Chasilin

Enchantasia

What do you think of this RP!? Wanna join!?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Magnus pressed himself against the tree trunk, hearing the distant crackles of fire and Converts yelling. Heart pounding, he decided to slowly edge through the forest, since it was his only option at this stage. Moving slowely out, he edged along the branch he was on, towards the end. Then he jumped to the next branch; the crash seemed too loud to him, and he hurriedly pressed himself against the trunk of this tree, hardly breathing.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

(Ooh! I must have not seen that you posted with Sen. Will do.)

Keeping up with Sen as she ran, Robby saw her pause for a moment to turn and ask a question.

"We came from..." he paused, and used his finger to do some minor lineups in his head using the sun and it's path through the sky. He finally pointed, after a few seconds later, in the direction they came.

"...THAT way."

Edited by thegreenrobby

Sen blinked as her gaze followed the direction of his finger. Instead of blushing like she might have had the grace to do, she quickly walked off in the given direction and made to travel back for the deer. For some reason a pit was forming in her stomach and making her feel uneasy. This rarely happened. Sen slowed and whispered darkly. "Something isn't right...." Up ahead there was a commotion between a few dragons. They seemed to be arguing over something. As Sen neared she was able to pick up on the conversation.

"I saw it first so I get to eat it!"

"I'm a higher rank so I get it!"

"I'm the youngest so I get to eat the damned deer!"

Sen froze and then ran right for the group of dragons, shoving vainly passed their enormous feet until she spotted the injured deer cowering in the center of the chaos, just inches away from death. Upon seeing Sen the deer cried out and the dragons all shut up to look down at Sen picking it up. They growled at her but she gave them a sharp look. They were under oath to not harm their allies but they were visibly unhappy with what she was doing. They all seemed to assume that she was going to eat it herself. Pushing passed them she looked for Robby. Spotting him easily enough she went to him and gave him a stoic look of desperation. "Find the healer from before." She said. She knew she could trust the healer for they ate no meat.

Robby was startled to see Sen jump into the chaos of the ravenous dragons.

"Woah!"

As she came out, the dragons stopped fighting, and just seemed to snarl at her. The deer seemed badly damaged.

"That way," he said, pointing in the other direction. Noticing he left the dragons with nothing to eat, he turned around and pulled out three of the rabbits from earlier. They were starting to smell, but he hoped it would satisfy the dragons enough for them to not try to steal the deer back. He turned around and continued to move in the direction of the tents.

Sen followed after Robby, not pausing even when the boy stopped and tossed away their rabbit from days before. Dragons had large appetites so it wouldn't do very much but perhaps it would keep them fighting long enough to distract them. "This way?" she asked, calling over her shoulder while clutching the injured deer. It had several more lacerations than before and it's thin pelt was matted with blood. "Robby...!" she said sharply. Then, as if by some stroke of luck the white hide of the healer appeared behind that of Leucetius. Sen was a little guarded about approaching the Electric dragon, for he ate meat like any other and even a sane dragon would lose his senses after smelling a deer. "Leucetius" Came Sen's voice, low and measured, drawn out cautiously as if in warning. The white showed her face and took a look at the deer. As a healer she was immediately aware of the situation and stepped in front of Leucetius as a living barrier between he and the fresh meat before him. Sen knew Leucetius to be a well-mannered dragon but even the white could tell just how enticing the deer must look to the leader.

"Follow me" Whispered the white and Sen did so, looking over her shoulder to see that Robby was following.

The group continued through the pass. Another few had dropped due to the heat or the few fights they come across in this place. Vrashay was sure his mission had really altered. With 70 or so dragons now you don't just go in and expect there enemy to allow him to willingly join there ranks. Just does not work like that for anyone. How often was it that Gaveor got a whole new army just like that?

It seemed more and more that with out a word about it his mission had changed. But to what? Was the resistance attacking for once? Yes they had many but still, he and his dragons under him will be very tired once they get through. You don't sleep in this pass if you wish to remain alive. He looked at the now 70 or so dragons, all exiled, thief's, and much more, but they all had a porpus in the resistance, a reason to work together to fight for something.

