UmbreWulf

A Prison for Hatchlings

What do you think of this RP?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(ya know, I cant make out the which part is which on a Moonstone hatchie. Tere so small)

Moona watched as Klutz burns worsened. She looked at the gate, slumped her shoulders, and went to Klutz." need a hand?" she asked crawling underneath humans picking him up. She bounded toward the door in a slow-some skipping way.

Edited by girlfairy76

Song looked away helplessly before galloping through the open gate. "I'Ican't help," she murmured, the spark of magic drained. "I don't have the gift to heal like I should." She recalled one of her egg-memories faintly; of her mom telling her about how Whites could heal. White dragons, like me, your father, and you, when you hatch, have the special ability to heal wounds and ease pain of others. It's very special, Song. "But I don't," she whispered to herself. How come I'm a White and yet others are suffering around me? Why can't I DO SOMETHING? WHY ME? she thought angrily, gritting her teeth and shredding the grass with her sharp claws.

Because you were born to fight. The one sentence rang through her mind and echoed like a bell. Song slowly looked up at the other dragons. Klutz's burns had worsened. She had witnessed the tiniest gleam of bone from Isthalas' wing. Tyra had a bad shoulder. I shoul be able to do something, she thought sourly, trudging along behind the others.

Tyra, eager to tell someone about her new discovery, spotted Song not too far away. "Song, Song!" she cried, cantering towards the white hatchling using her three good legs, "Look, I have wings!!" Her shoulder didn't seem to be on her mind at all, just that she'd discovered her wings.

((I suppose heading directly into the tree line not too far from the entrance of the gate. Considering that there is a lot of wild life around the lab and I love to RP in forests x3 Also...if it were wide open ground....they'd never escape x.x...-unrealisticaly envisions them at the top of a hill in the distance looking down at the chaos surrounding the lab and then turning to start a new journey- *^* omg -scribbles this down somewhere.-))

((Just out of curiosity, can I have a list of all the dragons that made it out?

Copy-paste this into your post when you add your name, so I can see it clearly.

Escapees:

Klutz

Also: I lost the game.))

Klutz likes the outdoors. He has only been out for a few minutes, and he already liked it. The green serenity pleased his eyes and the crispness of the air pleasured his nose. If only I could feel the ground under my paws.... He longingly thought.

((I have something interesting planned ahead. However, Klutz needs to recover before I can continue with it.))

((Pretty sure the following escaped; Song, Tyra, Isthalas, Klutz, Zero, Moona, and lastly Fusion. Since it's high time for the scientitsts' return, the others are basically screwed...Also, since none other were really RPed during the entire escape scene, their characters will most likelt have no real clue how to get out. Wouldn't they have to go through the process of figuring it out since they missed their chance?))

-Isthalas headed straight for the trees that stretched out before them. A thought occured to her and she spoke out loud to others, her voice low but able to be heard within the small group of hatchlings.-

"Once we make it to the cover, we shouldn't keep straight, let's go off diagonally for a while and keep our direction away from the lab...just as long as it's not straight. It'll be the first place they look because they underestimate us..." -Isthalas looked back at Song.- "Song...could you come here a moment?" -she said, her voice was seemingly disinterested and void but the way she paused before fully facing forward again made it look like she had something to say. And she did.

To Klutz she spoke softly.-"Klutz? Hang in there...when we have the chance to stop, you can rest. What is the first thing you want to try? We'll have to eat what food we can get our claws on in the wilderness, but if there is something you secretly have always wanted to taste...I'll find it for you. Don't tell anyone, 'kay?" -

Isthalas felt her heart throb as adreniline pumped into it and made it ache for more than the dragon on her back, but for the broken wing beneath it. Not once, though, did she ever show any signs of feeling pain and she was glad she could keep going without Klutz being worried, he was ucomfortable enough. Idly she thought just how uncomfortable he must be, but in all truth, if he was let to walk on his own, he'd be unable to keep the pace they needed to at least have a chance of escaping. If there was anything that Isthalas was absolutely firm about, it was that no one who had made it this far, was going to be left behind. She'd do everything within her power to make sure of it.-

((They're free!? GAWD I missed a lot! Can someone please help me on how to jump in on this... sad.gif ))

((Okay, I'll give it a shot))

Skye woke much later. Almost too late. She looked around the cages to find most of the hatchling gone. Escaped. No.... No No NO! she thought, pacing around her cage fearfully. What do I do? How do I get out! I will surely die if I don't... Pausing for a moment, the little daydream spotted opened locks on the opened cages. That's it! If I open the lock, then I can escape!

