Chasilin

Enchantasia

What do you think of this RP!? Wanna join!?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(( just had an interesting idea... Though it might not match what you had in mind for a plot. I'll post it in the OOC.))

Azmodius was expecting her attitude. So, naturally, he complied to avoid a beating. "Thank- ," he cut off, stopped short by her sudden change of mood and her proximity to him. Part of the resistance? How did the coven not see into her mind? How did they not see her conversing with Isthstaria? Questions spun in his mind, but he was forced to keep them to himself. Being overheard would ruin any plan that Fidelria had. Besides, he had no hope. He was converted, and there was no way to undo that. Her teeth in his neck, however gently, brought him to his paws. Azmodius looked to be, from a bystander's point of view, a dead dragon hanging limply in the swallowtail's jaws. He actually was not limp, though his head hung. The recent compulsion had left his spirit utterly broken in two.

Fidelria was glad that the dragon was cooperating as planned. She continued to drag him away until the other dragons stopped looking at the 'usual' commotion and resumed their work. Fidelria licked the dragon's neck where her teeth cut his scales and apologized for it. "Just follow me and repeat 'Gaevor is the one true ruler' in your mind over and over again until we get where we're going." Fidelria kept her pace even with the Azmodius's the entire way. It was a long and tiring journey to Isthstaria's jail-keep and getting passed the guards would prove to be problematic if they questioned too much about the bow-broken dragon accompanying the swallowtail.

Azmodius managed to not drag his feet as they walked. Her tongue on his neck was soothing, yet it did not relieve his hopelessness. She didn't need to tell him twice; the chant she had told him to think repeatedly was already there. He just had to acknowledge it, then he was chanting it in his mind. Wherever they were going, he hoped that perhaps she'd kill him in private. It'd make his life a whole lot easier. A tiny spark of curiosity wormed it's way into his chant, driving him to ask her where they were going. But he didn't. Instead he continued his chant numbly and followed the swallow to wherever the heck she was taking him.

((ooh, I'm not gonna make this easy for you.))

(Umm... I coulda sworn I had posted. This is happening a lot, now.)

As Robby followed - make that dragged- Sen and the dragon, he came across a small body of water thick with algae. Almost at once, the dragon and Chasilin dived into the water. They didn't pop up. With a hint of worry for them, he waded out to where the two splashed in. Still unknowing, he kicked around, flipping him over, feet up top and head and torso submerged. Underwater, he saw not the two, but a hole in what he thought was a full-though wall, and must be the route that they fled through. Flipping back around, he took a deep breath. He'd follow them, but there was a problem.

Robby can't dive.

Wondering if there was any weak spots in the wall, or another way to get through, he went to it and knocked on it. He felt the rough, bumpy, almost scaly feel to the wall. That's when his idea hit him. Hurridly, he took a deep breath and grabbed to small protrusions from the wall. At once, he push up on them, sending him down into the water slightly. Lasting on his breath, he reached for two more rocks and shoved him further. Each propelling shove got him closer and closer to the hole. He reached for the top of it with a small sence of pride in his improvising accomplishment. He felt his fingers wrap around the other side, and pulled himself around. He started to drift up slightly, towards the surface. He looked around a little bit to see the water anew. It, however, seemed unchanged to the water in the other mini-pool. Whatever.

As he was floating up, unfortunately, he hit his head against the wall. Startled, he opened his mouth. In a large bubble surrounded by many small bubbles, his air floated to the surface. His mouth filled with the icky algae-water. He would have to hurry. He quickly kicked against the wall and propelled himself into the middle, and started doggy-paddling upwards. He reached the surface long before his need for air, fortunately, and clambered onto the solid ground. He stood up and turned back to the water, and as gracefully as he could, spit up all the water. Spitting up water is not graceful in any way.

