Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Light in The Shadows

OoC

((Girlfairy76 is one of the form approvers. I'll update this when I get more of them.))

-History-

It was a stormy night. Two matured hatchlings, one a Black Marrow, the other a Vampire, walked together, carrying a Shadow Walker egg. But then, something happened to those three. The Vampire, whose name was Nyght, dropped the egg. The Black Marrow, Oscuro, looked at him.

"Nyght, what's wrong?" Oscuro asked.

With a flash, Nyght attacked Oscuro and Oscuro fell to the ground. Nyght dragged the egg and hatchling along, put each near a cave, then disappeared into a different cave himself. Oscuro wondered why he attacked him. When Oscuro awoke the next day, he wandered around until he found him.

"Why did you attack me, Nyght?" Oscuro asked.

Nyght attacked Oscuro again and dragged him back into his cave, then disappeared into his cave as well. Feeling that he was left and abandoned, Oscuro tried to figure out why Nyght had attacked him. But whenever he asked, Nyght would attack. Oscuro completely gave up, but Nyght started tracking him and attacking. Feeling there was no other choice, Oscuro started fighting, too. Nyght wouldn't stop the fighting no matter what. The Shadow Walker hatched the next week. Its name was Sombra, and it was a beautiful little girl. Of course, no one saw her, though. She wanted to stop Oscuro and Nyght from fighting. But as Sombra grew her wings, and Oscuro and Nyght grew up, they fought fiercely. Sombra tried to stop them, but she was also fought with for trying. The battle became worse and worse, until other dragons joined in. Clans were formed because of this. They fought all together, which turned into a war. Only no one ever figured out why Nyght had attacked Oscuro.

There is a far away island called Carria Kale. There is a war of three different clans. It is called Forever and a Day. Oscuro leads the Black Moon clan, Nyght is leader of the Night Mist clan, and Sombra is leader of the White Shadow Clan. These are the clans.

Normally there are more than one type of dragon. If a dragon ever meets another of their type, they must bow. It is the law of the island. If they meet a leader of a clan, they must give something to them, like a small colorful rock or a bird feather. If they don't have anything, they must find a flower and go to the leader's clan cave. They must then put the flower in a small rock vase outside each clan cave.

No human has ever laid foot on Carria Kale, but one, and no one has ever seen it. There had only been myths about the island, the human, and the dragons that live there. But no one knows that the myths are true...

A teenage Shadow Walker sits near Mist Lake. A Black Marrow stands near a berry bush near the left wing of the Shadow Walker, and a Vampire is near an apple tree near the right wing of the Shadow Walker. None of them see each other since the lake is always cloaked in mist. Suddenly a black object appears, so large that it is visible to all three dragons, and the Black Marrow hides in the bush. The Vampire flies into the tree, but the Shadow Walker doesn't move. The Shadow Walker just stares at the lake. The black object was shaped like a human. It moved closer to the Shadow Walker.

"People say light is everywhere..." it whispered, "so how about in the shadows?"

The object went silent. It seemed to turn around and walk away.

What does that mean? Oscuro, Nyght and Sombra thought together.

~Plot~

On a far away misty island, you wander. You were hiding near the Shadow Walker when the human appeared and you caught every word. You had seen the Black Marrow and the Vampire listening too, although they disappeared. The three Halloween dragons are now trying to find out what that means. So what about you? Are you going to join a clan and help, or go off on your own? The choice is yours. And remember, no matter what, death will happen.

Extra Info

There are three Halloween dragons: Shadow Walkers, Black Marrows, and Vampires. Each has a clan. The Vampire's clan is called 'Night Mist.' The Black Marrow's is called 'Black Moon.' And last but not least, the Shadow Walker's is called 'White Shadow.' Any dragon can join any clan, but the Halloween dragons can only join the clan that holds their kind (Shadow Walkers in 'White Shadow,' Vampires in 'Night Mist,' Black Marrows in 'Black Moon'). The dragons are in war, and each dragon has a different reason to make a clan. White Shadow: To protect others and stop this war, along with figuring out what 'People say light is everywhere... so how about in the shadows?' means. Night Mist: Find out what 'People say light is everywhere... so how about in the shadows?' means, along with defeating the other clans and protecting some dragons. Black Moon: Defeat the other clans, defeat the humans, find out what 'People say light is everywhere... so how about in the shadows?' means, and rule the world. And you can be ANY dragon.

What the island is/looks like

user posted image

Kaayshia Forest- A large, beautiful forest filled with animals and plant life.

Black Death Forest- A large, silent and dark forest filled with dead plants and skulls.

Sacria River- A river filled with fish that leads out into the Sacria Ocean.

Sacria Ocean- The ocean surrounding the island.

Mist Lake- A lake surrounded in mist, the exact place Sombra and the human met.

White Shadow- Sombra's clan cave.

Black moon- Oscuro's clan cave.

Night Mist- Nyght's clan cave.

