Lyricmaniac

Egg Multiclutches

I was playing when normal multiclutch was a thing, so I see it as a return to a norm instead of a novel concept and thus not a huge horror waiting to happen. That being said, my main issue with making it a BSA--that you'd have to use it individually for each breeding, which despite wanting to spread more eggs I'd never dedicate all that extra time to doing--has been pretty much addressed, so I'm down for either.

Exactly. Multiclutching for all breeds isn't a new concept.

And on top of just wanting natural multiclutching to come back, I agree with you that BSA is extremely annoying at this point. Unless mass-action use is implemented I'll probably be too lazy to use it, just like I'm too lazy to use fertility right now.

Edited by CNR4806

The nice thing about multiply is that the current suggestion is one female moonstone can affect the next 5 breedings, and the effect stacks, so I can just run through a few and go breed and it's done with. Much, much better than having to do it one at a time on preselected pairs, although I agree with you on still wanting that use multiple BSAs at once thing. xd.png

I think everybody having a choice to use it would be better than forcing some people to use it if they don't want to. If the choice is available and some people don't use it due to energy or inclination, then that is still their choice.

Personally, if forced multiclutching comes back, I would not breed unless there were an option to hide offspring names on our dragon view pages.

Exactly. Multiclutching for all breeds isn't a new concept.

And on top of just wanting natural multiclutching to come back, I agree with you that BSA is extremely annoying at this point. Unless mass-action use is implemented I'll probably be too lazy to use it, just like I'm too lazy to use fertility right now.

And, furthermore, many times I'm forgetful or just don't have a BSA dragon available when needed, for example with Fertility. I would prefer a toggle in the account settings that has multi clutching as default.

I don't support this. I think that making a BSA for multi-clutching is much better idea. BSA wouldn't interfere with different styles of gameplay, special lineages etc. - unlike return to the random multi-clutching.

I don't support this. I think that making a BSA for multi-clutching is much better idea. BSA wouldn't interfere with different styles of gameplay, special lineages etc. - unlike return to the random multi-clutching.

This ^

If my dragons were forced to multiclutch when I didn't want them to then I would stop breeding all my dragons and that would force me to totally change my playstyle. There are pairs who's offspring will never leave my scroll and I prefer it that way. If it was a BSA and I had control over it I'm still hesitant on supporting until we get a better idea from TJ on how it would effect not only ratios but the AP as well.

I don't care how Multiclutching works, I want it back. I enjoyed having x-amount of eggs to pick one from. I am not worried about adding more eggs to the AP, since they will sit there till low-time, and be snatched up.

I miss multi's, they are so much fun code-wise and also species-wise...(I was here when they were standard, and also of course during the holidays.)

I totally support this idea. As a chronic gifter, this means I could potentially produce 4 Tinsels/Shimmers/Metals/etc. or whatever per breeding and make 4 people happy instead of just 1 a week. smile.gif

As for turning it off, that doesn't really make sense to me...code hunting in the AP might be re-enabled, thus fixing the lineage problems; real animals, especially reptiles (and I'm pretty sure that that's what dragons are!) usually produce multiple eggs per clutch. Anyone here ever seen an alligator nest? Even geckos usually lay several eggs at one time, perhaps two or three.

I hate to be a downer on this thread, but I'm not in favour of this. The whole reason that the AP started blocking so much was because of mass breeds with multiclutching in the first place, and until TJ lifted the mechanism that blocked the cave when the AP was full, the cave was blocked almost all the time.

I don't think that anything has changed, which means that there are still a lot of eggs out there that sit for awhile before getting picked up - a lot of them messy, too, since there's another thread floating around about hiding eggs that have been picked up and tossed back multiple times. Having more unwanted eggs sitting in the AP just to get them incuhatchable seems a bit contrary, to be honest.

@Anano: I was playing when normal multiclutch was a thing, so I see it as a return to a norm instead of a novel concept and thus not a huge horror waiting to happen. That being said, my main issue with making it a BSA--that you'd have to use it individually for each breeding, which despite wanting to spread more eggs I'd never dedicate all that extra time to doing--has been pretty much addressed, so I'm down for either. smile.gif

So was I. I remember the cave back when multi clutch was a thing, only 4 eggs could be snagged and the 5th one was bred, all of that. Thing is from then to now many things have changed. New players have arrived, all now used to the non multi clutching cave, and as such many different game styles have been born from that. That has to be respected that yes, we were here before the change, that doesnt mean we should impose it on others who werent.