Climbing up the bars of her cage, Skye carefully inserted on of her talons into the lock. After wiggling it around a bit, the lock clicked open and the door swung open. Yes! she thought triumphantly, crawling out. Thinking twice before bolting, she closed the door and relocked it so her cage wouldn't be the first to be noticed unlocked. Taking one last glance at the miserable cage, she ran off, using shadows for cover towards the door to freedom.

Klutz rested. It's not like he can do anything else. He was extremely tired. Some rest could help his wounds. He took a big yawn, and felt his eyelids drooping. And Isthalas' back was warm, too. Maybe I can sleep for just a moment... he said to himself. His eyes closed, and he was soon in the land of the dreams.

To Skye's absolute delight, the door was left open just a crack. Hearing the scientists returning behind her, she slipped through and out into the open. She was about to charge out, but stopped short in front of a fence. It hummed with electricity. A fence! Oh no... I have no idea how to get out of this one.... Skye's eyes leaked with tears. She was so close... just the fence, just the fence...

To Skye's absolute delight, the door was left open just a crack. Hearing the scientists returning behind her, she slipped through and out into the open. She was about to charge out, but stopped short in front of a fence. It hummed with electricity. A fence! Oh no... I have no idea how to get out of this one.... Skye's eyes leaked with tears. She was so close... just the fence, just the fence...

((The fence is open. Just barely though. If you are lucky, you can catch up with us!))

((fufu beetcha! Nyan~Klutz didn't say if there was a food he wanted to try x.x ))

((Thank you! smile.gif))

Skye paced the fence until finally she saw it opened. Barely. Heart soaring, she charged forward: out of the hell she was forced to hatch in and out into the wild. She ran hard to catch up to the others, who had run towards the forest. The grass tickled her paws, and the fresh air gave her renewed energy. When the others finally came into sight she called out, "Wait! Please wait for me!"

((fufu beetcha! Nyan~Klutz didn't say if there was a food he wanted to try x.x ))

((Klutz doesn't know 'food'. He hatched less that a day ago, and hasn't had anything to eat yet. He's actually hungry right now; I'll write about it later Stay tuned, I plan to write (Maybe) about Klutz's dream, that is, if he dreams anything interesting.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

((lolsies okie dokie~ Isthalas will probably feel the need to look after him...no doubt she'll probably make it look like she dosn't though x3 Poor introverted thing...nyan~You're welcome, love, happy to help ^^ I would reply to your approach but I am waiting on Song...wait....nvm I think I can still reply.))

-Isthalas got no answer and the tickling breath at the back of her neck was all she got; Klutz had fallen asleep. She smiled to herself as she was sure no one could see. Behind her she heard a hatchling calling loudly for them to stop. Isthalas, out of curiosity stopped to wait but she didn't have to wait lnog. By the time the hatchling had caught up, the others had practically caught up to her, she'd forgotten she'd been walking ahead. Mentally noting to herself they would need to try to pick up the pace, Isthalas gave the new commer a hard look to be quiet.-

"You'll have to try to keep you voice down, the humans are going to be looking for us, if any of them saw you...we're in trouble." -Isthalas let her expression soften for the sake of the frazzled hatchlings around her and spoke softer.- "We're almost to the trees, once we make it there we can slow down a little bit. Try to catch your breath as we walk, we won't be resting for a while."

-Somehow Isthalas realized she'd become a makeshift leader of sorts to the group, it made her want to shift and fidget, but Klutz on her back reminded her to keep her grace. This was preciscely the reason she'd called for Song who'd been lagging behind looking helpless and irritated about it. Song seemed to be a healthy candidate for the lead role in all of this...Isthalas didn't have the ability to convey her emotions or offer moral support like she knew the white could. Isthalas started walkng again and waited almost impatiently for Song to talk to her.-

Panting, Skye fell in beside the other hatchling. "Sorry," she whispered forcing herself to steady her breathing. Once her heart stopped pounding so hard she asked, "Has everyone escaped? The scientists came back just as I left." She absentmindedly glanced over her shoulder at the lab and shivered at the thought of the other hatchlings still trapped there.

