picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Kira's eyes flickered up as she saw Dain approaching. She wouldn't deny he was a strange vampire for being so mellow around a werewolf. "Excuse me, sir, it seems your ASS is about to be on fire" she brandished a handful of flames. Faze nudged her, "Well, before you get into that, can we make it to the cafeteria first?" he asked. Kira grunted, "Fine, your creepiness" she answered Dain, pulling his hat down over his face as she passed him by to the cafeteria.

Jaden blushed at being corrected, "Ah, sorry..." he was more used to nicknames back at the City of the Lost. It just seemed that everyone here was much more serious. Different cultures sure were strange. He crammed a few cubes of meat in his mouth, "Yeah I slept well too. Egg kept me company. Any of yours cracked yet?"

Jeth tried thinking back when Jaden asked if any of theirs had cracked. Now the he thought about it he had seen a small crack near the top of his egg. "As a matter of fact mine has. It's small but I did see a crack in it." Jeth said answering Jaden's question. "Has yours cracked as well?" Jeth asked leaning on the table a little bit while he talked.

Edited by En'K'Haral

"...The night was fine, thank you." - replied Ten-Jorra, deciding not to reveal information about her insomnia yet. And added: "My doesn't have any cracks yet. However it is now constantly sparking in electricity. Not that I complain about it..." - at these words Jaden and Jeth could notice a spark of electricity running through the argonian's palm.

Irweyn left her room, carrying the dragon egg behind her in the warm string of light. She wore a more simple gown than yesterday, it had long sleeves that covered the back of her hands and an open back. She didn't want to leave the little thing all alone in her room. She glided down the hall quickly, heading for the cafeteria and wondering if her new friends had woken yet. On the way she passed both a vampire and a werewolf. She slowed to float alongside them, her glow growing with excitment. "Hullo there!" She greeted them.

((One does not simply know someone is a werewolf or a vampire o3o especially the werewolf))

Kira snorted and kept walking, taking a dish from the buffet. She draped a waffle with strawberries on her plate before using some syrup and grabbing an orange juice. She sat off to the side away from the others. "Here" she tore a piece of the waffle and gave it to Faze.

Jaden's ears flicked back in discomfort. His egg hadn't done a thing. "No..." he murmured, poking at his meat cubes. "Hope it's not a dud then. It did feel warm though... I don't know how eggs are suppose to be. Shouldn't we get manuals on this?" he groaned. He stabbed his fork into another meat cube and ate it.

Jeth chuckled in a low rumble at Jaden's dissatisfaction. "Probably not. I only know as much as I do from reading in the archives before my trip here. Even then as you know I wasn't exactly prepared but at least I know it's supposed to crack eventually." He said trying to reassure Jaden that the boy probably wasn't doing anything wrong....probably. As Ten-Jorra showed her abilities while describing her egg could help but be a little envious. "Sounds like you got lucky then. Your egg matches you, I had hoped mine would be tough but instead I got a different one that floats on clouds instead. Considering my own abrasiveness I'm sure you can understand my dilemma." He said holding up one stoney hand. Jeth caught some movement out of the corner of his eye as Dain, Kira and someone else walked into the cafeteria. His attention shifted from his conversation to Irweyn after catching a glimpse of her. "A star?" He muttered to himself astounded at the new arrival who bared a strong resemblance to the Shaper legend images of stars.

(She doesn't. I was just lazy xd.png .)

Irweyn was puzzled, was blowing air from your nose a good thing? She figured not, because the girl ignored her afterwards. She grabbed a plate and looked at the fruit. Finding a pretty, bright yellow one, she picked it up and set it on her plate. She looked around, she did not see the friends she had made yesterday anywhere.

(Short post is short.)

((

Rules:

Use Third Person

))

((Just kidding, but I hate my own rule now. So used to narrating in first person. >.>))

Nick rolled over as Rein nudged him in an attempt to wake him up, but he only rolled over in response. Taking on a bit more aggressive tactic she grabbed his blanket and yanked it off the bed, taking him with it in the process. In the blink of an eye he sprung up to his feet. " Who what when!?" his words came out in a jumbled heap, and he rubbed his eyes in confusion.

"It's Moving," Rein said motioning at Nick's backpack with a twitch of her tail.

Nick stared at it dumbfounded for a moment before realizing that it wasn't the bag moving, but the egg from earlier. "The dragon egg, it's hatching!" Running over Nick quickly removed the egg from the bag and placed it on his bed before backing off to give it some room. The egg rocked back and fourth a bit and then it fell over onto its side. Thin web-like cracks also began to appear. Both Nick and Rein watched it intently.

