Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Yeah, the forest that seems completely dead.))

Estrella's star birthmark glowed. The fire burned brighter. She looked up at the sky and screeched enough for the whole island to hear. She looked down again, though the glowing was dying down. Suddenly a flash of golden light made it so nothing could be seen in the forest. "Be gone from my cave and don't come back," Estrella screeched. When the light disappeared, Estrella was nowhere to be found, and fire was the only thing you could sense. Of course, Estrella was hiding deep within her cave, and had used fire to disguise herself. And the light was just because of the fire and glowing. Whenever she de-activated them both at once, it lit up brightly. She stayed silent, though.

Fearyn drew her head back in suprise, but a hatchling's curiousity overtook her fear. She screeched, flapping her wings and snorting another flame.

"Who are you?" She asked, using her wings to help her up the limb of a tree and curling her tail around it, squinting her eyes against the light.

She bobbed her head in excitement, but didn't dare enter the she-dragons lair. She knew her boundaries, and didn't want to try to cross any. Snapping her jaws, Fearyn grew even more restless.

"Estrella. Who are YOU?" she said. She had patience, and was determined to get this dragon away from her cave.

I'm Fearyn. Now answer my question. She squealed, her nostrils flaring in anticipation. She hadn't seen another Black Marrow since her siblings died a while back.

"I did!" Estrella hissed. A flame lit up the whole cave then disappeared, almost like Estrella was a spirit lighting up the cave with annoyance. 'I am Estrella!" she shrieked.

Fearyn ducked her head low to the branch, pressing her belly against it. She hissed.

Estrella? She closed her eyes shut, but wouldn't let go of her tight grip on the limb.

Why are you so angry? I'm a hatchling, not an adult; I could not do you much harm! Shreiked the she-dragon, letting a flare of orange flames escaped between her slightly opened maw. The smoke curled around her muzzle and up over her head, like a black snake.

I apologize for my chellenge. Now I only seek the company of another marrow.

(Sorry, been gone for a bit.)

Teiren

Teiren walked a bit closer to the cave.

"I-it's hard to explain...I- no." Teiren said. She felt guilty that she was even out here. To think how Oscuro would feel...

"I want you to make me half vampire. Just promise me this. That no matter what, my eggs remain untouched, by you, or anyone else in this clan...the consequences are severe if they are..." Teiren said, gathering her self confidence. It wouldn't be good to look like a weakling in front of one of her childhood enemies.

Teiren tossed the red river-rock that she had found into the cave, and entered stealthily, avoiding the sleeping shapes of dragons. She approached Nyght, and sat in front of him. As she looked upon him, she felt cold. A sense of betrayal filled her gut, and she hung her head. Hopefully, nobody would notice the difference, seeing as she already had the slender frame, but fangs were harder. All of this rushed through her mind as she waited for the imminent bite to her neck.

"I can only make you half-vampire with my blood," Nyght said. He stood up and took the rock, putting it in his bed. "Are you sure you'd like to do this?" he asked.

The light inside the cave disappeared at once. Estrella walked out into the open of the cave. "Then you may come in," she said calmly, looking at the stars of the hatchling's heart.

Fearyn opened her eyes and raised her narrow snout in disbelief. She took a good look at the she-dragon. So that's what Fearyn'd look like when she grew up! She srambled off her place in the tree, hitting the ground a bit awkwardly in her haste.

Are you one of those clan dragons? She asked, folding her wings neatly at her sides as she approached Estrella.

Teiren

"I- Yes. I'm sure." Teiren said. She looked back up, slightly glad that she didn't have to get bitten. She nodded, and stood.

"Well then, we should get this over with." She said, standing up. "Sorry If this hurts..."

Teiren reached out with her head, and nicked Nyght with her tooth. She regarded the black blood with slight disgust, but licked it up all the same.

The change was instantaneous. Teiren fell to the floor in agony. She felt her body changing, becoming thinner and stockier. Her teeth sharpened, and her fangs grew much longer, and hollowed. As she stopped changing, Teiren was able to slow her shaking, and was eventually able to stand.

"Thank you. Speak of this to no one." Teiren said. She launched herself into the sky, heading back to her clan's cave. Her betrayal weighed heavily on her mind, but she knew that this was the right choice.

" He'savampire?Noway!" Hysteria started to take deep breaths. " Okay, who half-vampire? That loner?" She peered at Tenebrae. " Looks like a normal Shadow Walker to ME." She replied. The mature hatchling looked at Sombra.