-~Rules~-

1)No God Modding or Powerplaying.

2)At LEAST 4 sentences long. Any more then that is fine.

3)Your limit is 8. And no killing other people's characters without asking. You may kill your own, but tell me the post first. I may approve.

4)You may be a good or bad dragon.

5)No text language!

6)Put 'Ladies first!' in the 'other.'

7)NO Mary-sue/Gary-stu!

8)Dragon Cave dragons only.

9)In 'other,' also put 'good' if your dragon isn't even a bit of evil, 'both' if your dragon is evil and good, and 'evil' if your dragon is pure evil. Please put the words like they are.

10)You can only shotgun for one page! THEN NO SHOTGUNNING UNTIL I POST!

11)Also, the DC forum rules apply.

I can and will change the rules, so look on here for updates.

~-Form-~

Username:
Name:
Age(Mature, hatchling, egg, adult, ect.) :
Powers:
Looks:
History:
Clan or loner(What clan?) :
Other:

Red List

(The people who broke small rules three times, not allowed to post for a while.)

None, let's keep it that way!

Black List

(The people who broke a big rule, not allowed to join again. Ever.)

None, let's keep it that way!

Shadow Cats

Shadow Cats are intelligent cats made of shadows. The adults are 6 feet tall, mature ones are 4 feet tall, children are 2 feet. They can make wings, spiked tails, two extra feet, and fog out of any type of shadow. Each has a special ability. They can stand light and if you took the shadows off of them, they're dark gray giant cats. The shadows can be any color. There are three clans; Each tends to help one clan of their choice.

Clan Shadowlurker(White Shadows)

Luces

Clan Blackmoon(Black Moon)

Fuego

Clan Darkblood(Night Mist)

Espanto

Loners

Thresh

Shadow Cats can also talk in any language, shift into other animals, and do simple spells that have something to do with darkness, or the moon. Or stars.

BE WARNED! They are really good at convincing and mind washing... Using only words.

Vernero('Them')

Poisonous deadly creatures. They have a dragon's head with twisting, sharp and long horns that bend backwards, gray scales, and black eyes. Their teeth are sharper then a Vampire's, and they have two rows of them. Their tongue is like a snakes, but it's purple. Their body looks like a cat's, with gray fur that matches the color of their scales. The fur is really fluffy and sometimes has purple tips. They have wolf legs and paws, only the claws are sharper and longer. The fur is slightly darker then the body's, and the claws are black. The tail is of a snake's, with brighter scales then the rest of the body. It's bigger then a full grown dragon, and is immune to poison. They can poison a creature by lightly tapping it if they want to, and are loyal to those who help them. Some have three dragon heads, all with long necks. But most have one. Some also have bat wings.

The ones who have befriended one(ONE PER USER):

Dulcamara(The one in the Human Cave, one head, hidden bat wings)

Ask in the OoC for permission to have your dragon as a friend to one- One dragon per Vernero.

Edited by seacatsmew

Ooh this looks interesting happy.gif though, it doesn't seem to have a plot, so I would think twice before joining this RP. I love the names you gave for the different clans. But the "Light in Dark" sounds a bit awkward in my opinion >_<

Questions,

1. Any dragon species is allowed right?

2. What are the purposes for each of the clans?

3. Are they at war with one another?

There are three Halloween dragons: a Shadow Walker, a Black Marrow, and a Vampire. Each has a clan

If there are more Shadow Walkers, Black Marrows, and Vampires, the a be replaced with the and add an s to the end of the name.

Just thought I'd pop in and say that your plot is very, very vauge. The whole thing is vauge actually. Try the give more dtail and information on what's going on. Who's the "bad guy' (if there is one) or the problem? What is the island like? Can you only be halloween dragons?

You need a lot more info before I (or any other approver) can give much critique. :3

Edited. Now, does anyone else have something they want to add?

Edited by seacatsmew

It was misty, but she heard very well.

It was misty... but she couldn't hear well? Do you mean see well? You can hear fine through mist. tongue.gif

"People say light is everywhere..so how about in the shadow?"

There should be three .'s

A space is needed after the ...'s

shadow should be plural

What does that mean? She thinks

She does not need to be capitalized

You were hiding near the Shadow Walker when the human appeared, and you caught every word.

No comma

..{There are three Halloween dragons: Shadow Walkers, Black Marrows, and Vampires. Each has a clan. The Vampire's clan is called 'Night Mist', the Black Marrow's is called 'Black Moon', the Shadow Walker's is called 'White Shadow'. Any dragon can join any clan. The dragons are in war, and each dragon has a different reason to make a clan. White Shadow: To protect others and stop this war, along with figuring out what 'People say light is everywhere..so how about in the shadow?' means. Night Mist: Find out what 'People say light is everywhere..so how about in the shadow?' means, along with defeating the other clans and protecting some dragons. Black Moon: Defeat the other clans, defeat the humans, find out what 'People say light is everywhere..so how about in the shadow?' means, and rule the world. And you can be ANY dragon.}..