All in an instant the egg burst into tiny pieces and a blue snakelike creature unfurled and spread out across his bed. It was about a foot long and a maybe two inches thick. Nick was confused at first. It had no wings, but he then remembered from the war that some types of dragons didn't have wings and relied on magic for flight instead. Blinking slowly the Dragon looked around before locking eyes with Nick, who was running through a list of names in his head, trying to decided. Before he could even pick Nick heard a voice echo through his head. 'Aurora.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick walked down the hallway, Rein at his side and Aurora Wrapped around his neck. Aurora couldn't say more than a few words, but Nick was 100% certain that she could understand him. Arriving at the meal hall Nick picked up three plates, two with his hands and the third with basic levitation magic. He filled the usual for himself and Rein, and just guessed for Aurora. Making sure to take different types of food she might like. Balancing the food and keeping up the focus to levitated the last plate he seated himself next to Jaden. Rein sat down on the floor and Nick placed his plate before her. As Nick set down his own plate and Aurora's he rubbed his temples. He hardly ever used magic and even this simple use gave him a headache. He didn't say anything to Jaden, but he nodded as a hello.

Edited by picknick10

Jeth saw Irweyn looking around and the elemental waved his arm signallying her to come and sit with their rapidly growing group. Without even thinking about it he created a second stone seat next to him as was customery to his people, it was the equivilent of a pulling out a chair for a lady.

When Nick sat down next to Jaden Jeth gave the shapeshifter an acknowloging nod even though the boy had only 'greeted' Jaden.

"Yeah maybe you're right. No one else's has hatched so it's probably fine" Jaden stuffed the last of the meat cubes into his mouth. He swallowed as more people entered the cafeteria. Nick had something of interest around his neck. A snake? .... Snakes aren't.... no it has legs- his breath hitched, a slight wave of panic washing over as he wrestled his food down in a choking sensation. He broke out into a coughing fit as Nick sat down next to him. "Bull" he breathed finally, catching his breath. "His hatched already" he looked the dragon up and down.

Jeth was a little confused by Jaden's actions namely the choking. The elemental had never seen a person choke before since his own people technically didn't eat or breath like normal life forms did. So naturally jeth chuckled a little at Jaden's spectacle. "What exactly are you doing?" He said with a hint of humour not realizing the trouble that the Untamed was currently in. He too had seen Nick's dragon but Jaden choking was far more amusing at this presice moment. However, Jeth's attention was brought back to Aurora when Jaden managed to choke out the words 'His hatched already'

Looking nick over Jeth tied to recall his name but in the end couldn't. "Congratulations on hatching your egg." He said warmly now ignoring the fact that Jaden was choking.

Nick nodded back at Jeth and couldn't help but chuckle at Jaden's reaction to the dragon. "I would say that she looks more of a dragon then a bull." He jested as he pushed his water towards Jaden "Here drink something before you choke to death. Feeding Aurora a bit of meat from his hand, which she greedily gulped down, he said. "Her name is Aurora." and when Jeth asked what Jaden was doing he added "He's choking, it's when food goes down the wrong pipe... or something." Nick tried to explain to Jeth.

"Thanks." Nick said to the congratulations, "But I really didn't do anything, it just happened."

Jaden slitted his eyes at Jeth, not sure if he was teasing. After a moment he decided a 'rock' probably didn't have any real live biological tissue like lungs per say. "Most people need to breath air to live. I was choking. Dying. I know it's amusing" he rolled his eyes. Losing breath he found to be the biggest panic-trigger. Whether drowning or suffocating, people just went nuts. He looked back to Nick, "Oh ha-ha. She has horns you know.... my egg hasn't done anything" he sighed and looked at his empty plate. He murmured and guzzled down his orange juice.

Jeth looked down feeling a bit ashamed after Jaden explained things to him. "Sorry...I didn't know." He apologized, getting used to being around these other races was going to be difficult. There were so many things that were different. Their frailty being the biggest problem. "Still...you aren't dead so that much is good." He said trying to cheer up. "Anyways I always thought new life was celebrated amongst the other races is this not true?" He asked Nick who had said he hadn't done anything.

Edited by En'K'Haral

"I really wouldn't know myself, I only knew two other shapeshifters personally, and they were my parents. They both died in the war." Nick said quietly, but he quickly added, "I think humans have something called baby showers or something to celebrate, but I couldn't say for sure." Nick sparred a glance at Rein as he talked, but she was still eating. Nick picked up a strawberry from his own plate and popped it into his mouth, chewing it thoughtfully and enjoying the sweat flavor.