Crusher watched a large group of dragons walk through the pass from the edge of the right wall of the pass. Such a large group, largest he's seen since they ran away from the enemy known as Gaveor. Another dragon approached Crusher "From what we see, and the information we have, this group is a unsure group, the leader, as you can see that rare breed, was met to be in a infiltration mission. Then he was backed up by all of those others." said the marrow. Crusher nodded "Keep watch on them. What of Gaveor's forces? Any sighting on them?" he asked and the marrow shook his head "Negative, we haven't gone that far as of yet. Though Jason has heard commotion. Most likely another escape like normal." Crusher nodded again "Lets head back to the shelter. Get out of the heat." he said and the 2 left for there base camp.

Once there a few others where there as well. It was a make shift cave mode out of rocks gathered up. Food was stored though rarely lasted the night before becoming spoiled in the heat. A few from the group hardly left the cave. There scales did not take well to the sun light or the heat. So they remained in the shade of the paw made cave. Crusher was able to with stand the light and heat for longer time periods due to his bone platting but could not forever as his armor would heat up. Water was a scars thing around the area. But every morning they would send out a dragon with carved out rocks to gather water before the days heat came and bring it back for the others.

Crusher sat down in the cave "You'd think being on higher ground here would mean cooler days." he commented.

((so do I take over the NPCs or does someone else play them? :3))

((I'll give them a shot.))

The party of converted dragons all paused at the sound of a crash. It sounded a little ways off. "You two, go find out what that was. The rest continue with me!" a male Royal blue said before taking off. The 2 he pointed at nodded and headed in the direction of the crash sound.

After a few moments they paused and started to sniff around. "He's near by. Grab the others, I'll find him." a converted male swallow tail said to a converted mint. The little green dragon took off to get the others.

A nasty looking Green dragon, with his left face scarred horrifically from battle, was stomping the ground and shaking the earth causing a small tremor of an earthquake. A crash sounded nearby and he roared a deep throaty roar and several of the CDs ran passed him in the direction. "GET THE TRAITOR!!!!!" the all called, roaring and running, clambering about loudly, not moving silently or gracefully. They didn't need to, they could easily hound the damned runaway down. Several wyverns took to the air to look about from an aerial view and various other dragons tread the tree lines, searching for the dragon in the canopies. Soon enough a roar started in the distance and echoed back to the Green dragon who gave a mangled smile. "We found the rat. Let's go!" A few dragons who had hung around the Green, a massive hellfire wyvern with raging blue flames and a viscous looking whip-tail, began to run in the direction they were signaled to go, following the Green.

Azmodius chanced a look up at the sound of a female voice, then quickly cast his eyes back down. This swallow tail was not known for her niceties. Besides, she was probably here to ration out more punishment. "I committed no crimes under my lord Gaveor," he mumbled, half to them and half to convince himself. The position they had him in was causing his muscles to cramp, but he dared not complain and risk being beaten senseless.

Robby watched as Sen hurried up to the tents, trailing only a few arm-lengths behind. At once, she came up to the white dragon, who led her to the tent. He followed behind.

Magnus held still in the tree, cursing for trying to move too soon. He cringed, hearing an unpleasantly loud roar nearby, and heard some further yelling in the distance. Thinking quickly, he looked around rapidly, and leapt down from the tree, landing as silently as a cat. Then, he ran, leaping over fallen branches and clearing rocks. The stop in the tree gained him back energy, and he was now back to running as swiftly as a jungle cat. Hoping to make the enemies at least loose his scent, he grabbed the branch of a tree, and swung over the ground, letting go and landing several metres away. Then he ran, again, before climbing up another tree, this time moving so he was (hopefully) obscured by leaves from above and below.