Magnus missed Jason's look, and jumped slightly when Crusher suddenly spoke. He stood there slightly intimidated until Crusher left, then followed Jason out into the scorching sun, and immediately used his wing to shade himself. He ran quickly; the ground was too hot to stay in one place too long. Eventually he caught up with Jason, who was obviously used to these conditions. He quickly glanced at the towering cliffs of the pass, and at the bleached bones along the ground. Shifting his wing, he covered himself a bit more.

Jason waited till Magnus had reached him then he went down the wall a little to a small shade spot near its top. He waited again. This time when Magnus reached him he pointed with his muzzle towards the large group of dragons heading through the pass. "Those are all resistence dragons. But get this, there leader of this group, was on a silent mission, then these guys where placed under his command with no notice." he explained "We have contacts in places. We find things out.... well most of the time." he explained "Why am I telling you this? Ya got no way to prove it and expose our contacts." he said with a smile. "Anyway, the intended goal for that guy and his men.... even we are in the dark. He sure as heck not on a infaltration mission with that many with him, and he is as confused as we are judging by how he keeps looking around and the works."

' Part of the Resistance, huh?'

Magnus studied the group of dragons carefully. He looked at the one at the front of the group; he must be the leader. Looking further behind the pack, a dead dragon lay. No flies were even attracted to the corpse, the conditions must be too hot even for them.

Magnus shifted slightly and his hand slipped off the ledge. Finding himself falling forward, he instinctively stretched out his wings, catching one against the rock, leaving him hanging half off. He restrained a screech and scrabbled for foothold. Infuriated at his clumsiness, he grabbed a bit of rock that was jutting out and heaved himself back, dusting himself off with a growl.

'Sorry about that...' He shot a look at Jason before turning his attention back to the group. Glancing down at them, he wondered how many would survive this trek, and he doubted it would be many.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Jason looked at Magnus "Watch your footing, I don't want to rescue you cause your too clumsy." he said half amused. "But don't worry, I did that too many times when I was first learning to survive out here." he explained "These guys have supplys but there rationing is too little but if they use up more they won't make it either." he said then sat back "Any idea why so many are going though all at once? Not like there going to be in fighting condition once out the other end." he said looking deep in thought "Even our leader, Crusher does not know there goal."

"Just a little farther." she said, Fidelria could see the peak of the two higher land masses that would soon reveal Isthstaria's prison amidst them. Even from how far they were now, Fidelria could easily spot the two guards manning their posts and ever obediently keeping watch.

Fidelria growled, she knew that this would happen but even so she'd tried not to think about it on the way here. Faced with it at present, she needed to do something about Azmodius or they'd be caught for certain.

"You need to pretend like you're perfectly healthy. No matter what, we must convince these guards. I can do the talking, you just hold the appearance...." Fidelria took one wistful glance over the tired dragon. "Do you think you can do it for the sake of your freedom of will?"

------

Sen turned abruptly as Robby emerged from the waters, she walked over to him swiftly upon catching the utterances of his coughing and the spluttering of water on the stone as he spit it up. Silently she rested a hand on his shoulder and squeezed gently, the timid pressure enough to relay her worry and as well he reassurance. With the same hand she removed it from his shoulder and held it out to him to help the boy get to his feet and properly stand.

Leucetius waited with a dragon's patience as Sen went to retrieve the boy, Sen could feel his tolerance for the delay thinly rolling away bit by bit.

((I will probably start posting even less often, my rat is due for an operation in three days. Wish her luck!))

'Then why don't you ask them? Is there a reason as to why you can't? If they are part of the Resistance, then I shouldn't think they'd be dangerous....' He stumbled on his words. 'Of course, they don't know if we are enemies or not, and they may turn on us...' Magnus felt his words starting to come out in a jumbled mess. He immediatly shut his mouth, annoyed. He had probably been solitary for too long, and wasn't used to socializing. Maybe that was affecting his speech. He thought carefully about his next sentence, but gave up on it and turned to Jason. 'What do you think?'

