Astralite

The Nicest Thing Someone Has Said to You?

I'm understanding, kind and really smart. It really does make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when people are nice smile.gif

On the bus from a school trip, my friend decided to get me to come along to see her group of friends. It should be noted that I'm extremely socially awkward and anxious about meeting new people, so naturally I was sort of trying to politely decline for a while. Suddenly my chemistry teacher, who is my favorite, sitting in front of us, turns around and is all, "Come on Betty, you can do it."

I look up to this teacher a lot and that was just so sweet of him I just. guhh. And guess what, I did go after all, and somehow it wasn't a complete disaster biggrin.gif

Also, now that I'm reminded of it by a post on the previous page:

user posted image

WHO ARE YOU RANDOM PERSON SHOW YOUR FACE. Also put on your glasses. No seriously though, that honestly made my day when I received it <3

On a particularly harrowing day at work, one of the new guys, when I said my daughter was sixteen, interrupted the conversation, and said to me, in his southern accent,

"You barely look sixteen yourself"

It made my day.

I will never forget it.

I have stress dealing with people but my friends have told me

"I have a beautiful and kind soul despite what I show the world. I have dealt with many challenges and should be bitter and hateful, but I still give the shirt off my back to help those in need"

Think I cried and hugged them for it

On the bus from a school trip, my friend decided to get me to come along to see her group of friends. It should be noted that I'm extremely socially awkward and anxious about meeting new people, so naturally I was sort of trying to politely decline for a while. Suddenly my chemistry teacher, who is my favorite, sitting in front of us, turns around and is all, "Come on Betty, you can do it."

I look up to this teacher a lot and that was just so sweet of him I just. guhh. And guess what, I did go after all, and somehow it wasn't a complete disaster biggrin.gif

Also, now that I'm reminded of it by a post on the previous page:

user posted image

WHO ARE YOU RANDOM PERSON SHOW YOUR FACE. Also put on your glasses. No seriously though, that honestly made my day when I received it <3

ohmy.gif What they hay! Why are you showing that message? *protests* That's supposed to be personal and for you only.

user posted image I was actually wondering if I should comment or not, with an inclination of not, but then you surprised me with "put on your glasses" part. tongue.gif I didn't know you can predict that I'm not wearing my glasses at the moment. user posted image Anyway, I didn't know how you'll react if I say that, thus the anonymity.

Reason behind is I've been visiting the People Behind thread post. There's a lot of awesome dragon collectors there. user posted image You have that characteristic of those I find attractive, and do not worry, never worry, about being socially awkward; I'm too by the way.

Also, I swear on Naomi's teapot that I didn't foresee the gift would look that plain. I suppose I rushed off some gifts to be delivered because there's too many of them.

dry.gif And so, I guess the djinn is out of the bottle, so to speak.

That I can be trusted.

My new bf calls me goregous almost daily and it makes me feel like I am worth something. He makes me feel like a woman instead a toy, like my old one did.

ohmy.gif What they hay! Why are you showing that message? *protests* That's supposed to be personal and for you only.

user posted image I was actually wondering if I should comment or not, with an inclination of not, but then you surprised me with "put on your glasses" part. tongue.gif I didn't know you can predict that I'm not wearing my glasses at the moment. user posted image Anyway, I didn't know how you'll react if I say that, thus the anonymity.

Reason behind is I've been visiting the People Behind thread post. There's a lot of awesome dragon collectors there. user posted image You have that characteristic of those I find attractive, and do not worry, never worry, about being socially awkward; I'm too by the way.

Also, I swear on Naomi's teapot that I didn't foresee the gift would look that plain. I suppose I rushed off some gifts to be delivered because there's too many of them.

dry.gif And so, I guess the djinn is out of the bottle, so to speak.

Oh gosh I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to be rude! :< I didn't even really expect anyone to actually, well, show their face xd.png so my wording came out a bit unfortunate, too.

But I really just found the message incredibly sweet, so I wanted to show. Is all. (Weirdly, introverted as I am, I'm a bit of an oversharer at times. Jeez) Thanks a bunch for it, it was really nice of you, and as I said made my day when I received it. biggrin.gif (If anything, I was a bit disappointed it was anonymous so I couldn't send a gift back. Too late for that now ._.)

And I don't think the gift looks plain at all. tongue.gif

Oh gosh I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to be rude! :< I didn't even really expect anyone to actually, well, show their face xd.png so my wording came out a bit unfortunate, too.

It's not rude. laugh.gif Nothing to worry about.

Speaking of People Behind the Post, I got a nice compliment there a long time.

You are handsome, though. Crush-material (girl terms, don't ask). All the younger photos are adorable

*thinks deeply* Well, it's been a long time I showed my face there. Perhaps...