Why are there {}'s and ..'s? They aren't needed unless you want them.

Any dragon can join any clan.

Any species of dragon can join any Clan? Can Vampires join the Shadow Walker's clan, etc.? Please clarify.

~-Form-~

Username:

Name:

Age(Mature, hatchling, egg, adult, ect.) :

Type of Dragon:

Powers:

Looks:

History:

Clan or loner(What clan?) :

Other:

You may want to code this. Put: [*code] [/code] around the text, but remove the *'s

ok. Thanks for helping everyone! I also gotta finish my photo of the island..

Finished the photo. Now, just need to wait for the mod.

Edited by seacatsmew

Hi there, let me sit down and critique your roleplay a bit. =) Please excuse me as it has been a while since I've approved. x3

Let's start off with the history. I'll do this section by section with you, and see what we can get.

-History-

In a far away island, a mature Shadow Walker sits. It was misty, but she could see very well. She heard light footsteps. She looks up, only to see a human arrive. She growls, and the human backs away. The human says one thing before disappearing into the mist. "People say light is everywhere... so how about in the shadows?" The Shadow walker sits, unseen and confused. What does that mean? she thinks.

In the content of the history, you mention the shadow walker, but the history should also include the other Halloween dragons, since they seem vital to the roleplay. There is no mention of these dragons anywhere in here.

In that one paragraph, you seem to have too many things going on. You talk about a far away land, and then you talk about the shadow walker. From there you talk about the mist, and how she can see, and then a human approaching... It's all a bit much to put into one paragraph. Try separating those lines up, and make sure that it's easily readable. Everything in one paragraph should relate. A paragraph is an new idea. Think of a sentence as a thought.

But the best thing that I can recommend to your history is to try to add a bit more to it. Here are some suggestions, they don't have to be followed, but they should give you ideas:

+ What is this Island?

+ Is there any lore about the island?

+ Is there any lore about light and darkness?

+ How about you describe the island a bit.

+ You mention a war later down, that should all be mentioned here!

+ What brought them to war?

+ Are there more than one of each species of dragons?

+ What are the consequences of said war?

+ Talk about the clans.

These are just ideas, but it would help make your history so much fuller and easier to understand.

After you add a bit here, I'll keep working on the history with you. If you have any questions, please ask!

Okay, approved! Have fun roleplaying.

((Okay. Should we start the role play yet?))

Edited by seacatsmew

((Agreed.))

Sombra was watching Mystness's egg, wondering if and when it would hatch. She gave up after a while and walked towards the cave's entrance. Sombra sat down, watching the Sacria River for Oscuro and Nyght.

Oscuro had been hunting with no luck. He growled and walked into his cave. Just then, he saw a deer near Mist Lake. He ran over silently, grabbed it, and dragged it to his cave. After a while, it gave up fighting. He then began eating.

Nyght sat in his cave, staying silent. His tail was curled up around him, and his black eyes were watching the entrance. The Vampire was waiting for something.

Hysteria watched as Sombra went to the opening of the cave. She stretched out her wings. She took a little leap. Boy, this is harder than everyone else says. she thought, looking behind her. Hysteria walked over to Sombra. "Your waiting for them, right?" she asked, sitting next to the leader. She sighed. "Why don't you just go to them yourself?" she closed her eyes. She had never really met a real Black Marrow or vampire. "Well, I'll leave you to think on your own." Hysteria got up and took a little leap out of the cave, attempting to fly again. She sighed, mumbling, " Maybe a tree." she did climb a tree. Hysteria looked down below her. She did a hop, then jumped off. There was no wind to glide on, so she just fell in a pile of leaves she made just in case that had happened. Hysteria poked her head out of the pile, with leaves on her head. She sighed and shook her head. The leaves came off.

Edited by girlfairy76

Sombra stayed silent. She watched Hysteria as she tried flying. "You know, I could help you," she said.

Mystness curled up inside her egg. Dark, she thought. She shook slightly, creating a small crack.

"Really?" Hysteria asked, shaking off the leaves. "Everyone else says its so easy. But its so hard for me." she said, her head slightly drooping. i can't be a flightless Shadow Walker! she thought. She had never seen a flightless Shadow Walker, anyway.

Sombra laughed slightly. "For them, yes. For Shadow Walkers, not so much!" Sombra sat down. "The easiest place for a Shadow Walker to fly is in the shadows," she said. Well, at least the two other clans haven't attacked us yet, she thought. Sombra shook her head slightly to get rid of that thought.

Tenebrae was watching Oscuro's cave for any sign of movement.

Hysteria shifted uneasily as she went under the shade of the tree. "Like this shadow?" she asked. She wasn't like most Shadow Walkers; Hysteria didn't like the dark. It may seem weird, but she didn't at all. Hysteria flapped her wings, and lifted up a little. Except she dropped the second after.