Jason looked at Magnus and shrugged "Really, for me I'm not in charge, I'm with this group to survive." he explained "As for just out right asking them..... and they'v never seen you before, not a good way to introduse your self, as they don't know if your with them or not, if your not you coul dbe a enemy spy." he said, "So questions are a picky thing when finding info, we only have 9-11 dragons in our group, some have freinds in both area's," he said.

Really the only word that got through to Azmodius was 'freedom'. Somehow it managed to click amongst the jumbled praising of Gaveor, and it stuck there. Straightening, he shook his wings once, rose to his full height on all fours, and raised his head with an air of superiority. Striding past Fidelria, whom he'd nearly forgotten about, he confronted the guards. "Were here to relieve you," he said, adding an authoritative growl to his voice. "If you don't believe me, you could always deal with her," he added, moving out of the way so they could see that it was the fiery swallowtail behind him. "There's been an escape. Near the border of the canyon. They need as many dragons as they can spare. If I were you, I'd get there quickly." Until now Azmodius had never realized he had such a silver tongue. Or, he thought, perhaps that hadn't sounded as perfect as he'd planned and the guards would simply take them down. For good measure he sneered, as though he was too high and mighty to do such things as go chasing after rouge dragons.

As he finished with the water, he turned to the two, Sen having her hand on his shoulder. He felt a little embarassed.

"Hit my head on a rock," he mentioned, rubbing the place where the blow took place, not because it hurt, but just to show where it hit. Setting the moment aside, he looked out, and then back to the dragon and Sen, as if to say 'Where to?'

(EDIT: BWWWWWWAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!)

Edited by thegreenrobby

'No, no, you're right...' Magnus sighed. 'I was just a bit...curious.' He shifted a bit; the heat was starting to get to him. 'Shall we head back? My wing needs to be fixed too. It's been untreated for several hours now. I don't want it to get worse than it already is.'

((You did it again, Robby...x3))

Sen placed her finger tips tenderly on the area that Robby had rubbed to reveal it's location. She couldn't feel anything like blood and the only thing that was wet there was his hair from the water and nothing more. Relieved she with drew her hand but not before taking his and hoisting him up whether he wanted to stand or not. She waited for him to get his bearing before saying anything just yet.

---------

Fidelria watched the transformation and after a moment of bewilderment put on her cynical and deviant mask which she'd become so accustomed to during her time as a Converted Dragon imposter. Listening as Azmodius slickly described the situation, using it to his advantage, he even threw Fidelria in as an Ace in the hole.

Fidelria could see that upon seeing her the guards were well convinced and she gave them a chilling death glare for affect. Each of the guards nodded and warily skirted around both of the dragons, tumbling over one another as soon as they had gotten passed the Ember and Swallowtail.

Just as soon as she was sure that the dragons where well away from the two of them, she melted back into her far more affectionate and kinder self.

"You did very well. You can relax now, you're safe here." Fidelria caressed the dragon with her tail to put him at ease. Approaching the prison of the great guardian dragon, Isthstaria, Fidelria bowed in respect.

"Isthstaria, I have come, it is Fidelria and I bring company. A dragon who, today, allowed a dragon to escape. He wished to be free of Gaevor's control. Will you help him?

Fidelria waited for a reply and glanced over to Azmodius to make sure he was bowing as well.

'No, no, you're right...' Magnus sighed. 'I was just a bit...curious.' He shifted a bit; the heat was starting to get to him. 'Shall we head back? My wing needs to be fixed too. It's been untreated for several hours now. I don't want it to get worse than it already is.'

Jason nodded "Right, lets get back to the cave, when night falls think your in winter rather then a desert." he said "The temperature change here sometimes kills through the suddenly drop of heat." he explained then got back up. "Back to the cave, there we can shelter and get that wing looked at." he said before taking off in the frying hot sun.