As far as I've seen as well the BSA is giving two options per gender so individual BSA use might not be an issue. If the creator of both gemstone dragons could even confirm if Sunstones are magic based or not, then instead of over complicating it for female moonstones do x amount while males do one by one, It could be revised to Sunstoned do x amount and moonstones do one by one. There are many possibilities that need to be covered before we try and change other people's game play for our own benefit.

As for turning it off, that doesn't really make sense to me...code hunting in the AP might be re-enabled, thus fixing the lineage problems; real animals, especially reptiles (and I'm pretty sure that that's what dragons are!) usually produce multiple eggs per clutch. Anyone here ever seen an alligator nest? Even geckos usually lay several eggs at one time, perhaps two or three.

As far as I know, real reptiles don't breath fire, don't use magic and don't communicate telepathically (though it would probably be cool...) wink.gif I think that there's no point in comparing dragons to real animals in order to find some justification for multi-clutching - more important is, how re-introducing random multiple clutches would affect different playstyles.

I don't think that anything has changed, which means that there are still a lot of eggs out there that sit for awhile before getting picked up - a lot of them messy, too, since there's another thread floating around about hiding eggs that have been picked up and tossed back multiple times. Having more unwanted eggs sitting in the AP just to get them incuhatchable seems a bit contrary, to be honest.

This. In my opinion, AP is rolling fine - after all, it's "Abandoned Page", not "Infinite Source of Incuhatchable Eggs".

I have enough trouble getting my rares to breed as it is. If all dragons multi clutch , TJ will certainly reduce the ability of Rares to produce, AT ALL, down to the almost zero level to preserve rarity.

If multi clutch BSA would get me both species I do have some pairs that I would use it on.

However, I don't see the need, except more rares for those who expect to get the good stuff dropped in their lap.

I'd like to see multiclutch come back just because I miss it.

It's fun to watch where your extra eggs go.

But, I don't want it just for rares, I want it for all dragons.

I don't breed my rares often, I breed commons often.

I wouldn't mind if it was brought back as a BSA though.

I support this idea, though not opposed to the BSA idea either.

Especially because I'm sure everyone has had a needed bred rare reject its destined mate >.>

I support this idea, though not opposed to the BSA idea either.

Especially because I'm sure everyone has had a needed bred rare reject its destined mate >.>

Refusals would not affected by multiclutching though.

I am not in favor of this at all. It mostly means more stuff to wade through on the AP. I do enough picking up and abandoning. A BSA would be somewhat more acceptable.

Edited by ainisarie

I think more people are actually more likely to pick up messy dragons if they're incuhatchable, especially with all the hatchie space we have. My goal is just to collect as much as I possibly can. I have no problem with messies, but I do pick them up a lot more when they're lower time. If I can't incu-hatch them, then I might as well save my space for neat even gens in the AP, my own breeding, or cbs I'm looking for.

I think more people are actually more likely to pick up messy dragons if they're incuhatchable, especially with all the hatchie space we have. My goal is just to collect as much as I possibly can. I have no problem with messies, but I do pick them up a lot more when they're lower time. If I can't incu-hatch them, then I might as well save my space for neat even gens in the AP, my own breeding, or cbs I'm looking for.

I WILL pick up a messy incu-hatchable.

I WILL NOT pick up a messy if it has more than 5 days on it.

So count me as your proof. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

^^ This.

Right now the AP is, again, at 6dh1. If it was at 5d or less, I would be picking up, hatching and, eventually freezing. Instead I just walk away. And the eggs stay there...

I remember when multiclutches were possible, but dependent on how full the AP was, and it was very, very unlikely for a clutch to have more than one rare egg (but at the time, a rare X rare pairing was pretty much impossible anyways). I was saddened to find out that's no longer the case, except for holiday breedings.

I would love to see the opportunity come back - whether it be site-wide or through a BSA (whether that be a separate BSA or an expansion of purple's fertility BSA).

I also wouldn't mind some sort of implementation where if an AP egg is picked up and dropped X number of times, the egg goes into the wilderness to hatch (dragon was too neglected and doesn't want anything more to do with humans, without being 'neglected' dragons, etc). This would help solve any concern over the AP becoming too crowded. I agree with the people saying that they're more likely to grab eggs that are low time/incu-hatchable.

