Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Beware of Them." Dulcamara said. He then darted away, sensing another creature; A Tiger Bear. He went to the Human Cave and watched it; One of Them lived in there. He stayed silent so he wouldn't wake it. Then he called softly to it. Only a few could do this, and he was one of the few; He had helped one once so they would not hurt him.

((He's talking about a real creature no one says the name of...

One that I'm adding info about.))

[i can see Shade as befriending one of these things for 'Benifits in the case of doubt,' as he would put it.]

Teiren rolled her eyes and crawled deeper into the cave. She curled up and dozed, keeping her ears alert for any sign of noise. Nothing.

Shade flew back to the cave. There goes one of those things. He had a few more of these 'traps' made to cause mayhem, but they were hard to replace. It took many long hors of precise cutting and carving. Not to mention the other things he needed, such as an animal skin that he had to stretch and dry without it ripping, a hard buisness for a dragon. He decided to go see how White Shadow dealt with one of these 'Gifts' of his. Picking up another bundle, Shade slipped back into the darkness, becoming invisible once more, his destination fast approaching.

[Not much. Teiren became a loner half-vampire, shadow-cats Tiger bears and 'Them' were introduced, Shade is deciding to lay traps for the other clans. That's just about it.]

Tenebrae woke up and sat up on the roof.

A large dragon head poked out of the cave and looked down at Dulcamara, who had his head down. You shouldn't look one in the eye until they let you. "Dulca. Come in, you may look me in the eye," It hissed. The dragon walked inside and It watched him as he sat down in front of the back wall. "There has been another half-vampire entering. I think we may need to test her to see if she's fit to stay," he hissed. The Creature looked him in the eye. "Only if you know what gender I am," It said. Dulcamara blinked. Is this a joke? he thought but answered anyway. "You are a male," he replied. The Vernero blinked. "Good... Now, I shall head over there... Just show me where she is." The two walked out of the cave and the creatures of the forest fell silent when they saw one of Them.

Hysteria went out of the cave, just to look around. She had heard of some evil things now, and she wanted to slay them.

Sombra had fallen asleep and Tenebrae was being a lookout. He watched Hysteria. "What are you doing?" he asked.

" I'm slaying those shadow cats." Hysteria said proudly. " We cant have their kind here!" She added, looking at him.

Tenebrae blinked. "No, let them be! Some help our clan, and if you slay them, you'll be turning against us," he said.

" Wel...what about 'Them'? Can i slay those things?" Hysteria asked Tenebrae, eyeing him curiously. Or were THOSE allies too? Everything was allies with thw White Shadow. Except those othr groups...

Teiren sat up, instantly alert. There was something out there. Something big. The forest was silent. It was a predator. Otherwise the birds would still be singing. No, this was an unnatural silence like no other she had experienced. It seemed that even the trees had stopped growing. Teiren got up, and took a defensive position, ready to attack anything that might be out there. Her wings were partially spread, ready to take to the skies in the possibility of an unfair fight. Her flying abilities would make that a much more even battle, especially if whatever it was was flightless.

Come on. Show yourself, she mentally thought to herself.

Edited by IceFyr1928

Tenebrae's eyes widened. "Those not even a whole clan can take down unless they get the advantage of surprise! Don't fight them unless you want to end your life," he said.

Dulcamara and It were getting closer to Teiren's cave.

((I'm naming the It in the human cave Venom.))

" We'll what can I do! I don't want to wait!" Hysteria growled, impatient as hatchlings were. She wanted to bolt off and find something, something that would make her IMPORTANT. And no one would let that happen.

"Well, there is ONE thing... I was planning to use traps to bug the other clans. Wanna help?" Tenebrae asked.

Hysteria's eyes soarkled. " Yes!!! I wanna help!" She squealed. " How do you make traps, though?" She asked Tenebrae. She usually would just wander around or go to the Shadow World in her free time.

Tenebrae glided down. "I was planning on two... A pit, and then a trap that sends the dragon to the pit. Sure, it'll be easy for them to get out, but that's why the entrance would be small, so they can't get out as easily!" he said.