Azmodius was still stuck in converted arrogance mode, but he followed Fidelria nonetheless. Even in his conflicted state he knew her temper. Inside, his eyes wandered and rested on one of the most beautiful dragons he'd ever seen. And it was sad. She looked.. Defeated. Could this really be the Lady Isthstaria? His brow furrowed, both in anger and confusion. Shouldn't he be dragging the swallowtail to Gaveor for this treachery? But, but hadn't he wanted something earlier? His stance was an awkward one; half bow and half fighter's crouch. All the chanting and pretending had frozen in his mind, and now he couldn't decipher which was really him. Azmodius let out a pained growl, turning his glare on Fidelria. The crazed half of him screamed kill her, and it was taking a lot of restraint on the other side of him's part to not follow through.

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

Magnus paused for a second, and looked back at the group. Then he ran after Jason, sheltering himself as soon as he came out into the sun. He followed Jason, a little way behind, and constantly paused to lift his wing off the hot sand. Eventually he saw the cave, and started off at a trot, hoping to reach the shade quickly. When he did, he dropped down onto the ground, spreading as much as he could over the cool stone. He looked out, waiting for Jason, then got the shock of his life when a stone suddenly reanimated and proved to be a crouching dragon. Pushing that out of his mind, he rolled over, trying to cool his back. He immediatly flipped over again; he had temporarily forgotten about his broken wing and had just pressed it into the ground. He sighed and flopped down again.

((my rat's due for her operation tomorrow...))

((I wish her a safe procedure and recovery, love.))

Fidelria witnessed the tension throughout Azmodius's body and she quickly turned away as the sounds of footfalls grew louder. Lady Isthstaria was approaching.

----------

Isthstaria had been tired all day, her strong will was something that only seemed to want to reveal itself before Gaevor, when she was alone she did not have any use for it. Echo's of her imprisonment resounded through the cave where she now resided and the hollow replies only seemed to ring through her mind to try to break her down. As much as she was meant to be the Guardian of Light, little of the light could be found in such a dark, dark place.

Isthstaria futher divulged in the sorrowful depths of her despair when the sounds of conversing dragons overcame her. Each word was swept through the air until the very voice of her dear Fidelria came piercing the ever-lasting darkness and shedding light. Isthstaria made her way to the young and spirited swallowtail to find that she had company. For the sake of the dragons before her she resurrected her pride and elegance and bid them with the regal presence she once wore so easily.

"Fidelria, I thank you for coming to see me." Isthstraia took notice of the Ember dragon and his riveted stance. "You, young Ember dragon, would you grace me with your name? However, know this; once you have given me your name, you will be free of Gaevor's control and you can not be reverted unless you are discovered. There is no turning back, are you prepared to risk everything for the freedom of not only yourself but all of Enchantasia?" Isthstaria shifted her wings and even in the black shadowy cell they shimmered majestically. "It is a heavy burden to bear, freedom. Can you handle it?"

Magnus paused for a second, and looked back at the group. Then he ran after Jason, sheltering himself as soon as he came out into the sun.  He followed Jason, a little way behind, and constantly paused to lift his wing off the hot sand. Eventually he saw the cave, and started off at a trot, hoping to reach the shade quickly. When he did, he dropped down onto the ground, spreading as much as he could over the cool stone. He looked out, waiting for Jason, then got the shock of his life when a stone suddenly reanimated and proved to be a crouching dragon. Pushing that out of his mind, he rolled over, trying to cool his back. He immediatly flipped over again; he had temporarily forgotten about his broken wing and had just pressed it into the ground. He sighed and flopped down again.

((my rat's due for her operation tomorrow...))

The dragon got up "Watch where your flopping!" it said then moved further into the cave. Jason looked a little amused "Relax, he's new here, does not know most things around here." he explained. He looked at Magnus "Come on, the medic dragon is normally in the far back." he said "may not be a white dragons, those are the best, but we have the next be-" "The next best? Remind me to cut out your tonge Jason." came a growl that was raspy and old sounding. A old and clearly battle scarred orange paw came from the dark shadows of the cave "I smell a injury, you, one with the injury, come where I can take a look at it." he said the orange paw looked like it was waiting. "And before you ask, yes I am a magi, but not of those 5-8 fools that serve the enemy."

