Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shade's tail whipped from side to side as he eyed Nightstar warily. He shrugged at Steel, then looked at Helium and muttered, "I'd just like to know what on earth is going on. You can leave, I'm staying."

"I'M staying." Steel growled. He glared at Nightstar. "What do you want from us?"

Nightstar met Steel's glare steadily. A snarl came to Nightstar's face. "Nothing," he growled.

((helium lives somewhat close to Nyx's cave.))

Helium looked up from his yummy food at the two newcomers, then looked back down. "Want some?" he asked carelessly.

Nyx walked into her cave to see some dragons in it. She growled at them and walked over to Arcelia. "Who are they?!" she asked. She took a rabbit and started nibbling on it.

Helium looked up again. Suddenly, he realized several things: 1. His food was getting cold. 2. Steel had just rolled his eyes at him. 3. Everyone seemed to be participating in a glaring competition. 4. HE HAD JUST OFFERED FOOD TO THAT CRAZY NEBULA GUY! He decided to do the sensible thing: glare back at Nightstar.

((Sorry.))

"Nightstar, did you make the meteor, and if yes, why? I'd like to know so I don't get crushed horribly by falling fiery rocks." Shade settled back, now only cautious instead of hostile.

Nightstar smiled. "I prefer the harsh way," Nightstar growled. "But yes.Blame that Golden Wyvern hatchling. Tried to destroy her,first by a void. That plan backfired, so then it was a meteorite." Nightstar flicked his tail irritably. "This place needs more excitement once in a while."

Mystery flew to helium and ate the rest of his food.

((I don't really know what to do...))

Shade jerked back, startled. "You tried to kill a hatchling? For what?"

He didn't like the nebula already. Unstable and definitely somewhat insane, careless for others' lives. And able to control void and meteors meant he was very dangerous.

Nightstar flicked his tail with amusement at Shade's confusion. "Oh, I wasn't trying to kill her.At least not in the first place." His eyes became as cold as the night as he met Shade's eyes. "But grudges run deep." A snarl came to Nightstar's face. "You understand that, do you?"

EDIT:Wanted to change Nightstar's phrase.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

Steel looked at Mystery. He turned to Helium. "That's alright. We can always get some more meat."

Edited by ChocoBrownie

"Yay," he said unenthusiastically, still mad at that ice dragon for eating his food. Then, he continued glaring at Nightstar. There wasn't really anything better to do, anyways.

"I don't hold grudges," Shade bit back. Then he paused. "You said you used a void. It wouldn't have been near the lake as well, would it?"

"Oh, that's too bad. Grudges are powerful things." Nightstar flicked his tail dismissively. "The void was close to the lake, yes.But then it was stopped by some Shadow Walkers..."

"Thank goodness, too," interrupted Helium. "Who knows what would have happened if it swallowed up the island!" He was getting tired of glaring at Nightstar and settled down in a more comfortable position, facing up to look at the stars.

Edited by greenglassesgal

Shade nodded at Helium's words, his mind going back to the Shadow Walker he had seen at the lake. Twice he had barely escaped destruction by this mad nebula who he had just met.

((yeah I have no idea where to go from here either))

((I remember, but I haven't found a good place to talk about it. Maybe I'll make Icefire suggest it. Plus, Nyx has finally spoken up, so...))

Icefire looked at Nyx. "Oh, they just randomly arrived here. They don't seem to be much of a threat." Then she noticed the tsunami wyvern's pendant. "Hey, have any of you wondered if there is light in the shadows?" she asked randomly.

((You're waiting for me? What's going on? Does it have something to do with my characters?))

((Yes, your Pumpkin Pygmy. Or whatever it is.))

(( The same people here chat over and over too much. Maybe you could atleast wait?))

Hysteria poked her head out of a bush. Nerarbye, she saw a tsunami with a pendant and some other dragons.Maybe I should take it and giveit to Sombra? she was too slow, as the pendant had swung out of view. The shadow walker quickly faded into shadows where she wouldnt be seen by anyone else, except other shadow walkers. She crept up to the group, staying next to the tsunami for when the pendant came back into sight.

Nyx nodded at Icefire, but then heard something and looked around. She saw another Shadow Walker hiding in the shadows. "Well, could my den get ANY more crowded! Show yourself Shadow Walker, I can see you, considering I am one!" Nyx exclaimed.