Astralite

The Nicest Thing Someone Has Said to You?

My friend Erik just sent me a picture that said "I mean like, you suck sometimes, but I'd do anything for you" and it was like the best thing I've heard all week. I know I make mistakes, a lot of them really, but it's amazing to know how your friend still cares for you. (。︶◡︶。)

When I was crying and having an emotional breakdown from being badgered and pressed into doing things that would've been very bad for my health (since I have health issues and some restrict me to my house a lot sad.gif ) and I had gotten angry before then at those people but when I had gotten to my room, I shut the door and curled up in a blanket in the farthest and dimmest corner of my room from the door and started crying and shaking. I kept apologizing for not being the way everybody around me seemed to want me to be, and for being someone different, and then started apologizing for being myself and not the person they wanted instead. I wondered if it would've been better if I could've just been all they wanted me to be, instead of who I am.

Raven, my best friend and boyfriend at the time [my S.O. and practical husband in every way except a signature on a sheet today] held me close and dried my tears and looked me in the eye and said to me very sincerely, worried, and earnestly, "Why are you apologizing for who you are? That's the person that I love." Basically meaning he loved ALL of me, for who I am, faults and frailities, health issues and stubbornness, and good and bad points and all. His words so shocked me and got right through all my grief that I cried harder but in a happier, relieved "I'm loved! I'm seen and loved for who I am, JUST as I am right now!!!" way. x3 It still sticks with me as the most romantic and wonderful thing I've ever heard in my life! <3 wub.gif

I hope everybody else gets a chance in your lives to have someone tell you that you are loved, adored, cherished, and supported and held dear just for being who you are.~ <3 Exactly as you are now! <3 No changes needed.wub.gif

Sorry, but I just had to post a response to this: That is SUPER sweet and beautiful! ♥ Oh my gosh, I had tears creeping out of my eyes. smile.gif You and your boyfriend are very lucky people to have found each other. I wish you and your boyfriend all the love and happiness in the world! ♥

~~~~~~~

I can't recall all of the nice things people have said to me, but today (I've been on a weight loss journey since January and my mother documents the inches and stuff I've lost) my mother, being the sappy, story sharing woman she is, posted today on Facebook about my progress and how much I've come and just general updates, and everyone was saying how beautiful and stuff I looked. o3o. Total strangers my mom knows through marketing and stuff even, and it made me very happy. I know I'm beautiful, but it still feels nice to have someone say it. biggrin.gif

I'm thinking of what S.O. Could mean, and suppose it means Significant Other in this context. wink.gif Of course, it's correct. tongue.gif I have a very high intelligence.

Note: One of the nicest things I said to myself.

Sorry, but I just had to post a response to this: That is SUPER sweet and beautiful! ♥ Oh my gosh, I had tears creeping out of my eyes. smile.gif You and your boyfriend are very lucky people to have found each other. I wish you and your boyfriend all the love and happiness in the world! ♥

~~~~~~~

I can't recall all of the nice things people have said to me, but today (I've been on a weight loss journey since January and my mother documents the inches and stuff I've lost) my mother, being the sappy, story sharing woman she is, posted today on Facebook about my progress and how much I've come and just general updates, and everyone was saying how beautiful and stuff I looked. o3o. Total strangers my mom knows through marketing and stuff even, and it made me very happy. I know I'm beautiful, but it still feels nice to have someone say it. biggrin.gif

Aww thank you so much! <3 wub.gif If I could marry him we'd be husbands right now so that's why I use S.O. [significant other] to refer to him, not solely "boyfriend." smile.gif Been together for 3 years now and going steady through many upheavals and trying times! We've been each other's rock and have gotten all the closer for it. x3 wub.gif So I really consider myself blessed to know him and have him as my closest friend too, and he says the same about me. smile.gif I wanted to share what he said because I felt like it was extremely romantic and wonderful, and when I shared it with my mom before she didn't seem to really think much of it so... phooey her. <.< But thank you so much for the well wishes too! biggrin.gif <3

I wish you all the love and happiness in the world too hun! <3 I'm sure you look AMAZING and looked that at all parts of your life too just for the sweetness and awesomeness of your personality along with your beauty too! <3 I'm so amazed you've been accomplishing this journey and I'm sure you've put in a lot of good work and its coming to fruition now it sounds like! <3 You're beautiful both inside and out! :3 I'm so happy that others said you are as well! biggrin.gif

