TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

Hm, the sprite looks quite simple, but elegant. Nice dragon and interesting description. =)

I have 17 so far, they are still easy to catch for me at full hours and in the 5min drops. Three eggs will hatch within the hour... I'll be completely hatchi and egg locked soon, I'm afraid. ninja.gif

Edit: 20/20. Enough. cool.gif

Edited by kunigund

Many other breeds consider turpentine dragons to be pests, so they primarily breed among themselves."

'Primarily' being the operative word. I take that to mean that they breed mostly among themselves, but can indeed breed with other dragons sometimes.

I now have 14 of the new dragons. My goal is 20. I just snatched another new egg. They're a lot harder to grab now, that's for sure. :S

Edited by MedievalMystic

I think my friend found out before me... She said a turpentine was in the AP and when shebclickwd it it said she was 1 second late. DC doesnt do that, but my friend always lies. -__- I love hatchling sprites! When my pair grows up, imma breed them and freeze the hatchi. My first is gonna hatch ~^^~

All but one of my Turps have gendered so far, and 4 of those 5 gendered male! At least I've gotten at least one male and one female! Whew...

well ill failed to get any turpentiens again... back to catching commons for freezing

If they could only breed among themselves, would TJ Freeze one of only two?

Wouldn't he have had three of the sprites up, in that case?

I do believe (and I could be wrong) that the only dragons TJ breeds are his Thuweds. So, he doesn't necessarily need 2 for breeding, unless he is going to make a breeding pair for the Thuwed breeding.

And even if he does, he doesn't seem to have any Thuwed breeding pairs of the same type. They are all mixed, with sole exception of his Golden Pygmy's.

Where do you get them I havent got one can someone plz tell me?

They're dropping in the desert biome. smile.gif Try at the top of the hour, that's when you'll have the most luck. If all else fails, try some gifting threads in the trading forum.

Shoot, I misclicked a white. >:/ I've snapped up 5 more new eggs, so I guess I can't complain. I'll start gifting and glomping CBs to those with very few of the eggs, or none at all, as soon as I reach my quota of 20.

The eggs are much harder to get now though. I feel for the people that decided to wait to get them.

Just saw the adult and... I love it!

I'm really glad I got so many Turpentines ♥

I've got all of my babies named after something having to do with turpentine, in english and french and italian. One of them is named 'Puzza' which means 'I stink' in Italian. xd.png tee hee

'Primarily' being the operative word. I take that to mean that they breed mostly among themselves, but can indeed breed with other dragons sometimes.

That's the way I read it too, that and the part about many dragons find them to be pests, I hope means there are at least a few dragon types that don't mind them.

Fingers crossed because I'd love to see them breed with the electrics and the golds and a couple of others (although electricity and turpentine together sounds like a disaster waiting to happen,lol).

oh pretty pretty adult. wish i had more than one. dry.gif

I guess they're gonna be pretty hard to breed, even in case they breed with other species? lowered chances of successful breeding or so?

I've got all of my babies named after something having to do with turpentine, in english and french and italian.  One of them is named 'Puzza' which means 'I stink' in Italian.  xd.png  tee hee

puzza is third person singular, he/she/it stinks.

I stink = (io) puzzo

Edited by kunigund

puzza is third person singular, he/she/it stinks.

I stink = (io) puzzo

Ah, ok! Thanks for clearing that up! I don't speak french or italian, and I'm just going by what the bing translator gave me! xd.png The name will still work reguardless of gender, so that's good. smile.gif

Congrats to the person that got the Gold wink.gif

2 successful grabs for Turps, will be able to free myself for more too happy.gif

Edited by DeathCry

I always get carried away and find a tinsel or something in the AP.... Then I cant resist but catching it first x3 and then I have no space for a turp.

Edited by girlfairy76

Huge thanks to Nectaris and TJ. <3333 This is a beautiful breed and I'm utterly in love with it.

I haven't caught one at all, I checked once days ago by the hour in Alpine + Desert, saw nothing. I'm confused as to where to get them.

Desert runs out of eggs faster than Alpine. It wasn't a very good idea moving them there, even if they do fit in more.

the reason the desert runs out so fast is that there are fewer breeds allocated to it and of those dragons that are allocated to it, most are very popular. When the cave generates eggs it creates a large group of random breeds based on ratio needs and then spreads them out based on their biome. With fewer breeds in the desert and most being popular, the breed ratios for them tend to be balanced better meaning the cave is less likely to create a bunch of eggs for those breeds so fewer eggs ultimately end up in the desert biome during the drops and they get snatched up quickly. Who knows.. the turps could eventually turn into a cave blocker breed once everyone has their fill of them and then people will be complaining that the desert biome doesn't move "fast enough" anymore. LOL.

asuna123 - They're in the desert but the drops go quickly at the top of the hour, lasting about two minutes.

Edited by Lagie