Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One last attempt. If it fails, then I’m really sure that this RP is dead.

*Backs away from the RP, then starts running madly towards it*

*BUMP*

*Takes a step back*

Hm…well, I done all I could.

((Okay, there's more people, and I'm attempting.))

Tenebrae sat on the Light Shadow Clan's cave, ignoring Sombra yelling at him to get off. She finally gave up, knowing he wouldn't budge. Mystess was crying for food inside, too, so she grabbed a bug and walked inside. Mystness ate the bug, curling up and falling asleep after.

Shyk

Shyk, tired from hunting, returned to his clan's cave. He carried a few deer in his jaw, and dropped them at the opening to the cave. He walked in, and nudged Sombra.

"Went hunting. Deer out front." He said in his low, grim voice. He saw other dragons in the cave, their auras dimmed by sleep. He himself walked over to the crater that he had dug, and curled up inside of it. He soon fell asleep, but only after lighting the bed of charcoal that he slept near.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teiren

Teiren closed her eyes, focusing on the wind flowing beneath her wings. She was enjoying the sensation of flying when she felt a small thermal to her right. Leaning into it, she began circling. She opened year eyes to see that she was directly over a clearing with some dragons sleeping around a fire. The fire was nearly dead, as it was dawn, she had her orders to make sure that no hostile dragons were in the area, so she dove. Pulling her wings out at the last second, she landed in the clearing, roaring.

"Everybody up! This is Black Moon territory! You are forbidden, unless you intend to speak with Obscura, which I doubt. Now leave, before I tear your throats out!" Teiren yelled. It was an empty threat, seeing as there was at least four of them, but she had to keep a composure.

Seeing as none of them awoke, Teiren decided to fly directly back to the cave, her intention to notify Obscura. She entered the dark cave, and nudged the leader.

"We have a few loners out about three miles. Four, ranging from mature hatchlings to adults. I'm going to need backup.". She said, reasonably sure that Obscura was awake. She nudged him again, to be sure. When she got no response, Teiren backed away from the Black Marrow, and sprayed him with a sudden jet of water.

If that doesn't work, then I'll just have to deal with them on my own... Teiren thought as she watched Obscura.

Oscuro growled and shook the water off of him. "I'm up!" he said, standing. "So loners, hmm? Well, let's go!" The Black Marrow lifted off the ground and flew out of the cave, waiting for Teiren.

Sombra smiled. "Thank you, Shyk," she said. She sat at the edge of the cave, watching outside as Tenebrae flew around in front. Sombra rolled her eyes at the other Shadow Walker, who landed on the roof of the cave again, and saw a shape near. After a moment she figured out the shape. Nyght. The Vampire walked closer and Sombra shot out of the cave, towards him. Tenebrae followed, confused.

Hysteria watched Sombra zip to a vampire dragon. She'd heard of one in stories... With a friend. They were holding Sombra, who was in an egg. " The Nyght guy!" The shadow walker hatchling whispered. She unfolded her wing and tried gliding towards them. It did work. She made it right behind Sombra before crashing into the ground, getting hurt, of course. Cursing she got up and stared at Nyght. " Sombra, is it really him?" she asked her leader, staring at Nyght.

Nyght smiled and looked down at the three Shadow Walkers. "Yes, it is me. The great and powerful Nyght. The one who started this war, and will end it!" he said. Tenebrae growled, spreading his wings as a warning, which made Nyght laugh. Sombra looked up at him, growling. Nyght spread his wings and hissed, making Tenebrae growl louder.

" What? What war? No one said there was a WAR!" Hysteria growled at Nyght. She unfolded her wings. " How did a war start anyway?" She hissed at the Vampire. She knew what Vampire dragons were like. They turned eggs into vampire dragon eggs. That's how they were made. Atleast, how the old dragons had said so.

Sombra looked down guiltily. "There's a war between three clans... The other Clan Lead is Oscuro. I hid it because of fear that you'd become afraid," she said. Tenebrae flew around Nyght, who completely ignored him. "Now I will go. I have hunting to be done, and a clan to attack. I will come back tonight and attack, unless you join my clan." The Vampire turned and flew away towards Oscuro's territory.

Shyk

Shyk was abruptly awakened by the sound of a dragon growling. He walked up t the edge of the cave, staying in the shadows, and saw Nyght. Shyk bared his teeth at the dragon, but stayed in the cave. After muttering a string of foul curses under his breath, Shyk walked out to meet the Vampire Dragon.

