Astralite

The Nicest Thing Someone Has Said to You?

Someone commented on one of my descriptions, "You are a wonderful writer." That meant so much because it was anonymous: the person who wrote that didn't know me and wasn't just trying to make me feel good. They meant it. It made my day a thousand times over.

My best friend and others always tell me they can count on me and that I'm reliable and trustworthy. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like I just ate a gerbil or a hamster. :3

My friends and I were just chilling out at this one guy's house, and the dubstep version of the song "Cinema" comes on. We're all bored, so we all get up and start jumping up and down, you know, fist pumping and crap. The year before I'd taken hip-hop lessons, which were fun and all, but too expensive. Well the dubstep begins and I just go wild, busting out with all I got. I thought everyone else was too, but it turns out they were all standing and watching. After I stopped, they all just clapped. One of my friends comes up to me, and is like. "Bro, you're a freaking amazing dancer. That was incredible.". Man, that really made me feel awesome.

This lady at our church wrote this to me in a Prayer Journal she gave me and my best friend. It really made my day!

You're a beautiful child of God and I'm encouraged by your faith.

I was so touched! smile.gif

"You smell great!!!"

Said every girl I've ever come in contact with ever. Apparently the cologne I wear is very appealing or something. What is it? I'll never tell wink.gif

"You smell great!!!"

Said every girl I've ever come in contact with ever. Apparently the cologne I wear is very appealing or something. What is it? I'll never tell wink.gif

No, you can't use pheromones as a cologne. :almosttruestory:

Maybe this belongs in the bragging thread, but:

It's my pleasure to let you know I've nominated your work for the 2011 Pushcart Prize.

Came in an email last winter. I'm a very-lightly-published writer, so this meant more to me than I can say. I saved the message.

Everyone says I make the best last minute poems. One time, someone asked if I could make poem for them in five minutes. She looked desparate so I made her one. The following day she said she loved it and it was better than poems that had been made with much thought.

It's a tie between two things my boyfriend said- no wait three -gosh Josh do you have to keep spouting absolutely sweet romantic things all the time? wub.gif

We were playing a rather depressing game of what if. He says "what if..." And I say "our lives would crumble." "I wouldn't let them"

Over the phone, both of us being lazy, laying in our beds spending the day just chatting and he says

"I love you. A lot. More than a lot. *pause* More like the ocean"

And in a letter(we have this weird hobby of written letters to each other when were not physically together or able to talk on the phone)

"I haven't really cried since my brother died. Haven't been able to. I've almost been a drone. But when I met you and your family everything changed. I got my emotions back and for once I have been soooooo joyful. If I have to step down from leadership and drums for however long to get you and the trust and the joy back then so be it. I don't care. If give that a million times over than have you feel like crap."

Another BF one, sorry, lol.

We had been dating a year at that point, and one night he came back to our apartment after hanging out with our neighbours down the hall, crawled into bed-with tears in his eyes-and said, "if you were kidnapped and taken to Hades, I would crawl on hands and knees, if I had to, to bring you back."

I was flattered of course, but it wasn't until he told me that he had been playing Jason and the Argonauts on XBOX, that I clued in. So sweet and all romantical-like wub.gif

I have been told some wonderful things by my giftees, but I would feel like I'm bragging, so I'm not going to share those wink.gif

Speaking of not looking your age, my BF and I went to a nightclub in Niagara Falls, and even though my BF is 8 years younger than me, I was asked for ID and he was not. The bouncer looked at me and said that there was no way that I was 33 (my age at the time.) Makes you feel so good, lol.

Speaking of not looking your age, my BF and I went to a nightclub in Niagara Falls, and even though my BF is 8 years younger than me, I was asked for ID and he was not. The bouncer looked at me and said that there was no way that I was 33 (my age at the time.) Makes you feel so good, lol.

Funny, I've been ID'd buying alcohol before now. I've been legal to do that for over a decade, so it's always slightly flattering when it happens.

A girl that I'd just met: "You know, you'd be a really good model. You're tall, skinny and pretty."

I don't get compliments very much.

My best friend offered to go with me to a dance since we didn't have anything to do that night. When he came to pick me up he said I looked wonderful.

Another time I was upset and he pulled me aside and told me that if I ever needed to talk about anything, that he'd be there for me in a heartbeat and cares about me a lot. a. lot. (repeated the a lot like 3 times)

He also told me I deserve a boyfriend because I'm an awesome person and the best person, both as a girl and overall, he's ever met.

"You have a really beautiful smile."

My one friend told me that... and a couple of guys tongue.gif

many people say

"you really good at arts, you know. you should continue your talent!"

and I've always been happy when i heard that^^

Probably being told that you are one of the best writers in the class, and that you can adapt to different styles well.

I love writing as well so that was lovely.

My sister told me the other day that I "have a good sense of people, the world, and how they all fit together". Not sure how truthful that is, but it was definitely one of the nicer things I've heard.

One of my friends said that they "like how I put humor into everything."

It's true, I do try to put humor in a lot, even if I don't talk too much. And even if it's crummy humor.

"You have a nice smile".

It was said to me by a customer on a day that I was really, really happy (which turned into one of the worst days ever by the end because that's how my life goes).

My mom says that I have an old soul. I thought at first that this meant I acted like an old fuddy duddy who never did anything fun. Then i realized she meant that I am mature and behave more responsibly and thoughtfully then most kids my age

"You are not a freak." ~one of two teachers I really look up to and one I considered a second mom throughout my senior year of HS

Said after I called myself one to my friends. I didn't even mean it as a bad thing, but she was so vehement about me not being a freak and listing why I wasn't. It's one thing that's really stuck with me all these years. <3

"This little one is indestructible." - my Serbian language teacher from grade school.

One of my friends told me that I looked like Helen of Troy, so I was absolutely flattered by it even though there is NO CHANCE that I'll ever be that beautiful.

And also, I was talking to my friend once about some problems she had with her other friend, telling her how it's all going to work out in the end, and she told me: "You're an angel."

But the best was when my mum told me that she loved me for the first time.

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif