Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[Apparently, SCM is gone. Gonna move on. Anyone willing to interact with a cavern dweller from night mist?]

Shade, seeing that thew light wasn't going to end while he was cringed, streaked out of the cave and into the dark night. He then returned to an empty cave he had spotted earlier, settling down for a bit to regain his strength. Afterward, he went hunting once more, finding a deer and some badgers, which he brought back to the clan cave.

"Nyght, the prey will be in its usual spot, near the back." Shade said before realizing that he was fast asleep. He then slunk back to the back corner of the cave, placing the prey in a heap. He then found an empty place to sit, and ate one of the badgers. He then settled down and fell asleep as dawn painted the western sky pink.

((I'm not gone.... I was taking a few naps. Which were seriously as long as cat-naps, thanks to my tummy waking me up.))

Estrella's light went away after the Cavern Dweller left. The cave was dark-ish again. She sighed and breathed a bit of golden fire on the fire to light it a bit more. "Soon I'm going to bed. You can pick any of the rooms you want for your own room if you'd like," Estrella said softly. She was weak during the day because there were no stars. The glow on her had completely disappeared, and she had drained her strength with the golden light.

Teiren woke, and stretched, feeling slightly shaky. She felt strange inside, like she was hungry, but she wasn't. This feeling, she deduced, was most likely from the transformation. She felt her new fangs poking the inside of her mouth, and she yawned, the fangs stretching to their full length. She crept out of the cave, trying not to awaken anyone else. She finally made it out of the cave, and took off. Once in the sky, she glided as much as possible, as to conserve energy. She landed in the forest, attacking all of the prey she found, sucking the life out of them with her fangs.

((Can everyone please say when they go into a forest what forest it is? It's confusing me...))

Estrella laid down, feeling too weak to make it to her room for now. She closed her eyes. Just a nap for a little bit... Not too long... She fell asleep.

(Sorry for the absence!!! Had a whole lot a censorkip.gif goin' down)

Shyk awoke early, as usual, and crept out of the cave. He was searching for prey when he came across a white, lifeless body of a deer. Two puncture wounds gleamed red on its side.

Vampire... He thought as he observed the surrounding forest. He thought he saw a fleeting figure, but he wasn't sure. He crept closer to here he thought he had seen the other dragon, and was tackled harshly from the side.

Teiren was finishing a kill when she heard another dragon in the vicinity. She immediately went on high alert, creeping quickly along the ground. She noted that the dragon had seen her, however impossible it seemed. She silently made her way around the other dragon, which turned out to be a Black Marrow. Teiren hissed as she tackled him, pinning him under her intensified strength.

"Who are you, and what are you here for?!?" She hissed angrily at the much larger male dragon.

Shyk was struggling underneath an opponent, who was much stronger than their body structure suggested. He stopped for a second when he heard a female voice.

"I-I'm hunting..." Shyk grunted under her grip. He heaved once more, but to no avail.

((I apologize for disappearing. I'll probably disappear again...))

Syra was flying over the forests, looking for prey, when she heard a dragon. No, make that two dragons. She dived towards the source, her aura dark-ish.

Teiren glowered at the weak Black Marrow that struggled under her grip. She growled, and got off of him. She took a threatening stance, ready to attack once more should he prove chancey. She flexed her claws in the dirt as he got up, expecting him to attack. But he didn't. He just looked at her, directly in her eyes. His face was contorted into a snarl, but his eyes, his eyes stared into her knowingly. Almost as if he could see her very soul. She tried to maintain her furious look, but she couldn't help but stare curiously back into the dragon's eyes.

Shyk felt the pressure atop him lift, and he got up. He muttered under his breath about those damn vampires and their thinking they own the island, but then he looked up at her. He saw a graceful, sleek, beautiful dragon before him. She was only half vampire, but she seemed to fit the body. Unlike most dragons, where they suddenly seem scrawny, this dragon seemed made for the body structure of a vampire. He looked into her dark aura, focusing all of his energy on the task. What he gleamed from the colors surprised him. He saw guilt, anger, and fear hidden behind the curiosity that was now taking dominance. However, none but the curiosity was directed at him. It seemed that she had become a half, and didn't want anyone else to know. He slowly approached the beautiful dragon, ignoring the growls that he knew were hollow. He came face to face with her, and her snarl faded away.

"I am Shyk, you?" He said reassuringly. He saw the instantaneous doubt arise, but the curiosity at Shyk prevailed.

"Teiren. Why? What is so important about my name?" She replied.

Her voice... As beautiful as I thought it would be once she was done being angry... Shyk thought. He nodded.

"A name befitting of one so fair." Shyk added. He gently nuzzled her face, expecting to be met with claws, but was surprised when she in turn nuzzled back.

"I-""No, don't speak. This is not a time for words." Teiren cut him off. She smiled.

"I never believed in love at first sight. Funny that that's how it turns out." She added, then nuzzled him again.

Syra stopped as she saw them and raised her wings. A breeze took her away from them, bringing her to the clan cave again. She landing inside and went to her room, falling asleep as soon as she curled up.

Tenebrae watched Sombra, wondering if he should join the clan. No, because she'll be suspicious. Plus, I can't spy on the other clans, then! he thought. He continued watching Sombra. Her gaze shifted from Hysteria to Tenebrae. "Is there something wrong, Tenebrae?" she asked. He blinked and sat up, nearly falling off of the cave's roof. "N-No, of course not, Sombra," he said, startled. "Okay then," Sombra said, not completely convinced.

((I should bring in the Shadow Cats!))

[Okay... Just retread that last post of mine... Kinda awkward... Anywho, feel free to do what you wish, I'm not really picky when it comes to this stuff. Oh, I can imagine Shyk meeting one right now. They will be intelligent beings capable of speech, correct?]

Shyk pulled away from Teiren. This was awkward. Falling in love with another dragon. A half vampire on top of that! Plus, she was from a different clan! Shyk shook his head, and flew away, back to the cave. He came to a stop just outside of the clearing, and saw that Tenebrae was on the roof again. Awoken is such a great song, it just makes him sleepy...

"Tenebrae, what is the use of being up there? Please, for your clan leader's sanity, get down!" He said. This had become a sort of exchange between the two. He'd say that, and then Tenebrae would reply with some witty comment about it. It was more of a habit than anything. Shyk curled up in his pit, finally staying awake to 20 Percent Cooler. He drifted off, thinking of Teiren and awesome Pony Dubstep. God I'm sleepy. Off to bed for me too. No, I have to do Teiren's POV! Impossible! It's already eleven! Not happening. Off to bed with me. If there is anything strange, I'll try and fix it. Abnormal my sleepy brain can bee...

((I added a bunch about them on the front page, and yup! If anyone wants to play one for another character, you just need to put their gender, name, special ability, and color of shadow in the OOC. No limit on the Shadow Cats.))

"But I can be a lookout from up here," Tenebrae said as Shyk walked into the clan cave. Sombra laughed, then flew inside. Tenebrae watched.

((It's really easy to guess anything about Tenebrae and be right...

I think you might have messed up a bit. I'm not sure...))

Edited by seacatsmew

[i thought so.]

Teiren sighed as Shyk flew away. He was right. It was awkward. She walked deeper into the overgrown forest. [Cue this song.] she passed by a pool, only to see that her reflection was faint. It distorted with the water. A shadow of what she had once been. Nowhere to go. She had to find somewhere out here. A cave, only large enough for her. She'd then start living here. A loner. Despised. Forgotten. A shadow.

[i'll see if I won't make me one of those cat-things.]

Edited by IceFyr1928

Dulcamara saw who he thought was a loner. They looked sad. Easier to attack, then! he thought. His fangs slid out as he silently moved towards her. His scales made it impossible to see anything but his glowing eyes.

Fuego walked around Mist Lake. He had smelt human, but where was it? A flame was ahead of him, allowing him to see through the mist.

Espanto had laid a trap in the Kaayshia forest. He was waiting in a tree for prey.

Luces was sleeping in the White Shadow's clan cave. The Shadowlurker clan had their own room in the cave.

Teiren stumbled over a root. The forest was getting thicker the further she went. She thought she heard something approaching, but as she looked around she dismissed it as a harmless animal. She soon came to a small cave, and settled down inside of it.

WHY THE HELL DID I GO THROUGH WITH THIS!!! she silently screamed in her head. She dug he claws into the soil, releasing her anger in a jet of broiling water. It steamed up the cave, and hissed as it touched plant matter. She was beginning to get 'thirsty' again. Soon enough, she'd have to go out into the forest yet again.

"Why..."

Edited by IceFyr1928

Dulcamara followed her. He was as silent as possible, but he couldn't stop the sounds of leaves crunching under him. He stopped to lie down so he could slither, which made him look like a big snake. He hid in the shadows when she arrived at the cave, climbing onto a big tree. He hung on a thick branch to watch her. He backed away from the steam, then watched carefully for anything that might be a weakness... Or if she sensed him.

Teiren stopped. There was something out there. Something hostile. She slid further into the cave, keeping her attention fixed on its entrance.

"Whatever you are, I'd watch out..." She said. Of course, with her luck, it'd just be some deer, or other form of wildlife. In any case, she took a defensive crouch, scanning the forest. Her eyes picked up a shadow, and she honed in on it. A dragon! She locked eyes with it, slowly baring her teeth.

"Only death awaits you, or worse. It is not worth your time to attack me." she said. Hopefully, the dragon would take a hint. She really despised the older hatchlings, thinking that they were invisible. She spat a small harmless stream of water at it just in case.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Shyk slid out of the cave. It was getting darker. Now was the time to go and see what he could stir up. He flew to the lake that marked the approximate center of the island, with its ever-present mist. He spotted a flame, so he took on the appearance of a small Kraken, sliding into the water as he did so. He came upon his prey, and grabbed it with one of the tentacles that this shape gave him, bringing it to his large eye.

"You are intruding on dragon land!" he said in his deepened voice. He slammed the beast onto the ground, and transformed back into a Black Marrow, pinning it down. "What do you want here?" He asked, much quieter. He noticed that it was more of a large cat, and seemed red in color.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Shade awoke. Finally, nighttime. He crept out of the cave. Nyght had recently notified him about the shadow cats that had remained hidden until now. He knew which ones to attack, and which ones to be friendly with. He slipped into his shadow-cloak, becoming almost invisible. He then snuck into Black Moon territory. Time to instigate some trouble...

Dulcamara ducked, hissing. He dropped to the forest floor, spotting vampire teeth. Was that even possible? "Half-vampire!" he hissed, wrapping his tail around the tree. He flew up into the air, his tail letting go of the tree. "Half-vampire!"

"This is all clan's territory! I'm a Shadow Cat!" Fuego hissed. "Has no one told you? You're better off without them, then. Join us... All of your hopes and dreams with come true..." He relaxed, like he was sure no harm would come to him, but in truth, he was preparing to attack if needed.

Espanto, bored, gathered his shadows and darted out of the Kaayshia forest. He grew wings out of shadows and used some to make him a spiked tail, too. His leftovers he used to make a cloak. Hopefully he'd look like a strange dragon, now. He walked through Black Moon's territory, spotting Shade. He hid in the shadows and watched.

Shyk hissed in the cat's face. That he would have the audacity...

"Go to hell. I wouldn't join you. I'd consider it one of the worse torments than death." Shyk quietly said to it. He suddenly took off, carrying the cat in his locked claws.

"You amuse me. I'll let you live. For now." He hissed, seeing that no fear entered the cat's expression. He then landed, and flew off to do what he had planned.

Shade snuck through the field. He would be invisible to all but a few very skilled dragons. There was an immense smile on his face, a fearful sight indeed, and his wings were half unfurled with delight. Oh, this prank was going to be good...

Shade finally arrived at the cave, and he crept inside, avoiding contact with the various dragons that lay about. Once he had reached the back of the cave, he grinned deviously. Time to set the trap of all traps. He carefully set down the bundle of carved sticks and various other components. He then started assembling something that looked like a sphere. Only this sphere would stick to its victim with hundreds of tiny, painful needles. Oh yes... Now he only need wake Oscuro, most likely with a pebble, and watch the fun begin. He readied it, picking out his form from the others. He once again disappeared, and threw the rock. It hit its target with a satisfying clunk, and Shade slid further into the shadows.

Espanto was unaware Shade was of the clan he was supposed to help and set a trap made of shadows behind him. It was simple, just a pit that had a bit of magic involved. Anyone who fell in couldn't fly out. They had to get the cat to lift the ground in it. His tail twitched.

Oscuro woke up with a start, but stayed still. Once Fuego got back from his walk...

Fuego flew back to the clan cave after, his expression amused. He landed in the shadows, startling Espanto. The Shadow Cat, seeing this, grabbed him by the tail, making him release the magic that made the pit trap. Espanto gave a yowl of pain and a flame appeared on Fuego's paw. He held the paw under the black Shadow Cat's head, his wing pushing the cat's head down. "What are you doing?" the Red Shadow Cat asked, his voice plain.

Teiren sighed. She said, "Don't remind me. Now if you don't have anything helpful to say, scram!" She settled back down in the small cave, and started licking her claws. Old habits die hard.

<<>><<>><<>><>><>><<>><<>><>><<>><<>><<>><>><<>><<>>

Shyk flew over the plains that made up most of the island. Who were these cat-things? Why did they seem to know so much about the clans? Too many questions, and not enough answers... He'd have to bring it up with Sombra later.

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Shade took a step back from his devious creation. Only, his foot didn't touch ground. Shade quickly withdrew the foot, looking back. Suddenly, a loud yowl erupted from the shadows, and Shade saw two large cats fighting. One seemed to be summoning fire out of no-where. Shade cursed under his breath, and flew out of the cave as quickly as possible. Hopefully, no-one spotted him.

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><>>>

Thresh slid through the shadows. The prey nearby was a large dragon. A black one at that. He seemed to be waiting for something. Thresh prepared to pounce, but stopped himself as the dragon shreeked something about a half-vampire, flying down from his perch.

Damn. There goes my elaborate meal... Thresh thought as he crouched in the brush, looking for yet another opportunity to strike a fatal blow to the back of the neck.

Dulcamara heard something and went silent. He turned and hissed at the bushes, thinking whatever was there was near them. His pearl-white fangs and his red eyes gave him a deadly look, since he was pitch-black. He turned back to the other half-vampire and thought for a moment, making a plan. "I'll help you, I have plenty advice to offer. Like how you must stay alert at all times, even when you're sleeping, and where to find the best prey," he said. Dulcamara's fangs stayed out, making a hissing noise when there was a 's'. He wanted it to do that, even when his fangs were hidden.

Fuego saw the trap and threw Espanto at it. The cat gave a loud hiss and darted away, Fuego smiled, amused, then walked into the clan cave and curled up in the Shadow Cat's room.

Espanto used shadows to pick the barbs off and darted into Nyght's clan cave. He ran into the Shadow Cat's room.

Luces woke up and walked outside the cave. She saw Sombra, Hysteria, and Tenebrae. Sombra looked up at Luces. "Hey Luces," she said. Luces waved a paw in response and looked over at Tenebrae, who had fallen asleep. She blinked, then continued on her way to the river.

Teiren sighed. Of course he would... And now he's hissing at a bush... Why is it that I get stuck with the wierdo... she thought. She slowly got up, keeping her eyes on the new dragon.

"Well, if you're going to help me, I need a name. Also, stop growling at the bush, it's just foliage with a bit of undergrowth. Nothing important -- unless you intend to tell me that there is something in there, which I highly doubt. No dragon but a hatchling would be able to hide in there. Plus, what's going to attack two HALF-VAMPIRES?!?" she said, being sure to put plenty of emphasis on the last part. Anything out there would be either insane or just straight out stupid.

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<<>>

Thresh growled slightly. He'd been discovered. He slid through the planes of existence, becoming no more than a small, tattered shadow to a close onlooker. Those were easy to hide in this forest. He then ran off,

Dulcamara stayed silent for a moment. "Dulcamara," he then said. "And perhaps it didn't know what we were," he said.

"Okay, Dulce de leche, what have you got to offer? I don't have all day, and if you don't turn up usefull, I think I might have just found my next meal. As for staying alert, I already got it covered. Places to hunt? Please. We're in a forest. There's food all around!" She said. Yep, this dragon was essentially useless. Barking at shadows(how close to the truth she was without knowing it!), pointing out obvious information... Ugh.

[Yes, the name mistake was intentional. Adds a bit of humor to the situation.]

Edited by IceFyr1928

"My name is Dulcamara!" he hissed. "Also... Do you know about the Tiger Bears, though? And where they hunt? How to scare them away, because they have no fear for dragons? In fact... They eat them," Dulca said. He watched her carefully. "The places where the food hides when the Winter comes? Where the other Loners are most likely to be? How about the cave that smells of human?" He stopped, thinking he shouldn't have said anything about the human cave.

((Dulcamara is really long so his nickname is Dulca. Even though that's in a different language.

From 'Nightshade' to 'Sweet'... I'm wondering how that works...

The Tiger Bears are some random think I decided that the forests should have. Deadly bears with tiger designs, three rows of teeth, and red eyes- Kinda like Dulca's, only darker. Also, the cave that smells of human is just a cave that seriously does smell of human... It's when humans used to live, and where no creature dares to go.))

Teiren slightly grinned, and nodded slowly.

"How do you expect me to not know about that stuff? One learns of these things once they are old enough to leave the cave!" She said. Of course, she didn't know a thing about these 'Tiger Bears', but she'd be able to manage. There wasn't much that she couldn't handle.

"So Dulcamara, anything else you wish to add to this conversation?" She said.