Dulca stopped. "Right through here," he said. Venom saw a dragon and walked out, his eyes locking onto the dragon. He lifted into the air, then landed on the cave, making it shake. Dulcamara hid.

" Cool! But why do we need to set them up? Are the other clans bothering us or something? I thought they dont come here." Hysteria said. " Oh well. Im making the pit! Is there some way that we can make the entrance big, and when something falls through the entrance gets smaller?" She asked Tenebrae.

Teiren growled. Whatever it was, it was close. Suddenly, a large, dragon-esque beast burst oh of the forest and landed in her cave. She hissed, baring her fangs.

"What do you want? This cave was unmarked before I arrived, so it isn't your's. this isn't your territory. I'd have known. A hulking beast like you, thinking that you own the forest because you're the biggest thing here... Ha!" she said. She doubted the thing would fall for the 'Spread your wings to appear bigger' trick, but it was worth a try. She spread her large wings, and they spanned the small cave.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Shyk awoke finally. It was later in the day than he'd expected. He'd actually slept in. Well, He noticed that Hysteria and Tenebrae were talking, so he decided he'd go see what it was about. He walked out of the cave, stretched, and jokingly said, "What have you two done this time?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Shade frowned. Dawn was approaching. He was beginning to fade back into visibility.

God damn it! Guess I'll just have to do it later tonight... he thought as he turned around and took to the skies, returning to his clan's cave to catch up on his sleep.

Edited by IceFyr1928

Tenebrae nodded. "Yeah, but we'll have to find Luces, the Shadow Cat for this clan. She can move the shadows for us and make the dirt close in where the shadows were. All Shadow Cats can," he said. The Shadow Cat appeared on the roof. "You called?" she asked. Tenebrae fell silent when Shyk walked out. "Nothing," he said. Luces watched, laying down on the roof. The shadows around her shifted so that she was in a shadow.

Venom blinked slowly, then spread his wings. He jumped from the roof, making the ground shake. He turned towards the dragon, purple dots appearing on his scales, and 'smiled.' Poison dripped down his fangs. I'm not the biggest. The others who are also Them walk through this forest, bigger. I am small for one of Them. But yet, I am still taller. Dragons. They think they rule this island. But We were here before any of you tiny winged creatures came! Us and the Shadow Cats had formed clans. When your type came, the Shadow Cats adapted. They joined you, leaving Us. And our clans split, so now we roam the forests. And here you are, thinking that I'm just a giant, non-deadly creature! Thinking you can scare me by looking bigger! I WILL SHOW YOU! He roared, animals fleeing. Venom's tail slammed onto the ground, the grass dying around it. Dulca blinked. That must be why the Black Death Forest is how it is. The poison from Them, he thought, not completely sure.

((Venom has a very short temper. But he's only 10,000 years old... And the dragons came there 9,000 years ago... When he was only 1,000...))

Teiren faltered slightly, but quickly regained her composure.

"I said nothing about you being harmless," she growled. "I simply fight until the end, no matter if it be right now, or in a thousand years. It would be wrong to say that I am unafraid, but I will not give in that easily..." She dug her claws into the earthy cave floor, trying to think of a way to escape should this thing attack.

Venom's claws dug into the ground, ripping a piece out. There was a hole now there. His tail was moving side-to-side, and growled. Poison suddenly fell to the ground all around him, the plants and animals dying where the poison touched. His wings folded and he stopped smiling, showing no emotion. His tail still moved, but otherwise, he was still, watching the dragon. His wings folded, disappearing. He said nothing but watched the dragon, stepping back a bit.

" Oh, so we can trust that one? I'll try to remember, but they all look alike." Hysteria said. " So...." Hysteria started digging a small shallow hole in the ground. " It stinks!" She complained.

Teiren stood her ground, not moving. This opponent appeared to be sort of indecisive, and she couldn't count on him reacting nicely to her trying something.

" But it's small! I'll never make it too big." Hysteria hung her head low, still digging. " Are you sure this will work?" She asked Tenebrae. " Ya know, why would any enemy clan even come to our part?" She asked. " It doesn't make much sense...."