Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nightstar shook his head, growling in annoyance shooting the Golden Wyvern a harsh, cold glance. Then he turned away and looked down at Icefire. He could kill her, right here, right now. Instead, Nightstar just lied down to rest.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

((Sorry I do admit I went a little overboard, was on a rampage xd.png but I didn't really say I caused much damage, I said that I intended to rip away the scales and could feel my talons scratching them not ripping them off))

((It's okay, I was a bit harsh as well. But scratching them is still kind of powerplaying, just be careful in the future. Say aimed to or tried to))

Mystery flew off. She decided that she wanted to get used to her new wings. She was a mature hatchling now and enjoyed the feel of the air rushing past her.

((Since Icefire is a mix of breeds I don't really know what to call her so i will just say the ice wyvern??))

Arcelia looked over her shoulder to see if Nyx was following, but instead she saw the ice wyvern from before, in the middle of the clearing, unconscious. As much as she disliked the dragon, she could not let it stay there all night, plus it's injuries were pretty bad, and it needed food. Arcelia looked around and saw a spot in the rocky crag here a cave yawned open. She decided that this must be Nyx's den and that she would take the other dragon there for safe keeping. Slowly she made her way back to the ice wyvern and prodded it. Yep, unconscious, she thought to herself. She grasped the other dragon's neck lightly in her jaws and began to drag it to the den. It took most of her energy to get it there, what with her own injuries, but when she finally did get there she went right back out. After a battle like that, and the commotion earlier, they would most definitely need to eat. Slowly she crept past the nebula and into the forest. She stopped instantly to listen for the sounds of prey. She heard a few voles scampering through the underbrush, and a couple of larger rabbits, but what really caught her attention was a small group of deer. Almost silently she crept forward, both her eyesight, and hearing was fully extended. She caught a glimpse of the deer and instantly picked out the one she wanted, an plump, old doe. In a flash Arcelia jumped out, using her good arm and landed on the deer's back. As the others ran screaming she sunk her fangs into the base of the deer's skull, killing it instantly. When dragging it back she happened across two rabbits and a vole, all of which she caught. Very slowly she made her way back to the cave. She pushed the prey into a corner, near where she had put the ice wyvern, and ripped off a deer leg for herself. She sat just inside the cave, picking apart the leg and trying not to doze too much, in case he nebula were to attack again.

Icefire slowly opened her eyes. Had she fallen unconscious? She jumped up and looked around. She was in an unknown cave There was a small pile of prey in one corner, while the golden wyvern was standing in the middle of it. She figured that the wyvern must have taken her here after she collapsed. "Thank you," she said quietly, knowing that the golden wyvern was awake.

Arcelia looked up from her meal, which was more or less a single bone, when the ice wyvern spoke. She trudged back over to the pile of kill and grabbed a whole rabbit. Through a mouthful of fur she said, 'Yes, well, I could not leave you out there all night. Feel free to take some of the food, but leave some for the shadow walker.' She went to turn away again but then decided that maybe she would eat with this dragon. She laid down on her belly, stretching out her one wing arm and tearing apart the rabbit with the other. She looked expectantly at the other dragon, waiting for them to say something.

Nightstar's gaze followed the Golden Wyvern. He was amazed that after that battle, where the dragons traded harsh glances and mental thoughts, she still helped Icefire. That's when Nightstar realised that he was very tired; the void, meteor, now this. And where did all that energy all come from...? Nightstar was too tired to think about that. Instead, his eyes reached up to the sky, where many stars where sparkling deep within. Stargazing. It was what Nightstar enjoyed. If he wasn't so tired. Nightstar kept himself amused by searching the skies, looking for patterns of stars.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

((I'm sorry, I'd like to join in, but I have no idea where the dragons currently are. What part of the island is Arcelia's cave in?))

"Dont mind if i do then." Icefire selected a vole and dug in to it hungrily. She looked up at the golden wyvern. "Oh yes! I don't even know your name yet! I'm Icefire!"

Arcelia watched as the dragon plucked a vole from the pile and began to eat it. She swallowed a bite of rabbit, before answering, 'Icefire, eh? Seems like it fits you well. My name is Arcelia. Not that I think we should share life stores or anything, but what is with you? Are you with a clan?' Arcelia continued to bite into the last scraps of her rabbit. She glanced over her shoulder to see if Nyx had arrived yet, but she hadn't. Arcelia did see the nebula outside though, looking thoughtfully at the stars, and uncharacteristically thought about throwing him food. Arcelia scoffed at herself and quickly pushed the thought out of her head, returning her gaze to Icefire.

Shade rubbed at his scales irritably. The skies had been filled with activity recently, and not just by dragons. The worst part was when a meteor had torn overhead, one that the stars hadn't even warned of. He'd barely managed to escape in one piece by diving into the lake. Now he was dripping wet, but he'd seen how agitated the other residents of the island were. There was danger about, and he might have to leave his life of solitude to be safe.

Shade set out to find some dragons.

((Probably have some inaccuracies here, I would much appreciate it if anyone tells me more details.))

((Locations? I know where some dragons are.

Sombra, Tenebrae, and a Pumpkin(I think) pygmy(still think) are near the lake, Sombra and Tenebrae trying to shadow seal a black hole. Nyght is nearby, hiding in a bush. Apparently. The Black Marrow whose-name-I-cannot-remember is in his cave. And there are other dragons scattered everywhere; Oh, and the Black Myst pygmy egg hatched and is now stuck in her egg in Sombra's cave.))

Mystery flew though the sky, enjoying the feel of the wind. Suddenly, she made a sharp dive down, pulling up at the last minute. Unfortunately, she wasn't that good at flying and fell onto the ground.

---

Night flew into the sky and saw a bunch of dragons together. She landed some distance away from them.

---

Aquos followed the dragons to the cave and saw Nightstar stargazing. He landed on a rock nearby with a small deer in his jaws.

((Speaking of Stargazing, I went stargazing today.))

Nightstar's concentration snapped as he heard a crash; then saw the Tsunami land near him. Nightstar growled as he looked around, suddenly aware of all the dragons around him. "What?" Nightstar growled at the Tsunami, clearly annoyed.

((Aquos didn't crash))

Aquos flicked his tail in greeting and ate his deer.

Nightstar flicked his tail back in reply, though more in annoyance than a greeting. Nightstar shot cold looks at the Tsunami for disturbing him.

Shade crawled out of the lake and immediately froze, staring at the shadow walker holding an aura of mist and darkness. In the center, he thought he could make out a disc of nothingness that absorbed everything around it. "What... is going on?" he asked quietly.

Nightstar grunted, and, disturbed by the Tsunami, turned and went the other way. After walking for a few seconds, Nightstar found himself directly in front of Nyx's cave.

Arcelia looked over her shoulder to see the nebula. She knew she should have stayed by the entrance to the cave. A quiver of annoyance and tiredness crept through her body and she flicked her tail. She glanced back to Icefire saying 'Oh, another loner. It seems like there is more loners around here than clan dragons.' She laughed a little before sitting up and turning back toward the mouth of the cave. She cocked her head and stared at the nebula with a confused look on her face.

Nightstar blinked in confusion. How did he get over here again? Nightstar shot a quick glance back. "Could it be...?" Nightstar muttered under his breath. Then he looked at the Golden Wyvern hatchling and back at the starry sky. Then without another word Nightstar slipped away.

((CHOCO, HOW YOU GET SILVER?!?!))

Night caught a deer and ate it.

TWB

((Heh heh, not telling. tongue.gif ))

((awww man!))

Icefire stared at the departing nebula. She turned to Arcelia. "Could it be what?" she asked, repeating Nightstar's words.