Hmmm nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.. Well, that would probably be when a couple of family friends came over for the weekend and we were playing a video game. I kept on winning so one the people called me a goddess of that game biggrin.gif. That was a pretty great feeling and i'm going to remember it for a looong time

When I was crying and having an emotional breakdown from being badgered and pressed into doing things that would've been very bad for my health (since I have health issues and some restrict me to my house a lot sad.gif ) and I had gotten angry before then at those people but when I had gotten to my room, I shut the door and curled up in a blanket in the farthest and dimmest corner of my room from the door and started crying and shaking. I kept apologizing for not being the way everybody around me seemed to want me to be, and for being someone different, and then started apologizing for being myself and not the person they wanted instead. I wondered if it would've been better if I could've just been all they wanted me to be, instead of who I am.

Raven, my best friend and boyfriend at the time [my S.O. and practical husband in every way except a signature on a sheet today] held me close and dried my tears and looked me in the eye and said to me very sincerely, worried, and earnestly, "Why are you apologizing for who you are? That's the person that I love." Basically meaning he loved ALL of me, for who I am, faults and frailities, health issues and stubbornness, and good and bad points and all. His words so shocked me and got right through all my grief that I cried harder but in a happier, relieved "I'm loved! I'm seen and loved for who I am, JUST as I am right now!!!" way. x3 It still sticks with me as the most romantic and wonderful thing I've ever heard in my life! <3 wub.gif

I hope everybody else gets a chance in your lives to have someone tell you that you are loved, adored, cherished, and supported and held dear just for being who you are.~ <3 Exactly as you are now! <3 No changes needed.wub.gif

That is the most beautiful and heart-warming thing I've heard in quite some time. Your boyfriend is a wonderful person and in a world where there are very few gems like him, that kind of true love is extremely hard to find. I wish nothing but true happiness to you both. wub.gif

My boyfriend is very similar. I'm not overweight by any means, but my physical fitness isn't as it should be. My boyfriend invited me into his pool a few weeks ago and I was embarrassed at first. He was already by the pool by the time I stepped out onto the patio and when she saw me his eyes lit up and he started blushing. I asked him what was wrong or if my bathing suit was showing too much and he said, "No, I just....didn't expect how stunning you'd look." He said a few other things too and it made me feel much less self conscious and we had a great time after that.

I really do love him and he is such an amazing person. I can't believe it took me since 8th grade to realize it. wub.gif

That is the most beautiful and heart-warming thing I've heard in quite some time. Your boyfriend is a wonderful person and in a world where there are very few gems like him, that kind of true love is extremely hard to find. I wish nothing but true happiness to you both. wub.gif

My boyfriend is very similar. I'm not overweight by any means, but my physical fitness isn't as it should be. My boyfriend invited me into his pool a few weeks ago and I was embarrassed at first. He was already by the pool by the time I stepped out onto the patio and when she saw me his eyes lit up and he started blushing. I asked him what was wrong or if my bathing suit was showing too much and he said, "No, I just....didn't expect how stunning you'd look." He said a few other things too and it made me feel much less self conscious and we had a great time after that.

I really do love him and he is such an amazing person. I can't believe it took me since 8th grade to realize it. wub.gif

IKR?! I so prize him forever and ever especially for what he said to me when I most needed it. He's said other things like that over the years and its just so wonderful. x3 If I could marry him right now I so would! Due to some difficulties at the moment, that's not yet possible however. Dangit. -p- But I consider him my husband in every way that matters, even if the state may need a signature on a marriage form to prove it. -p- Thank you and I wish you nothing but true happiness to you and your boyfriend too! wub.gif That is so utterly amazing! wub.gif Your boyfriend sounds like quite the gem too! I know the feeling since I feel so self-conscious about my body too, due to being transgender, and just knowing that you're so loved and desirable just as you are, just as your body is, is just so amazing! <3 I'm SO HAPPY that you have that with your boyfriend, that is utterly perfect! wub.gif He's so lucky to have a wonderful, beautiful, and amazing person like you! <3 And I'm so glad you guys realized that you work so well together! wub.gif Such a beautiful tale indeed!

I just remembered that I was once referred to as "that kid who knows a lot about strange things".

