UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Moona looked at Klutz, who was walking like a pink creature. "I wouldnt've even jumoed on the fence -__-" She said rolling her eyes. She watched as Song healed him, and went back to the door. "Well, its unlocked." She said. How are we gonna open it? she thought. not everyone has wings here. and that would probably be they're weakness.

((Sorry, we're not accepting currently... @G36R

Lol, you guys are fast. xd.png))

Tyra's head suddenly shot up as she heard the other hatchlings. What was going on? Why was everyone running?! Letting out a pitiful squeak, Tyra tried to figure out what to do. Finally, she noticed the door to the exercise room was open! Stumbling to her feet, she sped out of the door as fast as her sore leg would allow her. Looking around, she noticed the grey boxes that were always watching them were pointing downwards and the red lights were not on. Tyra ran down the hallways but finally slid to a stop. She looked around frantically, not sure where to go. The sounds of the other hatchlings had died down and she couldn't hear them anymore. Where did they all go? Letting out a cry of despair, she hoped another hatchling would hear her.

Klutz marveled the powers of the white healer. The redness slowly faded away, and the pain lessened greatly. "Wow..." he said in awe. He got down on all fours again, and started to walk around. After a few seconds, he tarted to run. However, the pain was clearly too great for this, as his legs collapsed under him. "Whoops!" he exclaimed. The drake scuttled to his feet again, and looked out the door he once came in. He saw a funny-looking hatchling through it. Ooh! Another friend! he thought aloud. He darted up to it to say hello. And then some.

He jumped up to the hatchling and started blurting sentences a mile a minute. "Hello! The fuzzy things call me Klutz. I don't know if that's my name. I burnt my paws on a fence, but a friend of mine healed them. All of my friends are on the other side of the door over there, except for you. You are here! By the way, what's your name?" Klutz stared at the hatchling intensively, listening for an answer and taking a deep breath.

"Please! Somebody!!" Tyra continued to cry out, whimpering and tucking her tail between her legs. Just then, a beam of bluish silver lightly pierced the darkness of the testing facility corridors. Tyra turned to look at the light in awe. It was...so beautiful... As if in a trance, she slowly began walking to the light, hoping to discover its source. Her tiny claws clicked on the white floor as the light began to get brighter and brighter. Lifting her muzzle, she inhaled deeply. What was that smell? It was fresh, clean, and gave a sense of hope.

Then before she knew it, her paw stepped on some weird texture. Looking down, she saw the floor was no longer cold and white but was covered in what appeared to be green strips of paper, though they didn't smell like paper. She blinked a few times, turning her head upwards. The ceiling was different too! It seemed so far away and was a deep bluish black with thousands of tiny, twinkling lights. Then there up on the weird ceiling, was a large, round, silver ball from which the mysterious light was coming from. Could this be what some of the rumors that had circulated the evil testing facility were talking about? "Outside," the rumors had called it.

Just then, she noticed some moving forms not too far away. Could they be...? Yes, they were the other hatchlings! Tyra was sure of it, catching their scent. Letting out a squeak of relief, she scurried towards the others, ignoring the slight pain in her strained shoulder.

"Please! Somebody!!" Tyra continued to cry out, whimpering and tucking her tail between her legs. Just then, a beam of bluish silver lightly pierced the darkness of the testing facility corridors. Tyra turned to look at the light in awe. It was...so beautiful... As if in a trance, she slowly began walking to the light, hoping to discover its source. Her tiny claws clicked on the white floor as the light began to get brighter and brighter. Lifting her muzzle, she inhaled deeply. What was that smell? It was fresh, clean, and gave a sense of hope.

Then before she knew it, her paw stepped on some weird texture. Looking down, she saw the floor was no longer cold and white but was covered in what appeared to be green strips of paper, though they didn't smell like paper. She blinked a few times, turning her head upwards. The ceiling was different too! It seemed so far away and was a deep bluish black with thousands of tiny, twinkling lights. Then there up on the weird ceiling, was a large, round, silver ball from which the mysterious light was coming from. Could this be what some of the rumors that had circulated the evil testing facility were talking about? "Outside," the rumors had called it.

Just then, she noticed some moving forms not too far away. Could they be...? Yes, they were the other hatchlings! Tyra was sure of it, catching their scent. Letting out a squeak of relief, she scurried towards the others, ignoring the slight pain in her strained shoulder.

((Aww... Klutz had come to you, and you ignore him...))

((Oh, sorry! D: I was confused since Klutz knew Tyra already so I thought he was talking to another hatchling and I wasn't sure by your post if Klutz went back inside. Sorry! Umm, let's just say Klutz met her outside.))