---

Well, I do not get compliments often. If there are, it would be that I'm organised and neat. ^^ I'm like that to the point of being OC, obsessed with getting everything in neatly arranged piles with categories. tongue.gif If not, I can't get any work done.

Eh.. I'm not sure. i don't get that many compliments, but I think it's a tie between:

"You look like you're only 18 years old" - I am 23 for the record.

and

"Omg, you're so fluffy!" Maybe not the most charming comment, but I just find it adorable ^^

The nicest thing someone has said to me...funny thing is, it all has to do with my stories over at fanfiction. There were three compliments that stand out above the others.

One reviewer said:

You really need some sort of an award! I like this "actor idea" and the way you wrote it out in this story made my day!

another wrote:

your writing is often quite light-hearted and puts me in a good mood!

I always love making others smile so hearing that I can actually help someone and brighten their day makes me feel pretty good. happy.gif

Those and others were amazing and rewarding enough, but this last one really took the cake. It was also an added bonus because it was from another author whom I really admire. ^^

your writings and story is beyond amazing! Want to know why its amazing? You have captured every character perfectly, as if you written Stargate SG1 and Final Fantasy VII yourself! For example, in this chapter you introduced Simmons, and just like when I the show, I wanted to punch him in the face. His personality was just like in the show! You have done that flawlessly with every character from both universes. That is something that is hard to do for fanfiction writers to do and you are able to do it perfectly!

As someone who tries really hard to keep everything accurate and study the characters to keep them IC, hearing something like that really makes everything worth while. TTwTT

Edited by Syiren

One of life's nicest things are said nonverbally. Take this morning sky for instance. It's like God is painting a picture for you that says, "Have Hope!". biggrin.gif I believe that is simple yet beautiful as well as inspiring.

The nicest thing ever said to me happened recently, and was said by a good friend. To put it summarily, she said that I am essential in getting her through her struggles with PTSD and her closed head injury after her car accident, and that I was one of the biggest reasons that her daughters still have a mother.

Which I feel like I don't deserve all the praise. All I did was commiserate and reassure her that she's not alone in feeling the way she does - I'd had a serious closed head injury as a kid, so it was interesting to listen to someone who's developed a lot of the same 'quirks', as it were, as a result of it.

Edited by Omega Entity

One of the better things to be said to me is. "You know I wish I was you" one of my friends said that. And I replied. "Then it wouldn't be fun being me cause then there would be two of me" and we laughed.

"You have soft hair."

A random girl in my school came up to me and said that a long time ago. I didn't even know her.

I never saw her again.

One of the better things to be said to me is. "You know I wish I was you" one of my friends said that. And I replied. "Then it wouldn't be fun being me cause then there would be two of me" and we laughed.

Imitation... wink.gif It's the highest form of flattery. Ironically, it also has the potential to be the highest form of insult.

I don't remember what she said exactly, but one of my classmates who is an extremely talented artist came up to me in the hallway randomly and started gushing about a painting I'd done that had been sitting on the drying rack in the art room. That comment just about made my entire week.

Also, waaaay back during a Description Day event a few years ago, one of the mods who was helping commented on one of my descriptions, saying "I came in here to gush over a well-done misunderstood Vine dragon, and it was yours, Hawk." I screenshotted that. I'd had so much trouble with that one descrip and it was so awesome hearing that.

And the time my best friend said I'd never be rid of her. wub.gif

My best friend that I've known for ten years has five other siblings and her twelve year old sister said that she looks at me like a blessing in disguise. That comment made my day a whole lot brighter. wub.gif

Wow, you're pretty!

(Little girl in mall when I was 12 (she was I dunno, 4-5?))

But nothing else...

One time I was on my way to the lunch room by myself (I forgot my lunch) and I ran into a girl who rode my bus, we'd never talked or really even made eye contact. She was walking with her friend, who, upon seeing me, widened her eyes and said, "You're really pretty. Like, really pretty." I don't get many compliments, and being the awkward little me that I am, I sort of shrank back and stuttered out a, "You too." and scurried off to the lunch room. Never saw her again after that.

My grandmother was going on at me about gaining weight after going on holiday (only a kilo and a half, and I'd just come off the plane a few hours ago). My mom kind of joined in too with a joke. It got to the point where I burst into tears and left the room.

My grandfather pottered through and peered at me, then asked why I was sitting there.

"They repeatedly called me fat."

"Well, I say you're repeatedly gorgeous."

With the man he is, I would never have expected that from him. But he said it. And it did make me feel a bit better. I don't think I'll ever forget that.

I'm a sucker for compliments that come from my boyfriend--looks, intellect, humor, I really don't care what they're in regards to.

I'm also quite fond of people that compliment my writing--particularly professors. <3