That is one of the finest compliments I've ever gotten.

"Her voice is probably the best thing in the world, it's just so good! I could listen to her read the textbook and just fall asleep; not in the way that her voice is boring, but that it is soothing. (Aquenee), read something out of the textbook!"

Me: *reads something out of government textbook*

"IS THAT NOT THE BEST THING EVER?!"

thanks mr. civics teacher?

That entire class is obsessed with my normal speaking voice now. I find it a lot more odd and strange than "nice," but I know the intention is nice so I guess it is cool that people like my voice hahaha

Just toady, actually, I was talking to a friend and they said...

"You need to stop being so smart around me."

I think that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me who wasn't related to me.

About two weeks ago, I was buying a lottery ticket and I got ID'd. I'm in my mid thirties. It was probably just because the cashier was around 19 and doing her job, but it made me feel good. xd.png

You're amazing! You're the love of my life!

At the end of my Uni course, there was a showcase for the creative writing students. I'd been to the one the previous year and had built up my courage to submit a short story. The day of the showcase came and not only was the audience much bigger than the one I'd been to, we were in an actual theatre, so my nerves were all over the place by the time it was my turn to read.

At the end, I had several people talking to me about my story, but the one that stuck out most and has stayed with me was one gentleman who came up to me and said "Normally I don't like horror or fantasy stories, but your story was my favourite of the entire night."

I have never felt so happy.

Edited by CharonDusk

Someone has shown me this wonderful poem when I asked if she has time to talk.

A Time to Talk

Robert Frost

When a friend calls to me from the road

And slows his horse to a meaning walk,

I don't stand still and look around

On all the hills I haven't hoed,

And shout from where I am, What is it?

No, not as there is a time to talk.

I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,

Blade-end up and five feet tall,

And plod: I go up to the stone wall

For a friendly visit.

My mother uncharacteristically called me nice and kindhearted after years of telling me that I have a black heart and I'm mean. Lol, funniest change of heart.

i just love when my school girls ALWAYS sees everything i wear new or if i have an extremely small scent of perfume. example : "WOW are these your new shoes" "are these new jeans?"

Edited by lio4ik

I was waiting for the Septa bus, and sat next to this guy that looked to be in his late 30s on bench. He turned and looked at me and smiled. Then I smiled back at him. His face loaded with faded tattoos on his dark brown complexion, and he said to me, "wow...that smile...you're the reason that the sun rises in the morning and why the moon shines so bright at night. Please know that I am not trying to hit on you, but you are beautiful, and your husband is a lucky man..." (Ps: I'm not married) ..."I probably won't remember this day once tomorrow comes, because of my parietal lobe brain tumor, but I just wanted to thank you for allowing me to wake up another day with purpose"

The irony of this situation, meeting this random gentleman on the bench, was that it was the week of the anniversary of my dad passing away from a glioblastoma brain tumor.

It's amazing how a stranger can have such a strong impact on me, but I will remember that day for the rest of my life. He felt that I somehow had a huge impact on his day, but he warmed my heart for the rest of my life. I love people. Ps, that's why I type in gray, as it's the color for brain tumor awareness.

Talking to one of my friends, I said something about how I believe my face is too small and he said that my face was perfectly proportioned.

Mine is something my Girlfriend said to me.

"Love shouldn't be about just the fun parts of being together, otherwise it seems too fake, if we fight, its more realistic, it lets me know how you feel. When you need time alone. Love is about accepting someones flaws and still staying with them because you are happy with them. I know you at your best and you're just wonderful, I can handle the worst because the good outweighs the bad, It isn't about loving one aspect of a person. Its about loving every single part of them, which I do. I know how much you fight and try your hardest to be what you call normal. But I don't need you to be completely normal. I love you for who you are. We can get you help. But even if it never goes, I will always want to stay with you, because thats what love is, so Yes (my name here) I will Marry You"

I suffer from a few mental illnesses, including Depression, Paranoia and Dissasociative Identities. I was in a very dark place when I originally met my now Fiance, I had had a string of 3 people that I was close to die within the space of about a month. But I met Her, and we just hit it off, like something crazy good. And I just knew there was something special <3

Hence why we're already engaged and it hasn't even been a full year. Call it moving quickly if you want, but the both of us know how sure we are. xd.png