((LOL Oh Jeth "Oh good you're not dead"))

Jaden shrugged, "Must be nice being immortal" he cocked an eyebrow at Jeth. He paused, clapping his hands together. "Oh yeah, a birthday. Better take note... I hadn't even thought of that. Don't you have a birthday Jeth? Or... how exactly does an elemental come into being?" now that he thought about it, he had no clue. He lightly bit on his fork in thought, his fangs clicking softly to the plastic. His ears twitched as he listened to them talk. "Mmm, my race is very social. Fighting is really a hobby where I come from. Death in battle is nothing to them..." he bit down on his fork. He certainly didn't want to die. He wondered if that made him a coward among his own kind. The fork snapped under his fangs. He silently took the broken piece from his mouth and put it on his plate. "At any rate. Fencing is up first today. Fun"

Edited by Sai

Irweyn came and sat next to Jeth. Looking curiously at the choking boy. Dying? Dead? "Thank you for the seat. If I may ask, what does 'dying' mean?" She asked, running her finger along the bright yellow fruit, causing the skin to fall of as if she had peeled it. "And why is it amusing?" She added. She sliced the lemon in the same way she had peeled it, cutting it into little cubes. She didn't understand the concept of 'death', as Stars didn't die. Rather, they either ate a fruit brought by a phoenix to make them young again, or 'ceased to be' in which case they would scatter their essence, they more common term known as 'exploding'.

Edited by chicbecause

Jaden looked at Irweyn and laughed, "Oh look. The immortals are laughing at us today. Even stars die you know. They turn into nebulas... or black holes. Or even new stars. Well, regular stars." he recalled his astronomy lessons. "Dying means ceasing to exist really... you have no life in you. You're just.... dead. An eternal sleep" he trailed off. He didn't feel like explaining jokes. He found it amusing that 'immortals' who have been around so long had little to know knowledge on simple terms among most races. Or perhaps they just forgot them.

Edited by Sai

"So you will be no more? That terrible! That is not amusing at all! My people do not cease unless they choose to, but the 'regular stars', as you call them, cease often. Do you not get to choose when you wish to 'die'?" She asked, incredibly disturbed and upset at this news. And to think he had nearly 'died' right in front of her! How terrible! Her glow flickered with her emotions, practically blinking out her thoughts in morse code or something. This must be a very cruel world if people could stop existing and others find it amusing in the least bit.

Jaden lightly facepalmed, chuckling, "No. We are good for about a max of 100 years if you are lucky and then die. I mean, I've heard of some freaky necromancer stuff, but otherwise, you're dead when you're dead" he tapped his fingers on the table. He wished he could live forever. That would be stupendous. "Amusement is sarcasm. Say one thing. Mean the opposite. For laughs" he shrugged. It was something that sounded stupid to explain. But over the matter of emotion, emotions never made sense anyway. He smiled, "A slow process of dying really. You become more frail and tired as you age. Shrivel up like a prune and turn grey" he laughed at the thought of his grandmother still with a sword. Age never seemed to affect the Untamed.

Irweyn was even more confused. She looked at him quizzically, "If you say one thing, and mean the opposite, then how do you know when you really do mean it?" She asked, choosing to focus on only one of the things he said rather then bombard him with multiple questions. How did she know when he meant the opposite of what he said? The world of mortals was truly confusing. And wouldn't 'sarcasm' defeat the purpose of speaking in the first place, if it was only to contridict yourself?

Edited by chicbecause

Jeth felt increasingly ashamed as the conversation wore on. However he spoke up to correct Jaden on one point, a mistake he had encountered many times on his journey. "Actually Jaden, my people aren't immortal. At most we live between eight and ten thousand human years and do not live with the rise and fall of the sun like you do, we experiance the sensation of aging in the form of erosion." The elemental said explaining Jaden's misconception although Jeth sounded a bit monotonous in doing so, he'd explained it so many times it was practically automatic. "Also, I only laughed because the motions you were making were funney, I didn't know your life was in danger, my people don't experiance choking." He said apologetically to Jaden. "Miss. Star humans and other specie determine sarcasm through their tone. Also the day I was shaped was about eighteen hundred human years ago during a snowfall in the lands beyond our home. I believe the humans call it November. I do not know the human day." he said answering both Jaden's and Irweyn's questions.

Jaden brought up the day's first class and Jeth seemed to snap out of his automatic explination mode. "Oh that's right I look forward to studying the combative nature of the other cultures." that had been the elder's reasoniong behind having Jeth apply to Swordplay, although it sounded as if Jeth and the elders misunderstood the class.

Edited by En'K'Haral

"Call me Irweyn. I... don't really remember how I came to be, I can remember... Brightness. All over everywhere. It was on a New Moon, so they named me Ιρωεψν, or translated Irweyn." She replied. She listened as he spoke about the classes, picking up a piece of the lemon she had cut and taking a bite. Her glow brightened a tenfold and her face contorted itself into a million different expressions at once all while making squealing noises in between her lips, trying not to spit the lemon piece out.

"Irweyn it is then." Jeth said acknowledging Irweyn's introduction. "I am Jeth of the Slate, but you can just call me Jeth." He added introducing himself to the star. "These are my friends and acquaintances, Jaden, Ten-Jorra, Nick and I think his comrade had a name too but I can't recall it." Jeth said introducing each of the others and of course he meant Rein who was with Nick as well. "I'm curious to know what classes everyone has." He continued posing the question to those gathered at the table.

((I presumed Kira being moody as she is didn't sit with them xd.png))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((What has been going on for the last four or so pages? I forgot about this site for a while... Sorry.))