Tyra suddenly tried to stop running, seeing another hatchling bolting towards her but she couldn't stop in time and they collided. "Oof!" Shaking her head, Tyra opened her eyes and once they adjusted to the darkness, she realized it was Klutz. As usual, he was jabbering on and on, being quite excited. "Klutz? Klutz, slow down! I can't tell what you're saying," the ice dragoness laughed, out of breath herself.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Derped. I didn't remember that Klutz met Tyra. My bad.))

"Oh! am I going too fast for you?" Klutz asked. "All of my friends are out there! I got burned by a fence and landed on a soft, green ground!" he bared his slightly red paws. "C'mon! I'll show you!" he exclaimed, darting towards the door again.

"Escape, it is possible, but we have only completed half of the process..."

Zero heard Klutz run into someone and he calmly turned around, see him blabbering on about the escape with Trya. "Ah, Trya, good to see you made it out." Zero said as he walked up to hear, sounding relieved yet had the same, somewhat sad tone he always had.

"But how will we survive when we make it out?"

Edited by Burner

Dazed, Tyra managed to stumble to her feet, shaking her head. Klutz was such a ball of energy but that's what made him loveable. She chuckled with that thought. She then heard another hatchling walk up behind her and she turned to face it. It turned out to be Zero. "Yeah. I'm just glad I was able to find you guys...," she replied nervously, managing a smile as she slowly began to follow Klutz. She was glad to finally see Zero smiling for a change. "Don't worry, we'll find a way to survive somehow," she comforted him.

-Isthalas was still clinging to the knob which kept trying to throw her off by turning under her. Bit by bit the kob turned and didn't turn back the other way due to her consistent weight. A dragging, shifting click came from behind her in the small pin sized space betweent he two main bars seperating door from fence. With realization hitting her harder than the fatigue, Isthalas looked down wide-eyed and words leapt from her jaws as if, just by looking down, gravity helped to force them out.-"The door! The door, it's open!"-she called, biting back her excitement just enought to sound urgent but unsurprised. Then, something else came to mind and she called down in a grave tone, not quite as loud, but still audible.-"Someone is going to have to crash it open....and take the electricity...or we won't get through..."

Edited by Chasilin

Klutz followed in. He overheard Isthalas' plan. So, somone would have to get struck by lightning again? He already did it once.

"I'll do it." he said, bravely. "We should be free, for whatever it takes."

Klutz said aloud. He almost surprised himself with his sensible speech. He slowly backed up from the door. "Lets hope for the best," he said with a sigh.

((Sorry if this seems a little out of character, but Klutz CAN think straight. That is, if he wants to.))

Fusion ran after Song of the Wolves, not wanting to be left behind. She kept close to her, right on the dragon's tail. It wasn't long before Song stopped and reached a door. Or rather, slammed into a door. Fusion crouched down and stared at the light underneath the door. It was so pretty... They had to get to it! Song ran out then back in and opened the door. Fusion bolted out along with the others, overwhelmed by the scenery. "MOMMA!" She called, ignoring Song's command to stay quiet. The dorsal hatchling had to find her real Momma! "Momma!" She called again, a natural shrill creeping into her voice, making it higher pitched.

Klutz stopped backing up. He was ready to do this. We need to be free! he thought. Swiftly, he darted towards the electrified door with a tear in his eye. He gulped right before making contact with the door. He knew what was coming. Energy arced through his body as he shoved against it. He screamed in pain. His screaming, however, masked his joy as he felt the door moved from under him. It was open. He lost contact with the door, and tumbled into the grass behind it. Everyone was free.

"Ugh..." he moaned. "We're free." he smiled, and even chucked a little, but it was weak.

-Isthalas proved there were cracks in her semingly impenetrable mask as Klutz voulunteered, with a scream she called out to him, one word painfully ripping past her thoat, barreling right through her own defenses.- "No don- WAHH!"

-Isthalas was inturrupted as his body crashed hard into the gate and it was thrust open in a wide swing, slowing only by the grass catching the bottom of it. Since Isthalas was still clingin to the doorknob, she was taken along with the door and she lost her grip, openly surprised as she free fell through the air the short distance to the ground. Her wings, new to flight, instinctively tried to spring out to help her in her brief panic, but they horribly tangled around her flailing body because the ground came up short. A jolt of pain surged throgh her wing and she rolled off it with a controlled grimace. Despite the feeling of skin being pinched by the, she was sure, broken wing bones, Isthalas kept a straight face as ig nothing had happened, supressing all she felt until she was alone to let it out.