Vrashay and his group continued to move through the pass. Sounds from the other end where bouncing off the wall of the pass and Vrashay sighed. Best case, the escape would run into them. Worst case he would end up fighting it after it got converted. The other dragons around him where getting uneasy when the sound of a rawr sounded and echoed off the walls. Yep something was going on for sure.

Crusher looked up when another dragon came up to the hide out. "There is a escape. The converted are all searching to one. Seems they can't deal with one dragon refusing to be converted." Jason said with a smirk. Jason was a nebula him self and had his own over hang to stay under as he kept watch at his post. His job was to watch and listen to the converted movements. And today they had shown a lot compared to most days "I haven't seen the escape yet but should we aid in its escape? We could use another paw after all." Jason said. Crusher shook his head "While yes we do if we try to intervene in broad day light we would be caught in those numbers. If the escape is still trapped then we can use the darkness to our advantege and take out a few converted and maybe get the fleeing one out of there." he explained "For now keep watch." he told Jason who nodded and went back.

MEan while the chase was still on after the escape. "Seach the tree's, under rocks, I don't want any possible place for that one left to hide in unchecked!" the green rawred "Come out coward! If you surrender now you maybe allowed to live under the conversion." he said suddenly voice a honey slick like tone to it though easy to tell sinister.

Edited by little lost dragon

Magnus crouched in the branches, hearing all the dragon was saying very clearly. Knowing that at this rate he would be found, he decided to run again. If only he could fly...

Glancing at his broken wing, hanging limply by his side, he leapt down from the branches and ran again. Head down, he charged through the brush, feeling bushes whipping at his legs. Still hearing the roars in the distance, he ran until he came across the large river that cut through the forest. Magnus looked at the raging torrents, carrying away anything in its path. It was was a large and risky obstacle to get across. Looking around, he knew it would only be a matter of time until the converts caught up and captured him. He had only one option.

Taking a deep breath, he plunged into the river. The strong pull of water immediatly swept him rapidly from the bank, carrying him away from the converts. He kicked furiously, trying to keep his head above water, but was constantly dragged under again. After for what seemed like hours, he finally managing to hook his claws on a root jutting out from the bank. Exhausted and wet, he heaved himself out, and glancing around, scaled this tree, up onto the lowest branch, listening carefully for the converts. He was weakened in this state, but with luck, he was far enough from the converts to regain energy.

Fidelria gave the magma dragon a look with a raised brow saying 'oh?' in expression alone. She blinked and the expression was wiped away and replaced with cold, cruel and unmoving disposition. It was a mask she often wore when dealing with disobedient CDs. "If he says he has done no wrong, then he has done no wrong. Let him go, I will take care of him." The converted dragons looked at her helplessly.

"But....Fidelria..."

Fidelria fumed and the look in her eyes became something frighteningly dark and ominous. "You would insult me further by calling me so familiarly? It is you who should be published not this poor, bow-beaten dragon whom you clutch in your greedy little claws. Off with you or I'll have your heads for my new pillow!"

Thoroughly afraid of the petite swallowtail the larger CDs scampered off with their metaphoric, no real, tails between their legs and their ego entirely shattered by her offense. Fidelria looked down at the ember and gave him a knowing look.

"Don't pull that 'I did no wrong' crap against me. I'm not as stupid nor easily fooled as those grunts. Get up." She said shortly, not allowing for any resistance against her order.

---------

Once safely inside the tent, Sen relinquished her hold of the deer over to the white dragon. Due to it's small size healing it did not take too long and when the bandages were pulled away it's leg wound was healed as well. Sen had, before in the woods, originally planned to let the deer go once it was healed. However, she couldn't very well do that here where doing so would be it's imminent death.

Turning to Robby she held out her hand to him, there were leaves and various bits of herbs folded in her palm. Turning it over she lightly tossed her wrist in a gesture for him to bring his hand forward and accept the ingredients. "Do you think you can make a poultice out of this?"

---------

Chasing the escapee and not succeeding in capturing it was beginning to enrage the green dragon, his posse quite as equally upset qs he but far less dangerous. Stomping his feet on the ground he caused an earthquake in all of the surrounding area within at least 6 miles. He continued to stomp in his rage and trees began to timber down around him from the shock.

