Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

" Fine, fine. But before I reveal myself, are any of you in the White Shadow group? I know I am." Hysteria said. She wouldn't she herself to strangers— unless she knew them. She stared at Nyx. " Were you here for the meteor?" she asked. She had dug Ito the ground to escape— no, the Shadow world— and survived. She didn't want to waste her time panicking by flying around, waiting to get killed.

Nyx nodded. "I heard a bang and went to see what happened. I am not a part of this 'White Shadow' group, considering I'm not so sure what it is..." Nyx answered it. She was confused about this dragon, what was she talking about??

((Waiting for Shur. Seriously where is she?))

Nightstar shrugged. Looking up at the stars, he growled. "Did you ever wonder if there is Light in the Shadows?"

" Okay, then... Yo could join it. It would suit you well. It mostly has Shadow Walkers, like you and me, and sometimes other dragons." Hysteria said, revealing herself. She stared at Nyx, then Aquos.

((Yes, your Pumpkin Pygmy. Or whatever it is.))

((Bartine's a pumpkin pygmy alright. So what is it that you need him for?))

"I don't belong to any clan, yet. We were just resting over here after we escaped from the meteor." replied Icefire. "Those two," she said, pointing to them, "just showed up here randomly."

---

Helium rubbed his belly. "Hmm... I think I've heard of that before..." He stared into the night, furiously pondering this matter. He slowly closed his eyes, shutting out the world around him as he continued to think. Suddenly, his eyes snapped open. "Meh. Whatever it is, it's probably not too important," he declared.

Edited by greenglassesgal

"I remember hearing something like that once," Shade mused. "It was on a day when the lake was foggier than usual and I was busy fishing, then something dark and upright rose up and said "Light is in everywhere in the shadows," or something like that." He flicked his tail. "Depends what you think of as shadows. If all darkness is shadow and all shadow is darkness, then yes, there is light in the shadows. Just look at the stars." He waved his paw in the general direction of the nebula, before remembering that the dragon he was pointing at had tried to destroy another dragon twice, and firmly put his paw back down. "If you think of shadows as what is made when light falls on anything else, however, then no, there is not light in the shadows. It would only be that some shadows are lighter than others, and if there was a light in shadow, then the light would illuminate the shadow, and the shadow would no longer be shadow." He had thought of that strange message many times, and his thorough speech was thanks to his many cumulative days of considering the odd subject. He was also feeling a bit weird due to saying "shadow" so many times in a row.

Aquos yawned and said, "Well, I best be going." He was begining to feel nervous with this talk. If his pendant had anything to do with it, he didn't want to get involved. He turned and began walking away.

Helium yawned. "I don't see why everyone is fussing about light and shadow. It's simple really. Light is basically a form of electromagnetic radiation that is visible to our eyes, while shadows are formed when there is an object obstructing the light." He shrugged. "Although, if you look at it from a more poetic perspective, you could say that without light, there is no shadow, and without shadow, there is no light."

"Exactly. The stars told me that..." Nightstar narrowed his eyes. "Well, better get going." With a flick of his tail, Nightstar walked away.

Shade stared contemplatively up at the sky. "I've never favored the thought that without shadow, there is no light. After all, the sun doesn't have much of a shadow, does it? Although it seems you all consider shadow and darkness to be one and the same, in which case I suppose your comparison would work." He shook his head and continued, "But to me, shadow and darkness are different; I wouldn't call gray and black the same colors, even if they are similar."

Hearing Nightstar say he was leaving, Shade turned his head and called out "Goodbye" to the two departing dragons.

Helium mumbled a quiet "goodbye". Then, he continued rambling to himself. "Well, technically, you could have light without shadows. But then, we might not even know that light existed. Or maybe we would..." His words slowly faded into loud snoring as he talked himself to sleep.

Steel rolled his eyes at Helium. (I totally forgot about him for a few minutes.) Then he settled down back next to the fire. "Helium, shouldn't you be going back the cave?" Scraping up the ashes from the prey, Steel ate them up, looking at Shade. "Why don't you stay here for the night?It's pretty dark out."

Shade unfolded his wings, gazing at the night stars silently. "Thanks," he said finally, "but I'm nocturnal, and anyway I have more questions to ask others." Jumping into the air, he continued, "I appreciate the food. Maybe I'll pay you back someday." The flickering shadows from the last of the fire seemed to make him disappear into the dark of night. "Farewell," he murmured as he flew off into the treetops.

[[Gah, sorry for being so inactive. This place is lagging...that's so sad because this is my first RP xd.png]]

Nightstar walked into the shadows, hiding himself. After a few minutes of silence and walking, Nightstar turned to Mystery. "What do you want to do?"

Steel nodded farwell before turning back to the campfire. Sending a large breath of fire, the blast enveloped the night, sending large crackles in the air. Settling down, Steel prepared himself for the night. "Well, we should sleep now." Steel muttered to Helium.

Helium's eyes snapped open. "Whaaa? Oh ok." He then lumbered back to his cave. Pushing aside some pebbles that had somehow been flicked on his favorite resting place, he settled down and went straight back to sleep

Hysteria sighed as rain dropped into her white scales. " Stupid. Why can't I fly? I wish I learned when I had time." the shadow walker grumbled, jumping into the air to be taken a few dragon steps ahead, then fell down. She closed her eyes, remembering how they flew. Suddenly her eyes shot open.They flap their wings! all those ones she tried. She was gliding.... Closing her eyes, the shadow walker jumped up and flapped her wings, surprised it worked. " I can fly! Can't wait to tell Sombra!" she cheered, heading to the White Shadow's cave.

((Recap? I think I died a few months ago, so this zombie will try her best to get back to normal.))

((nothing much happened. I know that most of the loners were simply sitting around, discussing about whether light exists in the shadows or not. I don't know about the clan dragons, though... That was rather useless...))

((... I wonder. If I brought the bad clan-leaders in... What would happen...?))