biting, earthquaking, neglecting or harming your gifted Halloween '12 dragon in any other way! If you do, you will find your name on the blacklist List of Shame. However, if you got two eggs/hatchlings through this thread, it is all right if you gift it to someone else who is enlisted here - but please notify the person who gifted the eggs/hatchlings to you in the first place.
  7. Lists will stay open until November 11th - however, I cannot guarantee that there will still be people willing or able to gift.
  8. If November 11th comes around and willing gifters still have fogged hatchies to gift, people from this thread may get a 2nd Halloween '12 hatchling. Please don't give out 2nd hatchlings before then unless you they're about to grow up! Also, when you want to teleport ER hatchies, make sure to keep your scroll hidden so no well-meaning helper spots it and decides to put it in an ER.
I think that's it for now. Let me know if I missed something important. Edited by olympe

Forms:

Frankenstorm Relief Form

I might be affected by Hurricane Sandy!

Forum Name:

Scroll link:

PM link:

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than 3.5 days left! (Delete or strike through if not applicable!)

[color=red][b]I might be affected by Hurricane Sandy![/b]
[b]Forum Name:[/b]
[b]Scroll link:[/b]
[b]PM link:[/b] 
[b]Please also put my eggs/hatchies in [url=http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/]AoND[/url] if they have less than 3.5 days left![/b] (Delete or strike through if not applicable!)
[/color]

Please do me one big favor: Fill it out like this - without using URL-tags! This way, I don't have to actually click the links, but can just copy and paste the info directly into a list! Thanks!

Forum Name: olympe

Scroll link: dragcave.net/user/olympe

PM link: forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=04&MID=

Please also put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than 3.5e days left!

(And, no, I won't be affected by Sandy - I'm in Germany. This is just an example.)

(Only for those of you who are already registered and might want to add the following:)

Frankenstorm scroll help form

Please put my eggs/hatchies in AoND if they have less than 3.5 days left!

[color=orange][b]Frankenstorm scroll help form[/b]
[b]Please put my eggs/hatchies in [url=http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/]AoND[/url] if they have less than 3.5 days left![/b]
[/color]

Frankenstorm Helper Form:

I'm willing to gift eggs to storm victims!

Forum name:

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift:

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No):

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No):

Please note: The 3.5 days left is a take it or leave it deal. I can't make an exception for every single person who'd rather have their stuff added at 4 days, 3 days, 4.5 days or whatever else there is. Also, please keep in mind that your stuff will only ever be added to one fansite, not several, so adding something at 3.5 days won't kill it.

[color=blue][b]Frankenstorm Helper Form:
Forum name:[/b]
[b]How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift:[/b]
[b]I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No):[/b]
[b]I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No):[/b]
[/color]

Edited by olympe

If you wish you can say that the thread is mod approved in your first post as I approve of the thread.

Forum Name: babybluefire

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/babyblue

PM link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...ODE=4&MID=49167

I live right in the heart of pa in the mountains so there is a very good chance we will be out of power. If not I will certainly try and catch for others.

And I am not sure if I got the pm link right, I am not a computer person by any means.

Edited by babybluefire

Forum Name:Chryse

Scroll link:http://dragcave.net/user/Chryse

PM link:http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=04&MID=57775

If my power is out:

Forum Name:Tiger_Rider

Scroll link: Scroll

PM link: PM

If by some miracle it comes back on:

Forum name:Tiger_Rider

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift:1

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time:Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon:No

Ok, olympe smile.gif

Edited by Tiger_Rider

Forum name: Deagle

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 2

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Yes

I live in the Netherlands so i won't be affected by the storm.

Forum name:nynaevesilverwind

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): Yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Only if everyone on the list already has one.

@Tiger_Rider: Although I'm glad you volunteer to gift if you are not affected, I'm not going to put you on the list because that's still a big if. That does not mean that you cannot gift if you have that ability, though! I just keep a list of Gifters so I have a rough idea of how many people I can expect to gift. smile.gif

Forum Name: 16anumber

Scroll link: http://dragcave.net/user/16anumber

PM link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...ODE=4&MID=59609

There is a chance my power will go out. I would love it if someone could help me get an egg in the event that it does. If it doesn't go out I will let you know! Thank you so much for creating this thread!

Edit: Changed the form to match what you wanted.

Edited by 16anumber

Forum name:raindear

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift:At least 3, if I can do more, I will update.

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No):yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No):yes

Forum name: Cheystar

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Yes - if everyone on the list has at least one.

It still amazes me how DC members come together to help out where it's needed. Way to go. wink.gif

Forum name: Violletta

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 2-3 eggs/hatchlings

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Yes

Olympe, but an "r" in that title. It appears to be missing.

Forum name: wbmorgan

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 3

I'm so glad that everyone in this community would come together like this and help one another. The absolute true meaning of a community.

Forum Name: shovedtbh

Scroll link: My Scroll

PM link: Here

I live on L.I. in NY. What they are reporting now is a severe storm surge, with waves up to 20 ft, strong winds, downed trees and power lines. We could be without power for an entire week. I am scared because I live right near the coast line, a few blocks down is the docks and from our main highway is our beaches. The erosion there is already terrible...I suspect by the end of this storm to have little to no beach left at all. The Island has no where for the water to go or flow out but onto the land. We will get flooding, unfortunately along with the flooding and high winds we will have downed trees and power lines. Praying to the gods that nobody gets hurts and homes are ok. Thanks to anyone who will be donating to me and other victims of this storm...It means a lot to me as I clearly planned out a lot of zombie killing, catching many of the old breeds, and anticipating the new ones. Now at least I will only have to wait for zombies next year around. TY olympe for taking the responsibility of moderating this thread and making it mod approved. With our efforts we will have made tons of DC users very happy this Halloween because not everything will go on being spoiled.

I know it is sort of forbidden but under those circumstances would it be possible for users with a fast connection like me to catch on affected people's scrolls...? So everybody gets the chance to fill up their slots? That's something I can certainly offer *pls don't burn me for asking this xd.png*

I know it is sort of forbidden but under those circumstances would it be possible for users with a fast connection like me to catch on affected people's scrolls...? So everybody gets the chance to fill up their slots? That's something I can certainly offer *pls don't burn me for asking this xd.png*

Sorry, but offers to catch or requests to catch would not be allowed on the forum.

Forum Name: lulubelle00

Scroll link: x

PM link: x

I was excited for Halloween in real life and on the internet. sad.gif I better round up the animals and go pick up some more feed.

Forum name: Vhale

How many egg/hatchlings I'm willing to gift: 2 hatchies

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): Depends how bad the ratio of needy we have. I'd like to see everyone get one at least before people start taking two.

Should be able to influence them to be one each, male/female

Edited by Vhale

Forum name: cymry

I'm willing to keep the eggs until they are close to running out of time (Yes/No): yes

I'm willing to gift someone a 2nd egg/hatchling of the new Halloween dragon (Yes/No): yes

i cannot guarantee m&f if both eggs go to same person, i won't have enough influences sad.gif