((Hope your rat has a success full operation rampaging wyvern))

Edited by little lost dragon

Magnus watched the dragon skulking away further into the cave, also slightly amused. Then he jumped upon hearing a rough voice from out the back of the cave. What the voice said Magnus found somewhat amusing; he looked at Jason before turning back to the direction the voice came from, and saw the worn paw. So he must be an elder of some sort...absentmindedly glancing at his own paw, he noted that in fifty short years he was almost as worn and weather-beaten as the dragon at the back of the cave. He started slightly when the dragon stated that he could smell injury, but Magnus didn't bother to question the dragon. Glancing at Jason, and trying to hide his cautiousness, he walked towards the dragon, gradually seeing it clearer and clearer as he grew used to the dim lighting. Settling down nearby, he pulled out his broken wing with one hand, and saw that the damaged site was caked with the dirt and dust he must surely have accumulated during the escape.

In the dim lighting the old magi moved towards Magnus and he sniffed the wound "Well I see your an expert on how to get a injury infected." he said half to him self. He turned around and went to the shadows and pulled out a large wooden pail like thing with water in it. "Got this from the small human settlements." he explained "Try not to squirm to much, but with all this cleaning will hurt." he explained then set to work getting the grime off Magnus's wound.

Azmodius watched her enter, still frozen in place. It wasn't like anything he'd imagined. He thought she'd have been strong and willfully, even unruly perhaps, but she seemed broken. When she asked his name and offered freedom, he made a strangled sound and felt his muscles tense up. Everything was happening way too fast, but he really, really wanted to be free. Azmodius shut his eyes for a moment and tried to summon back the defiance he'd had in setting Magnus free. If he could just say his name, he'd never have to be mean to anyone again. He could help free this beautiful dragon. Maybe the madness would finally stop. Suddenly desperate to be free of the conversion he looked up and stuttered, "A-Azmodius, my lady." Quickly he bowed, not feeling right standing in her presence.

'No wonder it hurt so much...' Magnus thought to himself. He followed the magi's movements with his eyes and examined the object he brought out. He allowed the old magi to take his wing, then immediatly tensed and gritted his teeth as the magi proceeded to clean it. This was all because of Gaevor, he thought, even over such a small thing he felt the hate welling up. He looked at the magi's worn figure, and his mind immediatly flicked back to Azmodius. That ember had potential in him...his will against Gaevor was much stronger than the other dragons. Magnus closed his eyes, partially because of the pain, and partially because he was thinking so deeply. In his mind's eye, he saw Azmodius granted freedom, by something that he couldn't see. The whole image seemed extremely real...like he was there, watching the whole thing...he heard Azmodius say his name. And last but not least, he heard a female voice from the shadows. Magnus strained, trying to see who Azmodius was talking to. It all seemed too real...too real to be a dream...maybe Azmodius was indeed being released...if he could just stay and watch a bit longer...

The magi pulled a bit on Magnus' wing, immediatly jolting him out of his trance. He blinked his eyes rapidly, trying to come back to the real world. But the images still stuck in his mind, Azmodius standing there in the dark, before something, and the voices continued to repeat inside his head. Magnus couldn't see why he was suddenly thinking all this, but he tensed up again, trying to comprehend what just happened. He shook his head, telling himself it was just a random dream.

((Truffle made it through the operation, now she only has an incision, and a slight limp (it being next to her leg) All done! 8D she is still rather dopey though xd.png))

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Azmodius watched her enter, still frozen in place. It wasn't like anything he'd imagined. He thought she'd have been strong and willfully, even unruly perhaps, but she seemed broken. When she asked his name and offered freedom, he made a strangled sound and felt his muscles tense up. Everything was happening way too fast, but he really, really wanted to be free. Azmodius shut his eyes for a moment and tried to summon back the defiance he'd had in setting Magnus free. If he could just say his name, he'd never have to be mean to anyone again. He could help free this beautiful dragon. Maybe the madness would finally stop. Suddenly desperate to be free of the conversion he looked up and stuttered, "A-Azmodius, my lady." Quickly he bowed, not feeling right standing in her presence.

