Astralite

The Nicest Thing Someone Has Said to You?

Back in elementary school what- six years ago my mom told me I was responsible enough for a hamster. She was my first pet. Still one of the happiest days of my life

Edited by DOLPHIN232

You have a nice handwriting. I am really quite surprised that a lot of people are saying this now. I thought my mother was only boosting my confidence. Also, it is very surprising that my mother also said my writing (penmanship) is currently now better than my sister. That is considering that she was the one who won penmanship contests and Chinese calligraphy writing a lot back in the old days.

Probably "You guys are so adorable!" Said by one of my good friends in reference to my BF and I. Also "I love that you're squishy! You're like a fluffy teddy bear!" Said by my BF. :3

Hmmm....this is hard. So many people have said such nice things to me! Probably the one most people say is "Oh, I love your hair! It's beautiful!" (that's when I have long hair. It's short right now, so I only got compliments on it when I first got it cut). And on Sundays (when I'm wearing dresses) my mom normally says something like "You like so pretty today!" or "Oh, you look so cute in that!". And are tons of other things people have said, but that's just what I'll say for now. smile.gif

So the Warrior Cats Wiki has a project that makes art for character pages, using specified lineart, and last year they were working on new lines. People would submit their work, and people would vote for about a week before a decision was made. This was for the purpose of picking who did the lineart.

So I submitted one, and shortly after, one of the leaders of the project contacted me about it. In their words, "I really like those and I think they're super amazing!! Do you mind if I use them for my personal image?"

Later on they had to change their vote in order to break a tie, but they told me they still liked mine a lot. It made my day happy.gif

The nicest thing anyone has ever said to me was a comment on one of the chapters of one of my fanfictions. They said, "If I could marry a book, it would be one by A.S. King or this one." That just made me burst with happiness. It still does.

"You have an excellent sense of humour"

Many people say mine sucks

My chemistry teacher has complimented my lab reports a lot of times, even in front of other people when I wasn't around, but now he's taken it up a notch and allegedly said I could skip years of college on the spot and go straight for a degree (I'm in high school). Dude apparently has no idea what he's talking about, I'm actually dumb as a rock so I've no clue where the hell he got that or if he was even thinking of the right person, but I mean... I like this teacher a lot, a lot, and am having some serious warm fuzzies right now anyways. wub.gif

edit: see, I'm so dumb I got a word wrong oops. how do I English

Edited by Orlageddon

"You could probably work for Marvel now!" when I was having a rough day with my art. It really boosted my spirits, even though it's not true.

I wish you didn't have to go. That's the one that stuck with me anyhow. But another girl once told me she wished I was her sidekick. She's such a nice girl that she's said nicer things to me but I feel that she was trying to tell my friend to appreciate me more and I was deeply embarrassed

I teach elementary music, and I'm constantly having kids telling me things like, "I like your shirt!" or "You look really pretty today!" but the one that sticks out the most for me was, "Have you ever heard of that show The Voice? I think you should be on it, because you sing really pretty!"

I was once referred to as "that bear of a nurse."

I got a mother's day card reading "congratulations . I turned out amazing." That was cool, as I think she is pretty great.

I was in 3rd period history, and we were out-of-dress for the day. My teacher was doing something, and out of the blue she asked me to stand up. I do not like a lot of attention, and I felt terrified, but I stood up anyway. She looked at me, and said "That outfit looks really cute on you." I smiled, and sat down quickly and turned my head to the wall. It's not that I don't like compliments, I don't like a lot of attention. But I thought it was really sweet!

Math teacher made my day. We were working on a problem and he hadn't brought the answer to this one, and a few classmates had gotten results but weren't sure, so he walked over to me like "Here, I'll check on the mathematician and see what *she* came up with..."

Thing is that I couldn't seem to figure it out at the moment, and was pretty pissed about it (because it's trig, and screw trig, right?). I've been really mad at math lately since I'm not getting things as fast as before. But that kind of boosted my confidence and I think I got it after all x3

I'm also reminded how one time after I corrected this teacher, he was like, "Oh! Right. Good thing we have [my last name] here to keep an eye on me..."

And one time he complimented my outfit, too, but I'm about 101% sure that was because we were coincidentally wearing the exact same color xd.png

Aaaand my chem teacher keeps writing "Perfect, as usual! =)" on my lab reports & tests and it's just wub.gif

It's mostly just small things but I really appreciate when teachers say these. More than from family or friends, because I can be more certain it's not bias, or trying to get me to stop whining about my self-esteem issues x3

I got a lovely review from teaching a session at Uni today, my facilitator referred to my teaching as "watching the master at work."

"Oh my god, your chin is awesome." -a lady behind the counter at panera

or

waitress: *leans down within a foot of my face* "Wow, you have really pretty eyes!"

Kinda freaked me out but it's nice to know I have at least two redeeming features lol