Been there, done that, and, I'm afraid, am done with picking up messy dragons which I could mistakenly breed.

(Done that, too, lol.)

I don't Freeze, either.

When there seem to be nothing but messies, I walk away from the AP.

I never seem to have room even for non-Incuhatchable CBs of the sort I'll get when ER and I do hope that we're getting that extra Time-Based egg space TJ was considering earlier...

There are people like the Evil group doing AP cleaning, thank goodness, in order to earn rares, because a lot of us don't want to pick up messies rather than dragons we can use, although we may feel embarrassed admitting to it on threads.

But the fact that these messies take up scroll space while being useless to most who don't Freeze hatchies is why pick-up slows down, with the picked-over messies preventing other eggs coming through.

When we had multi-clutching, we also had a whole swack of AP clean-up groups who couldn't keep up with the outpouring, and it seemed as though people were constantly telling the rest of us that we should be loading up on messies of the sort we'd never breed ourselves, except by accident.

It's nice that some people do want or will take them, but from my perspective, we already have plenty of messies...

Right now the AP is, again, at 6dh1. If it was at 5d or less, I would be picking up, hatching and, eventually freezing. Instead I just walk away. And the eggs stay there...

...but someone picks them up in the end, so what is the problem? Most of eggs in AP are at 5 - 6 days and I suppose it's a good thing - because it means that even non-incuhatchable eggs are still picked up anyway. Maybe messies stay a bit longer, but they usually disappear when they are below 5 days. I think that proves that AP fulfills its purpose just fine.

...but someone picks them up in the end, so what is the problem? Most of eggs in AP are at 5 - 6 days and I suppose it's a good thing - because it means that even non-incuhatchable eggs are still picked up anyway. Maybe messies stay a bit longer, but they usually disappear when they are below 5 days. I think that proves that AP fulfills its purpose just fine.

Well... doesn't that confirm my argument? Even if there were more, due to multi-clutching (that anyway, according to the topic, would have a rare chance to happen) they would still be picked up when below 5 days :-)

But in the meantime, wouldn't those slowly aging messies form the great bulk, or entirety, of what was sitting on top of the AP much of the time?

Once picked through for useful CBs and lineages, what else would remain, preventing anything else from getting through?

Lately, there's been a large increase in times (i.e., most of it, it seems,) where that's about all I can find - this without multi-clutching being involved.

Even with the 5-minute shuffle, I (and others) find endlessly Refreshing the Cave too cumulatively boring, after years of fanatically doing it all night/day, lol, and if breeding's not good, it's hard to work even on lineages you have the dragons to build.

So, one keeps heading back to the AP, which at least generally moves around to help keep one stay awake, to often find nothing of any use.

And, yeah, we can find something else to do, and I suppose I should, really...

But in the meantime, wouldn't those slowly aging messies form the great bulk, or entirety, of what was sitting on top of the AP much of the time?

Once picked through for useful CBs and lineages, what else would remain, preventing anything else from getting through?

Lately, there's been a large increase in times (i.e., most of it, it seems,) where that's about all I can find - this without multi-clutching being involved.

Even with the 5-minute shuffle, I (and others) find endlessly Refreshing the Cave too cumulatively boring, after years of fanatically doing it all night/day, lol, and if breeding's not good, it's hard to work even on lineages you have the dragons to build.

So, one keeps heading back to the AP, which at least generally moves around to help keep one stay awake, to often find nothing of any use.

And, yeah, we can find something else to do, and I suppose I should, really...

I can see your point. But I tend to use all my freezing allocations for messies. Basically I sit on the AP, pick up, hatch, freeze messies while dropping "clean" eggies/hatchies that I wouldn't use anyway. Still selfishly keeping slots for what I will be collecting.

Part of me is thinking, how many also AP hunt? As well as How many are actually willing to pick up a messy even if the time is below 5 days? Some people have such a strict set for their scrolls that messies just ick them. What guarantee that once you're capped on eggs and hatchies other people will actually rush to pick them up?

That's just a thought though. I mean I am not against the idea of multi clutching just not as a site wide forced mechanic now that so many game styles have evolved from non multi clutching dragons. Just because they existed before doesn't mean that the change didn't change player styles. We should always take that into account.