Steamrider

Animated Dragon avatars!

the
is done!

Holy Moly Steamrider...that is a very interesting tutorial, thanks for creating and posting it. I had no idea how many steps it takes you to make a moving avatar. I loved the part with the bones.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

user posted image

I know it is rapid and doesn't smoothly flow. I deleted the frames that show the backside of the wings. A slower version of flapping like this would be wonderful if you can do it happy.gif

thats actually what i did. but because of how the wings are it looks weird.

tommorow i'm going to start over on yours and see if i can make it better.

I had a look at your video, it was fascinating (though my net is so slow it took half the day to download) and is almost what I do at the beginning, cutting it all up into bits on separate layers - though in one file, not individual ones- and recoloring what is behind or missing including the rest of the behind leg or arm to the joint.

I don't have the means to put it all into an animated tutorial, but every joint is also cut up and moved slightly using the rotation tool, and the missing bit again filled in, and the new arm or leg position copied and saved onto another layer. 10 head, 5 arms, 4 wings left right, 6 tails - you get the point. Then I go and join them all together as a whole dragon, copy and merge into one image. There can be as many as 30 different whole images representing the movements, and as many as 100 or more panels with repeated movements and as may layers with the list of separate parts in various positions.

Photoshop has like a film reel as the animation program, each panel is one whole picture, string them together with a background which can also be moved into a continuous loop and you get an animation.

The bonus is I can liquify and clone to smooth out the bumps and dodgy bits that can appear when you cut and rotate parts. And redraw completely new pieces, like the wings in different flight positions.

Edited by Mysfytt

lol. the ice dragon looked so cool

Amazon has Anime Studio Pro 8 on sale for $99 right now. I had $50 worth of Amazon giftcards. smile.gif Tomorrow, I'll have it biggrin.gif The 30 day free trial has "limited import/export capabilities." Basically, you can't import most file types.

Steamrider, if you use GIMP, you can save and import .psd files, which save layers, into Anime Studio Pro 8! Not sure if your program can save as those, but they will save you lots of time.

steam, if the dragon you did in the video was a request, isn't it done?

steam, ill send you the tele link soon, the hellfire's going to die if it doesn't hatch soon.

Looks nice! How long does it usually take to make an avatar?

i dont know, about 20 minutes. maybe longer...

EDIT: got some bad news. i cant animate an ember blink.gif i looked it up on this thread, and the spriter said NO animations... and right after i claimed the pink egg too sad.gif . i should have checked earler.

is there another dragon you want me to animate? if not ill give your pink back

Edited by Steamrider

Hai popular buddy! 8D lolz, how's business? Looks like you're quite busy. xd.png I ish jealous of your popularity yet at the same time grateful I'm not that popular, ffff. > w > @Steam

Edited by Tyra-Ice

@Tyra-Ice: hello! you should request an avatar! of course it would be free since your ma friend xd.png

@KrystalSharz: Thanks!

i want an avatar

forum name:arya10

Dragon:The one in my sig, avatar (faceless)

what is he doing:runs, flys really badly, faceplants, shakily gets back up.

any text?:

background forest and night sky

Payment: you can see my wishlist. click my scroll and tell me anything you like

This one's perfect 8^D-)=(

Thanks so much Steamrider <3 Added it to my avatar randomizer smile.gif

@arya10. added! how about a purple or a two-headded

@PieMaster: ok! BTW how do you do that? the avatar random thing?

@Kassa_Pyro: requests are closed. please delete your post.