"I WANT THAT TRAITOR AND I WANT HIM NOOOOW!!!!"

Both angry at the traitor and afraid for their lives, the remaining converts at his side took off at a break-neck speed to go in search for the dragon. They discovered that it's scent trail disappeared beyond the river and had a coast-runner diverge the waters to let the dragons pass with ease. Once across they started up their search again until they picked up it's trail.

In a dark mood the earth dragon murmured evilly with a low, throaty laugh. "We've got you...You can run, but you can't hide!"

Edited by Chasilin

The earthquake took Magnus completely by surprise. He lost his grip on the branch and slipped, managing to hook his arms over the branch. Hanging there like that was a perilous position to be in. He caught the sound of the infuriated Green in the breeze; Magnus couldn't hear clearly above the sound of trees crashing down, but he sounded angry. Too angry. Magnus strained and heaved himself up onto the branch, trying to keep his balance. Knowing he didn't have much chance, he steadied himself against the tree trunk, and heard converts not far off. How hard did it have to be to lose them?

The earthquake had just about subsided now, but it had taken its toll on the tree. As it happened, it was very ancient, and could not take the earthquake at all. Magnus heard it groaning further down, and felt a sudden sharp jolt. It took him a while to realize what was happening: the tree was falling. Magnus heard more groans and now some loud snaps. The tree started leaning forward, and Magnus decided it was most certainly time to move. He ran down the branch as the tree finally started to fall, and leapt off onto the ground. He landed on his side and lay there for a few seconds, covering his head. Taking his hands away, he looked up to see the huge tree bearing down on him. Magnus scrambled to his feet and ran, hearing the branches starting to crash down around him. Then he stumbled, falling to the ground. Knowing it was too late to run again, he lay there, on his side, covering his head again. The tree's massive canopy crashed down around him, with multiple branches hitting and scratching his black scales. Finally, after what felt like ages, the crashing stopped. Cautiously, Magnus looked up and around. He was surrounded in a thick net of branches. Over the wind, he heard the converts yelling again, but they sounded much closer. Magnus got to his feet the best he could in such a small space, and started hunting for a way out, fast.

Through the noise of all of the falling trees and scramming forest critters the converts were just as confused and disoriented but not the green. He was the first to see their target on the move and ordered the converts after him. They were getting close, they were so close! The green licked his lips with an insanely devious hunger for the hunt of this dragon having evaded him so long. It was a first and it would be the last.

"I want that dragon down it's knees begging for my forgiveness! If you lousy whelps can't get him, I'll get you and you'll be wishing Gaevor had been your punisher!"

Many of the dragons flinched at that and several other looked doubtful that the green could seem any worse than Gaevor...ever.

((Act dead, Magnus. The trees coulda killed you, and they might accept that for the time being.

And Chas, I had to look up what a poultice was in order to write this. I don't know much in the field of medicine that isn't related to cancer or autism, of which I have a couple of very close family members who have them.))

Taking the herbs from her hand, Robby nodded to Sen, muttering, 'Will do."

Leading himself out of the tent, he looked around for some water as he started to break up the plants in his hands. After a fair breaking, he soaked them in water over a couple times to break them down. Soon, the matter became a chunky green mush. It was somewhat disturbing, but he knew it could help the poor deer. Setting the mush back in his hands, he headed towards the tent once more.

He handed the mush over to Sen. "Is this good?"

Edited by thegreenrobby

A nebula dragon watched from far off. Jason was getting annoyed at the CO's persistence to corrupt other dragons so willingly. He did not care if they where corrupted. He knew his orders but was growing impatient. He rooted for the escape to work. Growling to him self and most likely going to lose his share of the food for tonight for disobeying orders he went in quietly. That Green was eager. And he did not like that. He went unnoticed into the now half rubbled forest snaking his way through the tree's. Using fallen logs as cover as he worked his way to the escaping dragon.

