Astralite

The Nicest Thing Someone Has Said to You?

"You restore my faith in humanity."

I'm still not sure what brought about that comment, it really took me by surprise! I don't consider myself the... most mature person in the world. But it was nice to hear.

"You're a good person."

I had just finished giving this guy I didn't know very well some advice, and I really didn't think I was helping him but he said I helped him out a lot. So that made me feel really good inside. happy.gif

"You have pretty eyes."

I love this statement, 'cause it's just a nice way of saying "You're ugly."

Someone called me cute when I yawned today. I object though, I'm sure I look like a demon when I yawn. :b

"You're good at writing."

...Or anything similar to that. It makes me cry because I don't have much confidence in my writing but I really want to be an author, so when people say I'm good at projecting emotion through written words, am good at writing, or anything of the sort, I sort of break down and feel really happy but also doubt them but in the end just accept it and feel really good about myself.

Especially when I know they actually read my writing.

...When they say it to my face though right after reading something I wrote I get really nervous and flustered and my face turns red.

"You're straight to the point and fearless."

I've never considered myself fearless, but I feel very happy to have been told that.

"Nice picks!"

The guy running the used book stall on my campus commented that while bagging the books I'd just bought. I thanked him and smiled for about 15 minutes after that. I get compliments on my appearance from time to time but hardly anyone ever comments on what I read, so that made me happy.

Someone complimented my voice once. I usually would've found that kind of creepy, but it was a girl I never talked to and she just tapped my shoulder in the middle of a conversation and was like "Wow, I am obsessed with your voice! It's so pretty!" Just my normal voice while having a conversation. It was really nice, because I had never even thought about whether or not my voice sounded nice or not, but now I'm pretty confident that I have a lovely voice and I still think about that compliment a lot.

"You don't suck quite as much as everyone else."

Edited by Brotato

"I don't know what I would do without you."

When this was said I was really touched. wub.gif

Just over a year ago I visited a very dear family friend who was quite old (mid-70s) and was dying of cancer. She told me "I loved you from the moment I saw you" - that was the last time I saw her alive since she died a couple of days later. I don't think I will ever forget that.

I was on the bus going home from archery lessons sitting alone. An older man came on a few stops later and sat next to me. He asked me how I was doing, if I went to school, if I was happy, if my grades were good etc. We talked a little and he had to leave but he wished me good luck in school and told me that I was really nice and he was happy that he could have a conversation. I don't know why but it really stuck to me, but it was one of the nicest people who have talked to me

The only one I can think of at the moment, happened last week some time:

"You're the only sane one in this house."

If only they understood the irony behind that.

Quote-unquote: "I seriously miss the censorkip.gif out of you."

I don't really consider myself all that likable and I don't make friends very easily, so it's always a bit shocking but really nice to know that there are a couple of people who actually care about me and miss my presence when I'm gone.

Quote-unquote: "I seriously miss the censorkip.gif out of you."

I don't really consider myself all that likable and I don't make friends very easily, so it's always a bit shocking but really nice to know that there are a couple of people who actually care about me and miss my presence when I'm gone.

wink.gif There will always be people who will like you as well as those who will dislike you. Don't please everybody. I couldn't say "be yourself" since when will you know that copying another person isn't part of being you, correct?

When I was crying and having an emotional breakdown from being badgered and pressed into doing things that would've been very bad for my health (since I have health issues and some restrict me to my house a lot sad.gif ) and I had gotten angry before then at those people but when I had gotten to my room, I shut the door and curled up in a blanket in the farthest and dimmest corner of my room from the door and started crying and shaking. I kept apologizing for not being the way everybody around me seemed to want me to be, and for being someone different, and then started apologizing for being myself and not the person they wanted instead. I wondered if it would've been better if I could've just been all they wanted me to be, instead of who I am.

Raven, my best friend and boyfriend at the time [my S.O. and practical husband in every way except a signature on a sheet today] held me close and dried my tears and looked me in the eye and said to me very sincerely, worried, and earnestly, "Why are you apologizing for who you are? That's the person that I love." Basically meaning he loved ALL of me, for who I am, faults and frailities, health issues and stubbornness, and good and bad points and all. His words so shocked me and got right through all my grief that I cried harder but in a happier, relieved "I'm loved! I'm seen and loved for who I am, JUST as I am right now!!!" way. x3 It still sticks with me as the most romantic and wonderful thing I've ever heard in my life! <3 wub.gif

I hope everybody else gets a chance in your lives to have someone tell you that you are loved, adored, cherished, and supported and held dear just for being who you are.~ <3 Exactly as you are now! <3 No changes needed.wub.gif