picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

((I just figured everyone would want to get a post in first.))

((Nah, it's self explanatory. They make the swords and stuff. Ladada\

And read the rules, lass))

((Alrighties then I guess we could timeskip now. It's been so long I totally forgot what they were talking about.))

"Well ok...see you tomorrow." Jeth said as Ten-Jorra walked off. Then he returned to the task of the swords with Kira and Jaden ready he made the oven by raising the ground around them, enclosing the trio and coal in a dome of stone with only a couple of vents for air. He relayed the instructions again to make sure Kira and Jaden fully understood their roles and then the work began. For the most part from outside it just sounded like a roaring fire with the occasional cracking sound.

After it was all done the coal had been heated and compressed, most of the surface material had just burned off but that was expected. What was important was the material underneath that melted down. With a few quick taps the crust fell off to reveal a still piping hot and completely black diamond. However it hardly seemed large enough to make three weapons. Jeth didn't say a word and began shaping. If they didn't know better it would have looked as though Jeth was mearly molding clay. The Diamond didn't bend or break but rather looked more like it was rolling as he shaped it with his hands. Jaden had been instructed to keep Jeth's hands cool for this task. When the elemental was done he collapsed the oven and held three weapons. A katana just right for Jaden's size and twin daggers rather than a single one for Kira. The whole weapon had been forged from the black diamond hilt and all. "I will carry them back for you and hold on to them for tonight while they cool properly. Be sure to stop by my dorm tomorrow morning to get your gifts." He said happily to his companions.

((So... after ts... I'm thinking early morning before class))

Jaden sat up in bed and looked around the room. Pale light spilled through the window, signifying early morning. The clock read 6am. Out the window there was thin fog around the forest and he could see the sparkle of dew on the grass. He shifted, feeling his egg beside him. He'd been worried about it getting cold and ended up sleeping with it, his furry tail fluffing up against it. Well.... he said tomorrow. So I guess... he paused. He wasn't sure how elementals slept but he knew the vampire wouldn't be disturbed if he visited this early. They were nocturnal, weren't they? Jaden slid from his bed and wrapped the still-warm blanket around his egg before leaving the room. His small form made little noise as he trotted down the halls and to Jeth's room. He paused outside, his ears twitching and listening for signs they were awake. A silent sigh escaped his lips and he knocked on the door softly.

"Come in." Came a hushed reply from behind the door. Jeth was staring out the window his green toga already on. He had woken up very early today, the spell that allowed him to sleep as regularly as humans was wearing off. The weapons he had made for Kira and Jaden were resting against he bed, just above the bed rested the egg on it's pink clouds. Jeth continued to stare out of the window watching the sun rise over the forest. I'll need to find someone to cast a renewed sleeping spell before the end of the month. Is there even a person here who can use magic like that? A frown formed on the elemental's face.

Jaden pushed the door open, awkwardly being just above the height of the doorknob. He spotted Jeff on his bed very much awake. The weapons lay on the floor, catching his gaze before he looked to the floating egg. It seemed so quiet. Jeff hadn't made any motion at all to talk or greet him. Jaden fiddled with his hands before clearing his throat, "So... how did they come out?" his tail curled around his legs anxiously. He never did well in silence. Back in his home city, the Untamed were always loud and pronounced.

Jaden's words caught Jeth's attention. He hadn't realized that the boy had already entered the room. "Sorry Jaden I was a little distracted." He turned to face the little untamed boy. "They have come out splendidly. They're sturdy in all the right places. Also they are still quite sharp too, so don't touch the cutting edge." He seemed proud of their work ut the last statment had a tone with emmense gravity. "Only hold it by the handle, also please treat it with respect." he said finally smiling again. The egg floated over to the elemental and hovered next to him. "Oh!" Jeth turned around and rummaged a bit before revealing a small block of stone inside of which was a 'V' with the same black diamond around the edge. "It won't be often but eventually the blade will dull. Use this to sharpen it. You just run the little 'V' along the blade. Aside from that they don't really need any care." Jeth said quietly explaining things to Jaden.

