TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

Would you be kind enough to let us know if that's the case?  Because I have reserved that name for my first Turpentine in case it turns out to be true.  If that doesn't turn out to be the case I could always try "Nine Thinks it's Okay" or "Nine Says - Off of My Scroll".

Absolutely, though the bar's been set high for these Turpentines now. The pressure might be too much to bear... I'll remain optimistic, though. I'm sure these dragons can do it.

I have a total of 13 as of now...6 hatchlings and 7 eggs. :3 may continue to grab more depending on what the adults look like.

This is my first new release, so I was wondering. How long does the large amount of egg-dropping usually last? Will it end any time now, or do we have a bit of time after the adults are released to keep collecting?

still no luck. im trying as hard as i can... i hate my computer and internet speed for being unable to catch up with even the slowest other person that uses dragon cave... i read somewhere that turning the images and javascript off help a lot, but nobody ever told me how to do it for google chrome. anyone know how?

still no luck. im trying as hard as i can... i hate my computer and internet speed for being unable to catch up with even the slowest other person that uses dragon cave... i read somewhere that turning the images and javascript off help a lot, but nobody ever told me how to do it for google chrome. anyone know how?

For Google Chrome, do this. Click on the little picture of the wrench. Go to settings. Go to 'under the hood'. Click on 'content settings' and turn off java script and images. Then refresh dragon cave. When you are done, you can change the settings back.

Awesome looking hatchies, btw.

This is my first new release, so I was wondering. How long does the large amount of egg-dropping usually last? Will it end any time now, or do we have a bit of time after the adults are released to keep collecting?

Not quite sure it depends on their rarity ranking if they're super common they might last a while with the over loaded drops but eventually they will even out and be like the rest of the eggs. it's still a brand new dragon and has to catch up with the other dragon numbers so it should still be lasting.

As Kara Wolf said, it can depend on their rarity. However, the general consensus is that they won't be rare (perhaps uncommon, but not rare) because they're only dropping in one biome, whereas rares are supposed to show up in all biomes.

So I wouldn't panic that they'll dry up just yet. smile.gif

FINALLY!!!! thanks to those who helped with the google chrome thing. i accidentally managed to catch myself one of the turpies! i didnt notice until i got a lucky nebula from the AP block thats up now and decided to check on my eggs. finally i can say i caught one on my own!! happy.gif

Now I'm angry with the new eggs.

I clicked one and didn't wait for anything to load becuase I assumed I had missed it then I went to the alphine and BOOM. Gold wyvern shows up.

I click it and get the overburdened message. I thought I hadn't caught the new egg so that usually means I just clicked the egg to many times. So I went to my scroll and there's a stupid new egg and not a CB gold wyvern. >.>

Edited by xLemon

I still can't believe it...

In five hours that egg is going to someone who actually wants it. dry.gif

I may be harsh but that egg cost me a rare. mad.gif

It looks like it.. one says it will die if it doesn't mature in 4 days 10 hours the other has nothing.

EDIT: I could be wrong by all means it could be a glitch or just my browser...

Edited by Lord_Kishin

TJ always shows us a complete set. People looking back through news threads can see what each gender hatchling looks like (if dimorphism) and what each gender adult looks like (if dimorphism). That is normal. :3

Other eggs you've caught don't have to do with Turpentines. Thanks. :3

I suppose any release is good, but all this time, and all that's out is one dragon, that doesn't even have dimorphism? Jeez.

Woah, one row of turps appeared, cleared and were replaced by spitfires. Me thinks the mass dropping at the hourly has ended?

I suppose any release is good, but all this time, and all that's out is one dragon, that doesn't even have dimorphism? Jeez.

I don't understand the "god, no dimorphism" thing that occasionally pops up. :s Dimorphism is a relatively new concept - it's great and yeah, we're fortunate to have it to mix things up. But it's not like we have to have dimorphism for everything. Dimorphism is a privilege not a right, imo.

ETA: Besides, this dragon was suggested ages ago when dimorphism wasn't really a big factor of gameplay, I believe?

Edited by Varekis

Woah, one row of turps appeared, cleared and were replaced by spitfires. Me thinks the mass dropping at the hourly has ended?

I don't understand the "god, no dimorphism" thing that occasionally pops up. :s Dimorphism is a relatively new concept - it's great and yeah, we're fortunate to have it to mix things up. But it's not like we have to have dimorphism for everything. Dimorphism is a privilege not a right, imo.

ETA: Besides, this dragon was suggested ages ago when dimorphism wasn't really a big factor of gameplay, I believe?

It's not so much that they don't have dimorphism, is that my point being that this release is tiny, especially after soooooo long of waiting. If there's anything I hate about DC, and there are a few things, it's that not only do we wait months for stuff, but even when they do come out, it's essentially one sprite.

Yes, yes, I know TJ has a real life, blah blah. Nevertheless, I've never been on a site that had such few updates as DC. I don't see why they couldn't have huge releases, or small ones more often, or just something.

I'm just disappointed, is all.