Vrashay continued to travel with his group. More yelling could be heard. Were they making it through the pass faster then he though or was the sound just bouncing here real well? He did not know.

Magnus was starting to panic. Using all his strength he squeezed under and over branches, looking back nervously, hearing the Green dragon yelling. The canopy was huge; It would take him a long time to get through it. But he had to be fast. Time was running out.

Magnus grabbed one of the branches and pulled it towards himself, leaving a gap large enough to slip through. He pushed through the smaller branches, ignoring the pain as twigs and broken branches flicked at his scales. He climbed over an exceptionally large one, and down onto a smaller branch. Pausing to catch his breath, he could hear others, and looking around, he could now see converts in the distance, heading for him. Magnus immediatly grabbed the next branch and pulled himself over it. Immediatly he focused on an escape route, but it was still a long way off. He grunted and pushed through the various branches as quickly as possible. One branch suddenly flicked back and caught him in his blind eye, causing him to pause for a while, trying to shake off the pain. He was in the worst case scenario he could possibly be in, and the odds were not in his favour.

Jason continued to slink around logs and tree's using his dark colors to hide in the shadows of the forest. He eventually caught up with Magnus after avoid a few CO's. "Follow me." he said very quietly. "Stay down and follow me." he whispered then turned around to start leading the exhausted dragon to freedom. If it panicked and took off on its own then that was its choice. If it listened it may have a greater chance of not becoming a converted. He slowly slinked around the tree's and hid behind logs as he went. rarely using any bushes due to there rustling would give them away. the last and final stage would need him to be in top shape as well. Assuming the escaper was following at all.

Magnus paused upon hearing the dragon approach and instantly froze. That's it. I've been found. Magnus thought to himself, ready to surrender. Then he heard the dragon telling him to follow it. In a hushed voice too. Unsure whether or not this was a trick, Magnus glanced back at the rapidly approaching converts, and decided to join the dragon. If it proved to be leading him into a trap, he would run. But for now, if it truly was going to help, why not follow it?

Magnus pulled himself free of the remaining branches and proceeded to follow the dragon. Magnus made sure to use his black hide to his advantage, hiding in the shadows whenever he got the chance. He watched the dragon closely, looking for signs this was a trick. He could still hear the raging Green dragon further back, and constantly looked for other converts. He blinked hard; his eye was still hurting, but had to be ignored. His life was on the line here.

Jason looked behind him every now and then to make sure the escaper was following. Every little bit he would pick up a rock or peice of would, rub it on him so it would have his scent then wait then huck it in the wrong direction. "to throw them off when they try to scent us." he whispered quietly. "Stay right behind me." he whispered some more then continued to move slowly through the forest, his wings where starting to ache from being used to make sure he could croutch and all. They had passed the CO's now but he remained down.

Azmodius was about to begin thanking her, but abruptly shut his mouth when she turned on him. Not wanting to test her patience, he literally jumped up when she ordered him thus. "I...I.. Did what I had to. No more can I bear to do wrong upon others than can I watch another dragon be forced into wrong doing as well," he manged, stuttering at first. A wave of compulsion made him grit his teeth, then hang his head in submission. "Do you never think of the times before Gaveor's rule?" He asked solemnly, meeting her baleful gaze with his sad one. Aware that the coven was most likely listening, he added, "Such a world will never be. Not here. Not ever. I realize it is time to adapt to the new ways." He waved a paw at the countryside. "This is the winning side. The Resistance is the... Other, side. I chose. Now I am bound to remain here. To obey." His sudden bout of courage up, he lowered his head.

((soz, Robby, didn't see your post above. Musta missed it...))

Magnus copied the dragon's movements, occasionally throwing a bit of wood or a small stone every so often. As they passed the infuriated converts, Magnus felt sure one of them would suddenly yell out and that would be it...for both of them. However, they gradually eased past the converts. But they were still within the enemy's territory,and it would take them a long time to escape, even longer since Magnus couldn't fly.