Jaden beamed as Jeth handed him a sword. In his city, this was like Christmas. "Yeah I grew up with swords. Thanks" she swung it around before placing it in the sheath on his back. He always enjoyed how light katanas were. "I'll take the dagger to Kira before class" he picked up the small dagger. "Class doesnt start till 9, so why not get some breakfast, hmm?" he smiled up at the elemental. he never got over how small Jeth made him feel. He had to look nearly straight up to look at his face. The Untamed ran to the door, his boots making barely audible pitter-patters.

Jeth held up the second dagger as well and placed it in Jaden's hands. "They are dual daggers both are for Kira. If you look you'll see that one is longer than the other." He said when Jaden offered to take the dagger to Kira. Jeth stood lowly after that and nodded at Jaden's offer for breakfast although the elemental didn't actually need to eat. His people sustained themselves by drawing energy from the earth itself. It happened naturally and needed no concentration. However, Jeth didn't tell Jaden that. Jeth hoped morning conversation would get his mind off of his looming troubles. "I'm glad you'll take the daggers to Kira for me. Let us go down so that you can eat."

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Ermigerd. Redhead? Double knives as weapons? NEL! FROM STAR OCEAN! Herp! .... Ok I'm done))

"Right, I'll be right back" he zipped out of the room in a flash and ran down the hall. Afraid of waking the seemingly angry fire mage, he carefully opened the door and peered in. She was still asleep along with her ferret. He set the blades down inside and backed out, closing the door. After, he ran back down to Jeth's room. "Alright, ready. So what do you eat? Rocks?" he asked, backing in the direction of the cafeteria. Everyone else's race was more or less easy to figure out by appearance, but Jeth was a bit more confusing.

Jeth was stunned by the boy's speed. Jeth stood when Jaden returned and followed the boy out of his room. The untamed asked is Jeth ate rocks and he couldn't help but laugh at that. How many people had thought that since he left home? "Well, yes and no. My people are sustained by the energy that runs through the earth and stone. We don't actually need to preform the act of eating to restore energy. However, we can eat the stone and earth to gain a serious boost of energy when we need it. You didn't see it but I ate some of the cave walls before rolling out that coal boulder. It takes time for the boost to kick in but allows us to preform beyond our normal abilities for a short time, but we erode in the process so it can be very dangerous too." Jeth explained as they made their ways through teh halls to the cafeteria. "Actually Elder Brit once said that some of the cities baned the eating of stone calling it what your kind of species call cannabilism." He added as a fun fact.

Dain stirred slightly in the back corner of his room. He wasn't one to be such an early morning riser, yet with his past he isn't really much of a deep sleeper. Because of this, he ended up waking up when Jaden opened the door to his and Jeth's room. At that time, instead of saying anything, Dain had reached up and pulled his hat down a little further. Dain waited for Jaden and Jeth to leave the room before getting up himself. Dain went to his closet and pulled out a long chest like box. When he opened it, he did so with extreme care and pulled out a long rapier. He had originally hoped Jeth could have made one for him so he wouldn't have to use this one, but it is what it is. Dain secured the rapier to his side and grabbed his coat, putting it one to hide him from the sun. Dain looked out the window one more time, pulling his hat slightly further down before heading out of the room.

Ten-Jorra walked out of her room with concerned look on her face. She spent the entire night meditating, reading, checking her egg, remembering her childhood when she tried to use spears for hunting and managing her spells in memory. While closing the door, she recalled the events of previous day.

"So... this is our first day of lessons." - she thought. For now the argonian decided to go and get herself something to eat, and she headed for cafeteria. There she took just a pair of salmon sandwiches and water. She walked to nearby table, sat down and began to eat.

