TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

Desert runs out of eggs faster than Alpine. It wasn't a very good idea moving them there, even if they do fit in more.

I wonder if they're flammable. I can just see breeding them with a Magma:

The two dragons breed, igniting one and burning it to a crisp...

Also, no egg was produced.

LOL that would be horrible and hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Desert runs out of eggs faster than Alpine. It wasn't a very good idea moving them there, even if they do fit in more.

The cave works by generating eggs and then allocating them to their proper biome. The biome of the eggs doesn't really matter so much as the ratio. As these are relatively new, they'll be snatched up quicker, anyway.

Oh, maybe if you breed a terp x hellfire it'll change the color of your scroll to pitch black for a day!

The cave works by generating eggs and then allocating them to their proper biome. The biome of the eggs doesn't really matter so much as the ratio. As these are relatively new, they'll be snatched up quicker, anyway.

Even so, I caught one the first night they came out when they were at Alpine. It's easy to tell Alpine can hold eggs longer than Desert, and not just because of the difference in number of people in the two places. During this event catching Turpentines, the Alpine lasted 5-6 minutes. The Desert lasted only 2-3 minutes.

Even so, I caught one the first night they came out when they were at Alpine. It's easy to tell Alpine can hold eggs longer than Desert, and not just because of the difference in number of people in the two places. During this event catching Turpentines, the Alpine lasted 5-6 minutes. The Desert lasted only 2-3 minutes.

When golden wyverns and royal blues came out, drops in the alpines were lasting perhaps a minute, sometimes more. I have caught most my turpentines in the desert, as that's when I freed up again, and found it easier and easier as time passes. If you're having trouble, I'm sure you can find luck in the trading or gifting threads. :3

Oh, maybe if you breed a terp x hellfire it'll change the color of your scroll to pitch black for a day!

^^ This.

I wonder if they're flammable. I can just see breeding them with a Magma:

The two dragons breed, igniting one and burning it to a crisp...

Also, no egg was produced.

LOL! xd.png

I have 2 males and a female hatchie!! Yey!

I'm kind of glad there isn't dimorphism now-- so far all of mine except for one have gendered female. Hope it balance out for breeding's sake, haha.

"Turpentine dragons are named for the oil that covers their scales. This oil resembles turpentine in odor and is mildly toxic; it will not kill but it burns to the touch and will cause illness in anyone who ingests it. Turpentine dragons roam in large packs, often stealing food from larger dragons, though they are able to hunt for themselves if necessary. Many other breeds consider turpentine dragons to be pests, so they primarily breed among themselves."

only among themselves? ninja.gif

*snip* "Many other breeds consider turpentine dragons to be pests, so they primarily breed among themselves."  *snip*

this makes it sound pssible that they COULD be able to breed with other species, but refusal rates are probably going to be quite high.

i'd imagine offspring from them with other dragons are going to be quite rare and valuable

ETA: just caught 2 more from the 10 minute drop! influenced and ready to go ;3

Edited by ParticleSoup

I hope they can breed with other dragons.

My golden wyvern is getting excited! xd.png

Another bubby hatched. <3

If they could only breed among themselves, would TJ Freeze one of only two?

Wouldn't he have had three of the sprites up, in that case?

If they could only breed among themselves, would TJ Freeze one of only two?

Wouldn't he have had three of the sprites up, in that case?

not necessarily.

he only puts the dragons on the first post in order to display the sprites. he most likely owns more dragons than what he is displaying if that is the case

Edited by ParticleSoup

I remember seeing these guys on the completed list now. I was hoping they were going to make it to the cave smile.gif I have already started my hoarding.

Edited by xeyla