TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

I missed a lot of pages. xd.png

I must look at the adults now. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Wow! Pretty! They DO only breed with themselves. :3

Edited by xLemon

Has there been any word on whether or not it's possible to breed them with other dragons? The description makes it just sound difficult. I could see it working with Stone dragons.

These are cool. I think it's the color that does it for me, yellow and black look great together. The description totally reminds me of hyenas, so I think it's safe to assume these guys are the jerks of the dragon world =o

So then the question is - are jerks the "Epitome of Everything Nine Loves" or do I need to get a different name?

Got four and influenced two male and two female. Squeee~

I really don't come on DragonCave enough anymore. Missed the onslaught of eggs, so I guess I'll have to try to grab one amidst all the other eggs. So much harder that way, but oh well.

EDIT: Wow! Pretty! They DO only breed with themselves. :3

Has someone confirmed that? huh.gif

(As in *absolutely impossible* to breed with others)

Edited by DeathCry

So then the question is - are jerks the "Epitome of Everything Nine Loves" or do I need to get a different name?

Lol. They're cool, they're sleek, but alas they are not the epitome of everything Nine loves™. Tragic.

You've got great taste in placeholder dragons though =o

I like to image these guys and Misfits getting along well. Shame they can't breed... or, maybe that's a good thing. Electric x Turpentine might look nice if they truly can breed with other dragons.

Unless the spriter has said so, it can't have been confirmed yet that they can only breed with themselves because no one has dragons that have grown up yet. The earliest ones grabbed still have a day or so left until they can mature. Until then, we won't know.

Have six eggs here. 3 influenced female, 3 male. Depending on how rare they are, I may gift/trade the last pair.

I feel a little disappointed that there was only one breed in this release. I kinda feel like the fun was over a little too fast. I hope it means the next release comes sooner or there are more breeds in the next one, and TJ just had one this time to balance it out. and maybe one of those releases will have some eastern-style breeds... Pretty please?

If you read the adult description right at the end it says, "so they primarily breed amongst themselves".

Have six eggs here. 3 influenced female, 3 male. Depending on how rare they are, I may gift/trade the last pair.

I feel a little disappointed that there was only one breed in this release. I kinda feel like the fun was over a little too fast. I hope it means the next release comes sooner or there are more breeds in the next one, and TJ just had one this time to balance it out. and maybe one of those releases will have some eastern-style breeds... Pretty please?

I agree with you on the eastern releases :/ that would be awesome!...

If you read the adult description right at the end it says, "so they primarily breed amongst themselves".

It doesn't say they absolutely cannot breed with other dragons, though, which is what the question was asking for confirmation on. :3

I think they might have a much lower chance of breeding with other dragons (based on the description), although the possibility that they can't breed at all (with the exception of themselves) is also possible.

OMG, sooooo purty!

I was hoping that I wouldn't like these dragons because I hate breeding restrictions. But, nope, they gotta be gorgeous!!!

The yellow & charcoal gray is so striking. Kudos to the artist!

Though TJ's first post says that other breeds are more likely to refuse it. unsure.gif

My first four have gendered- 2 male and two female. happy.gif They've still got about a day and a half to adulthood, though.

Though TJ's first post says that other breeds are more likely to refuse it. unsure.gif

I'm guessing it will breed like an ultra rare with other breeds but breed like its rarity (uncommon maybe?) with its own breed. So getting a Turp x Other breed would be the equivalent of getting a Gold x a Gold.

At least, that's my theory.

I hope they can breed with other dragons, even if it's a small chance. I like making lineages, and these guys would look pretty cool in them.