"Get out of here, you oversized bat. You have your own territory." Shyk said as he approached Nyght. To emphasize his point, Shyk breathed a bit of flame from his nostrils. If there was one thing he hated about this dragon, it was that it had no aura. He could read his companion's concern and fear perfectly fine, but the aura of the dragon before him was black, the color of death.

Teiren

Teiren leapt out of the cave and into the air. She came alongside the Black Marrow, and nodded. She streaked ahead, leading the way to the loner camp. She got near it, and dropped. She landed in the forest, a ways away from the camp, where she crouched, waiting for Obscuro's orders.

Nyght turned to Shyk and landed, spreading his wings still. "No matter how much you try to make me leave, you'll fail. I could change my mood and you wouldn't notice," he said, his voice perfectly calm.

Shyk growled, then shifted. His form changed to an exact copy of the vampire in front of him, size and all.

"I said leave." Shyk growled in a perfect imitation of Nyght. Were any other dragon to appear, it would be near impossible to tell the difference between the two. He flexed his leg muscles, prepared to spring.

"Sombra, get the younger ones behind me. I have a feeling that this is going to get ugly." Shyk said, still in a perfect imitation of Nyght, who he stared at intently.

Sombra looked up at Shyk, kind of annoyed that she was taking orders, but did as he said. She stayed out from behind him, though, since she knew the most about Nyght.

Nyght smiled, showing the faintest hint of amusement. "Oh? And why should I?" he asked, his fangs showing.

" Why do i have to not fighht!" Hysteria argued when she pushed behind Shyk. " I can kill that heartless creature!" The hatchling spread her wings, and started flapping them angrily. Surpsisingly, she lifted off the ground. " I can fly! Finally! Soon ill become an adult!" Hysteria turned her attention back to Nyght.

"Shyk, realizing that this deamon wouldn't leave without a fight, sprung, changing back to his normal appearance in the process. He grasped Nyght's neck in his jaws, and tried his best to pin him down. Shyk repeatedly hit Nyght with the spiked end of his tail, causing blood to spill.

"Leave, before I am forced to tear your throat out." Shyk growled in Nyght's ear. He was sure that Nyght had baited him to attack, but that didn't matter. All that mattered now was that he would get the beast out of their territory, or die trying.

Nyght smiled. "Make me," he whispered back. His blood was pure black, and, if swallowed, poisonous. It had a venom that made the drinker a vampire. He swung his tail at Shyk, smiling. He then disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Sombra looked around, confused. She noticed Tenebrae had disappeared, too. "Great. Both of them are gone," she muttered. She saw no tracks, or stirred wind, and she became confused. How had they managed to escape? "Get back to the cave, he might come back. I'll clean up the blood so no one attempts to do anything with it."

" Aww! I wanted to use that stuff." Hysteria whined. Sure, flying was a good thing. But why couldnt she keep vampire blood? The shadow walker watched Sombra. The person she envied. " Qhy cant i keep the blood?" She asked. " I wouldnt do anything with it." except keep it in a jar i found earlier. she thought.

"It has poison in it. Turns anyone into it. It has to be cleaned before anyone does anything with it." Sombra looked at the younger Shadow Walker. "Only it turns them HALF vampire, making them have vampire fangs and claws, and the size of one, but otherwise, making them look like their dragon kind. And... And then they drink blood." Sombra sighed, looking at the black blood.

Nyght sped towards the Black Moon territory, Tenebrae chasing him. Nyght was much faster, though, and smarter. He led Tenebrae into the Black Death forest, then disappeared, leaving Tenebrae confused and lost. Meanwhile, Nyght was in the Black Moon territory.

Tenebrae looked around and ended up sitting. He had never been in the Black Death forest before, therefore, didn't know how to leave. Or where he was. Nor did he notice the creature crawling towards him...

Oscuro crouched and watched the loners. "Now!" he whispered to Teiren.

" But i wont do anything with it! Although.. Someone might go into my room in the cave and steal it and drink it by accident. Like one of the newborns." Hysteria wondered aloud. But, the blood WAS cool... But she couldnt risk someone in the cave turning into a half-vampire. " Okay, you can clean it up.

." its for the best. Hysteria thought numbly, and got a leaf to start sweeping Nyght's blood away from the ground. While doing that, the Shadow walker mature hatchling wondered how it would look if an adult turned into a vampire. She chuckled to herself.

Sombra smiled as Hysteria decided to let it be and used shadows to help clean up while wondering where Tenebrae went. After all, he may be a bit older then her, but he was still young. And acted as a spy if needed.

