Lyricmaniac

Egg Multiclutches

Yes, but only if the most eggs that could be bred were 2. There are enough eggs that already get abandoned, lets not add even more.

I do not want multi-clutches back for the non-holiday eggs.

It makes sense for the holiday dragons. They produce only once a year, and when 3 out of the 4 auto-abandon, it helps spread some beautiful and sometimes rare dragons to players who don't have the right connections or good-enough dragons to trade for them. I love it for holidays.

But for dragons you are allowed to breed 52 times a year? No thank you. With any luck, it would be the non-metalic offspring of failed attempts to breed long-lineaged, inbred metalics that would multi-clutch and the cave would never be unblocked again.

When DC began, it sounds as though there was a mechanism needed to populate the site. Now? Looking at the AP, it is very nearly over-populated.

When DC began, it sounds as though there was a mechanism needed to populate the site. Now? Looking at the AP, it is very nearly over-populated.

Completely. There weren't nearly enough cave born eggs. I remember when I and a good number of other users would breed every dragon on the scroll every week and abandon almost everything just so the AP would have some eggs for people to raise, and those were gone really fast. Admittedly, scrolls weren't nearly as big as they are now, but that's still a lot of offspring, and the AP was never full, always empty or near so. Multiclutches helped increase the production.

This is, obviously, no longer the case. And this is why multiclutches with regular breeding are no longer desirable.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I think we can all agree that having common multiclutches return would be a bad thing, but everyone's acting like having any chance of a multiclutch at all would somehow destroy the cave. Would a 5% chance of getting two eggs and a 1% chance of getting three eggs really be so devastating? I think it'd be fun to have a little variety every now and then. If you're really concerned, it could even work something like this--

No Trophy: No chance to multiclutch

Bronze Trophy: 1% chance of 2 eggs

Silver Trophy: 3% chance of 2 eggs

Gold Trophy: 5% chance of 2 eggs, 1% chance of 3 eggs

From what I've seen older players tend to breed less often than newer players, because they've witnessed first hand how glutted the AP is and how certain breeds aren't great trade fodder. Thus by giving those (usually) more conservative breeders a better chance of multiclutching, you're still not going to wreck havoc, because 1) they're generally breeding less often and 2) what they do breed is usually of a higher standard than, say, 11th gen inbred common, so most of their eggs will stand a higher chance of getting picked up.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I voted yes but wouldn't it be better if you only got like two or three and also I guess that it would be a bad thing since people would get scroll locked a lot quicker... but if clutches do come back for example if you breed a common with a rare you get one rare and two of the common?

-Band

Yes. I'd like to see clutches with more than one breed in them again! (Currently the only clutches have only the holiday's breed.)

But it'd need to be tied to the number of eggs already in the AP, like it was before. When the AP is full, there'd be only one egg. If the AP is empty, (as in, 0-6 eggs) you'd have the slight chance of 4 eggs. If there were 2-4 lines of eggs in the AP, you would have the slight chance of 2 (maybe if you're very lucky 3 ) eggs. Also. Fertility!

I don't like that there is a phrase that talks about clutches being 1-4 eggs. Its kinda like the Bright Pinks stating they can breed only once every 200 years. It just does't correlate with the the current "truths" of this world.

Well I guess the 2 year hatchie grow up thing .... but I'm gonna ignore that for now.

I think it would be neat to have some "historical" note that dragons used to be able to, however some change ... and it can be a change we are not certain of (magic, environmental, overpopulation, etc) and now it only occurs for Holiday Dragons because they are so special and rare and more magical or whatever that the impacts to other dragons doesn't necessarily impact them.

I think it would be nifty to put some history and "conspiracy theories" as to why it happened other than ... code changes to prevent horrible AP blocks.

Edited by natayah

I just don't see the point in multiclutches. It's almost demeaning, that so many eggs will clog the AP, and not even ones we want. People are already mass-breeding commons and sending them off, with messy, gross lineages (imo), and it just.. bothers me.

Even if Multi clutches are brought 'back' it'll just make the AP more clogged with commons.

Just make it holiday exclusive (or, leave it as is, I guess) and be done with it.

What I don't understand is that people always argue that you'd be able to keep more offspring of your dragons - because, even when there were still multi-clutches, you could only keep one egg out of the clutch.

I don't know what it was like when their were egg clutches, but I think that it would be neat if you could a) get clutches and be able to keep more than one, b)have eggs that take after both parents in the clutch, (E.G you breed WaterxCanopy, get three eggs 2 Canopy eggs and 1 Water egg. Or whatever. So you dont get just one breed from breeding.) and c) You can choose which of the eggs you want to keep. (Like, you have one egg slot left, you breed Two Finned Bluna and Ember, you want an Ember egg. The breeding gives you 3 Ember eggs and 1 TFB. For your one egg slot, you can choose any of the 3 Ember eggs, and the rest are abandoned. Or whatever.)

Those are my POSSIBLE ideas. They have totally been mentioned before, I just didn't read the whole thread.

Edited by Vulpine_Alchemist

Another Idea: You could choose how many eggs you want bred, so the abandoned lair doesn't get clogged. Honestly, without this or something like it,I don't think that the multi-clutches would be very useful except when breeding holiday/rares.

I see no reason to bring back multi-clutches outside of holiday breeding. People already complain about the commons in the AP, why bring back a feature that will put even more commons there? Personally, I'm just glad when I get *one* egg from my breedings.

Another Idea: You could choose how many eggs you want bred, so the abandoned lair doesn't get clogged. Honestly, without this or something like it,I don't think that the multi-clutches would be very useful except when breeding holiday/rares.