"Azmodius..." She said gently, the wind seemed to stop around her voice, wrapped breathlessly around the wonderful sound and carried majestically through the air hand in hand with the guiding breeze as it shed the melody to all those whole could hear it; in particular it was directed towards Azmodius.

Just as soon as the sound could reach him, her magic would constrict the invisible thread that held firm to the dragon's will functions and his very mind. Gradually that thread would begin to weaken it's grasp and just as soon as it was gone, like a ripple from a single drop of purity, Azmodius would regain his truer self.

"Treasure the gift of your name, Azmodius. It is your greatest weapon and your greatest weakness; your identity." Isthstaria pulled herself closer to the barrier of her prison, like an explosion of ore and rock frozen amidst it's expansion, the circular cave was enormous and solid so that no dragon could break through it; not even the Guardian of Light.

"Fidelria, this dragon is in your care, watch over him my beloved and please, be careful. Gaevor is ever watchful, his eyes pry open the shallowest of wounds and reveal the bare under-flesh to the world. He would be...displeased if he found out what was going on just beneath his nose. When you can, send word tot he Resistance and all of those on our side, tell them that..." Isthstaria paused and looked sharply to her companions, something about the atmosphere altered remarkably fast and it was so full of tension that it was impossible not feel wired from the crackling energy. "Our time draws near. Enchantasia shall be returned to the greater forces by the next eclipse of the moon."

'No wonder it hurt so much...' Magnus thought to himself. He followed the magi's movements with his eyes and examined the object he brought out. He allowed the old magi to take his wing, then immediatly tensed and gritted his teeth as the magi proceeded to clean it. This was all because of Gaevor, he thought, even over such a small thing he felt the hate welling up. He looked at the magi's worn figure, and his mind immediatly flicked back to Azmodius. That ember had potential in him...his will against Gaevor was much stronger than the other dragons. Magnus closed his eyes, partially because of the pain, and partially because he was thinking so deeply. In his mind's eye, he saw Azmodius granted freedom, by something that he couldn't see. The whole image seemed extremely real...like he was there, watching the whole thing...he heard Azmodius say his name. And last but not least, he heard a female voice from the shadows. Magnus strained, trying to see who Azmodius was talking to. It all seemed too real...too real to be a dream...maybe Azmodius was indeed being released...if he could just stay and watch a bit longer...

The magi pulled a bit on Magnus' wing, immediatly jolting him out of his trance. He blinked his eyes rapidly, trying to come back to the real world. But the images still stuck in his mind, Azmodius standing there in the dark, before something, and the voices continued to repeat inside his head. Magnus couldn't see why he was suddenly thinking all this, but he tensed up again, trying to comprehend what just happened. He shook his head, telling himself it was just a random dream.

((Truffle made it through the operation, now she only has an incision, and a slight limp (it being next to her leg) All done! 8D she is still rather dopey though xd.png))

The magi finished cleaning Magnus's wing then used his tail to hold it up as he went and grabbed another thing. Another bowl made of wood this time containing herbs. The magi chewed them up "Now, this will sting for a while, but it will get rid of any infection that might have already set in." he said then took the pulp and put it all over the wound.

Jason remembered that stuff when he had pierced his paw on a old bone and needing that stuff. Sting like heck, may as well have acid on the wound.

Vrashay continued to travel with his group, the day was old now and the temperature had dropped already. Now instead of a frying hot it was a nice cool. But he knew this was only for a short bit as once night hits, its the other issue of being cold. Even magmas and ember's have trouble at this time for the pass.