Shyk

Shyk, knowing full well what he effects of the vampire's blood were, and was careful to not get any in his mouth. He was prepared to snap the neck of the foul beast when he dissapeared. In an instant, Shyk saw Tenebrae's hyperactive aura streaming over the trees.

"I'm going after Tenebrae. Don't follow." Shyk said after muttering a few curses under his breath. The last sentence was aimed mostly at the younger of the two shadow walkers, who was trying to persuade Sombra to let her keep some of the blood.

Shyk promptly began flying after Tenebrae, using her aura as a guide. His large wings made Shyk gain on Tenebrae's location, but the mature hatchling stopped. Only when Shyk was closer did he realize exactly where. He landed among the dead trees, and streaked over to Tenebrae.

"Follow me. We need to get out before..." Shyk trailed off. He had heard something in the darkness, and crouched, shielding Tenebrae with his body.

"As soon as I say so, you need to run west. Don't stop for anything. As soon as you reach the clearing, fly. I'll catch up with you... Now!" Shyk yelled as a serpentine monster leapt out of the shadows. Shyk reared up, catching it in his claws. He held it to the ground, and wrung its neck. He then breathed fire on the corpse, and then onto the nearby trees. Shyk then ran for the clearing, cutting himself on a few dead branches. He soon arrived at the clearing, and launched himself into the sky, looking around for Tenebrae's telltale aura.

Teiren

Teiren jumped into the clearing, and pinned the first dragon that she saw between her pearl white talons. She sprayed the dragon's face profusely, intent on awakening it. She looked over to Obscuro for a second before looking around the mayhem that had become the quiet clearing. Dragons flew everywhere, and the one underneath her struggled violently.

"I wouldn't return if I were you. We might not be so nice next time..." she said, putting her muzzle directly near the dragon's ear. She then jumped from on top of it, letting it fly away.

"Well, that was fun." she remarked to Obscuro after the loners had cleared out.

Edited by IceFyr1928

Hysteria rolled her eyes. " Yeah, im going in the Black Death Forest." She sounded sarcastic. The mature hatchling beat her wings and got up in the air. " Is it good to fly all the time?" She asked Sombra. She wanted to know a lot about it. She hadnt paid attention when she didnt know how to fly. Shadow Walkers have some powers. Like hiding in shadows or going to the shadow world. Hmm.. But Sombra has other powers, too. Maybe i do, too. she thought, a claw clicking against the ground.

Edited by girlfairy76

Sombra looked up at the younger Shadow Walker. "Yes, it is, most of the time. Just once your wings feel tired, you have to land, or else you'll fall from the air. It's horrible. It happened to me once, when I just got my wings. I was lucky enough not to break my wings... Enough about that; Let's go back to the cave," she said, thinking about Mystness.

Tenebrae blinked and began to fly west, shooting through the trees at an alarmingly fast speed. He then shot into the air so that he'd stop cutting himself on branches and slowed down, dizzy from the amount of blood lost. He began to fly slowly west, every now and then losing his balance and almost beginning to fall.

Oscuro smiled, amused. He rarely smiled. "Let's head back. I think someone has went into the territory near there..." he said, thinking it was another loner.

Nyght landed near the cave and looked around, then hid in the cave's shadow. He couldn't really blend in, but if you didn't look closely, you wouldn't see him.

Mystness woke up and shrieked, feeling lonely.

Shyk

Shyk spotted Tenebrae teetering alarmingly. He caught up, and kept pace with him.

"We should land for the night. You're in no condition to be flying." Shyk said, and led the way down to a clearing in the green forest, as far fro the dead forest as possible. He landed, and began building a fire. Soon, a cheery blaze was burning in the center of the clearing, and Shyk had dug himself a pit, much like the one that he slept in in the cave.

Teiren

Teiren nodded, noticing that the clan leader smiled, a rare occurrence indeed. She leapt into the air, her large wings bringing her steady. She followed Obscuro to the cave, which she walked into. She suddenly felt someone looking at her, and she was instantly alert.

"Show yourself!" Teiren yelled. She then noticed a patch of the wall that in fact, didn't look much like a wall at all. When she got closer, she realized that it was... a dragon! Teiren jumped back, snarling.

"Nyght... We really weren't expecting any visitors..." Teiren said in a mocking tone. Hopefully, he had waited for them to arrive. She quickly glanced at where her eggs were hidden, but instantly looked away.

Damn it! Gotta be more careful! Don't give it away! Teiren thought as she layed her eyes back onto Nyght.