Isthalas went straight t Klutz and nudged him until he could stand and even offered her shoulder, the good one, to lean on. No one with an injury would support someone else, that's precicely, well partly, why she did it. Another part was because she felt really guilty and seeing the dragon get hurt made her want to cry. She would never admit it though.

Secretly, she showed him a kind, very rare, smile of encouragement, as well a touch of epathy to his pain. It was a smile only he would ever get to see, not that either of them knew that.-

Tyra turned her head, just in time to see Klutz thrust himself into the electric gate. "KLUTZ, NO!!!" she screamed, but it was too late. Klutz's body had already collided with the fence, sending who knows how many volts of electricity surging through his tiny body. The young ice hatchling could only watch in horror. As Klutz fell from the gate, she jumped into the air and spread her wings, trying to get to him so she could help break his fall to the ground but she wasn't fast enough. She hadn't even realized her wings had begun to grow in, only that one of her friends was severely hurt. Her wings were very weak and she fell to the ground, just short of Klutz.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Klutz was in pain. But he was smiling. They were all free. Free to roam the wilderness. Away from the dangerous humans. He was happy for what he did. He lie in the grass; it felt really good under his scales. He looked up to see Isthalas. Her wing was bleeding. His smile faded off of his face. He realized what he had done to the poor thing.

"Oh my. I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" he asked. He felt bad. He didn't mean to hurt anyone. He wanted the exact opposite.

He tried to get up. He pushed up with his upper paws, but the pain didn't allow.

"I... I can't get up!" he exclaimed. He turned to Song. "You don't happen to have any of that healing magic left, do you?"

Moona looked at the fence."Dumb fence." she muttered, kicking the fence. A jolt of electric tingled her body, making her fall. After a moment of shock, Moona got up. She sighed, rolling her eyes." Oh. I forgot about that." she muttered.

Moona looked at the fence."Dumb fence." she muttered, kicking the fence. A jolt of electric tingled her body, making her fall. After a moment of shock, Moona got up. She sighed, rolling her eyes." Oh. I forgot about that." she muttered.

((You ARE aware that we are free now, right? And the fact that Klutz got shocked with like a gajillion volts of eletricity?))

-Isthalas slammed the mask down once more at the mention of her wing and the ice hatchling she hadn't noticed ((which by the way saying you do something to stop something that has already happened is hard to RP around...)) When Klutz coldn't get up; she tucked her nose under his arms and kept nudging until she could get him onto her back. She wasn't aware of the pain in her wing because she was so focused on getting Klutz on her back." Klutz, we can't afford to tire her out. Please let me carry you, we have to go, so there is no point in arguing. I just want you to be easy about it." -she said, not willing to let him argue about the situation despite his seeing her wing. For his sake, since he could not possibly gauge the damage from just the blood that trickled from the surface where a piece of fractured bone had pressed through, it was gone under the skin now, she added on.- "It's just a scratch okay?"

Edited by Chasilin

((Yeah, you're right. So sorry about that... ^^; Edited))

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Klutz appreciated the kindness of Isthalas, but he's rather sit alone with pain then let her go through the trouble and pain of carrying him everywhere. Besides, his burnt flesh hurt when it touched her rough scales. But he knew that she would do it whether or not Klutz liked it. She wanted to act tough. "Thank you," was all he said as he was being lifted onto the shoulders of the hatchling.

(("Meow!" much? You don't need to get aggressive, he was trying to help. P.S. Isthalas has skin, not scales....-never thought of her as having scales since her hide looks so soft and smooth....- Even if her species might usually have scales that I am not aware of...I'm calling it genetic mutation *^*))

-Isthalas, as soon as she was sure Klutz was situated okay, started moving. At first she was slow, but remembering that their lives depended on how quicly they could get out, she sped up, careful to move with the grace that commonly came with being a creature of the unnatural. Her shoulders barely rose up to bother the hatchling on her back, nor her hips, she moved smoothly and still kept a proper balance. Walking slightly ahead of the others she knew were sure to follow, she said, for Klutz's ears only.- "I'm sorry you got hurt..."

Edited by Chasilin

Tyra grunted and rolled over to her stomach. In her rough landing, she'd managed to strain her injured arm again, causing arcs of pain to shoot from her paw all the way up into her shoulder. "Great...," she mumbled, trying to stand but failing miserabley. Finally, she managed to stand on three legs, holding her injured right foreleg close to her body.

Why did her back feel so heavy...? Craning her neck, Tyra turned her head to look. Her eyes widened, finding small wings beginning to grow right behind her shoulder blades. "W-wings? I-I have wings...!" she whispered.