Doesn't work in reality. Because people breeding rare x common (for whatever reason) will always want 4 eggs bred - and abandon all rare fails. And you really don't want people with hundreds of golds or silvers be able to breed 4 eggs from rare x rare, do you?

I'm totally for the fertility thing, because

a) Fertility currently does pretty much eff all, so it would be nice if it became useful.

b ) it wouldn't result in excessive common multiclutches, because people would save them to use on rares.

while multiclutches were fun, I'm pretty convinced that they were contributing majorly to the ap problem.

Edited by dracocharky

I remember when breeding non-Holiday eggs gave a chance of producing more than one egg. Only once did I get a four egg clutch of non-Holidays, it was a Mint x Gold that gave four mints. Three were auto-abandoned, but two were picked up and raised to adulthood. That being said, I'm not sure I would want to see clutches of common eggs.

Now, if skewed ratios are causing common eggs to become uncommon or rare - blacks and seasonals come to mind - it seems that multiclutches would help to alleviate this. Maybe, for a month or so after new eggs are released, they might be able to give more than one egg per breeding? This could help to balance the ratios quicker while at the same time affording users with slower connections a better chance of catching newly released low gens off the AP rather than relying on gifting or trading.

IDK, I really don't understand the whole ratio thing...

I miss multi clutches. Not just rare ones. It was nice being able to breed a pebble and a mint and get both a pebble and a mint... you got the choice of which you needed to cintinue lines with.

I wouldnt want multi clutches with holiday/rare breeding. I want the ability to breed say... black/silver and have a shot at a metal... but breeding metals to holidays is a lot like cheating to me. holidays being bred to metals just makes metals more likely, but the resulting metals are more worthless to serious collectors than a metal bred from commons. I can barely remember my last common bred metal.

Tj has stated hes considering giving fertility the chance at multiple eggs. If i have to track down a quote i suppose i can.

So my vote: Yes i want multi clutches: No i do not want rarexrare pairings getting multi clutches. Common rare multi clutches would be nice. I still only want the ability to keep ONE egg. No more than that. Spread the love, commons and all.

besides: evening ratios requires people to raise the blockers. I hoard balloons, i love the derpy things. I've done my part by collecting at least 100-300 of the blockers that affect MY hunting most. Yes balloons still drop and hold up the line... but i havent seen a full balloon lock in the cave in awhile. I barely see two at a time blocking. I know three people who have been hunting them for me are saying its getting harder for them to find them. Yay, i did my part. Having more blockers in the ap does risk ap lockdown, but if people take on the burden of collecting even just ten each of those breeds, it does help make it easier for /everyone/ to hunt what they are after. More commons raised = more rares to be found/bred. This has proven true on my own scroll.

Edited by Thuban

I'd love to see Multi-Clutches. Even if they were just two eggs. I never bred my dragons back when it was possible so I was disappointed to find out it had been removed.

Right now the only multiclutches that occur is during the holiday breeding seasons when you breed said holidays of that season.

Now, if skewed ratios are causing common eggs to become uncommon or rare - blacks and seasonals come to mind - it seems that multiclutches would help to alleviate this. Maybe, for a month or so after new eggs are released, they might be able to give more than one egg per breeding? This could help to balance the ratios quicker while at the same time affording users with slower connections a better chance of catching newly released low gens off the AP rather than relying on gifting or trading.

This sounds like a great idea! It would only produce commons that are still high in demand (because they're new, obviously), so the eggs would be picked up rather quickly.

Right now the only multiclutches that occur is during the holiday breeding seasons when you breed said holidays of that season.

That's the whole point of this thread. Many people want mulitclutches, many people do not. I don't, but it would be nice just to see more than one egg. It's always amusing to see eggs go to the ap and see people's faces light up because you bred something nice and worthwhile.

I know the multiclutches for non holiday breeding was removed because of to many ppl wanting to cut back on the AP blockage and in all honesty, I do kind of miss it. There had been times in the past where my white/silver pair would have a single silver egg among the clutch of white.

That's the whole point of this thread. Many people want mulitclutches, many people do not.

I think the problem is the people who want multiclutches aren't thinking things through and/or don't understand how they work.

There is already an AP overcrowding problem, and since you can only ever take one egg from a multiclutch you are guaranteed to be dumping eggs into the AP if you get a multiclutch.

Again you can only keep one egg so unless you find and trade for the siblings you can't have "twins" and such.

They were useful when DC under-produced eggs to the extent that the cave emptied almost immediately and the AP was almost always empty and people bred all their dragons [admittedly fewer than the numbers on scrolls today] just to send them to the AP for other people to raise [it was also before lineage view for at least most of the time they were around and people didn't care about lineages since they couldn't be seen, all you knew was that it had parents and that you could click through parents until you hit caveborn, so these bred eggs were perfectly popular even if the lineages were horrendous by today's standards (they were also often inbred because you couldn't check the ancestry easily) ]

Edited by Pokemonfan13

That's the whole point of this thread. Many people want mulitclutches, many people do not. I don't, but it would be nice just to see more than one egg. It's always amusing to see eggs go to the ap and see people's faces light up because you bred something nice and worthwhile.

The problem with that is that most breedings are of (very!) common breeds, and most often of lineages nobody but the breeder really cares for. Like my neotropical x canopy checker - who'd be interested in raising the extra eggs I'd produce if I bred them? And I'd probably get multiclutches, because both breeds are common with a capital C. Or who'd like to raise a 20-something generation tinselfail ember from a (perfect) stairstep lineage? And I could swamp the AP with them if I tried (and got mutliclutches).

Edited by olympe