Jaden listened as Jeth explained his race's eating habits. His ears twitched as Jeth mentioned he ate rock yesterday for a energy boost. "You're not gonna erode though.... right?" he asked, glancing back at the elemental. He had a sudden vision of Jeth crumbling away to dust and frowned as he stared forward again. The cafeteria came into view and he peered inside. He only spotted Ten-Jorra inside. It seemed most of the academy was not full of early risers. Then again, everyone traveled a long distance yesterday. They were probably tired.

Kira awoke from Faze jumping up and down on her, "Nnngh, what? Go away" she growled, rolling over. "Someone dropped off your blades" the ferret persisted. "Blades?" she groaned and sat up. her eyes adjusted and in the corner she saw two black short blades. She had asked for one out of practicality of self defense. She didn't even really know how to use one properly. Much less dual wielding. She sighed, "Maybe I should have picked up swordplay. But noooooo, werewolves use their claws with pride" she slid out of bed. She brushed her hair back into pigtails and stumbled out into the hallway with a scowl. Early mornings were not her thing. Faze jumped onto her shoulder as she locked her room and headed for the cafeteria.

"I'm afraid I already have Jaden. It happens at the time but is mostly internal, don't worry at worst I lost maybe a few human months. Not much more than perhapes a day to my people. I assure you, I'll still be standing sentinal long after your marker has passed into memory. So be sure to pass that sword down to your children that way I'll know your family." he said as they entered the cafeteria. Marker of course meant tombstone meaning only Jeth and perhapes other ancient race students would remember Jaden specifically. Jeth spotted the argonian and smiled. "Let's add a friend to our little group, what do you think?" He whispered to Jaden although his tone carried throught the cafeteria anyways.

Long after my marker? ... Comforting to think about Jaden laughed quietly. "Well... just.... don't eat any more. I don't think an energy boost is worth shaving time off your life..." he murmured. It was funny more to think about how long the sword would last. Passing it down generations? Maybe he would make something of himself after all when years later his family spoke of how he wielded it. Jaden nodded at Jeth and trotted forward. He waved at the Argonian before veering off to grab some mixture of cooked and raw meat, with orange juice on the side. He then skittered to the table and sat down across from her, "Morning Ten"

Upon noticing the duo and hearing Jeth's voice (due to tone), Ten-Jorra glanced at them. Nodding in response to Jaden (and Jeth too), she finished her first sandwich and watched as Untamed walked to her table and sat down on the other side. "Morning to you too, Jaden. And please call me Ten-Jorra, not Ten." - she smiled a bit, indicating that she is not irritated. - "How was the night?"

"It is discouraged but I can not make promises." Jeth said to Jaden simply. Jeth didn't get anything from the cafeteria instead he made his way over to Ten-Jorra and gave a small wave. Whil Jaden gathered his food Jeth placed his hand on the floor and raising it some stone came out of the tile. He stopped before it came all the way out and moved his hand away with a satisfied smile. Sitting on the stone stool placed Jeth next to the Argonnian. "Good morning Ten-Jorra. I slept well how about you?" He had assumed the question had been directed at both Jeth and Jaden.

(Just a heads up, I've lost all interest in roleplaying, and I won't be coming back to this thread most likely. Each and every one of you has been a dear friend to me, and I wish you the best with life.

Bye peeps.)

((I barely know you, warewolves, but still good bye.

And chic, yesterday (in RP) everyone in the forest, that were involved with coal-digging, were done and headed back to Academy. It's only morning right now, and there's Jeth (earth golem), Jaden (untamed) and Ten-Jorra (argonian) in cafeteria at the moment. Kira (werewolf) and Dain (vampire) are only making their way there.

Hope I helped.))

((Awks, :I shame too. Well I'll post tonight))

Dain turned his head and chuckled at what he saw walking down the hall half awake. Dain pulled his hat down slightly in a hello towards Kira. He smiled and waved. "Excuse me ma'am, but it seems that your hair is on fire." Dain was, of course, joking about her red hair. He took a few steps closer to Kira and frowned. "Oh, never mind it seems like I was just seeing things. Well how are you doing on this dreadful morning?"