((@mew Isthalas, Skye, Zero, Moona, Klutz, Song, Tyra and Fusion have all escaped and are nearing the treeline after making it out of the lab and past the electric fence. All the hatchlings who have not replied during the escape time, yourself included, are stuck inside the lab because the scientists have come back. Skye only just barely made it out...))

-Isthalas gave a side glance enough to show the somber look on her face before turning to face ahead again, she could feel Klutz's heart beating between each of her own.- "Not all of them made it." -she said feeling a kind of gloom hang over the group at the meager results of the escape, but they were alive, even if they weren't home free just yet.- "We need to focus on getting far enough away before we can focus on what to do next. Once we've gotten ourselves fed and rested and sure we're safe, then, and only then, can we have the luxury to think about those who didn't make it." -A pause coupled with a sigh and then,- "I have to make sure you guys stay alive." -Isthalas blnked realizing her slip-up and then went quiet, not bothering to correct it since it was the truth. She fully intended to keep them all alive.-

Edited by Chasilin

The place Klutz found himself was dark and slightly cold. Yet it was not the fuzzy thing's cages. It had a much friendlier, cozier, familiar feeling. He looked out. He saw a dragon leaning over her egg. He curiously walked up to them. They, too, were Ochredrakes. The mother had a dark brown ring around each of her great wings. Somehow, he felt as if he had been here before.He also felt a strange connection with the egg. He knew it meant something important. He couldn't explain why, though. And then it came to him. This was a dream of him at his laying grounds; a dream he didn't want to wake from.

"Is this egg... me?" he asked the mother. She turned her attention to Klutz.

"Yes. I guess you can say that," she responded.

"So you must be... my mom?!" he said, bursting with enthusiasm.

The older drake smiled slightly and chuckled. "Not yours," she said, before leaning in and planting a small kiss on Klutz's forehead. Klutz stepped back in surprise. He slowly circled around to the other side of the egg, away from the adult dragon. Klutz's eyes shifted from the mother, to the egg. It had started to wobble. Klutz somehow knew what was going to happen next. With a loud Crack! the egg top split open. Out crawled a newborn Ochredrake boy.

Suddenly, the world started to fade around him. It was changing. Klutz soon found himself not in a friendly cave, but a cold, metal, table. The mother was gone, but the hatchling wasn't. He was on the table, too.

"Where am I?" he asked the hatchling, as if he knew. For some reason, the hatchling didn't respond. Or even take any notice that Klutz was there in the first place. Two of the fuzzy things from the lab appeared from behind the table, and two more on the opposing side. Klutz was very scared, and the other hatchling seemed even more so. Two of the giants pinned down the other hatchling, while the remaining two pulled out empty syringes. They jabbed into the sides of the hatchling as he screamed aloud. Continued

((Sorry for the split post. Stupid DSi browser only allows so many characters per form.))

The needles sucked up blood like steel mesquitoes. Once the needles left, however, the torture did not stop there. The fuzzy things put down the needles and grabbed two more, and placed them in again, inflicting two more painful puncture wounds. Klutz feared the gruesome sight. Needles after needles went into the poor Ochredrake, who was coming to screams. Klutz came to tears and cried scared. The fuzzy things eventually faded away, leaving the hatchling on the cold table to bleed out whatever blood was left in the small system. The hatchling was gasping for air, and spoke words for the first time Klutz heard.

"Where are you, Daddy? You promised to protect me!"

Klutz burst into deep, sobbing tears. The saddness of the entire situation spring waterfalls from his eyes. "MAKE IT GO AWAY!" he screamed at the ceiling.

"Klutz. Klutz.... Klutz!" -Isthalas had begun to call the young ovhredrakes name due to his twitching and shaking, the last exclamation was due to the fact that he nearly rolled off. Unfortunately for Isthalas, the way he was rolling, was in the direction of her bad wing and it reflexively expanded to keep him on. She gasped in utter silence, not letting air so much as whistle past her flashing teeth before biting down hard and replacing her wing.- "Klutz, wake up, Klutz, please, wake up." -she whispered to him through her teeth, afraid to open her jaws because it felt like a howling screech of pain was nestled on her tongue, just waiting to slip out.-