Edited by girlfairy76

Tenebrae looked at Hysteria, shocked. "Me? A half-vampire? No way!" he said. Sombra laughed. "No, Tenebrae's your average Shadow Walker. I mean a originally White dragon," she said.

Nyght nodded and curled up again. He fell asleep instantly.

"Of course not. I'm a loner who lives in this forest," Estrella replied. She scanned the star, blinking as they seemed dimmer than your average dragons. Must be because this hatchling was a loner by the looks of it. Estrella lit the fire pit with a golden fire. "What about you? Or are your heart's stars-" She stopped herself. "I mean, are you a loner or a clan dragon?"

[Timejump anyone?]

Shyk

Shyk touched down in front of the cave, and noticed that Hysteria was being hyperactive again. He slunk past all of the younger dragons, and fell asleep for the night.

Teiren

Teiren landed just outside of her cave, and walked in. She crept over to a clear area, and fell asleep, unnoticed. She dreamed of a time in her past. She was a hatchling then. She was in her nest, guarded over by her mother. Her mother was away hunting when the Black Marrow invaded. He killed two of her nest-mates, and then Mother had arrived. She had hated the race since then, and now had a way to get back at them.

Edited by IceFyr1928

((Nah, not yet.))

Tenebrae watched Shyk until he couldn't see him. He curled up again and fell asleep.

Fearyn thumped her tail on the ground. She looked odd; she was at the age where the bones were starting to peek through her flesh, as was normal with marrows.

I'm a loner, ma'am. She replied, tipping her head at the she-dragons aburt change of words, but she didn't question Estrella.

Estrella looked down at her claws/paws, secretly looking at the stars of her own heart. They were brighter then a normal loner's, but duller then a normal clan dragon's. She looked up at the loner hatchling. "Would you like some food?" she asked.

Fearyn looked up hopefully, nodding her head. Oh, really!? If I could that would be great! She exclaimed, the mention of food reminding her of her hunger. Being a loner hatchling wasn't very easy. She usually preyed on insects, and if she was quick enough, a mouse of bird. No one was around to teach her to hunt.

Estrella ran into a different room. She pulled a deer out to the front and placed it beside the hatchling. "Here," she said, walking back to her side of the fire.

Shade was walking through the Black Death forest when a bright light flashed nearby. He cringed, as he detested light, but decided to approach. When he came close enough, he saw two Black Marrows, who entered a cave. Shade put on his night-cloak, and approached silently. He saw them interchange a few words, and the larger of the two got a deer. Shade walked in to the cave, and crept along the wall, but a fleeting shadow on the wall to anyone else.

He walked to the back of the cave, which was a bit too bright for him. He showed himself, and opened his wings.

"Greetings, ladies... Wonderful, dark night tonight..." Shade said in his naturally demonic voice. He pawed the ground, his stomach slightly growling.

"Mind if I have some of that? Prey is kinda scarce lately." He said. If he could help it, neither of these loners would recognize him, and he'd have some more bones for his collection...

Estrella looked at Shade. The light was bright enough to see him, and she could see the stars of his heart. They told her enough to know which dragon was which. She lit up with fire again, the golden stuff. "Return to your clan, Cavern Lurker!" she hissed, standing up and spreading her wings, causing a bright light to cover every wall.

Shade hissed in pain and blocked his face with his wings.

"There's no call for that! I just wanted a bit of food! No need to blind a guy!" Shade yelled. His eyes stung and he felt slightly nauseated. He withdrew to the farthest end of the cave, cringing against the light. Were this light not so pervasive, he would have hidden himself in the shadows.

Who would have guessed that a Loner would be able to overpower me! Then again, I'm the idiot that came in here after seeing that light... Shade thought as he tried his best to hide himself from this bright light.

Steel sighed as Helium refused to get up. "I'll hunt first, then." He flew off, then landed on the tree, looking around.

Nightstar scanned the area. "We should go check if there is any other pesky dragons lurking around."

[[Hey, where are you guys, anyways?]]

Suddenly, Mystery let out a long, piercing howling sound.

---

Loveless walked closer into Blackmoon territory. She didn't bother to look around for any other dragons or to keep quiet.

---

Aquos settled down for a nap on another pile of leaves.

((I kinda lost track of where all the loners are))

"Be my guest, Steel," said Helium. He then proceeded to suck in some air, allowing him to float. "Might be a good time for some exercise," he commented, stretching his wings. He lazily hovered around, using his wings to propel himself around in circles.