TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

Finally got my 4th gold shimmering egg. Getting four moonlight eggs was easy. Only one grab-fail which I will abandon tomorrow.

Five of my new eggs already hatched. All are influenced, so that I can go to bed now (is midnight here). Good Night!

Oh no! I've been in the middle of my toughest week at school and in the lab and I JUST noticed there was a new release. UGH.

Well I guess I'll be one of those last minute stragglers trying to get at some eggs! They look gorgeous.

Tried the most recent drop.

Every single egg I clicked was claimed before me. OTL

Man, do I have bad luck with those things. I really want a Shimmer, too! dry.gif

I sure wish you luck, these are kind of hard to get. I just need one more Moonie, which I thought was going to be SO much easier to grab than those darned Shimmers. Got nothin'.

Are they just being dropped at the top of the hour now?

Yeah I know this is NOT going to be an easy catch...but school is more important so I'll just have to be patient this time. *shrug* Hopefully I can at least get a pair of each.

Gah, everything is so beautiful! Thank you for wonderful works of art so far, artists (Sif, Verridith, and Imbecamiel, correct?)!

I wish I wasn't having so much trouble catching a shimmer, but I look forward to my beautiful Moons :]

Thank you again!

Edit: Thank you to ParticleSoup and Naervon too!

Edited by Shijou-san

I don't know if this is helpful, but I've had really good luck using Chrome for the drops (I normally use Firefox).

I caught two of each for myself and two others which I gifted. Chrome seems to load the page faster, at least on my computer.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing TJ's adults tomorrow too!

Gah, everything is so beautiful! Thank you for wonderful works of art so far, artists (Sif, Verridith, and Imbecamiel, correct?)!

I wish I wasn't having so much trouble catching a shimmer, but I look forward to my beautiful Moons :]

Thank you again!

Correct on the artists, +ParticleSoup on the Moon's adult, I do believe.

Glad you're liking them, and I hope you like the adults too! ^^

Are they just being dropped at the top of the hour now?

Yeah I know this is NOT going to be an easy catch...but school is more important so I'll just have to be patient this time. *shrug* Hopefully I can at least get a pair of each.

They still drop at the 5 minute marks when the cave isn't blocked by the AP. AP blocking always comes back gradually so, even though the AP is full now, sometimes it's blocked and sometimes it's not. The 5 minute drops are short (some seem to be just one or two eggs), go very quickly, and aren't guaranteed to include any of the new eggs.

Correct on the artists, +ParticleSoup on the Moon's adult, I do believe.

Glad you're liking them, and I hope you like the adults too! ^^

Yup, ParticleSoup helped with the male's markings. And Naervon did the original concept sketches. (Though sadly, I believe she's been inactive from both forums and cave for well over a year, and hasn't replied to my emails or PMs for months, so I doubt she's even likely to realize they're out now...)

Actually, though... Naervon should be listed on the hatchers, too, since she drew for them as well. Modified a fair amount in spriting, iirc, as were the adults, but I believe it should be enough for a credits mention. D: I've gotta ask TJ about that, I was sure I'd listed her when they were completed!

Edited by Imbecamiel

I don't know if this is helpful, but I've had really good luck using Chrome for the drops (I normally use Firefox).

I caught two of each for myself and two others which I gifted. Chrome seems to load the page faster, at least on my computer.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing TJ's adults tomorrow too!

I have found this to be helpful, also, and some people have said to turn off images and Java script. Another helpful thing is to turn off programs that eat a lot of resources such as Yahoo Messenger, AIM, Skype, etc. This might include getting Chrome as a browser, as Firefox does use a lot of memory to run. I'd say to turn off antivirus programs too, but well... xd.png Since I was hoping/watching for a release already, I'd also cleaned out all cookies and temp files, and done all my ad/spyware cleaning, and run a registry clean and disk defragment beforehand. You'd be amazed at how much faster things go when you don't have all the junk in the way. Just a little advice for future reference. smile.gif

Someone has probably mentioned this before, but I just realized that in lineage view and in Alternate Custom Sort, the shimmering eggs show their old sprite! It's very pretty smile.gif But the new one is super pretty too. One of the prettiest of all eggs, I think.

Have two spots open now...gonna try to grab more.

A bit laggier than when I was hunting the day of the release, though. And I was running more programs then as well.

Hmmm. A challenge? Very well! SAX-TON HAAAALE! -charges off to biome-

Hmmm. A challenge? Very well! SAX-TON HAAAALE! -charges off to biome-

Now, now. He'll just end up punching all the dragons to death, or turning them into gold. (Not that you'd notice on the shimmering egg, huh? xd.png)

Now, now. He'll just end up punching all the dragons to death, or turning them into gold. (Not that you'd notice on the shimmering egg, huh? xd.png)

Not seeing how either would particularly hurt my chances of grabbing moar new eggies. xd.png

/Medicvoice: I am prepared to do whatever it takes.

Third day of trying and still no gold shimmer, and now the 5 minute drops when theres less competition are blocked by the AP. <sniffle>

I got my Shimmers in the hourly drop, competition for those sometimes two and one spot eggs is too much! My wife traded a 2gen PB Black egg for a Shimmer, so there's always the Trading avenue.

I was close to getting one but "apparently" I was egg locked.

And voila a winter seasonal egg had appeared on my scroll O.o. I still don't know where it came from.

Anyway the eggs are definately becoming less common....

No shimmer or rare in this drop..still, pretty good stuff in there. Two CB Ices, a CB Black and a chicken. Seem to be a lot more rares than usual.

I must say this is how I wish all drops were, it moves fast, there's lots of interesting eggs, less blockers too it seems. I didn't catch any this time around, but it is very pleasant to keep seeing new eggs on every refresh.

Well I managed to get 3 Moonlights and 1 Shimmer egg in my first drop this release. Not too bad...just hope I can get that second Shimmer!